It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't i create a my pictures account!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hi guys
I dont seem to be able to sign up for my pictures account when i go to log in it just refreshes
also when i create an account it tells me
"Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later!"

[edit on 25/8/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have the same problem and i have tried for several months.
2 line

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have the same problem and have tried every venue i can think of but can elicit no response from ats officialdom.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Does post count effect it by any chance.
cant believe no one has said anything after 7 months !!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I can't do it either.

Oh well.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You need to sign into the MediaAboveTopSecret/My Pictures portal using your username from ATS and the password they sent you when you first joined (or whatever the most recent auto-generated password they've emailed you is).

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Hey thanks! Your post contained the key word I needed: Auto generated!

Much obliged!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

They have sent me a half dozen passwords and none of them work and they won't even respond when it is entered into the suggestion/complaint box or board business, et cetera....

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Hmm..., that's strange.

Have you been typing in the passwords or using cut/paste? I've noticed that sometimes when I cut/paste the password from the email ATS sent me it doesn't work.

If that still doesn't work, and you haven't gotten any response from using the Suggestions function, maybe u2u'ing a mod directly would work? I'm not sure who to suggest though, maybe greeneyedleo who seems to be one of the most active mods in the Board Business and Questions forum?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Try this. Log out, then go back to the log in tab. Before you log back in, look to the left at the change your password box. Change your password and try again. Had the same problem for the first months of being a member and was frustrating but this fixed it. Was trying to set up an avatar and could'nt until I changed password. Don't know why this worked but it did. I was in contact with JBird during this and was of great help. Good luck.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by JMech]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This must be one hell of a problem if no mods want to show up to address it.

Seems to be a trend; when some issue is too tough for the mods to handle, they just ignore it and hope it goes away.

Wonder if they'd show up if there was a profanity censor violation?

What do you *snip* think?

Edit to take out bad language before I get banned.

I finally got an answer to my old thread, although not from a mod, of course.

[edit on 8/25/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I see what you mean. When I had my problem, u2u'd one of the head honchos and got nothing, I guess those guys are busy though. Had to post in board questions and got a response in minutes, but the answer was elusive for an hour or so. Something about upload space being a different site as the board.

Edit. went to complaint/suggestions to get mod. advise. It's in ATS account settings under the member tools tab.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by JMech]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JMech

I have changed my password and still can not access the My Pictures account
when i click on sign up it still says its have been disabled and when i enter the username and the new passwords it just refreshes the screen and clears the username and passy

[edit on 26/8/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Same thing has happened to me since the day I made this account.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Apologies for the lack of response time, guys...the only thing I could think of was provided by americandingbat above.

However, Staff has been alerted and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Media Portal isn't currently synced with the realtime Live ATS user/pass database. If you've changed your password since joining then you'll need to login using the previous password, or if you haven't recently changed your password just use the one you were initially assigned.

Anyone who still can't seem to login Please U2U me and I'll reset the same, allowing you access and the ability to edit your password on the Media Portal to something you can readily remember.

This ATS/Media Portal issue is something that should be resolved once the switch to ATS2010 takes effect.

Lemme know Folks!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by JMech

... when i click on sign up i...

Just to clarify ... you don't have to "sign up" . Only "Log In".

2 distinct processes.

ETA:
In case someone isn't aware ... Avatar & Media FAQ's.

[edit on Thu Aug 26 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I know it is aggrivating, especially when people like me tell you to do what you have already tried
. Not being funny here but I see you have an avatar so you had access to pics before. Any idea what changed, did you clear passwords (if you use windows)? Also(don't get pissed) the passwords are case sensitive and really wierd. Just throwing some stuff out there. Again good luck

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Iv done it !
its seems like the passy for media is not the same as login passy

i clicked on forgot passy and it sent me a mail to reset my media passy that was a random generated set. it is not the same as my login passy but it works all the same

Many thanks guys for all your replys in helping me with this problem.

top topics

join