It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat thrown in bin by complete stranger

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

However a psychopath has been discovered and should be condemned for her actions, just because that wasn't the worst thing done by a human on that day does not mean she should not be held up for public shaming.

A public shaming is not wise if the lady does have mental issues, it could crack her for good, which may or may not be relative for the crime she has comitted. I do agree she needs to be punished, but relatively. I'm not saying she is mental, just that we need to consider every angle in order to deny ignorance.

Two wrongs don't make a right... infact they often make a whole pile of wrongness which eventually leads to disintegration of a working society, kind of the mess our modern world is in now.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

What a load of bollox. The biggest load of bollox i have heard in a while.

Putting a Cat in a wheelie bin does not make you a psychopath.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Mary Bale is without a doubt a Psychopath.... This condition must have led her to do some truely awful things in her life.
I wonder what else she has done??

This speculation is not what I expected from a person who is clearly in touch with their emotions (I clicked you link to the music site as I am an avid hardware synth fan myself - I love analogue hardware).

It kind of assumes stuff, which is surely the road to subjectivity? What if this was the only time she had done something like this? What if she is in the midst of a psychotic episode? All plausible. Your question is reasonable but I dare say, due to the seeds of thought it could plant in the minds of people, unjust

I wonder if she chose to be a psycho?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Psychopathy the term used for a personality disorder characterized by an abnormal lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct but masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal.

The prototypical psychopath has deficits or deviances in several areas: interpersonal relationships, emotion, and self-control. Psychopaths gain satisfaction through antisocial behavior, and do not experience shame, guilt, or remorse for their actions. Psychopaths lack a sense of guilt or remorse for any harm they may have caused others, instead rationalizing the behavior, blaming someone else, or denying it outright.Psychopaths also lack empathy towards others in general, resulting in tactlessness, insensitivity, and contemptuousness

Mary Bale is without a doubt a Psychopath.... This condition must have led her to do some truely awful things in her life.

I wonder what else she has done??

Korg.

As I said earlier I was genuinely concerned that she might have children or be employed looking after children in some capacity.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Psychopaths don't have a mental illness they have a personality disorder these are permanent and constant, we should worry, they are all around us and have the empathy of a vampire, some may even seek political office, like Bush jr did.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

What a load of bollox. The biggest load of bollox i have heard in a while.

Putting a Cat in a wheelie bin does not make you a psychopath.

That depends on the circumstance.

Re-read what the definition of a psycho is then relate it to this event.

Can you give me one other plausible explanation for her actions??

Korg.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Forgive me for being pedantic but a personality disorder is a mental illness.

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal relationships, self-image, and behavior.

www.nimh.nih.gov...

sychopathy ( /saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) was until 1980 the term used for a personality disorder characterized by an abnormal lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct but masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal. However the publication of DSM-III changed the name of this mental disorder to Antisocial Personality Disorder and also broadened the diagnostic criteria considerably by shifting from clinical inferences to behavioral diagnostic criteria.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry, I'm not usually this pathetic.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This response is for all th evolutionist/athiest:

A more evolved piece of pond scum decided (by natural existing chemical reactions in the brain, so its not their fault) to place another less evolved piece of pond scum in the trash. Since there is no such thing as absolute right, who cares? Do you get mad when vinegar reacts with baking soda too?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Fortunately neither vinegar nor baking powder can experience negative feelings of hurt, pain and discomfort - so no I don't mind the fizzing, foaming froth.

Unfortunately a cat, to the best of my knowledge, can experience negative feelings, hence the reason popping one in a bin is seen as a bad thing by many here.

I get the impression that if you advocate 'no absolute right' then you won't mind if I kill someone who is clkose to you?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Forgive me for being pedantic
Sorry, I'm not usually this pathetic.

No worries, I forgive you your pedantry, pathetic in who's eyes?? That's the question, hmm, hmm.

