It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People of the UK are being screwed...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What does everyone expect of Cameron and the set of self-advancing twats that run this country?

And this is just the beginning, there is more to come.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Korg Trinity

People's memories are VERY short, but i think that is caused by the 'Goldfish' culture that most follow...... What's news Today is forgotten tomorrow and replaced by more sensationalism or celebrity B/S.

People MUST move away from 'Party politics' -- IT is like religion... it doesn't work, doesn't make rational sense and controls the sheep by FEAR and bigotted attitudes....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

[edit on 26-8-2010 by PurpleDog UK]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Korg Trinity

People MUST move away from 'Party politics' -- IT is like religion... it doesn't work, doesn't make rational sense and controls the sheep by FEAR and bigotted attitudes....

hahaha funny how the word 'bigoted' will now forever be etched on brain as the sword Gordon Brown fell on lol

O.k. I hear your point but what would the alternative be??

I read a book ages ago about e-democracy, where there was a referendum on every single bill proposed.

Maybe this is the answer?

Korg.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Party Politics is holding this country back.
It's had it's day and is failing us at present.

We currently have a system where MP's put party allegiance and personal interests above the interests of the electorate.

Prospective MP's should stand on their own manifesto and should treat each individual parliamentary vote on it's own merits and vote in accordance with their conviction and the wishes of their constituents.

Contituents can judge their MP on his voting history etc and the power of immediate recall is required.

Politicians have twisted the current system into a process where they dictate policy to the electorate rather than them being a representative of the electorate.

In addition I think referendum's on both local and national issues would be a progressive move.

I don't have all the answers, some of this may indeed be naive and impractical.
But of this I am certain; we need urgent and radical electoral and parliamentary reform.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Korg Trinity

Your e-democracy idea is one which I would like to subscribe to however (there's always a catch) as we know most or a large proportion of the population would view every issue as short termist, self centric and probably not give the depth of thought required to make an informed decision.
In the short term there would be a complete balls up and probably anarchy...

As society would learn that it's choices 'Mattered' then maybe as a society we might become more 'self Aware' of our actions..... It would be a reason to teach kids in school not just academia but also life skills and issues that really affect people.

Nice idea, one I wish would work BUT one which is TOO much for the THICKIE society being spoon fed Heat magazine whilst sitting 4 cm's away from their SKY tv ....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Freeborn
I hear what you say and agree.

Your earlier post about the 'current PM and his fellow Twat's' let's you down though because you are injecting Party Politics into people's minds by making such comments..

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Sorry, but I and the vast majority of people I know think that the current crop of politicians are self-serving, corrupt, lacking personal conviction and self-advancing with little or no interest in the cares and concerns of the everyday British people.

The most accurate term to describe them which is commonly heard but remains within T&C is 'a bunch of twats'.
Quite an accurate description methinks!

In everyday conversation they are normally described much more colourfully and less respectfully.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

labour are no friends of mine but at least they dont pathalogically target the most vunerable in society. The scum tory party are the most viile people in politics. As for having a short memory I WAS AROUND THE LAST TIME WE HAD A TORY GOVT YOU MOOK. THEY ARE AND ALWAYS WERE SCUM.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nietzschean morality isn't inherently bad, it depends if you are thinking in the short or long term.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1

labour are no friends of mine but at least they dont pathalogically target the most vunerable in society. The scum tory party are the most viile people in politics. As for having a short memory I WAS AROUND THE LAST TIME WE HAD A TORY GOVT YOU MOOK. THEY ARE AND ALWAYS WERE SCUM.

Well well well... Not sure what to say. I don't take offence easily and i don't know what a mook is exactly....

You're not talking with an inexperienced person here. I have lived through two labour governments and now two conservative governments, so I feel I have quite a good understanding of what has or has not happened over the last 40 years.

The conservatives are not pathological in their approach to cuts. The Cuts are necessary for the future of our country. I have two children and I don't want them to grow up in a country that has no financial future due to labours ridiculous spending followed by a bury your head in the sand mentality.

As I mentioned earlier. the study basically points to those on income support, incapacity benefit and any other benefit. If you are genuine and need help because you are incapacitated or you have been made redundant the government is there to help.... However... if you want to sit on your backside and do nothing but sponge of the state.... these cuts are going to hit you hard.

I'm not pulling the wool over anyone’s eyes, the cuts will affect us all, just the only ones that seem to be complaining are the Labour supporters or those that want to live free of responsibility.

