It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human trafficking victims tell stories of modern-day slavery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Another reminder of the fact that while we live our lives in bliss, there are others for whom the world is one endless freak and horror show. Pedophilia and child traficking have been around from the very beginning of civilization, but somehow, at least to me, it seems that such atrocities should one day - hopefully sooner than later - become things of the past.

An estimated 700,000 to 4 million people around the world are being trafficked for labor and sexual exploitation each year. Human trafficking is the fastest-growing source of profit for organized crime.

www.dw-world.de...

Kikka Cerpa was forced into a life of prostitution after her boyfriend persuaded her to leave Venezuela and go to New York in 1992.

"I went to the United States thinking that I was going to be working as a nanny, and I ended up being a prostitute, not by choice," she said.

Cerpa said she was beaten and raped and spent three years working in the sex trade to pay off her boyfriend's debts.

Anyone interested in delving into the subject is welcome to spend some hours sifting through the 300 page UN Global Report on traficking in persons (pdf) file.

Sorry for ruining anyones day with this sad-but-true piece of info. It's only coincidence that made us conspiracy theorists while others became sex-slaves. Maybe in this case solidarity and being aware of the problem is all we can do - although I hope that one day I'll find a constructive outlet for all the hate that builds up in me when I read about such atrocities.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
very disturbing indeed.
It happens all over the world.
And seems to me, very seldom is
there a conviction on this sort of thing.
So what does that tell ya?
Govs are doing it or their agencies.

watch the movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson
(not sure of spelling). It will give ya tons of
insight as to how this world wide ring
operates with impunity.

new topics

join