It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what caused this to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
These pics were taken by my sister's game camera, strapped to a pecan tree in her front pasture. I do not know exactly what type of camera, only that it is digital. There are lots and lots of deer, coons, birds etc. in other pics, but only a few like this. What do ya'll think?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9cf1a085b2b.jpg[/atsimg]

The camera is facing East, the direction of the sun. However, this was in May, and as you can see, the sun is nowhere near that high in the sky. I couldn't find any pics of solar flare or anything that resembles this. Got any ideas?

[edit on 8/25/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm no expert but it looks like something was on the lens to me.

I hope that helps!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why on earth is that pic so gianormous? How can I resize it? I have a coupla more to post. The main focus of the pic is that black ball with all the colors spilling from it. I may have to go study how to crop pics or something!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm presuming that's where the Sun is. Many modern digital cameras are programed to blacken any over exposed pixels so that bleed over lines don't occur which would disrupt the whole picture.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If you resize to 600 pixels wide or less the image will fit within these pages.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Being someone that launches weather balloons for a living, I can say that it certainly does resemble ones. We dont use black ones though, but some places do.

The only issue with that is the balloon would have to have been launched close or would be descending in that area. Interesting stuff

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
As danoyfb said, it seems to be a common occurrence for digital cameras to blacken over pixels that are too far overexposed.

There's even a flickr pool devoted to "black dot sun pictures":
Black Dot Sun Pictures

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks Americandingbat. I was having trouble finding examples.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Okay, I cannot figure out how to resize these, and it's really late! So, here is another pic from earlier that same morning:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e04f7296dcb.jpg[/atsimg]

If ya'll can stand it, I'll post a pic of her house from that same cam at a different day and time, just for comparison's sake.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Well, that answers that! Thanks, I never thought to google "black dot sun pictures"! I only thought of things like "lens flare from sun", etc!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Glad it was helpful. But credit should really go to dainoyfb for identifying what was going on in his first post in this thread. I just got lucky with Google once I knew what I was looking for examples of.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I didn't see anymore with the whole color spectrum around it, though. Guess that makes 'em special!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
that looks to me like a warp gate that just opened. it just sucked in all matter in that area to allow a vessel to come through. invisible to the naked eye of course.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
How do I make an enlargement of just the black dot in those pics? That's where all the cool stuff is!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If you have PhotoShop or something similar you can crop the area you want to zoom to and then re-size the canvas to 600 pixels wide (lock aspect so the vertical size matches). Save as a new image name and your done.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thanks! I'm gonna try that, IN THE MORNING! It's insane that I am still awake and on ATS, I have to be up at 6a.m.

join