It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morally LaVey's Satanism is superior to Christianity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The Bible is rife with ritual sacrifices, not only that of Isaac (almost) and Jesus. In Judges 11:29-40 Jephthah sacrificed his daughter to Jehova (God), to seal his victory deal over the Ammonites.
So human sacrifice is clearly expected and accepted by the Biblical God.
www.evilbible.com...
But that is their atrocious Biblical morality to sort out - or at least the sheeple who follow the shills, and laughibly try to make others out as "evil".

Anton LaVey, whatever he may have been, totally forbade human or animal sacrifices in his "The Satanic Bible":

Under no circumstance would a Satanist sacrifice any animal or baby ... The purest form of carnal existence reposes in the bodies of animals and human children who have not grown old enough to to deny themselves their natural desires. Thay can perceive things that the average human can never hope to. Therefore the Satanist holds these beings in a sacred regard, knowing he can learn much from these natural magicians of the world.
("The Satanic Bible", 1969: Avon Books, P. 89)
Only a symbolic sacrifice of an enemy is accepted as a verbal or psychological curse - but only if so chosen.

So, if you believe that the sacrificing of animals or humans is wrong, then LaVeyan Satanism is far superior to the true "Satanic blood-cults" of the Abrahamic faiths.

The Biblical God demanded blood and sacrifice.
Arguably, by certain interpretations He still does.
So how can people who follow that be ethical?
Satanism doesn't even claim morality, unlike the religions that cause ongoing bloody wars, and brainwash people out of their money.
LaVeyan Satanism for me offers liberation from the truely gruesome Satanism of the World Religions.

Conspiracists (like David Icke) trace all the Abrahamic faiths back to Babylonian city states, and their true occult priests now preside over flocks of clueless sheeple, who follow age-old pagan trinities, idols, calendars and discursive sun (Christian) and moon (Islam) worship.
They hand over their money to shills, and practise bloody warfare.
They get the carrot of "prosperity" or the stick of "eternal hell".
Who are they to judge the open Satanist, who assumes the "evil" label to overthrow a mind-controlled dichotomy?
Haven't they slaughtered enough man and beast?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
LaVeyan Satanism has been and is misunderstood. It's closer to humanism. Unfortunately, there are too many people in this world that will use what they think is Satanism as an excuse to do evil - "the devil made them do it".

Many people think it is going 'against" God, which is silly, because many Christian's and other religions also go against God with many of their actions.

The ten commandments sound good on paper, but "thou shalt not kill" seems to have been followed by the word "unless", followed by excuses of war, sacrifice, heresy, and other things through history.

So many things have been misunderstood or abused throughout history, by religion, like during the witch burnings. Many thought to be "witches" and killed for it, were just herbalists, caregivers, and people that had pets.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Great point! I've always been puzzled by the whole God v. Satan issue. To read the Bible (subjectively) it actually lists example after example of Satan merely influencing at God's behest....then blamed for the actions of Man. God himself smites and murders, and continues to demand (AND RECIEVE!) praise.

If one knew nothing of Xianity (or managed to stay objective) while reading the "Holy" Bible, they might actually find this Satan character one to be pittied. For being the one who imparted Knowledge to mankind, he sure got the short end of the stick

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Aren't all of those things propagated in the Old Testament??

So, wouldn't the more educated of the Christians make the come back and say "Ah but after the Sermon on the Mount Jesus brought the New Covenant". Therefore nullifying all of those nasty rituals in the Old Covenant (Old Testament).

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Or should I say, the opposite of Devil's advocate since I'm debating against Satanism?

I agree that the Abrahamic religions are most likely descendants of Sumerian/Babylonian-Egyptian mysticisms though. That is pretty obvious for anyone who studies all of that stuff.

Which explains why they are so messed up, imho.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

the truely gruesome Satanism of the World Religions.

I was wondering what yu mean by this sentence.. are you talking about another form of satanism or are you describing the different religions existent as satanic?

Gotta say that even though I wouldn't, in my wildest dreams, adhere to anything carrying the name of Satan, the points you mention in your OP wich mainstream religion accepts as doctrine, strike true with me

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
While I agree that in many respects, LaVeyan satanism is morally superior to straight-biblical Judeo-Christianity, I disagree that it's right to call it broadly superior. I've read their bible (A pretty fun read, if dry), and it is actively a religion of selfishness. It does get extra points for admitting this, though, unlike most of the myriad forms of Christianity.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
For being the one who imparted Knowledge to mankind, he sure got the short end of the stick

Prometheus? Oh wait haha.

Anyways, I'll let you in on a secret.

Satan is a liar. That means he lied about being a bad guy. He is actually a good guy, he is just "testing" people. That's his job. He tempts people to "test" their faith and qualities.

