It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morally LaVey's Satanism is superior to Christianity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There is no remission of sins without the shedding of blood! The Bible states that 'all have sinned and fall short of the glory God'. For us to stand in the presence of God, there must be atonement.
Paul writes in Romans:

Righteousness through Faith
21 ¶ But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ Gal. 2.16 unto all and upon all them that believe; for there is no difference:
23 for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Jesus went to the cross for you and me in perfect obedience to His Father.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I feel that I am just and loving towards my 2 children, but I also punish them every day. It just means I know what is best for them.

Would you really torture your own child burn it for all eternity ?

I couldn't watch my child burn for a second,let alone do it to her.

Clearly I have evolved with a far superior morality and greater compassion than this so called loving god is.

Anyone that would submit to the absolute tyranny of such a repugnant being that needs to command that it be loved without question has no more grace than those tried at Nuremberg.

It is this very type of psychological torture that is defended by controlling men in Domestic Violence groups.

Yes they slap their wives about a little, but they love them no less . Sick

[edit on 26-8-2010 by The Djin]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

.Christianity teaches suppression of our carnal nature.

You mean like the natural tendency to have sex ?

Amazing, you are created with an impulse to do something then the alleged creator allegedly inspires a group of men to tell other people to tell you not to do what you have a naturally tendency to do .

The most astoundingly insane reasoning I must admit.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Actually, Set has so much in common with Jehovah/YHWH and the Sumerian Enlil, it's a wonder more people don't see it. Also, given the close geographical ties of the Hyksos and the Israelites, and the similarities in worship, historically speaking, it is far more likely that they developed their own spin on him, much like the Babylonians did with Marduk. Were you to rely on the Babylonians, you'd think Marduk created man, but when you go back farther, you see a different story. It was common practice to rewrite the creation story to flatter your particular god.

Also, even within a Judeo-Christian framework, the word Satan could aply to more than one entity. Samael, Azazel, Gabriel, etc. The serpent in the garden refers strictly to Gabriel.

Apophis equates to the Sumerian Tiamat and the Judeo-Christian Leviathan. You can't just lump all serpent deities into one, there are vast differences.

There are many Satans.

And saying that all Satanists are pierced/tattooed attention-seekers is like saying that all Christians are like Fred Phelps.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Whom will I serve?
Satan, of course.

And those pagan gods were converted into "angels" in the Judeo-Christian canon. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your religion was not created in a vacuum.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
LaVey's Satanism has a backwards moral compass. I think you may not fully understand what LaVey's Satanism is truly about and why its backwards.

It is all about the self. It is all about materialism. It is about doing anything no matter what it is as long as it entertains your ego.

LaVey's Satanism further from God, your higher power, the light whatever you want to call it than just about any organized religion there is. It is all about ego and ego is what has corrupted our world for as far back as mankind goes.

We need to shed the ego, shed a life driven by feeding the ego and ultimately ignoring all that is good.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
LaVey Satanism is a crock like any other religion out there.

They're all control devices, no matter which version of "god" they worship. LaVey actually seemed to be in on the joke but one can never be too sure.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

If forced to choose, willful (hence virtuous) objectivist flavored humanism does hold the most appeal for me.

Laveyan satanism is really about ancient wisdom- know thyself, lesser magic (application of creative will) etc. Lavey used the judeoXian frame to sell it to all those *dark hippies*- but the philosophy is spot on in my view.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I guess it all depends on your own definition of what is moral and what is not.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
I was actually surprised to read that there really are people who know their bible... the point you bring forward is something most christians (read:95%) Does not know and would not even want to look at it if it was screaming in their face...

Most christians are afraid to think to deeply about their faith- lest doubt enter. Many atheists agnostics and so-called satanists have outstanding knowledge of the bible- and other religious works- thats why they reject religions.

I know some who can debate the various mistranslations of the KJV compared to the greek and then compare and contrast the extant aramaic versions of different tales. Like most such people the guy I know went to divinity school and still is active in his 'faith'. Now we have the spoken english versions- its like a terrible sitcom based off a game of telephone.

Sensitive, good people always question the source of evil in this world- there is no satisfying solution- except to reject the premise of good and evil itself.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You should actually read the Bible for yourself rather than quote obvious biased sources. Mosaic law strictly forbids human sacrifice. Jephthah sinned by sacrificing his daughter. God did not command him to do this abomination. Jephthah was a confused pagan, only partially converted to the truth.

And yes you can have the spirit of the Lord rest on you and even do great things, but still have sin and actually even end up in hell, as Jesus alluded to.

I see in the Bible a profound love story between God and man. God is so extreme in his love, that he chose to reconcile man to God by offering up his Son as a perfect sacrifice. His Son paid the penalty that we deserve for our wrong doings. Moreover God then lavishes his children with eternal life and power and authority in his kingdom. More really than we'd ever asked.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

speaking of "misunderstood" let me clear this up for you it is

"thou shalt not murder"

But some people misunderstood the words and more people think killing and murder are the same thing. They are not as im sure you can tell the difference.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

To say God does anything is to admit you believe he is real. With that said God has killed people but has never murdered anyone.

