It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat thrown in bin by complete stranger

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by EFGuy

Frankly, it is not ATS's concern if it is posted on other sites. It simply should not be posted here. We respect people's privacy.

I do not want to argue over this trivial matter but the information is part of news. The news itself has reported it.

Would you like someone to post your name and personal contact details on the internet in a public forum without your permission? I doubt it.

If it's already available online I cannot hide it, now can I?

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

* The material was not false
* No personal information was solicited from any member of this website
* There was no call to harm

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Again there was no call to any kind of action. From where I see it it was information sharing through news outlet.

I hope somebody doesn't post address of white house or statue of liberty here as it would also come under personal information going by that reason!
I have addressed your post and have nothing further to say on this anymore.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Do explain to us how revealing the womans name and full address is pertinent to her actions?

Tell you what - I'll answer it for you - It isn't at all. Its irrelevant and a gross invasion of privacy.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Our emotions can run away with us and cloud our
judgements.I love cats and have three of them.
A word of advice...don't try and contradict a mod.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
My sibling and dad and I have shot about 1000 feral cats that their loving owners dump in the rural landscape to fend for themselves.

The cats eat quail and pheasant, birds.

We sold the fur to a guy who sold it to a garment company to use it to line women gloves.

Oh if you only knew the awful things that go on in the world.

Abortionists harvest body parts of their victims.

So this little kitty episode in UK is insignificant to the real problems of the world.

True, there are other kind of human actions 1000 times worst then this one, but we are not debating them, are we?
We are debating and reacting just to this case, not other ones.
That kind of argumentation is a kind of a "clichet", it's pointless because it leads us to nowhere. If we follow it we will not be able to debate nothing, because something worst and more important will exist always, no matter the subject on debate!

Insignificant? I am 100% sure it is not insignificant, instead it is very important because show us very well what kind of horrid acts humans, with a very normal "look", are capable off, when they think that nobody will know about it!!

You see this as a "simple" case where a cat was trashed in the bin...i see this as a case where a aparently normal and simple woman walking in the road,have suffered a kind of abhorrent transformation and suddenly became a kind of a monster because a animal was showing love and care for her. And that is the point here. Dont look to me insignificant at all if you ask me!

But allow me to ask you, if you think this is insignificant when compared with other problems, how do you think we must react to the OP....must we just ignore it? Must we act like lifeless rocks and don't give it any atenction at all?
Just wondering

About people caring more for animals then aparently for humans...well, i care for a animal as i care for a human, they bouth represent very well how beauty is the "miracle" of life.
A cat must not be less important then a human, as the human must not be less important then a cat! They are equaly important. A life is a life no matter what! And if we, as a species really want to reach new and better levels of evolution in the future, as sooner as we start to belive and follow this kind of philosofy, the better!

Terrible sorry for my bad English.

[edit on 25/8/10 by Umbra Sideralis] Correcting typos.

[edit on 25/8/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer
She also is saying "What's all the fuss, it's just a cat!" and she Thought it was funny!!

^^

The way Mary is 'baffled' by all the fuss, shows she just does not accept or understand the seriousness of her crime.

Actually, it shows that she is a liar. We all saw her pretending to be nice to the cat as she furtively looked around. She knew from the moment she formulated the idea to harm the cat that society would not approve. At all.

After she dumps the cat she then walks very quickly from the scene and just before we lose the video, we can see her again checking to make sure she wasnt seen.

Which makes her a liar. Clearly, she did not think it was "no big deal." She knew it was something others would find appalling, and she did it anyway. She isnt really baffled, she is trying to bluster her way out of the punishment she knows is coming in terms of public scorn and shunning by pretending it was just a joke.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Nomore arguing !!

even the

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Furthermore, it is against the T&C

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Hey Neformore,

There is a Typo in the T's & C's, should read from not form...

And I agree posting this evil woman's place of work address and phone number is irresponsible and ill thought through.

Come on guys we are here to deny ignorance not deny intelligence!!

Korg.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We're taught our whole lives that there's no such thing as monsters, but they do exist, and there's the proof.

I don't have any pets, and tonight I'm going over to my mom's to help her trim her dog's tonails - which always seems to traumatize the poor little animal.

SO... The reason for this post is to ask those of you who have pets to give them an extra bit of love for me and anyone else on ATS who doesn't have pets of their own today.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I dont understand why such a big deal has been made out of this. I mean yes it is cruel what she did but the fact that the womans received death threats and needs a police guard is beyond ridiculous.
There's people who do much worse stuff to animals and they dont get half the attention this woman has.

Although I do agree that she should be put in a wheelie bin for 16 hours as punishment.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

People's relationships with their pets are the last thing they expect anyone to deliberately, blatantly mess with. It's a form of symbiosis that makes people (and pets) feel good. They enter into a co-dependent relationship with a creature that has a shorter life span, knowing it will be tough when the animal departs; yet rejoicing in the aspect of making that creature's time in this world as comfortable and full of love as possible.

When you consider it from that perspective - this person's act is one of the most ugly things I can perceive. Sure, there are worse things a person can do - to people and animals. But I'm sorry, this is just so needlessly repugnant and cruel that what I myself am reacting to is perhaps something else.

This lady looks human. She looks like a polite bank teller from the quaint British town of Coventry who you'd be obliged to exchange pleasantries with. BUT SHE'S A FREAKING MONSTER!

I can't pretend to be surprised that people have the capacity for unimaginable cruelty - but I can react with honest repulsion when I see it on video - and know the world is watching it with me.

How many people watching it got a "positive" feeling from it? Thought it was funny... Sent it to their equally cruel and psychopathic associates?

Do I want this lady put to death? No. Am I "sorry" she's receiving death threats and is now "afraid for her life" because of what she did? Not one bit. You reap what you sew.

And that can happen alarmingly fast, in the "age of information".

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This thread is a sign post for ignorant members...
Imagine coming to a view that Animal cruelty should be punished by Animal cruelty..

What she did to the Cat was wrong but to suggest that she deserves physical harm is far more inhumane than putting a Cat in a Bin.

We pettily Ban members for things that seems to be so insignificant sometimes, yet some can go far beyond ignorant and perpetuate their abhorrence freely.
I would Ban those who published the private information because this is by far a more serious offence in my book..

These people are hooked firmly to the moron matrix and they fill this board with trivial bull# like this....

Quotes from a video below that represents the view here on ATS:

"Ok I don't really agree with the death threats but she kinda deserves it"

Then she goes onto say:

"I just think its disgusting what people can do to animals"

Those of you who do not see the hypocrisy are truly messed up..

I'm sure some of you will love this..

What the hell is happening on ATS????????????????????

[edit on 083131p://f39Saturday by Seventytwo]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

My point is though that you hear stories about people throwing cats in washing machines and setting dogs on fire, yet those people seem to fade into the background without turning into public hate figures.
And I wouldnt say the woman was a monster, sounds more like she's got a screw loose.

Oh and I wouldnt describe Coventry as being 'quaint', especially considering that the camera was only there in first place because the houseowners car was being repeatedly vandalised.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I think the main difference here is that this one is caught on video - and the perp isn't some drunken hooligan, it's a person who would probably be the last one you'd pick if asked to identify the one who throws cats into trash bins.

And fair enough about Coventry - I'll admit I was using cliches to describe the woman - the setting is pretty much immaterial.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i believe that anyone who could hurt a defenseless creature has mental problems. i could hurt another person much easier than i could ever hurt a defenseless animal. the thing that would make it easier is the fact that most people deserve to die.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join