It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat thrown in bin by complete stranger

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

I think it's quite irresponsible to post her address and phone number on here. I don't care if it has already been posted on other sites.

Well done for adding to the hysteria.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
If this was a genuine and opportunistic act, then I hope the full force of the law descends on her and that she's also publically vilified. Nasty woman

On a side note ... I'm wondering just why a pc camera was positioned in such a way that it had a very boring and uninteresting view of the rubbish bin and street ?

Well given that our councils only pick up rubbish once every two weeks, it was probably set up to catch the neighbors putting thier rubbish in the bin.

I feel when the RSPCA investigate they will find alot of nasty things.

This woman has no empathy at all, how could anyone do such a thing and not feel the cats pain and suffering??

There are some genuinly evil people in this world, and this pathetic excuse for a human proves it.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

5/6 hundred see it on ATS 500 million see it on facebook, the point is moot.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Why was the cat in the street in the first place?
I'm not defending the woman because what she did was awful and should not go unpunished, but it looks like there is another problem with an irresponsble pet owner who lets their animal walk the streets.
Two wrongs in the one video.
In short, shocking.

What the hell are you on???

Are you suggesting that cats should only be let outside when the owner is present??

I'm guessing you have never owned a pet or are from a different planet.

Cats by thier very nature are outward bound animals!!

Korg.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

The media told them to be angry...and now they are angry. Pretty much sums up British people today, utterly controlled and manipulated by the media.

I take it you have no empathy for the cat in question? Can't put yourself in the cats position for a second?

Perhaps in your country it's o.k. to go around harming animals, so therefore you can't understand why people are angry about this..

There have been plenty of studies that suggest people that are capable of harming animals are capable of harming humans!!

Korg.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
there are over 5 million abortions in one year.

the emotional reasoning producing the level of anger documented below for a cat but not even a whimper for a human life is more evil than what this woman did to a cat.

Noobastronomer
She should be put in a wheelie bin for 16 hours herself as punishment,
bluedrake
It would only be fair to throw her in the back of a garbage truck and make her stay there for at least one day.
Oh and the truck should be full and dark inside.... See how she likes it
Nomad451
What a fat old mutant.
How does slime like her get around living in this world? I'm just glad the cat was found alive the poor thing. Judging how friendly it is it must have been loved and cared for quite a lot.
Shocking. Don't fret though, she is about as healthy looking as a dead bloated whale, she'll die soon enough and the world will be better for it
CX
The lady in question is now in police protection for her own safety after many death threats. No suprise there.
madle
Read about it yesterday. I laughed when I heard that she actualy needed protection. Serves her right the bluddy cow!
Thill
They won't protect her forever , and after they stop , I hope somebody makes her climb into a dumper and sit there for 15 hours just like that poor cat.
God damn evil people , should be shot right after birth and Earth would be a much more pleasant place.
Three_moons
How about some alone time for the cat and woman? The woman's arms and legs could be restrained and just let the cat have some retaliation...for 15 hours.
RandomPunk
things like this should be punished with jail , this women have serious mental problems , or of not jail at least they could put her in bin until someone finds her
MrWendal
Sorry but people like this I deem unworthy of sharing my air. Anyone who would assault or terrorize a defenseless animal should die. Yeah I know that my opinion is a bit extreme, and I am not the least bit ashamed of it. If they would do this to an animal who has done nothing wrong, what do you think they would do to you if given the chance?
Archirvion
i saw this and got an instant rage--the person deserves to be punished for a millenium
mackblack27
"So her father is ill in hospital!
As the biggest cat lover in the uk at least I would ask you all to join me a prayer.
A prayer that her father doesnt make it.
Evil bitch"

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Before I start ,,,,,, the Woman is wrong !! and who ever posted her details online should be ashamed of themselves.... The authorities will serve justice not some stupid cat loving vigilante.

As I said earlier, keeping Animals is a BIG RESPONSIBILITY I think most fail to understand.

The effect of keeping a cat for example can be measured by the joy and companionship it brings BUT AT A COST to the Indigenous wildlife.....

Some experts believe Britain's 9m cats could be killing more than 150m birds, mice, rabbits, moles and other creatures every year. For species such as the house sparrow - whose numbers are dwindling sharply - cat predation could be a serious threat.

www.guardian.co.uk...

This point below illustrates how naive and lacking in responsibility to keeping animals domestically...
• Pets are are being abandoned or killed by owners unable to afford to keep them, animal rescue centres report. "From being a nation of animal lovers, it seems people are increasingly counting the pennies and realising how many of them are spent caring for their pets," said Scott Craddock, of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.

