It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Vibes."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This is my all time favorite topic, and I really want to share what I think about it.

Vibes. I think we all understand to some degree what that means. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of vibes is music.

"Ho brah, dis song get da kine reggae vibes!" Like that.

Music is of course vibrations after all, and vibrations do affect us in all kinds of ways.

Have you ever met someone or gone somewhere and gotten "bad vibes?" I know I have. I believe this has to do with the fact that I am not vibrating on the same frequency, and that these "bad vibes" are disrupting my flow.

On the other hand, I have been to places and met people who give off good vibes. I'm sure you've experienced this as well. I think this has to do with the fact that these vibes are on a positive vibrational frequency, and either are on our level or help to elevate our level.

One thing that is always important to remember is that our vibe is constantly changing and constantly being affected by the vibes around us.

Let's say you have a friend who is always cheery and positive. One day you see said person and you notice their demeanor seems sad. Immediately you would most likely pick up on it and say, "What's wrong? You're not yourself."

I believe we as humans can pick up on vibes quite easily. In my opinion, all matter is affected by vibrations. It is said flora grow bigger and better if you talk to them in a sweet voice and also play certain types of music. Animals can also pick up on vibes. Let's say my dog did something bad, like chew up my shoes. When I go walk up to her, she knows she's in trouble because she can pick up on the vibes I'm giving her since she tore up my good pair of shoes.

Yup. I find vibes to be an extremely interesting topic and I know the awesome minds of ATS can definitely add some meaningful insight to the thread.

Thank you,

SES

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I totally agree - vibes are very important.

We are all born with instincts, but some of us ignore them - they are probably the most important thing we are born with.

I also get vibes from people.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think vibes are attributed to a lot of things. While I believe in vibes and I feels vibes from other people, mostly new people. I'm not convinced it's no more than our opinion of that person based on their appearance & actions. There could be more to it but I just don't know that for sure.

I guess a good experiment would be to place a wall between two people that have never met before then ask them to describe the vibes they feel towards that person..

Regardless of the outcome though I will continue to rely on vibes when I pick my friends and the people I surround myself with as they haven't steered me wrong.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My vibes are much different in that I internalize those vibes from others. I adopt and posture as the person whom I am in contact with in exact frequency and rate as they are projecting.

This leads me down several paths. If the person is untrustworthy they see me as untrustworthy. If the person is of a nurturing capacity then I, in turn, express myself in that same nurturing capacity.

I am not able to turn this off. I have tried and physically removing me from the person is my only option.

If I am met with strife for what ever the reason I project strife. If the person is calm I am calm.

For years I felt I was a chameleon in that I wore many skins, but in fact I am not wearing a skin but rather projecting the skin of another. Like a mirror, they see their reflection in me and I am either very relatable or I am highly rejected. I rarely if ever find the middle road with people, and too often they see what they think they see and I am labeled as a result.

Good or Bad, Ugly or Beautiful; I am none of what people seem to think I am at all. I am just a reflection of their inner person and my job is to show them the Truth, even at the cost of my sanity.

I do isolate myself from people, I am only gregarious if the nature of the person I am near is outwardly, otherwise I am completely a hermit.

I have never known if this is how animals react to me but I often find I speak in their same language. I respect animals in that I do not need to control them nor hold them.

The hardest thing of all is convincing myself that I should not take another person seriously when they dislike or distrust me, they are after all only seeing themselves. I am not a good judge in character as a result and often I am dealing with a superficial mood or reaction and that is only a shield for others. I am sure some of them must be nice in some capacity, they just never showed that side to me.

If you want to see the face of God then look into a Mirror.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"It is all about good vibes!" is what I heard at many different music festivals this weekend. Its nice walking around and hearing so many people talking about just how much they can actually "feel" the good vibes that are around at festivals.