Furthermore... Can you please point to one cut that has affected you directly??? Can you point to a single cut you feel is unfair or unjust??

An analogy for you, Image the entire country is walking down a road towards home, now there is a massive obstacle in the way... say a very large boulder or a huge gorge or something stopping you from moving forwards....

Do you reward those that sit back and watch everyone else do the work when they are perfectly capable to do so, or do you punish them for not contributing!!??!!

Now to expand on that analogy... What if the previous leadership through lack of experience and short sightedness, were actually the people to put that boulder there or to create that gorge??? Would you not have a very very sour and bad taste in your mouth about that previous leadership??

Can you see my point?

Korg.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i believe we are living in a time where democracy is slowly rearing its ugly mofo head. Remember no system is perfect

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

More often than not people DO turn a blind eye to something mainly because they don't want the agro that goes with it, either physical or verbal abuse, but sometimes they DO get involved , I have in the past and my thinking is to hell with the consequences , but these days we think about the legal side first after all the law these days seems to support the criminal more than the victim, well that what it says in the papers. All it takes is a split second thought of " If I istep in will the police and Law back me up?" and the impulse to intervene is squashed by the need for self preservation.

Plus on other note, its s proven fact that most charitable collections end up being used for 'Admin' costs , whats left of that goes to corrupt officials in the country that needs it and whats left of that pot if any gets passed down to the people that really need it which is never enough for them, which is why charitbale collections are always being asked for, I hate to say this and your probably going to call me names but because of the stories I've heard of generous donations not reaching those in need I do not give, the saying is "Charity begins at Home" and to be honest , thats where it ends in our house.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I agree with the first paragraph but they can be bothered, it’s not apathy that stops them its concern for the law or social convention. People do care.

As for charity, it doesn’t matter what happens after the money has been given, my point was that people give in the first place. What I was replying to was the claim that people don’t care, the fact that they give so much to charity compared to other countries is proof (imho) that they do. In fact the point about how charity money is wasted reinforces this in my view since even knowing this people still give.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by

Korg Trinity

'A Mook' Seems to have been taken from Caribbean English, in which it is (was) used to refer to a gullible person.

I do believe that the poster who gave you that name is Probably more of one (a Mook) themselves !!

As said before, people have short memories, little previous historical experience, brought up to believe certain party political lines or are just so bigoted in their attitudes that they do not have the capacity to see both sides of a discussion.

My bet for your name 'caller' is the latter option.....

I WISH we could ALL PARK the party political line and move on !!

I think Freeborn said that this current lot of politicians in power were are all self serving and IN it for themselves...... What , NOT UNLIKE the last lot !!! please..........

The country currently has spent more than it earns on stuff, previous decade has caused that but we cannot go forward borrowing what we DON'T have!!!!!!!

GET OVER THE F*** UP of our country by the previous Government, YES the previous Government and look for ways to get the country back on an even keel....

Best Regards

PurpleDOG UK

ps..... wait for the PFI timebomb, that'll be fun in years to come.....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1

labour are no friends of mine but at least they dont pathalogically target the most vunerable in society.

No, that's exactly what they did. A bunch of sociopaths: forcing people to drive then taxing them more for driving .....

btw as one of the poorest of the poor (I'm self employed) I'm confused? I don't seem to be any worse off. Maybe it's really only the whinging rich earnnng more than £10,000 a year? Can't afford 2 holidays* a year, 3 mobile phones and a new plasma screen TV every year?

* I haven't had a holiday in years .....

Bli**dy whinging non-working rich with your scrounging social benefits

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
To all who think that "scroungers" on benefits live a life of luxury, pack in your job. Sign on. See how you get on.

If you don't want to do that, why not?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Perhaps it is not my place to make comment; however, since the US is still under the Crown (my own opinion), and the fact that part of my own tree resides in Somerset as well as Edinburgh, I am sure I will be forgiven.

I am certain that the OP realizes that this Thread describes all Modern Nations throughout the World. To me it reads just as America really is, even the follow-up posts could pertain to us here in the US.

It is commendable to remain true to oneself and to find alarm within one's own realm, but I cannot help but think that this outcry couldn't be shared globally.

With that said, I am glad to read more and more how the Royals are the People's Property, and even the Royals themselves understand this as they too have their hands out to your hard work and diligence.

I ran across a well stated article in the Mirror which I feel sheds light enough to perhaps see an avenue of appeals. It does not state what I am thinking directly, so I thought I might inject a bit of my own thoughts.