BTW that part about "imparted Knowledge to mankind" i guess you just proved that satan MURDERED everyone. Because of the eating of the apple God told Adam he (and all mankind) would now die. And satan knew this would happen.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by GunzCoty]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ha! What a bunch of crap, you don't even know what your talking about, do a little research, after Christ there are NO more sacrifices, as Christ was sent as the final sacrifice for us, which is what Christianity is based on, the teachings of Jesus. Ugh waste of time reading this thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Ok sorry to step in but let me clear this up. The Inquisition was not of God it was men going against what the Bible and Jesus teachings were.

yes it happens as well as people who Sacrifice animals in the name of satan wile holding LaVey's book yes it is a fact he was a friend i seen it with my eyes yet the book says

"Under no circumstance would a Satanist sacrifice any animal or baby".

And the funny thing is if there was ever a human Sacrifice in the OT asked for by God (there was not.....ever) What does that or the OP have to do with Christianity? You know the NT?

Please don't forget the OT is the Torah it was only after Christ died and was resurrected that you got Christianity.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I see in the Bible a profound love story between God and man.

This is the type of statement that scares me, a love story indeed. This is sick and twisted husband "commanding" his captured bride to love him and at the same time terrifying her with the repercussions should she choose not to.

To make matters worse the captured bride has not even met nor seen the husband, she was betrothed to him as a child her only awareness of this being is the hearsay of others who are equally dependent upon hearsay.

God is so extreme in his love, that he chose to reconcile man to God by offering up his Son as a perfect sacrifice.

Yet more tyrannical nonsense from a blood thirsty monster that lives inside a book !

Even if the story were true no sacrifice was made, even a half wit can figure that one out. Jeseus and yahwhe are the same being and omnipotent allegedly and cannot die so he was surely having a laugh there how can you possibly sacrifice the life of something that cannot die ?

To add insult we are told he suffered on a cross, what ?!! A couple of hours !!! Any other victim of crucifixion would be hanging there for many days before they had the relief of death.

Jesus suffered for a couple of hours was killed then came back to life in 2 days he had no intention of dying because he couldn't die.

Sacrifice ?? What a bloody lie to infect the mind of small children with.

Even so, what on earth did the (alleged) event have to do with us ? We didn't have any choice in this insane ritual because if we did we would endeavored to prevent it happening.

What a sick ant twisted delusional tale to tell little children the bible is morally bankrupt my friend my own morals are far superior to your yahweh/jesus godman.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Ok sorry to step in but let me clear this up. The Inquisition was not of God it was men going against what the Bible and Jesus teachings were.

Everything is of god dude nothing cannot be not of god, the god is the author of evil, the inquisitors were acting upon hearsay.

When people do good according to the bibles they are acting upon hearsay, the bible describes a being of unlimited mercy but it also describes a blood thirsty monster that you must be afraid of .

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
The gods' of the egyptians were pagan!
There are only two sides...God or satan,
whom will you serve?

1) Who created Satan?
2) Who understood the nature of Satan from the day he was given life?
3) Who has the power to prevent hundreds of millions of people/animals from suffering by simply banishing Satan and removing evil from this world?

I am not a follower of Satan, just using the brain that God gave me to ask these difficult questions.

[edit on 26/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
You should actually read the Bible for yourself rather than quote obvious biased sources. Mosaic law strictly forbids human sacrifice. Jephthah sinned by sacrificing his daughter. God did not command him to do this abomination. Jephthah was a confused pagan, only partially converted to the truth.

On the one hand you say this was an Abomination, an act against God. But then you praise God a few sentences later for sacrificing His son for man. How does that make sense?

And yes you can have the spirit of the Lord rest on you and even do great things, but still have sin and actually even end up in hell, as Jesus alluded to.

The existence of a literal Hell would confirm an inherently Evil, as opposed to Loving, God. It does not matter how you try to dance around the issue but in this world ALL Causes, Effects & Consequences are as the result of an Omnipotent God.

I see in the Bible a profound love story between God and man. God is so extreme in his love, that he chose to reconcile man to God by offering up his Son as a perfect sacrifice. His Son paid the penalty that we deserve for our wrong doings. Moreover God then lavishes his children with eternal life and power and authority in his kingdom. More really than we'd ever asked.

You obviously have one of the grossly mistranslated editions if that is your interpretation. But hey if it makes you feel happy to interpret it that way, best of luck to you.

[edit on 26/8/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The satanic bible is to be taken as seriously as Scientology (to the sane) All religions should be taken with a grain of salt. I do not believe in the teachings of Christ my father raised me on them and I had to stop because not fighting back messes you up. My fathers side of the family is full of bible lovers and I was verbally abused by them and My father taught me to be kind turn the other cheek.

After I read the satanic bible I became a happier person, yes its materialistic but Guess what everyone needs to do something for them selves and Sex is 100% natural you wouldn't be here if your mom and dad got down with it. Also its damn fun, Jesus doesn't know what he's missing.

All religion should be taken in moderation. don't be stupid. If the bible told you to jump off a bridge and kill your self would you? The Smart people who understand its a guideline would get this and say hmm no. If the Christians were right oh well I guess I was wrong better start working on my tan.

I plan to raise my kids atheist my mother was and thank the Goddess for that. Other wise I don't think I could deal with my nut job father. If they want to convert by all means they can but there will be no religion until they choose one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join