It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany to roll out ID cards with embedded RFID

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The new ID card will contain all personal data on the security chip that can be accessed over a wireless connection. The new card allows German authorities to identify people with speed and accuracy, the government said. These authorities include the police, customs and tax authorities and of course the local registration and passport granting authorities.

International Business Times

Germany hasn't learned at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What I thought was interesting about that piece was how it described this card as being correlated to a database to allow one to access the internet.

Others have discussed how a sort of key fob (similar to this card/ internet connection idea) would allow you access to hear a song on your computer. People could trade these items like collectibles. The interface device to operate this kind of thing on your computer would obviously be the same as this card/ ID/ internet connector.

Things are changing very rapidly.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash
Things are changing very rapidly.

and not for the betterment of mankind
but for the betterment of tyranny.
It's a NWO agenda

I won't get one, but of course I don't
live in Ger.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Tyranny in a card!

Seriously, if it didn't have RFID in it, no one would care.

I'm sure most Germans don't care either since it's really no different to the ID card they already have.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah Germany's such a poorly organised country in a terrible economic state no wonder they NEED these cards, it's a wonder they've survived so long without them.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's sad but yeah, I doubt there's going to be anyone caring about this. We already have ID cards and these are just seen as a more modern version. Kinda like chips in passports.

No one I know is batting an eye lid at this. Google is getting all the hate at the moment anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
They're just following suit.. Their tiny neighbour the Netherlands already has RFID chips in their ID cards, making the identifcation papers fully compliant to the ICAO9303 standard for biometric travel documents, apparently.

According to an article on wikipedia, the chip on my ID-card holds "the photograph, full name, date of birth, sex, document number, personal number, date of expiry, and since 28 June 2009 also two fingerprints [..]". Yep, I had my fingerprints taken (mandatory!) when I renewed the card.

Though the addition of this chip raises one aspect of security by making it harder to forge false passports and ID-cards, it also weakens security by allowing such data to be read without even touching the document. Of course there is some encryption, but without an RFID chip nothing can be read at all. Case in point..

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowKingpin

Screw that! If forced to have it, I'd leave it home or attach it to a rat's tail.

Tarrok is right tho. Most people will blindly accept it as the new 21st Century ID card. Sad but true.

Imagine what criminals could do if they can access your information just by walking up to you.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Removed post (misunderstanding)

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Clairaudience]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just wish people knew the huge dangers of having this technology with your personal information stored inside of it. It's scary and no one seems to care.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Misunderstanding cleared up.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Thepreye]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Sry, my bad, didn't want to come off so rude... I'm quite relieved you weren't serious, because I have seen many comments on ATS displaying Germany in a bad light for the wrong reasons (some which have no real basis in reality).
The OPs message concerns me, even though I hold no German passport, but my country of birth is soon to follow with RFID chips. There is even a small area left for it to be placed on, I'll have to update it by 2011 and get the chip if I'm not mistaken.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Clairaudience]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If it's happening in Europe, you can bet it'll find it's way to the states. It's only a matter of time.
And, if you don't register, you won't be able to pay bills, shop for food, open a bank account without your ID card getting scanned first. Unless you are a totally self-sustained off the gird hermit growing and hunting your own food,
then you just might be like the millions of regular, slightly left of ordinary, special and unique individuals in this greatest nation on earth who will be forced into complying or dying.
You think you're free? You only have choices.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowKingpin
Germany hasn't learned at all.

Sorry.. Please explain this absolutely retarded comment..

Learned anything from what?

If you think you know anything about the reasoning behind German ID'ing, then please enlighten us.

Also, what country are you from? Obviously there are no laws there that mean you have to have an identity and prove it under a situation where you break the law..

Clearly...

And for the record, while I don't agree with this type of RFID ID'ing, EU law creates the possibility for almost every citizen of Germany to bypass this system..

So back to the original point, and I am not German btw..

Germany haven't learned from what?

Originally posted by BetsnRoses
Unless you are a totally self-sustained off the gird hermit growing and hunting your own food,
then you just might be like the millions of regular, slightly left of ordinary, special and unique individuals in this greatest nation on earth who will be forced into complying or dying.
You think you're free? You only have choices.

I see you have Subscribed to Alex Jones's website then.. Give yourself a round of applause. Did you get the free tee shirt? I hope you enjoy your clearly overly abundant paranoia while the rest of us go on with our lives..

There was a time in your country when the building of the railroads was looked at as a large conspiracy by those who were afraid of progression.. Those people are dead now and those railroads have contributed to more than they ever have..

Not trying to tie RFID ID's to that sort of infrastructure but Progress is Progress no matter what way you look at it. And at the end of the day.. You're tagged no matter what. How many Satellites are looking at you now?? You pay tax? You have a passport? Yes? So how many times have the death squads killed you then?

And Europe has the problem.. Where in Europe? Im Irish, we don't have this system.. I currently live in Berlin in Germany, I'm soon going to be in Barcelona in Spain.. I'm never going to need this system.. When it becomes an EU law.. then start worrying. But until then, where in Europe are these problems going to spread from?

edit on 8/9/10 by Dermo because: Spotted another comment that needed whipping.

new topics

top topics

join