It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People of the UK are being screwed...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
my ability to kill a thread is rivaled by no-one..!!

Seriously almost every thread i post on dies..i may have to change my username

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Don't worry, I'll rescue you from that fate with this post lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

but in replying to your post to say thank you i run the risk of doing it again....and the cycle continues...

I know...do it again

thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Mate you are not scum at all, i take my hat off to you- You are somebody who is usuing the benefit system for its true purpose.

Unfortunately the system is flawed resulting in people who CAN and DO live a life of luxury at the expense of every other honest worker in the UK. The problem is the spineless government and appalling level of immigration.

It saddens me that in your case the system has failed you. That you cannot go back to college to improve your skills and thus become more employable, when the government will happily pay out for all the scum to sit around watching daytime TV, or for immigrants who can't even speak english to have £1.2 million houses in Acton because they do not know what contraception is. They shouldn't be here claiming MY money. Why should I work to pay for these degenerates? Pride is the answer, and i sense that is what you have, despite only being 20 pound better off, you work because it gives you meaning and use, rather than just vegetating to Loose women and Jeremy Kyle all day every day.

This is why I always have and always will vote BNP, radical as it may seem, this is the only way the UK will ever be sorted out- if an extreme party get in.

edit on 9-9-2010 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

Thank you for your reply.

The system has failed me and many others like me, and although we i do see people daily who take advantage of the benefit system i see far more in the same position as myself yet we all get labeled as scroungers and are looked down upon by a lot of people. there are a lot of things wrong with this country and i agree the real scroungers do need t be taken care of but i absolutely abhor everyone on benefits being lumped in as a scrounger when most of the people who say this have no idea what it is truly like.

Also i respect your right to vote BNP but i do not suscribe voting for a racist/fascist party no matter what circumstances i find myself in. (I am in no way calling you a racist). I just think the BNP as a whole are using the current political climate to further their own racist agenda by luring angry british citizens to their cause.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnactedEgoTrip

Your OP sounds exactly like the situation in the USA.

but as for people 'caring' & 'giving a dam'....... well thats another matter
i & others in our family have bent over backwards for the homeless/ street people

what did we get for our efforts ---- stabbed-in-the-back--- and all the while the thieves
were saying & pleading 'trust me'...
ADD: even as they were drugging & thieving from one household to another --- until
they exhausted the honest & trying-to-be-nobel 'prey' in any particular large neighborhood.

as far as the elites getting golden treatment at the expense of the larger society...
tough titty said the kitty

i'm not satisified that either Karma or a possible less than ideal After-Life will do...
i really want instant Karma... jail-time for economic terrorism and seizing all their assets
for being preditors on society... send them ALL to a modern 'Devils Island'

if not, then when TEOTWAWKI event happens, then all i /we have to do is look for the secure compounds...
by then i will be sufficiently motivated to use my former perfected SNiper talents
('a la= 'Quigley Down Under' a kinda favorite movie)

edit on 9-9-2010 by St Udio because: ADD text

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

Thank you for your reply.

The system has failed me and many others like me, and although we i do see people daily who take advantage of the benefit system i see far more in the same position as myself yet we all get labeled as scroungers and are looked down upon by a lot of people. there are a lot of things wrong with this country and i agree the real scroungers do need t be taken care of but i absolutely abhor everyone on benefits being lumped in as a scrounger when most of the people who say this have no idea what it is truly like.

Also i respect your right to vote BNP but i do not suscribe voting for a racist/fascist party no matter what circumstances i find myself in. (I am in no way calling you a racist). I just think the BNP as a whole are using the current political climate to further their own racist agenda by luring angry british citizens to their cause.

I completley agree with you, there are many people in the Uk in your situation. And you are the people who the benefit system is set up to aid. But the Government pussy foots around and as such gets exploited.

You are right, I wouldn't really say i was racist (i have friends of all different races), however for too long we have had spineless governments who talk the talk but do not walk the walk. I vote for the BNP because i want to proud to be English- for too long i have felt like a stranger to my home country. English citizens are being treated like dirt when surely we should be put at the top of the priority list?!

I acknowledge that many of the benefit scroungers are English citizens but they can only be dealt with once we stop paying for people who are not even from this country! Where is the logic in that.

Can you see the ConDems doing that? Behave... A more hardline government is needed.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnactedEgoTrip
People of the world are being screwed.

Fixed. It's not just the UK.

Allow me to quote this passage from John Pilger's recent blog:

False reality The British economy has a deficit of billions which must be reduced with cuts in public services and regressive taxation, in a spirit of “we’re all in this together”.

Fact We are not in this together. What is remarkable about this public relations triumph is that only 18 months ago the diametric opposite filled TV screens and front pages. Then, in a state of shock, truth was unavoidable, if briefly. The Wall Street and City of London financiers’ trough was on full view for the first time, along with the venality of once celebrated snouts. Billions in public money went to inept and crooked organisations known as banks, which were spared debt liability by their Labour government sponsors.

Shock and awe, economy stylee!

Originally posted by DataWraith
So OP, what are YOU doing about it? , other than posting here

Good question. Thing is what CAN we do about it? Write a letter to your MP?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

i completely agree with everything you have said but i dont think an extremist party is the way to go.

I am not claiming to have the answer but i know that no matter what i do not want an extremist party running this country. Nor did i want the condems running it either. And i lost my faith in labour also. So i have decided to do as purpledog says and discard the party mentality.

This 'democracy' is a sham anyways. We do not get to make the decisions. We are governed and led and cannot do a thing about it without total revolution in my opinion.

We need POSITIVE change.

Cameron promised change and has duly delivered, albeit not how everyone thought it would.

But i see nothing in Englands future except rapid economic decline and social breakdown. And to be honest i think its probably too late to do anything about it now, although i do hope im wrong. But i dont think i am, and i dont think its just England.

MooseVernel

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The policies that the current UK government are now planning to hit us with are not wholly their own work. Which ever party achieved an election win would have implemented pretty much the same policies albeit under different names or with a different spin.

And once again to those who suggest that people on benefits are living a life of luxury, give up your job and sign on. if not, why not?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join