It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morally LaVey's Satanism is superior to Christianity.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

- If you want to write a book about how morally bankrutp (laugh) Satanism is, do it. Hope you find something "virtuous" to compare it to.
- Slap me on the cheek and I will try to knock your head off. But that's silly since we're in a virtual space.
- Christians admit their sins - good for them, whatever a "sin" is nowadays. I hope it's not still divorce and re-marriage. Masochism also appeals to some people. So what?
- I'm trolling, please explain? Sounds like you are trying to censor my opinions.
- In the sense that the Bible abuses women, children and animals, so far my "Satanic Bible" is morally superior and more in line with the law - and your whole post has not offered one grain to disprove that!

As for me being this lonely, miserable person - dude you don't even know me. Do you think you're a psychic or something?
And yes, people do form co-evolutionary technologies and solutions across the globe. What's the point? Please make a point?

PS. If you figure out what "Christian morality" is, be a good sport and tell me. We have a common sense view of morality at present. That means we try to protect the most vulnerable in society from abuse. Not so?
Or do you put an eye out every time you masturbate? Do you confess it every time? So be a good sport and define "morality", and then explain how one religion has a "patent" to it. But you're right, as far as adult fun goes I'm having a whale of a time.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
My only reply to any of this is, everyone has a god, whether they accept that as fact or not. If Satan, or whatever name you wanna use (satan simply means "adversary") is who you choose, then go for it. Kinda like tha ARMY motto, "Be all that you can be." If you can't be good, at least be good at it!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Ok The first point goes to Laveyan Satanism. Cool. I am generally suspicious of pointscoring arguements especially where only one point has been scored. I believe that the bible aspires to a more humane society whereby our baser interests are not catered to.

I look at the roll of Xtians in the abolition of slavery and the attitude to the ordinary working man at the time of the industrial revolution as greater points.

I still dislike the average mealy-mouthed Xtian.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Why, satanism is so popular and accepted?It is
because it allows people to embrace their carnal
nature.Christianity teaches suppression of our carnal
nature.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

As a Satanist, I can tell you that it is far from accepted. I get no end of flak for it. No other religion is so grossly misunderstood and feared.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I thought Christianity gave the masses of men carnal rights over their women.
They had to be silent and submit.
But Christians certainly had sex - lots of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Howdy Mamabeth,
Well to me it is not just carnality. Laveyan Satanic philospohy seems to best summed up as "if it feels good do it" it s therefore an unbridled hedonism that puts man at the centre of is own garden of earthly delights. If I am wrong then any expert on Laveyan satanism can correct me.

Also I see satan and hence satanists as part of a Xtian Quarternity with satan as the final addition to the Xtian trinity. Henc Satanism to me is a subset of the most fundamentalist Xtianity. These people seem to me to be angry with the rest of trinity and rather than leave go to the enemy of the Xtian god.

I have never bought into satanism but have chosen to find other religions far from Xtianity.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

LaVey's teaching is 'responsibility" not "compulsion".
There is also a tough, unmerciful law and justice. When you transgress social boundaries Satanists believe in the death sentence (or rather, an eye for an eye).

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

In the near future it will be more acceptable
than christianity.People love to embrace darkness.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No.
People love to feel self-righteous.
This is what fuels fundamentalist Christians.

Which is hilarious, since Christ himself seemed to have a big problem with people who went around being self-righteous.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That's the spirit!
It's probably the exact same thing they said about Christians in Rome, AD 100.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

As a Satanist, I can tell you that it is far from accepted. I get no end of flak for it. No other religion is so grossly misunderstood and feared.

Well what can you honestly expect of a being that only exists in the bible and is the shadow of Xtianity. The majority of people are of a Xtian heritage. Satan is clealry identified as the enemy of man.

Now let us not get Satan mixed up with Pan, Cernunos, Herne. Set etc.

You still have a right to belive whatever you choose to in my opinion and I am certainly not fighting with you. I am just having a friendly argument.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I happen to be a fundamental christian.
I'm telling you that you're wrong...
People will be accepting satanism or
some other alternate religion in the near
future.
Whatever problems you are facing because
of your religion,will be short termed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Set = Jehovah, actually. There's quite a bit of proof that the Hyksos and their monotheism was adopted by the Israelites. Which is also hilarious. God for Christians was the Devil to the Egyptians.

Anyway, back to what you were saying - Satan, as an archetype, can encompass many gods. It depends which way you want to interpret it. The fact that the Satan of today is a fabrication of the church fathers is what led Lavey to name it Satanism.

I'm not a Laveyan Satanist, I'm a theistic Satanist, but I do adore the guy.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yay!
because I do get ever so damn tired of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Halfoldman

I am a bit suprised that you support satanism. I am not attacking you. It is just that the other side of the coin must be mentioned. I have been consistently amazed at the number of ordinary people who do not dress up or have piercing or seem nonconformist in anywaywho are actually satanists. OK the wannabees and teenagers make a big deal of it but it is the oridinary people who are satanists that seem to amaze me.

No I don't know what you wear or have pierced (and don't need to know) or conduct yourself in public but with all respect to you I am amazed as there was never any inkling in your ATS personna tome.

I hope I have not caused offense.

Rgds

Tiger5

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Great thread!

S & F from me!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Actually I do not think that the Attributes of Set make for an easy equation with jehova. Set was a god that was of wild places, archery, storms etc. Jehova was to me more of a storm god. I am about 300 miles away from my books on Set but Walllis Budge and Te Veldt have written extensively.

I believe the archetypal arguements that you are using are always inconclusive as all it leads to is one god being equal to another as they all flow into achother when it is the cultural context that gives them their uniqueness.

Satan according to the Xtians had more in commmon with Apophis. Both Saten and Apophis being portrayed as serpents. Set was actually a permanent member of the (ennead?) ( or Ogdoad?) that crewed the solar Barque across the heavens according to the Egyptians. I would also have equated Satan to Sobek as a protodragon or big reptile.

You see you pays yer money and you takes your choice

Rgds

Tiger5

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

No offense taken.
It just goes to show how people are stereotyped.
It's just like one might see really punkish guys, and they're a Christian Metal band. And good on 'em too.
It's not about being "superior" or "inferior" as a person.
It's about having fun and a discussion.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The gods' of the egyptians were pagan!
There are only two sides...God or satan,
whom will you serve?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join