It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat thrown in bin by complete stranger

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Why was the cat in the street in the first place?
I'm not defending the woman because what she did was awful and should not go unpunished, but it looks like there is another problem with an irresponsble pet owner who lets their animal walk the streets.
Two wrongs in the one video.
In short, shocking.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Why was the cat in the street in the first place?
I'm not defending the woman because what she did was awful and should not go unpunished, but it looks like there is another problem with an irresponsble pet owner who lets their animal walk the streets.
Two wrongs in the one video.
In short, shocking.

From what I understand , that was the cats house , it was just sitting on the wall of the entrance to the house . I don't know if You have cats , or know their behavior , but that is typical for a cat . They love to sit on walls , or windows and look around at the world . So I guess he had all the right to sit on his owners property outside

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Thill]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Sorry but people like this I deem unworthy of sharing my air. Anyone who would assault or terrorize a defenseless animal should die. Yeah I know that my opinion is a bit extreme, and I am not the least bit ashamed of it. If they would do this to an animal who has done nothing wrong, what do you think they would do to you if given the chance?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Looked to me the cat was walking on the footpath and then jumped onto the neighbours fence before being put in the bin in the owners property.
Looks as no attempt what so ever has been made to keep their cat in their own yard. I have had cats and if my cat was on my fence I would design something as to not allow it to get up onto it or make it higher or keep it inside when there is nobody home.
As I mentioned before it is no excuse for that crazy ladies behaviour.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I couldn't believe this when I saw it on the news. What baffled me as well was the chances of this whole situation happening.

For example this was probably the only terraced house within a 30 mile radius that had it's own CCTV cameras installed out the front, (2 no less) and this women chooses to do her animal cruelty right there.

She clearly checks around to make sure no one is looking before she dumps the wee fellah, but she didn't spot the two conspicuous cameras on this guys porch...

So weird. All I can say is the cat is probably fine they are very resilient and springy animals. My two boys are always trying to get into the bin so this guy probably had a field day in their for 16 hours. That doesn't change the fact that what this woman did was horrible, and just downright creepy. Seriously can't rap my head round it...

Since this is in the hands of the RSPCA now I hope she is fined and banned from pet ownership indefinitely.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

well, i would hate to be your cat, thats for sure!!!

please dont take this the wrong way, but cats are intelligent creatures, and deserve the ability to roam free, hence why they invented cat flaps, so the cat can come and go as it pleases.

keeping a cat locked up indoors / penned in for its life is IMHO cruel. i had two cats one lived to 28 human years and the other 24 human years, they were both allowed outside whenever and roamed wherever they wanted.

peace

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I emplore that ATS members consider the facts and try to gain a sense of perspective on the matter before offering foul, irrational hate comments toward this person.

Should Mary Bale be prosecuted by local magistrates for cruelty to this animal? Yes, she should.

Should Mary Bale be banned from owning or caring for any animal or pet on a permanent basis? Yes, she should.

On the basis of this footage, it is clear that there was malicious INTENT to harm the cat. But what is NOT evident here is any actual harm to the cat.

The cat will have experienced some degree of trauma by being 'trapped' inside a wheelie bin. The video does NOT show any evidence of actual harm or torture to the cat it only shows mistreatement of it.

It therefore does NOT warrant the inprisonment of Mary Bale in any way whatsoever and only serves to suggest that Mary's actions should be punsihed according to her commital. Her commital was an intent to harm a domestic animal. I am currently unaware of a law in this country stating that an intent to harm a domestic animal is punishable by imprisonment.

Those are the facts. Deal with them.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by BAZ752]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by BAZ752]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

So it is unreasonable to keep track of and control of your pets? It is after all for their safety first.
Maybe if a cat is such a free spirit then they shouldn't be kept as pets in the first place. I don't believe that but I do believe owners need to take responsibilty for their animals, allowing it on the street is not being responsible.

I really don't think it's unreasonable to ask that much of an owner.

I mean cruelty to animals is a no brainer but irresponsible pet owners do my head in just as much.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It has been reported today that she is under some serious pressure as her father is seriously ill in hospital, and she thought it would be 'funny'.

Its still no excuse, I keep asking myself the question.....why?

I mean i know some people have a sudden urge to do the most random of things (I have once witnessed a man licking an electric shaver???) but why the bin!

I know what she did was mean.....but come on now people, death?? Dont get me wrong, I find cruelty to animals abhorrent, but i wouldnt want the woman scalped!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Westy6711
It has been reported today that she is under some serious pressure as her father is seriously ill in hospital, and she thought it would be 'funny'.

Its still no excuse, I keep asking myself the question.....why?

I mean i know some people have a sudden urge to do the most random of things (I have once witnessed a man licking an electric shaver???) but why the bin!

I know what she did was mean.....but come on now people, death?? Dont get me wrong, I find cruelty to animals abhorrent, but i wouldnt want the woman scalped!

A sound, sensible response at last. There's hope afterall.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
i saw this and got an instant rage--the person deserves to be punished for a millenium

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

This is really funny.... don't you have cats in your country?

Cats in the UK do roam the streets.... if you own a cat you hardly see it, they are always out and about. Mad that some places don't have cats!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Don't be so smug.
Here is a proposal for new laws regarding cats in my country.
dlg.wa.gov.au...

Seems perfectly fair to me. More local governments should follow suit.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
First Off, the Woman was 'out of order' for what she did....
This will be something she will have to live with for a VERY long time and I do hope she is penalized for her actions (work in a cat rehoming centre, cleaning up the S*** would be a good one).

There are a couple of issues here though I have outside the immediate crime..

Firstly - Did the Media know if she was MENTALLY ill or not ?
No it did not but still posted the video.....

Secondly - Responsibility.... I have three cats (all re-homed) I live in the rural countryside and they have a free roam. I 'insure them' because accidents happen, I worm them and treat them regularly for other parasites. They live 'Outdoors' in one of the sheds and each has a little basket which they use daily...... I never allow them into the house but I take responsibility for them..... MY POINT is How many other owners take Proper responsibility of ANY of their pets ???????????????????

The reason I said the above is because why do we think that because most live in urban areas that we 'should' have an animal like a cat or dog or rabbit or whatever and subject them to living in the conditions that we deem suitable and perhaps NOT the most appropriate.... !!!!

The Story highlights a bad act by someone BUT it raises the question about animal ownership I think ??!!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Hehehe and I've just noticed you're name on here is 'pazcat'!! No wonder you feel so strongly about our lazy feline friends!

Maybe you are an ailurophile?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Should this be in the breaking news section?

Very interesting story nonetheless

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by apexvin

You know the cat flap was invented by Isaac Newton...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
lol awfully surreal and weird video to watch, either she doesn't like cats, is a bit crazy or simply made a silly spontaneous decision to put the cat in the bin....then again she would have came back for it if that was the case, oh well. I would hardly call it an evil thing to do but not exactly pleasant either.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
For all the NON -ailurophile's out there here's a pitch for the Dragons den that you might like....

A wheelie Bin with a Cat Flap at it's base ...

regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
[edit on 25-8-2010 by mackblack27]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join