It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hindenburg Omen' creator exits stock market!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
So we need some esoteric, semi religious indicator to know everything is screwed?

Never mind the endless fraud, scams, rip offs, book keeping fraud, hidden debt, money printing, lack of jobs/manufacturing, endless war debt ...

LOL. Yes, I agree with that point. It gets the "duh!" reaction from me too.

My current favorite "duh!" moments have been some of the recent news coverage about quote-UNEXPECTED negative economic indicators. The most recent being an "unexpected" increase in jobless claims.

What did they think the economic experimentation and manipulation would lead to?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
HAHAHA!!

Omen was BULL Flag...

I hate to say I told you so... but I did

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am just wonding about companies that don't have working capital, meaning they rely on the bank credit in order to run

If we have a second dip, you will see these stocks plummet as there line of credits dry up

Stocks that have working capital and good fundamentals should not be affected as much

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Of course the elite are going to go around saying everything is fine because if they don't, a spook can really collapse the system, prematurely.

--airspoon

Airspoon,
Maybe it was by accident or intentionally but you just put a fine point on things.

Collapse a system "prematurely."

Prematurely.....

Almost as if it was intentional but the ones counting on it aren't wanting it to happen just yet.

Might not be too far from the truth.

Just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I don't think you have to be a broker to know when something smells here.

Unemployment is visibly high. #s don't reflect people who aren't working, working for less, working part-time unwillingly, working under the table with no insurance...

Houses are unaffordable for families with 1 very good income, housing + child daycare for families with 2 incomes brings the same stress, housing + elderly care and especially housing + elderly care + child daycare... so we're arriving at the baby boomers retiring. Either everybody moves in together so that grand parents can be day care for free or the middle aged working, taxpaying sector finally pops the housing bubble due to the social squeeze.

But to me the most obvious, unavoidable, elephant in the room is that the U.S. doesn't make anything any more. We spend all our money on wars in other countries. We rebuild in other countries. We recycle and ship our garbage to other countries. We buy everything manufactured in other countries. Heck when we eat a prawn it is farmed in Costa Rica, flown to Laos to be shelled and sent back to the US to be eaten. We may assemble things here but we actually manufacture very very little.

We have snobbed ourselves into such a hole, by lying that power comes with a bachelors degree. When in reality we are all grateful for referrals to an excellent mechanic, handyman, plumber, electrician, stylist, gardener... We have confused degrees with pride in excellence so now we import not only goods but services.

The three things we had left were our banking and our doctors and our professors... and of course now our banks are in the toilets, everyone goes to India and Cuba for surgery and our school testing results place the US lower than many developing countries.

We have farming... till we GMO ourselves into another dust bowl. And there is our Republic... our democratic government... if it is that. For those that trust it, it is a solace. For those that doubt its validity, it is a shell we hope will keep out the cold for another few generations because we're not sure what to replace it with... it being the worst except for all the other ones.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So, are there current indicators that we are on the verge of collapse. Of course there are. Ask any soup kitchen if their clients have tripled in the last 2 years. Ask teachers if their classes are bigger, assistants fewer, lockdowns more frequent. Look up how many houses in your city are in foreclosure. Ask your cleaning lady, if she is from another country, if she has ever lived through a currency collapse or a regime change and after she says yes, and it sinks in that it really can happen, ask her what it was like.

I'll tell you, I've asked. It's going to stores and having to stand in line for hours to only find the shelves have brooms and soap left. It's hours in line to get gas for your car. And this is for the lucky ones.

We don't want the Hindenburg. But saying that markets live in the now and everything is business as usual only works if your "usual" expects a
cyclical, harsher standard of living for everyone.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join