The Blue Cross has reported a 30% rise in the number of animals being brought in and the RSPCA said its centres were "full to bursting".

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Noone has posted her personal address of phone number. The bank was named by one of the news media. The thread is discussion about the woman, her behavior and the cat. All the relevant information is related to it with sources.

Back on topic the cat could of ended up in a rubbish lorry and could of died a horrific death, also if anyone reading this has ever lost a pet, you will know the anguish of looking for it not knowing what has happened this cruel womans act could of caused a lot of grief. On top of that she is saying it's only a cat and she thought it was funny. What a sadistic pscho! I hope cops lock the psycho up.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Although it's a sad story I believe the fellow who said we have been controlled by the media into feeling angry about this is 100% correct. How does it compare to:

This

This

Or even this?

Because it's plastered all over the net or on the TV a huge moral panic ensues. Seriously, just take a look at what's happening in the Congo or to farmers in Zimbabwe, it makes this thing look pathetic... I mean, the cat is fine, it wasn't even raped or had it's children slaughtered in front of it.

Yep, it's a sad story but once again the media has shown how they can control the minds/attention of the world and make us lose our focus.

On top of this, ever thought that the woman may be mentally ill? She may not be aware of her actions or unable to stop them... how about learning all the facts before wanting to put her in a bin or whatever.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Sheol

I was taught to 'never justify myself' because If I did then it meant that I had been too quick and rash to make a point and say something without giving good proper THOUGHT to what I was saying....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

and14263

Spot on !!!

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I watched this video and then had to
go and hug one of my cats!My cats
are my babies and nobody messes
with them!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So why dont you start a topic about those issues if you are not worried about them instead trying to deflect this topic?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It would seem that she has now repented.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Comments?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol

So why don;t you start a topic about those issues if you are not worried about them instead trying to deflect this topic?

I don't see how posting a reply directly about this topic whilst using other current issues as a way of explaining my opinion is 'deflecting' the topic.

I'm really sorry if I annoyed you somehow, that wasn't the aim of my post. I think you can see, if you are truly honest with yourself (sometimes this is hard) that my reply was indeed on topic and in no way was meant to deflect... only re-focus.

On the contrary I'd much prefer this topic to continue so I can explore the group think phenomenon deeper.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

They (BBC) didnt cover the whole thing, the woman also said it was a "joke" and she "thought it was funny" along with "what's all the fuss it's only a cat".

So no really she did not apologise but only tried to make the matter light as if nothing has happened.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
It would seem that she has now repented.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Comments?

Hardly...

A woman filmed dumping a cat in a wheelie bin has said she is "profoundly sorry" for "a split second of misjudgement".

Errr... Misjudgement?? No.... Misjudgement is incorrect estimation...

This wasn't a misjudgement it was cruelty plain and simple.

And she does deserve the death threats, not that I feel she deserves to die for her actions or that they will be carried out, but just so she is left feeling uneasy for a very very very long time.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I dont think she deserve death threats but her statements

"I don't know what the fuss is about, it's just a cat."
"I was walking home and saw this cat wander out in front of me."
"I was playing with it, stroking it and listening to it purr as it stood on a garden wall. It was very friendly."
"I don't know what came over me but I put it in the wheelie bin which was right beside me. I did it as a joke. I never thought it would be trapped. I expected it to wriggle out of the bin.

shows that she is not sorry at all. She thought no one was looking (didn't notice the owners' CCTV cameras) and that's why she did it. In her own words she "thought it would be funny".

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

However a psychopath has been discovered and should be condemned for her actions, just because that wasn't the worst thing done by a human on that day does not mean she should not be held up for public shaming.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

However a psychopath has been discovered and should be condemned for her actions, just because that wasn't the worst thing done by a human on that day does not mean she should not be held up for public shaming.

Star my friend. Absolutley!!

This is what wiki says on psychopaths..

Psychopathy the term used for a personality disorder characterized by an abnormal lack of empathy combined with strongly amoral conduct but masked by an ability to appear outwardly normal.

The prototypical psychopath has deficits or deviances in several areas: interpersonal relationships, emotion, and self-control. Psychopaths gain satisfaction through antisocial behavior, and do not experience shame, guilt, or remorse for their actions. Psychopaths lack a sense of guilt or remorse for any harm they may have caused others, instead rationalizing the behavior, blaming someone else, or denying it outright.Psychopaths also lack empathy towards others in general, resulting in tactlessness, insensitivity, and contemptuousness

Mary Bale is without a doubt a Psychopath.... This condition must have led her to do some truely awful things in her life.

I wonder what else she has done??

Korg.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join