Then its funny when I go to my local Target and feel absolutely NOTHING for the most part...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well you pretty much covered my thoughts on the subject SES. I will add that I think "vibes" are both tangible and intangible, resonating on the physical plane as well as spiritual and psychological. I have a dog and she has been consistent in sensing good or bad in people too.
I don't know how much of these vibes we pick up are psychosomatic, or visual cues, but I feel like the sensation envelops multiple factors for a result, and therefore are considered legit imo.

spec

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes. Vibes mean so much on so many levels. That is why Vibes are my favorite subject. They can be related to just about anything.

-SES

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
My vibes are much different in that I internalize those vibes from others. I adopt and posture as the person whom I am in contact with in exact frequency and rate as they are projecting.

This leads me down several paths. If the person is untrustworthy they see me as untrustworthy. If the person is of a nurturing capacity then I, in turn, express myself in that same nurturing capacity.

I am not able to turn this off. I have tried and physically removing me from the person is my only option.

If I am met with strife for what ever the reason I project strife. If the person is calm I am calm.

For years I felt I was a chameleon in that I wore many skins, but in fact I am not wearing a skin but rather projecting the skin of another. Like a mirror, they see their reflection in me and I am either very relatable or I am highly rejected. I rarely if ever find the middle road with people, and too often they see what they think they see and I am labeled as a result.

Good or Bad, Ugly or Beautiful; I am none of what people seem to think I am at all. I am just a reflection of their inner person and my job is to show them the Truth, even at the cost of my sanity.

I do isolate myself from people, I am only gregarious if the nature of the person I am near is outwardly, otherwise I am completely a hermit.

I have never known if this is how animals react to me but I often find I speak in their same language. I respect animals in that I do not need to control them nor hold them.

The hardest thing of all is convincing myself that I should not take another person seriously when they dislike or distrust me, they are after all only seeing themselves. I am not a good judge in character as a result and often I am dealing with a superficial mood or reaction and that is only a shield for others. I am sure some of them must be nice in some capacity, they just never showed that side to me.

If you want to see the face of God then look into a Mirror.

Yep I use to do the same, and funny thing is a bully, or negative person always takes great offense, while not addressing their own actions.

I have now moved on...Better now as I can influence rather than reflect if that makes sense, while not trying to sound conceded. It's a conscious decision. I am still not great at it and can fall back on the other way, and it mainly is evident when I am sick, tired or not in best frame on mind or situation...It's a form of defense I have worked out.
It stemed from my own lack of ___ add in many things..with others it may be different(and probably is).

The sad bit is we need to be able to project something of our self, it's a risk but it also has rewards...and negatives.
That's the risk
If we want positives we have to take a risk other wise the amount of chances to receive is reduced greatly.
I didnt allow the negatives...but the whole time it would attract it myself in some ways at some time either then or later anyhow. Always.
I had fooled myself for near on 35 years untill I worked it out...but also the stupidity was I always knew it too.

I became cold (and seemingly invisible) to external things even when I felt fine and happy, but it was never was evident to others, only when I projected my joy or sadness did people interact and react.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I too can feel peoples "vibes" or their energy. If I am around certain people I feel relaxed and calm, but if I am around people I don't like(usually for a good reason) then I feel tense and sort of stressed and as I'm being judged.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I just made this post and then realized your thread, i'll paste it here cuz it seems appropriate:

"I believe, because of various concepts that make sense and from experience, that all minds are ONE. On some level you are aware of your subconscious, your conscious mind is the experiencer, it is very limited but on a deeper level that emptyness starts to feel more like a network without a location / origin.

Think about astrology how planets are used systematically to chart different characteristics of a person and trends in society. It's a big mish mash of networking to me... whereas no one thought is unique or truely individualized.. it came from a concept from something you perceive outside yourself you observed, it comes from life experience, it comes from things you deem outside yourself, how can one thought be individualized? You think your mind is your own and actions are unique until you are surprised to see other people thinking alike, you are suprised at how many "co-incidences" you experience.

These days if I'm talking to someone and staring in their eyes I can almost hear their thoughts. Sometimes I can and I blurt out what they are going to say before they even start the sentence with "ummm". But mostly through is I just feel their emotions. I'm trying to think how to explain it...