Waive the Royal pay rise, Ma'am

In the article it offers a small thought on selling off a few 1000 acres as a means to offset the Royal's costliness.

Since we all know she owns Land in Colorado and the high mountains in Argentina (you know those "end-times" world flooding, save your skin properties), it is those properties that the People should claim as "needed assets"; not for the sake of paying the expenses of the Royals but for paying for the extras needed in such dire times. To me this seems unarguable since the properties are not supporting the Royals and they are outside of the Realm in such a way that without them no Security is lost. That is the security of the People mind you! LOL

No one loses and everyone wins! I am sure there are plenty of buyers out there willing to grab up those most coveted spaces! Obviously the Queen would not have them if they were not superb enough for sale.

All it takes is to say it out loud to one another. Make calls and pronounce the sale publicly as an outcry for public betterment. If the voice is reasonable and the message is sound I cannot imagine a more wise people than those of the Monarchy to hear and agree.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just a quick reply to Korgy comment about "working your way up in employment"
You do realise, on a minium wage job, after tax, you get about £700 and on that you are expected to live for an entire month?
Makes you wonder whats the point of working 40hrs a week when you cant even afford to move out into a house...?
And with the CONS limiting uni places, i guess people are going to have to put up with low paid jobs eh? But its okay, coz all the poor are scum and dont deserve anything. God damn poor people complaining, you'd think they'd be happy with the scraps we give em.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Booting them off welfare may hurt them, but so bloody what?? It's about time they felt some discomfort is what I say!!!
I'll explain this in the simplest way I can, because I realise that the complexities of philosophy, political science, social studies & criminology are anathema to the kind of person who believes in the phrase "survival of the fittest" but fundamentally misunderstands what it means (& I'm not necessarily talking about you, KT, cos I dont know you).
You say you work full-time, your partner works weekends & you have £1500 debt, right? Therefore you cannot afford the tax increases &/or personal expenditure for the level of policing &/or private security that would prevent the people you are broad-brush disparaging from robbing you. When was the last major crimewave where theft was the main problem? Oh yeah, it was after monetarist policy had destroyed UK employment, benefits had been held to the bare minimum that would prevent riots on the streets (not entirely successfully) & govt spending on both social & physical infrastructure had not only dropped dramatically, but what already existed (thus belonging to each of us) was sold off cheap to private interests &, lo & behold, prices went up & quality went down.
When was this, hmmm? Ah, I remember, the late 80s - early 90s. Perhaps you are too young to remember that the UK was the car-crime capital of Europe & that the police were powerless to do anything about it because they were already overstretched trying to prevent the massive rise in burglary & mugging?
Think of your tax that pays toward benefits as insurance - its basically the same kind of protection racket. Better yet, dont take my word for it: go & spend a few months in any of the world's large poor cities, Jo'burg say, or Bogota. If you really want to put your money where your mouth is, try Detroit!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Im a father of a son, i have a partner and we live in a council house.

We both work part time for minimum wage and are currently looking for full time.

We live in a relatively poor are and have applied for literelly thousands of jobs to no avail.

We also claim working tax credits because if we did not we would not even be able to afford the rent on our house and the council tax. Which is supposed to pay for things like police (who are never in our area), facilities that people rely on (that are being closed) and we dont even have a park or anywhere near to take our 2 year old son to get him out of the house.

Before i was working i claimed job seekers allowance and i can tell you now a life of luxury it was not, and still isnt. Believe it or not but not everybody who claims benefits is coasting through life with loads of money for doing nothing.When i was on JSA every day was a struggle to survive, we could barely afford food.

And now me and my partner work part time and guess what...we are only 20 pound better off a month..work that one out..we still struggle, can carely afford food, forget about doing anything that costs money and having any sort of social life.

But yeah you are right we are scum, scrounging off the people fortunate enough not to have to scrape along for a living. I apologise on behalf of everybody like me for causing you so much pain and hardship.

I suppose i could go out and try to better myself by going to college.....but oh wait i have just been told i cannot take my Maths GCSE because i did not attain a grade D at school so therefore i would have to go full time on a different course giving up my job whilst not being able to recieve any form of help because i would not be available for full time work.

I guess ill just get along and be happy for everything provided for me huh because im just a lazy bum who doesnt want to improve myself and am sucking off the state and the taxpayer.

Rant Over

MooseVernel

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join