It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Reporter floored by discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by supergeek

Yeah, I almost rear ended the car in front of me after I heard her say that. After looking on Google it looks like they have been easing into this term for awhile and now have dropped the "oil" part all together and are calling it "product".

Link

Sad!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Too sad how BP is getiing away with this obvious cover up, and where are our leaders, why is this being swept under the rug so well?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not trying to pump my own thread, but here is a link, and it contains some shocking video that I took myself. Even in places that claim to not have oil, the oil is apparent below the surface and it is infiltrating the sand! This is a disgusting scenario!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The dispersed oil is so fine of a particulate that it is everywhere!

Also, the residents along the beach where I took the video talk of nightly spraying of Corexit under the cover of darkness!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have to admit I am a little bit confused. I mean we went from "end of the world Oil is going to cover England and black out the Sun", to "oh they were exaggerating everything is fine", back to "OMG we are all going to die".

And when and where exactly did BP murder 11 people? Or are you talking about the people that died in the original explosion? Was that BP as an entire company that did the murdering, just a select few who represent BP, just someone that worked for BP, or just some guy with the initials B.P.?

Cause I am trying to understand if everyone in the entire company is a murderer even the secretary or is it just the CEO's? Can someone fill me in because I was in the real world for a while and couldn't check my ATS for a week.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Thought I would post this info I just found in the hope of cheering you folks up a bit...

Cheerful news about the prospects of a positive outcome is not appropriate for this “disaster” forum. Threads and posts with pics of oil and reports about extinction of all life on earth will get you starred and flagged off the charts though.

AAArrrghh.

I hear you Bro,You talk sense.

Its a damned shame this is the case though IMHO,as I believe that as soon as folks start believing in doom and failure,then that is what befalls them.

The mind is more powerful than we can comprehend.
People who refuse to accept negativity live longer in my experience.

Think about it-who lives longer on a raft/desert island?

Those who give up, and resign to their fate;or those who believe they can get through,survive their journey?

The answer is obvious.
You want to survive?
Then NEVER give up hope.

To submit to failure is to invite it.That is what 35years on planet earth has taught me.
To embrace positivity,that I think is our way to survive as a species.

Sorry just my attitude searing through my post.
Apologies.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
there are no words to describe this

deeply saddening

S&F

One quote comes to mind - "70% of the oil released into the gulf has dissipated" - BP Spokesperson August 2010.

I'm sickened by BP's lack of urgency on this disaster.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by supergeek

This was why when ATS made the call for on the spot reporters I signed up without a seconds hesitation.

I still strongly believe it was the right course for them to take at this critical time in our shared Global history.

The need for real and sometimes even biased reporting is going to be in mho more necessary as we move into the coming years.

We have people from all walks of life, from every country in the world and if we use that power to make change and to move into a new era of truth and transparency in reporting then we still stand a chance of improving the future for generations to come.

Not a single person who did sign up would ever be afraid to speak their minds and to tell the entire truth as it is.

The ATSNews section needs more support from the advertisers and funding should be flowing in if they want to see their companies continue into the future and not be lost in the madness, because what we know is that what happens to one eventually affects us all.

I like the Logo for ATSnews it speaks volumes for what it represents on a Global level.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Where is the MSM coverage of this lack of effort by BP? Sad.

They've all moved on to the next distraction for the sheeple of the general public, the Mosque at Ground Zero..

Isn't it amazing how this complete "non issue" story has diverted everyone's attention away from the oil spill in the Gulf?

Sarah Palin calling the area around Ground Zero "Sacred Ground"? Has she seen the sex shops, hookers, squalid market stalls, and the general run down condition of the entire area?

That's the 24 hour news story for you. A big story is only a big story until the next big story breaks, then the older big stories are conveniently forgotten about.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
For those of you who have known me for a while and have spoken with me in private, know I am not up on the stars and flags and point thing, never really understood it or trusted the system as I have seen posts I TOTALLY disagree with get huge responses and also the opposite.

What I do represent is the truth as I see it, I am at times proven wrong and thats all good too. It is just one members perspective. I am here to learn and grow just as many here.

You know if you asked me how many points I have I couldnt tell you, the only time I actually take a look is when I get reductions from being off topic or out of control from fighting for my oppinions.

What does make me happy about them is that when something hits me so strong that I make a thread about it, it is great to know that it gets the needed attention to bring light to the subject.

More often my threads end up in the wastelands and the ones I would tend to think would ignite more information brought forward and heated discussion, die quickly with little to no life and then the ones I just put out there with no expectations, just putting out what needs to be, can fly.

So, there you have it.

This was not about anything but what I felt upon reading this amazing article written by a respected and brave reporter, I only wish others will take their cues from reporters like him and we can create the real change we all hunger for.

People are becoming news hounds in record numbers and it is not because of what they can discover but what they sense intuitively and yet feel frustrated by the news they are not finding but being fed.