Just focus on the feeling in your body, tingling on your skin,.. feel what a thought does... for instance... you think something uncomfortable and it does something unique to your body, like the thought is a wave. Over time you identify those different "waves" and can tell what they are. Its just that our minds are clouded and we doubt ourselves... but you know that if you are a disciplined person, impossible to anger, confident, happy, clear of mind and you feel balanced and solid as a rock... then you begin to feel what others are feeling... its difficult when your emotions and mind are firing, you confuse the signals.

But anyways.. I think there is no seperation with our minds... only limitations of awareness... we can be taken to those more aware steps with various methods but consistent meditation - understanding and decluttering your attachments to things/people/experiences... your desires and fears that occupy your mind, what I mean to say is the gradual efforts you take to declutter your mind, understand yourself and find your center, leads to increased awareness of this network. It's like training your eyes to see more pixels, your ears to expand their range and your skin, your nerves, your sense of "personal space" people complain about (electromagnetic field) around you..allowing those to be decluttered, and focussed, and then expanded.

It's not an over-night thing. Its almost unbelievable but as the days become months, become years you can't deny that your sensory (and extra-sensory which I just consider an unrecognized in-built sense) awareness has been greatly sharpened and expanded.

Certain people connect better together, their minds are similar or have similar qualities that it's like they read each other better.. this can lead to thoughts bleeding through... also being around people. You can pick up their negative thoughts and confuse them for your own, but mostly it would just make you feel uncomfortable and anxious, and the inverse also applies where they raise your mood.

Think of it like this.. all the atoms and sub-atomic particles and beyond that, they are all firing, aranging, connecting and polarizing.. You come into someone's field and a magnetic sort of transfer of charges occurs because nature tries to balance itself out... so take a happy person and a miserable person and that miserable person will start exchanging charges with the other person to bring about a balance..this sometimes comes out in a very surface kind of way...such as insults to make them feel better, or needyness, getting you to do something for them to put them at ease, and see likewise you experience some mental stress because of this, or if your ego is secure enough, you'll mostly just feel it in your field.. like in your lower stomach, upper if they are nervous, in the chest if they are "dead inside".

Think about this, people enter a certain distance and you start feeling them.. because that is your most sensitive layer, the borders of your "aura" so to speak.. but it keeps going on and on one could reason.. and so we are always blended as we move through nature in a dance, like a school of fish, think we're so individualized. It then becomes apparent to you that you are always connected / exchanging even if it has to go through a long process, but you are still exchanging charges/ energy with people who you'd want to seperate yourself from. It then becomes apparent you're in the same boat, and from this stems the realization that your environment and the people in it need to reach the same level as you if you want to collectively progress. You might feel some neighborhoods just FEEL nicer then others, some cities, distances away across countries all have different feelings, vastly different.

You can even look at this from a very basic level... one guy does something that another guy's mind has a problem with..affecting that guy's mood.. that guy's drop in mood then acts out on someone else whether directly or just energetically.. which travels to other people and so on and then comes back to you in the form of a now bitter person who had a crappy bus-ride because of the rude guy on the bus that had a bad day at the office because of another guy who he unable to accept / tolerate. You see what I mean? Either way you want to look at it, the charges / the changes find a way of finding you. You are part of the network.

You observe people and identify with their problems, relate to them, and acknowledge how you used to be, you go on the wisdom you've acquired and you understand how they could be this way, this turns into compassion and with that awareness that you are inter-twined with them, its no longer a matter of self-interest to make them..RELAX..it becomes a mutually beneficial thing. The peace you bring to others has a very simple to understand way of coming back to you, if only on the surface level. No BSing your kindness is needed, its legit, it becomes the only way you know how to function, the only way that makes sense, to bring peace, because it makes the most sense and gives the most satisfaction that no ambitious accomplishment can match up to.

So do I think our dreams are affected by people? Yes.. and as much as "I" am affected by people, my envirionment one way or another, that is reflective in my dreams anyway, otherwise, what would I dream of if not subjected to the "external" world."