Lots of psychopaths in prisons would love to be in hospitals.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752
I emplore that ATS members consider the facts and try to gain a sense of perspective on the matter before offering foul, irrational hate comments toward this person.

Do you know why humans have done as well as we have done as a species? Its because we form groups. And in these groups, we weed out those who are dangerous, evil, cruel, uncooperative, etc. (Or conversely, we make them our leaders, but thats another rant) We have evolved an instinct that makes us want to eliminate from within our ranks those who are dangerous to us.

Now you might be thinking, "but its just a cat, who cares?" But listen to the comments. It isnt "just a cat" she is intentionally harming something little, helpless and friendly. Many people keep pets as a substitute for children. On an emotional level, we are watching someone throw someone elses baby in a bin, and leaving it there to either get dumped in a truck and crushed or whatever.

Thats something to add to your list of "facts." Humans have evolved to remove the dangerous from our ranks. Often by use of violence. And we should. Its how we have evolved to become more and more cooperative as time has progressed.

It is perfectly reasonable for people to want horrible things to happen to this woman, knowing as we do that she is a danger to small helpless things when no one is watching her. I can only hope this creature is not a pediatric care nurse, or is otherwise left alone with other small helpless creatures.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
She also is saying "What's all the fuss, it's just a cat!" and she Thought it was funny!!

^^

The way Mary is 'baffled' by all the fuss, shows she just does not accept or understand the seriousness of her crime. If it had been bin collection day the cat would have been squashed to death, and as it was, the poor animal was entrapped in platic on a boiling hot day without food and water and having to stand in it's own mess.
I'm scared that a certain type of person would find this funny, and copy what has been done with no regard that the animal has a high chance of dying.
It really is a sick world!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wonder if this woman has any children, and if she does, god help them. Do you think she locks them in cupboards, or bins maybe?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm so glad the owners were able to find her. I know the panic of not being able to find your cat, or in this case, kitten! Makes you wonder. If her father is in hospital due to an illness they should run some extra tests--malicious cruelty to animals is indicative of other less desirable traits.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Heads up People

What this woman did may not be to your liking, but the posting of peoples personal information on ATS is most certainly NOT allowed, and any posts that do so will be removed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie "They Live"... i bet if you looked at her with special sunglasses you'd see she was really a mutant or alien.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My sibling and dad and I have shot about 1000 feral cats that their loving owners dump in the rural landscape to fend for themselves.

The cats eat quail and pheasant, birds.

We sold the fur to a guy who sold it to a garment company to use it to line women gloves.

Oh if you only knew the awful things that go on in the world.

Abortionists harvest body parts of their victims.

So this little kitty episode in UK is insignificant to the real problems of the world.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I love cats and this makes me mad!
Poor cat!! I hope it's okay. Noone messes with cats

[edit on 25-8-2010 by EFGuy]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

if it is public information how can it be personal information?

A vitriolic campaign launched against Mary Bale on the social networking site Facebook was removed this morning. Posters had called for her death, described her as "evil" and a "psycho" and demanded her sacking from her job as a customer services assistant with the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Woman who dumped Lola the cat in wheelie bin defends her actions

It was also revealed last night that Miss Bale, who lives in Coventry and works as a cashier at RBS in nearby Rugby, was once a member of the Birmingham Bach Choir.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

MARY Bale is the woman filmed dumping a cat into wheelie bin, with all the litter. Bales lives in Coventry and works as a cashier at RBS in Rugby. You might have to queue to meet her.

www.anorak.co.uk...

Ms Bale told The Sun she fears she may lose her job as a customer services assistant at the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Skynews

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Frankly, it is not ATS's concern if it is posted on other sites.

It simply should not be posted here. We respect people's privacy.

Would you like someone to post your name and personal contact details on the internet in a public forum without your permission? I doubt it.

It is crassly irresponsible to do such thing.

Furthermore, it is against the T&C

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

I hope thats clear now, particularly in the context the information was presented and may subsequently be used.

[edit on 25/8/10 by neformore]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join