It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morally LaVey's Satanism is superior to Christianity.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Actually, there is plenty of human sacrifice in the OT.
What do you think those men were, who were offered as a "tribute for the Lord" in Numbers?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Allow me to commence to rip apart Halfoldman's Original post.

1. The Old Testament is null and void. It is basically a historical record that showed how the Jews sacrificed animals and killed in the name of God. Only Judaism still does those things.

2. Once Jesus shows up everything changes and Christianity revolves primarily around the NT.

3. The NT basically teaches to accept JC as your teacher, savior, best friend and to that following in his footsteps leads to Spiritual Enlightenment.

4. Once this Spiritual Enlightenment is attained (i.e. Union with God) by then the individual has completely transcended ego, the body, vices, lusts, stupidity, etc and becomes a living example of Spiritual/Divine morality or completely selfless and of service to humanity.

5. In regards to #4 above, hardly very few ever get there because Christianity in the West has turned into a bastard Child of what it should and could be. Still these enlightened individuals are here amongst us and around the world selflessly of service to helping others irregardless of gender, sexuality, creed, race, or religion.

Thanks for just jumping in here with a bunch of outdated presumptions that absolutely hold no weight what-so-ever. You might as well have called the thread "Morally LaVey's Satanism is superior to Judaism"

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Only a fool thinks that the OT is null and void.
You need to read the entire Bible to get an
understanding of what the scriptures say.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The NT basically teaches to accept JC as your teacher, savior, b

Or he will have you tortured for all eternity .

Hey nice guy uh ?

This is why christianity has absolutely nothing to offer anyone that's not an xtian .

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Or he will have you tortured for all eternity . Hey nice guy uh ? This is why christianity has absolutely nothing to offer anyone that's not an xtian .

Dude its sooo not like that ...its about enlightenment and transcending yourself and the lower nature.

If One doesn't choose Jesus ......then there are all these traps in the world, attachments, addictions, lower natures, lower vibrations. Same thing in the afterlife.

This whole thing is about being Enlightened Spiritually. When one has this enlightenment, one is operating on a higher level having understanding of infinity, omnipresence, transcendence, and divine love. These experiences make sex with movie stars, all the money and power in the world look and feeling like foolishness compared to Enlightenment.

That's why real Xtianity has everything to offer everyone. It's a free gift, a free path, it only costs you your ego and lower nature which gets killed off in the process. AFterwards you feel like you are free'd from the matrix ..loke Neo.

Of course you already have your assumptions and biases against all of this so go ahead and present your next argument against this awesomeness, Im sure thats what will happen next

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mattias

Human sacrifice is not found in ordinary Christiantity. However, the conspiracy is that the official Christian doctrine is a deception for the sheeple. Those high up are possibly deeply involved in the occult. Looking at some of the hypnotic techniques used by certain TV evangelists today, I have my suspisions on who they are (just follow the Babylonian sun symbolism).

Wars and factory farms on certain power points are far more efficient means of attracting sacrificial energy than individual sacrifices. And who supports the wars? The Christian right-wing of course, and their evangelists. Are we surprised? Not really. Same thing throughout history.

So the actions by these figures reflects the bloodiness of the symbolism, and the fiery fate of the unbelievers.
Some Popes and King James were known at their time to be involved in the occult. Nowadys we can just look at the contradiction between the sabre-rattling sermons and the ideal of a "peaceful religion" (same for Islam).

Sacrificial symbolism is found in red Easter eggs (once died red with the blood of infants by the priests of Tammuz) or Santa Clause (the pot bellied idol Moloch whose tummy burnt red with sacrificed children) (see "The Pagan-Christian Connection Exposed" Michael J. Rood, Bridge-Logos, 2004).
A few Christians even know this, and they try to discontinue some of the more blatant sacrficial symbolism - but since blood and the sacrifice of the "son" is central to the faith, such attempts are cosmetic.

Some Jewish and Christian fundamentalists want to rebuild the temple and resume animal sacrifice. I saw on TBN that red cattle are being bred for the purpose. Christians believe this will bring about the second coming, and apparently the only thing stopping this is the Islamic mosque on the site.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Not all Christianity is the same. First we have a bunch of different denominations who have differing views.

Second it seems like you took a view bad apples, the egoic/carnal/adamic anti-Christian examples and use them to stereotype all of Christianity.

So I guess a stereotyper would say all Satanists like to sacrifice kidnapped innocent babies, love orgies, are gay mostly, and practice witchcraft. This is the exact same thing you are doing .....taking a few rotten apples to represent the whole.

Good job!!!(sarcasm) Perhaps you should do a little more studying instead of presenting pure unadulterated Bias!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

You should actually read the Bible for yourself rather than quote obvious biased sources. Mosaic law strictly forbids human sacrifice. Jephthah sinned by sacrificing his daughter. God did not command him to do this abomination. Jephthah was a confused pagan, only partially converted to the truth.