-------
It's all about the vibes man!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I can not agree more it's all about vibrations!
It is the positive energy that brings the right persons to eachother
or to the right spot. positive attracks positive

And reggae along with other music styles is a good way to trigger
those positive vibrations!
Try and find out for yourselves by listen to this song from Bob Marley:
Rastaman Vibration
Three little birds

The thing with vibrations is...
if you are really down and at low vibrations it is hard for others
to get you back in positive vibes....
So keep it positive my friends!

Love and Peace...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Now in the non-musical vibes I am quite sensitive. More so with animals though then people. My folks have a cat that can be a little unstable at times. Whenever I am near him and he gets into his aggressive mode I can feel it. My skin tingles and I know enough to not bother him. With people I have to "tune" in before I get their vibes. The closer I am to the person on a emotional level the better reception I get.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
While I believe in vibes and I feels vibes from other people, mostly new people. I'm not convinced it's no more than our opinion of that person based on their appearance & actions. There could be more to it but I just don't know that for sure.

Body language, I'd say.

Even if you don't consciously read body language, you subconsciously read it.

You HAVE to because you are also speaking in body language, and when someone else moves relative to you it is like they are literally "talking" to your body. They might shift and turn inwards closer to you, and you might react by taking a small step back. Things like that. It seems automatic, but you can consciously read these things too and tell an amazing number of things about someone, what they are thinking and feeling.

I've seen funny videos about Asians and Westerners having business conversations.

Asians are often used to living in much more crowded areas, just like any city people but some of their cities are especially packed. So they're used to standing closer to someone. People from the US, especially from rural areas, are used to keeping their distance from other people. So the Asian businessman will step in closer to feel more comfortable and not stand-offish, and the American will back up thinking the Asian businessman is uncomfortably in his "space bubble." And so in time-lapse video you can actually watch these conferences and it looks like the two people are dancing, chasing each other across a room.

Oh, and afterward, the Americans generally considered the Asian businessmen to be too forward, while the Asian businessmen considered the Americans to be distant and cold.

edit on 12-9-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What about this one right here
This music definately makes you feel good!
This is one of my faforites performance by U-Roy
at the One Love & Peace Concert! yes I love it check out the rasta on the left on the stage
doin'some reel moves yes man! enjoy!

Peace and Love

edit on 20-9-2010 by PositiveVibration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I concur that there may be many kind of vibrations in all things, starting from miniscule worlds of quantum mechanics and subatomic existence. However, the "vibes" I hear people talk about, are hardly these physical vibrations, but rather emotional attitude. I dunno, whether they really cause vibrations in anywhere our organs, rather feeling. However I am not sure for I haven't seen them.

But according to how people usually use word "vibes", refers mostly to an mental/emotional feeling.

You asked if I have ever met person who cause "bad vibes"? I have, but I have also recognized that these "vibes" were nothing but my emotions regarding their style, appeareance, and so on. Sometimes these person were revealed to be kind of personalities that does not please me, but sometimes they were very pleasant personalities I've build relationships with.

So in most cases, the "vibes" we think we are receiving, originate directly from our egoes, therefore from our prejudices. Or would a neo-nazi look-alike cause you bad vibes on first glance - even he might be your best friend if you would familiriaze yourself with him/her?

I'd like to do a test to prove my case. It would take some 100 hundred naked, shaved and otherwise normal looking person, and then they would be required to make attempt to sense "the vibes" others are emanating. My hypothesis a priori is that the vibes would be silent compared to fully dressed people, that reflect their personality by clothing and style.