The internet has the chance to become that outlet for truth and perhaps, just maybe it will cause a waterfall effect throughout all media to follow suit in what people of this and the next generations want in the information networks.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

What I do represent is the truth as I see it, I am at times proven wrong and thats all good too. It is just one members perspective. I am here to learn and grow just as many here.

Those words alone prove you to be a most worthy member of ATS,
But you have contributed so much more than that IMO.
Never doubt that you rock Antar.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Why is there no more OUTRAGE that our Government isn't doing ANYTHING? .. They haven't lifted a finger to actually partake in cleaning. They left it to a major corporation and trusted them to do it with no over sight???

WTF?

Why is it the Government gladly jumps into every issue it doesn't belong and ignores every issue that its their job to do?

And this coming from a "green" President?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just dont have any answers, have lost sleep and wake in the middle of the night trying to feel my way through this. I am OK... this is just so wrong on so many levels I cant stand it.

Trying to tune into the blessings, love, laughter in the world to balance myself, but its not easy, and there are hundreds of HORRIBLE reports I have chosen not to put on this forum because as it is there is so much doom in my reports.

I cant imagine what this reporter feels and the response he is getting from just this one day out on the Gulf Coast, I mean what can you do without waking up dead in your hottub or never being hired for another job by going against the machine?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What bp has done in the gulf makes me sick to my stomach.I cant understand why the media has pretty much quit talking about it.But most of all our so called "government" in the usa seems to be ok with what bp has done.If we had a real government bp would paying a high price for this mess.I guess this is what happens when you buy the government you can do what you want and they look the other way.We as a nation need to band together and protest this until they have to do something.Its just not right they need to be held accountable for this mess.It makes me so mad and frustrated I dont even have the words to say how I feel.Most of all I really feel for the people of the gulf, they are getting shafted the most in all of this.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by starseed33]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
starseed33 have you seen some of the videos of the Gulf commissioners being questioned by the public? Its almost rediculous how they have the uninformed arguing against the truth at all costs.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
its just a shame that this whole mess has just sort of vanished from the media and become a thing of the past....more pictures need to get out so people realize what a problem we are facing...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am thoroughly convinced that most people just don't care about it anymore. The MSM is not covering it much anymore and TPTB is patting everyone on the back saying "it's ok, just look away while we sweep this mess under the rug and out of sight." People are feeling that it's over but it's not. The few handful of people on ATS knows the truth but any efforts to 'wake up' anyone else will most likely be in vain. Why? Well, I think it's almost all to blame on MSM and TPTB. Otherwise it's just pure ignorance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Understood dear one, but you must realize that it is not just ATs which is committed to staying on top of this issue, although you have to admit it was very cool of the guys upstairs to create a forum devoted solely to the BP spill, they could have as you and I both say swept it under the proverbial oil...

It is very frustrating to me as well what you say think and feel about all of this, and I realize that it is terrible to simply read all the bad and horrible news and speculation on this, but it has to continue to be out there on any and all sights it can be, this after all could still be more than the worst disaster of the 21st century it could mean the dead zones and end to all life if enough and proper attention is not paid to it.

More so everyday as BP backs off people real people are coming forward and doing research real research on the GULF and it will and is going to have an impact.

Don't lose faith, somewhere between nature and man we still have a fighting chance.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Are there any grassroots (but professional) cleanup efforts underway that one might donate to? Does anyone know? Is anything being done at all about this? I can find nothing.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
There's no need to worry ...

Microbes consumed oil plume, study says

www.washingtonpost.com...

The species dominating the digestion of the oil is a newly discovered one, Hazen said.

Some of the spill's 206 million gallons of oil has come ashore, some has sunk into bottom sediments, and a little is still a floating froth. But the mile-wide, 650-foot-high oil cloud of oil that drifted for months drifted 4,000 feet underwater seems to have disappeared in the six weeks since the well was plugged.

God bless the microbes

interestingly, would they like to share samples of these magic microbes with the World scientists??
or, maybe, are they too busy to waste their time for such trifles?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
For this alone Obama should be put on trial. Yes, BP is criminally at fault too, bit everybody knows that...what is hardly ever being addressed is the government corruption behind this.

The Government is totally complicit in allowing this to happen, in allowing BP to flaunt the advice and use Corexit, in allowing BP total control, in enforcing and sustaining the media ban, in failing to protect the people, in giving false news about the state of things.

I totally agree that BP should be held accountable, but there is a greater authority in the land whose duty it is to take action on this kind of thing.

Where are the Senators and Congressmen? Why aren't they creating a stink about this? Where is the President?

If anything was needed to illustrate the utter corruption of the WHOLE government, and their TOTAL disdain for the well being of the American people, this has to be it.

I feel angry beyond belief that they are allowing this to happen, and angry at the American people who do nothing.

most of troubles is crude's peak & lack of techs, which leads to very high probability for repeating of tragedy at any place around the Globe. you can kill'em, do'em, f@!k'em, limb'em... -- but it's nothing, problem will not be solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join