I quoted from the Bible earlier. That is your biased interpretation, Nowhere in the passage is Jephthah's faithfulness in his deal with God descibed as sinful, nor does it incur the Lord's wrath. But fair enough, at least your interpretation is better to me than another poster who argues that she actually went to live in a temple in lieu of being roasted.
Abraham was more than ready to sacrifice Isaac - was he also being sinful and half paganized? Quite the opposite.
But there is a moral lesson I suppose - be careful what kinds of deals you make. Yet the sacifice is there, and Christians kept the OT, and still quote from it extensively when it suits them.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Satanists are stereotyped all the time - it's a Christian cottage industry.
They rarely distinguish between the open Church of Satan and what they believe are clandestine Satanic covens.
I'm saying that Christianity, like all religions (possibly even Satanism) can be used for mind-control.
And no I'm not going to sift through every denomination and individual Christian. I'll just be accused of being biased. Christians can sort that out amongst themselves.
However, you're more than welcome to be specific about the bad apples? I think what I've mentioned are major streams in current Christianity.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Of course you already have your assumptions and biases against all of this so go ahead and present your next argument against this awesomeness,

So what does this "awesomeness consist of pray tell ?"

Are you happier than the rest of us ?

Do you not get sick like the rest of us ?

Do you not age like the rest of us ?

Do you not get divorced at the same rate as the rest of us ?

I'm a pretty happy guy so why not enlighten me , why would anyone want to believe the things that you do, how exactly would they benefit ?

What's on offer with your god ?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'm saying that Christianity, like all religions (possibly even Satanism) can be used for mind-control.

Thank You !!!!! This is exactly the root of this topic that was necessary to get to. I think we both are in agreement that "Religion" can, is, and will be used for mind control in many instances.

So what does this "awesomeness consist of pray tell ?

The awesomeness consists of transcendence, divine love, illuminations, stages of Enlightenment, loving complete strangers, willing to take a bullet for anyone even if I dont know you, a higher state of functioning beyond logic/reason, its like before the spiritual experiences that came to me from Xtianity ..I only used 5-8% of brain power and afterwords it seems like capacity is doubled and expanded, seeing into the nature of the matrix, of reality, of quantum mechanics, the list goes on and on....

Are you happier than the rest of us ?

I haven't asked "the rest of u" since there are 7.8 billion people out there. But I'm not seeing anyone I have met outside of Christians (and others on different Spiritual paths) that have the happiness that I have. I.e. my happiness is non relative ...its of itself, its born within. I can be homeless, broke, no food, and have 3 days left to live and still be happy within. Whereas pretty much everywhere I go peoples' happiness is relative to position in life, money, health, material things, relationship, family, etc.

Do you not get sick like the rest of us ?

Yes I still get sick. However before when I was sick ...it sucked, it would be so bad ...such a heaviness. Now the body is lighter, a feeling of less weight, and when sick it doesnt effect me like before, doesnt last as long, and I dont get sick as much as before.

Do you not age like the rest of us ?

Yes this body I inhabit ages. It means nothing since I had a first hand direct experience that this body is but a shell, a jacket for the soul which is ageless and eternal. I have no worries nor cares about aging it means nothing to me.

Do you not get divorced at the same rate as the rest of us ?

Does not apply. I came close to marriage once but it fell through. Since then I live happily celebate spending time reading, working, meditating, and in prayer. Im not against divorce. If its over its over. Divorce is the cause of 2 people who have not worked out their ego issues.

I'm a pretty happy guy so why not enlighten me , why would anyone want to believe the things that you do, how exactly would they benefit ?

Because for me it is not belief but direct experience. Belief is the realm of ideas, thoughts, assumptions. Experience is direct knowing. The benefit is that you awaken the Spiritual aspect of you, the soul, and the heaviness and crap of this world no longer affects you the way it once did. Its like you become Neo from the Matrix. Whereas those that are not Spiritually awakened are still plugged in and dont know it. The Movie the Matrix was written and inspired based on Spiritual concepts and truths.

What's on offer with your god ?

The direct experience of Absolute truth, divine love, a higher state, enlightenment. To become a Neo, a master over thoughts, the mind, the body, addictions/habits/attachments. To experience God, the source directly for yourself.

The realm of beliefs is for baby Christians when the are first starting out. Its called "Milk'. They are simply learning and they try to believe. The meat is the direct experiences which it make it impossible to doubt the existence of God and the spiritual world.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well thanks for that list but there's nothing there that cannot be or is no being lived out by atheists .

As I thought nothing new or better on offer that cannot be lived by anyone else.