Sometimes body language also can cause the vibes. But without emotion, without clothes, without bodylanguage, there are no vibes. IMO. In the end, I'll quote one of my favourites according the issue:

The destructive quality of this thinking, as well as its limited usefulness on occasion, does not need stressing. But there is still another form of negative thinking, which at first glance might not be recognized as such, and that is theosophical thinking, which today is rapidly spreading in all parts of the world, presumably in reaction to the materialism of the recent past. Theosophical thinking has an air that is not in the least reductive, since it exalts everything to a transcendental and world-embracing idea. A dream, for instance, is no longer just a dream, but an experience “on another plane.” The hitherto inexplicable fact of telepathy is very simply explained as “vibrations” passing from one person to another. And ordinary nervous complaint is explained by the fact that something has collided with the “astral body”. Certain ethnological peculiarities of the dwellers on the Atlantic seaboard are easily accounted for by the submergence of Atlantis, and so on. We have only to open a theosophical book to be overwhelmed by the realization that everything is already explained, and that “spiritual science” has left no enigmas unsolved. But, at bottom, this kind of thinking is just as negative as materialistic thinking. When the latter regards the psychology as chemical changes in the ganglia or as the extrusion and retraction of cell-pseudopodia or as an internal secretion, this is just much a superstition as theosophy. The only difference is that materialism reduces everything to physiology, whereas theosophy reduces everything to Indian metaphysics. When a dream is traced back to an overloaded stomach, this is no explanation of the dream, and when we explain telepathy as vibrations we have said just as little. For what are “vibrations”? Not only are both methods of explanation futile, they are actually destructive, because by diverting interest away from the main issue, in one case to the stomach and in the other to imaginary vibrations, they hamper any serious investigation of the problem by a bogus explanations. Either kind of thinking is sterile and sterilizing.”

(CW 6: Psychological types. Page 354. Emphasis by v01i0.)

-v

edit on 20-9-2010 by v01i0 because: 446

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Yeah I totally agree with you but,

Even the most good looking person who is presenting themselves just right can have underlying vibes or intentions which seem bad to me. Sometimes people are there to manipulate you, and I can see that energy coming from them. Sure, they might be a good person most of the time, but even the purest heart has moment where they emanate vibes of a lower nature. So I'm saying, you really gotta be in the moment when feeling out vibes. They drastically change depending on the situation.

But you do bring up some very excellent points. There have been times where I did not "click" with someone on first meeting, but as time went on, we would start to become friends etc.

Thanks for your post.

-SES

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

I agree.

The opening lines of
the Beachboy video above will attest
the original hippie use of the word 'vibrations' was a simile.
It was ascribing human characteristics to an inanimate object,
in this case a color. The color was said to vibrate. To be vibrant, which
is a usage that still persists. Sensing good vibes is the same thing as saying it rings true.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

good post.
i definitely believe in vibes. well, it's not even so much as a "belief" thing; they are real. i just think not everyone is wired the same, and therefore it is harder or maybe not possible for certain people to be sensitive to the "vibes" from others. i'm very, very sensitive to others and used to wonder if i was an "empathic vampire" haha.

in all seriousness though, yes, i get vibes every day from almost everyone i interact with, and sometimes even random passersby. i know what most people are feeling or if something's troubling them. i also get vibes before something bad happens; or at least this is how my mind interprets it. i've always been able to tell when something bad is going to happen to me or somebody close. and if i'm close enough to a person, i can oftentimes guess correctly what they're thinking, not just general emotions.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Yeah I totally agree with you but,

Even the most good looking person who is presenting themselves just right can have underlying vibes or intentions which seem bad to me. Sometimes people are there to manipulate you, and I can see that energy coming from them.

Yeah, sometimes these kind of feelings comes from other impressions than clothing and style. Sometimes you can sense that everything is not allright with someone. But maybe they give out some kind of weak signals we (or rather you) label vibes? I am not saying that they might not be "vibes", but I have a hunch they are not. I suspect that they in most cases are kind of Freudian slips, that may give us the hint of bad intentions. Sometimes we just don't pick them up consciously, but rather unconsciously and hence get the intuitive feeling that somethings not right.

I think it's pretty much body language, talk and act which reveals the hidden motifs of abuser to us who pay attention. We just don't interpret these weak signals consciously, but our ages old collective subconscious and racial heritage are aware of them, as it has seen this behaviour before and it is familiar with it. Hence we may experience them as vibes... Just an opinion, they may as well be physical vibes as well. How can we tell?

-v

new topics

top topics

join