All of that stuff you heard, it's just lies. When he says bad things, he is just lying again.

He didn't go against God, he just pretended to. That's his job. That's what he was created to do.

I am just saying that because it fits actually.

I mean come on, you thought he was telling the truth all of those times he lied? You gotta be kidding me. He was clearly lying about lying. He is an honest angel. If you know how to read his opposite nature that is.

Yes I am just speaking in riddles. And thats a joke. Or is it??

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And what is "morally superior"?

Are you morally superior to me? Or am I morally superior to you?

Who holds the patents on moral superiority? Who makes that judgement?

Right. No one is morally superior to anyone. We are all equally immoral.

Morality is very subjective between us humans.

But if a higher power existed, it would know better than we who is "superior".

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Jephthah made a foolish vow unto the Lord.
He could have repented of his vow,but didn't.
His daughter allowed herself to be sacrificed.

Isaac was a test,nothing more,Abraham passed
the test.God does not want the blood of our children.
God wants a repentant heart and soul.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Good interpretation, I think.
But perhaps a loving God could have released him from the wager, like with Isaac?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

By Muzzleflash
So, wouldn't the more educated of the Christians make the come back and say "Ah but after the Sermon on the Mount Jesus brought the New Covenant". Therefore nullifying all of those nasty rituals in the Old Covenant (Old Testament).

I was actually surprised to read that there really are people who know their bible... the point you bring forward is something most christians (read:95%) Does not know and would not even want to look at it if it was screaming in their face...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

One cannot know the faith of that girl... accepting this story as "true" means also accepting other parts of the bible... take sayings like: Jehovah is just and that type of stuff.. also take into account that the bible teaches nothing resembling to an eternal soul for humans (this also takes Hell out of the equasion)

Now think it over again... isn't it possible that god granted that woman some form of compensation rather then to just cease to exist? He did so with Enoch and a boatload of other examples found in the bible...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well the fact is that our society has arrived at certain standards of "goodness". Hence there is the myth of child-killing Satanists (just as Jews, and in ancient Rome, Christians were accused of those things). It causes moral outrage.

Now, child sacrifice, or killing children is part of the Bible. Or not?
Wouldn't Abraham be arrested and institutionalized for child abuse today?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Aren't all of those things propagated in the Old Testament??

Old Testament... New Testament...

Both of them have claimed at one time or another to be the true word of god. How can they both be trusted with the same claim? When can we expect the Really, Really New Testament to come out and claim that the other two were wrong/misguided?

To The Op:

Honestly, It's an endless cycle of divisive crap just like Satanism... ergo my belief system is better than yours... and like it or not, Satanism is still reliant upon the Abrahamic faiths to exist in it's own right. You're just swapping one book for another.

We need none the above to be civilised and intelligent.

IRM

[edit on 25/8/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Being "Just" and "Loving" does not mean you are nice to everyone all the time. Nope.

I feel that I am just and loving towards my 2 children, but I also punish them every day. It just means I know what is best for them.

When one does wrong to the other one, I punish. This is Just. And it's Love.

I bet they don't understand it in their selfish points of view, but being their parent, I understand it and I know I'm doing the right thing.

They both probably think I hate them half the time.

Sounds just like the human race from a greater aspect does it not?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Being "Just" and "Loving" does not mean you are nice to everyone all the time. Nope.

I feel that I am just and loving towards my 2 children, but I also punish them every day. It just means I know what is best for them.

When one does wrong to the other one, I punish. This is Just. And it's Love.

I bet they don't understand it in their selfish points of view, but being their parent, I understand it and I know I'm doing the right thing.

They both probably think I hate them half the time.

Sounds just like the human race from a greater aspect does it not?

Darn, you beat me to it....

But that is my reasoning for taking responsibility for my actions in front of Jehovah... In the same sence as your post, Jehovah is our father (IF you accept the bible that is
) and therefore he is more than able to correct us where needed. We are not unlike our own kids in that respect... not understanding...

When looking at it like this I feel its not a farfetch to "believe" including everything that brings along

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
ergo my belief system is better than yours...

We need none the above to be civilised and intelligent.

Wait a minute there...

Isn't this contradictory?

IMHO, the human race cannot attain a "civilized" state nor will it ever be "intelligent".

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Sure, you can go into all kinds of non-literal inerpretations if you choose.
It depends on your paradigm - fundamentalist or metaphorical.
However when you do that you also abandon your right to take anything else "literally" out of the Bible.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What is contradictory about suggesting we don't need religious doctrine to be intelligent & civilised? None!

IRM

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Well, for LaVeyan Satanism "Satan" is just a symbol.
Take the 9 Satanic Statements (wanted to pull them into the post, but too long):
www.churchofsatan.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by halfoldman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join