You disappoint me guy, you could have at least tried to demonstrate something that cannot be achieved without believing as you do.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ok I get that.

Two things bother me.

1) THe only reference to satan is in the bible and he is the bad guy. There is no other source that mentions him in a positive light. This makes me wonder if he is not in fact a bad guy and deceiver. The moslems seem to make mention of him Shaitan who is also unpleasant...

If we look at ATS there are somehere to try to justify the (frankly) unjustifiable and obscure deliberately the issue. Could a similar thing not be happening with the Laveyan Satanism I ask myself?

2) The other thing is what do you make of so called demonic possession?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well thanks for that list but there's nothing there that cannot be or is no being lived out by atheists

Are you serious? You know for the last 6 years I have sat with extremely intelligent Atheists (professors', phd's, engineers, scientists universities) in very friendly and coherent debates and none of them ever professed or admitted any of the experiences I just did.

See I got mine from prayer, 3-4 hours meditation sessions, reading, spiritual exercises, baptism, and all of this led to Spiritual experiences ...of which when I asked every Atheist I know if they ever had such things ....100% said no.

As I thought nothing new or better on offer that cannot be lived by anyone else.

I already told you but it fell on deaf ears. You are operating in duality, in a Matrix ....unless you awaken Spiritually ...you are stuck in a prison that you have no idea about.

You disappoint me guy, you could have at least tried to demonstrate something that cannot be achieved without believing as you do.

I already did demonstrate but it fell on deaf ears as it mostly does. Its a shame, the Ego is boss and the real identity is not the ego.

Oh well, another one bites the Matrix dust

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If you want to say that everything is of God because he made everything (yes satan as well) then fine but what i meant was God never asked or told them to do this.

And who is this you speak of?

"blood thirsty monster that you must be afraid of . "

If you mean God then im sorry it makes no sense to me.

If God was a "a blood thirsty monster that you must be afraid of " Then why would he not just murder everyone? Why "must" you fear him?

Did he not give blood to save mankind? (anyway you look at it Jesus as God or the Son. God still gave him up)

So im sorry if i misunderstood what you meant.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Hey i wont lie i can be wrong from time to time and i study so many things i could make a mistake.

But please help me out point me to the page where God said he wanted a human sacrifice (and it was not a test)

And if so then ok we can get back to that but again that has nothing to do with Christianity as it was the OT

The OP said "The Bible is rife with ritual sacrifices" Ritual? in Christianity there is no human sacrifice unless you count Jesus and that was far from a ritual human sacrifice.

No really i cant remember God asking for a human sacrifice but i am human i can be wrong it could of slipped my mind. If you can point me to it i will be more then happy to say i made a mistake.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's not like this, there are two sides and each point a finger at the other, you are satan, no you are satan, you are bad no you are bad. It's a game, they game humanity. Is there a god ? yes inteligent design in the universe and here on earth, creatures, how things spin and so on. God does not write books, and good does not tell you to kill. Man is evolved from god's nature and alien evolution. The best way to live is to judge for your self but not upon others but your self but also to go with your feelings when they are best intended and cause no harm to others.

Why be sad when life is suppose to be a expiriance, to expiriance life.
I would live by these rules, don't kill, don't hurt others, don't get too greedy. If we live by the book then it's not living at all, rules rules, commands, we are alive we are not robots but some order is needed to keep things in place. So I would say a little bit of everything. Religion has no place in my heart tho I do beilive in god, the supreme creator of the universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Actually I believe if you refer to the apocryphal and pseudepigraphal texts Lucifer’s “job” was the antagonist of man. It was my understanding that the Satan character was derived from the Gnostic belief in Sophia and her creation, the Demiurge Yahweh was the manifestation of the devil, but that may have been Lucifer as well, it’s been a long time since I looked through it. Further, it has been my understanding that Satanism is the worship of one’s self, or more typically, the left hand path; which is also associated with the pursuit of Magick as it pertains to individual advancement. This stems from a much older tradition in mystical circles that men are god children requiring several lifetimes to advance to the state of Godhood. As to the moral authority of any single religion, that is very debatable but probably a bottomless can of worms.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

If God was a "a blood thirsty monster that you must be afraid of " Then why would he not just murder everyone? Why "must" you fear him?

Because he's imaginary my friend, I didn't write the nonsense but the order of the day from yahwhe/jesus is that you must both love and fear him.

Pop into any womens' shelter, remove the title god or jesus and repeat the instruction/command. I guarantee you this they will be repulsed and point out that you're describing the mentality of their abusive husband/partner.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
this has nothing to do with God vs. Satan honestly. if people knew half the truth you would understand that Jesus is never coming back, and the second coming of Christ is really lucifer if you ever read revelations. but thats neither here nor there.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join