It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Reporter floored by discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I wonder if this was an undersea plume or the leak still going? Can tests tell from samples or experts from the state of the oil through pictures?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I wonder if this was an undersea plume or the leak still going? Can tests tell from samples or experts from the state of the oil through pictures?

Same.

I have a nagging feeling that there may still be leaking.

I have no proof or anything, just a gut instinct.

I suppose you were having that as well?

Only time will tell for sure, I guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think most people are missing the larger picture. The petroleum and energy industries in general should be charged with crimes against humanity for simply hiding free energy.

If overunity/free energy were allowed to be made available then we would probably not need even a fraction of a percent of the current oil usage today, not to mention being more environmentally responsible.

You take the pillaging of people's money for no other reason than they can, and combine that with war upon war of which is soley based on financial sheets and power control.....the leaders of the major corporations and most countries are hardly worth a bullet for their disposal.

Rich

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Please educate yourself regarding petroleum based products . Let us know when you decide to go cold turkey.

Am I angry? Yes I am angry. The beaches, marshes , wildlife, seafood, economy and way of life here have been destroyed.

BP,MMS et al are getting away with murder of 11 people and much destruction. It appears no-one is really testing contaminated seafood.

When is MMS going to sit in the hot seat?

We the people are being punished for the lack of government oversight and an irresponsible company.
We the people are being punished because consumers want and the environmentalist won't allow drilling in areas easier to reach such as ANWR instead forcing them to go in to deeper waters to drill.
We the people have lost jobs to overseas because of the deepwater drilling moretorium and inept government.
We the people have lost jobs in the seafood industry and tourism industry because of an

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I just imagined what it would have been like to be a fish encountering a billowing underwater plume of oil that rapidly spread killing everything in its path...its coming toward me and I can see all the creatures going belly up as this toxic cloud of death rushes toward me & I know that soon I will be next...

On one hand I mourn the preventable, cruel...awful..loss of life.

On the other I wonder just what a god would make of this masacre.. ...massives losses of energy from the grid is not desirable...so to speak...wouldn't want to be the cause of something like that....oops....too late..

-B.M

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I heard my local radio station this morning talking about the oil that is still washing up. They have shifted gears now and are calling it "product".

She was saying " We are seeing a little product washing up this morning nothing to be concerned about".

So don't worry everybody. Just a little product. Nothing to worry about.

The plan all along was to shut down all media coverage and cleanup operations as soon as the leak was stopped. They never planned to follow through.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

continued.....

inept government.
For those who think we can currently get our energyfans products from the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees here's a list you can start on:
www.saveandconserve.com...
oleum_based_products_a_long_list.html

Anyone up for buying some ocean front property?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^
Look at this mess BP did, AND still I see people everyday at their gas stations.....

It has NOTHING to do with the people who run and own those gas stations. They are more than likely using the BP name and don't even use their gas. I go to BP on purpose because I feel bad for the families of the people who work there and own the place. It's not their fault so why blame them and take it out on them??

You could be going to a 7-11 or Sunoco or whatever gas station you have in your area and be getting BP gas and not even know it.

It is not fair to punish those who are innocent and just trying to make a living. Punish BP themselves as in those who are in charge, not the people at the bottom.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I suppose you were having that as well?

Only time will tell for sure, I guess.

Yeah the whole switching well coordinates hasn't gone down too well for BPs' crying wolf story.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Product?!?!? All I can say to that is... Facepalm. I can't believe the nerve of that! Product is what I put in my hair - and the only oil in it comes from tea tree and olives. What a ludicrous euphemism - shame on whatever radio personality decided to run with that one.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
For this alone Obama should be put on trial.

I was wondering... Did obama ever kick anyone's ass? I mean, he must have found a persons ass to kick by now... right!?

I'm referring to that little speech he made... "I just want to know who's ass to kick"...

Actually, I have not heard much from obama since then. Except for his 'swim in the gulf'...

This is sad. If the people's electives do not do anything, which country will BP shat on next? Canada?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Mirriam-Webster Dictionary

The above link fails to adequately allocate any apposite recalcitrant Magniloquence.

S&F,
ET

edit to add:
p.s. I said: The above link fails to adequetely provide any relevant rebelious speech/words. ie, as one of the first posters put it, no words can describe.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi Antar,

Thought I would post this info I just found in the hope of cheering you folks up a bit-although its an awful situation in the gulf at the moment-Life/nature has a habit of finding ways to overcome even collosal events such as the gulf spill:

WASHINGTON - A newly discovered type of oil-eating microbe is suddenly flourishing in the Gulf of Mexico. Scientists discovered the new microbe while studying the underwater dispersion of millions of gallons of oil spilled into the Gulf following the explosion of BP's Deepwater Horizon drilling rig.
And the microbe works without significantly depleting oxygen in the water, researchers led by Terry Hazen at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, Calif., reported Tuesday in the online journal Sciencexpress. "Our findings, which provide the first data ever on microbial activity from a deepwater dispersed oil plume, suggest" a great potential for bacteria to help dispose of oil plumes in the deep-sea, Hazen said in a statement.

www2.tbo.com...

Maybe this is the beginning of natures own clean up proceedure?
There is some light in the darkness.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have put up a thread that was originally posted on July 9 which explains this whole big disgusting scenario. It's called
War On The World. Since we have so many new members, I thought it would be a good idea to let them know who really is responsible.

Please no stars of flags. I have enough already!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Maybe this is the beginning of natures own clean up proceedure?
There is some light in the darkness.

yeah, until nature decides to clean up the cause too, us.

and then darkness returns

[edit on 25-8-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Hmm,lets hope not.

What you said reminds me of the novels "Dust"and "The Swarm,"where mother nature basically has enough of us and decides to tip the scales against humanity in favor of other species.

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282751955&sr=8-1

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282751990&sr=1-1

Both are quite up to date in terms of science and research,and although they are fictional they are still plausible eco disater situations,which makes them all the more scary IMO.

Even more so in todays climate.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I often go to the BP next to my house to buy small things like drinks, beers, snacks, and sometimes my lotto. But ever since they switched from chevron to BP I stopped buying their gas.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

True but the microbes are creating dead zones in and of themselves, they use oxygen at great measure which is what the rest of the ecosystem uses to breath, either way it is still not the right answers yet.

I know this sounds silly, but if the microbes work, couldnt we do something big to create oxygen like in an aquarium?

* Just checking in to read but had to answer that one, my Grandpa is again in the hospital and I am really concerned.*

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Thought I would post this info I just found in the hope of cheering you folks up a bit...

Cheerful news about the prospects of a positive outcome is not appropriate for this “disaster” forum. Threads and posts with pics of oil and reports about extinction of all life on earth will get you starred and flagged off the charts though.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
These photos are truly disgusting. I (like most people) knew it was there, but not how horrible it really is. I think your pictures are really going to open peoples' eyes as to the extent of the gusher and the cover up.

Thank you for posting these!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join