It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hindenburg Omen' creator exits stock market!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

'Hindenburg Omen' creator exits stock market!

www.datelinezero.com

The Hindenburg Omen, a series of market indicators that predict doom for the stock market, was tripped recently. Twice. This has prompted the Omen’s creator, Jim Miekka, to exit the market. “I’m taking it seriously and I’m fully out of the market now,” said Miekka.

Wow. I’ll say it again: WOW. Anyone who feels like investing, perhaps investing in private charities would get a better and more fulfilling return right now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Yes Folks, Hindenburg Omen Tripped Again

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Meanwhile the politicians, including the Vice President, is going around talking about how everything is fine. As the author points out, there is a time when it is not trying to reduce panic -- there is a time when it's blatant irresponsibility.

When the people who make these economic indicators their life, and they are beginning to cash their chips in ... it's time to take notice.

There is far more at stake than ever. There is far bigger consequences than even in 2008. Because the State has wedded itself so tightly to the economy.

On the other hand, if the government crashed with the economy, it might not be all that bad. Revolution and hitting the "reset" button would be a piece of cake, right?

Or is it not that simple?

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My first thought is that this person has to be aware that his pulling out of the market could, theoretically actually cause his predictions to manifest.

An attempt at creating a self-fulfilling prophecy?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
My first thought is that this person has to be aware that his pulling out of the market could, theoretically actually cause his predictions to manifest.
An attempt at creating a self-fulfilling prophecy?

a very good possibility

however what would one expect?

If one rat jumps ship
will the rest stay and drown?
me thinks not.

Look for a dive, up periscope !!!
we're going under

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

On the other hand, if the government crashed with the economy, it might not be all that bad. Revolution and hitting the "reset" button would be a piece of cake, right?

Or is it not that simple?

Its not that simple. "The People" are not organized in any meaningful way. If the government crashed, and some idiots started a revolution, when the dust settled, we would have the people who are currently running the government via puppet politicians in charge openly, only we would no longer have the constitution to protect us or legitimize our protests against them.

Nothing could be worse for America than a revolution. If "the People" are too ignorant and lazy to make a democracy work, and too ignorant and lazy to vet their own politicians and hold them to their word, and fire them when they are corrupt, with all the tools and safeguards the founders put in place, we would crash and burn before we even left the ground if we had to set up an entirely new system.

The wolves would LOVE for us to revolt. It would be the fastest and surest way to hand this country to them, and the best way to ensure we never got it back from them.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138

Meanwhile the politicians, including the Vice President, is going around talking about how everything is fine. As the author points out, there is a time when it is not trying to reduce panic -- there is a time when it's blatant irresponsibility.

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it”. Adolf Hitler

I agree a reset button for the government would be a great idea. Back to the original settings.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by mrsdudara]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Your very quote would make it seem smart for the guy to go to cash, so he could buy even lower once all the lemmings leave the market....

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Of course the elite are going to go around saying everything is fine because if they don't, a spook can really collapse the system, prematurely.

If this thread is accurate (or the blog sourced), then that is a very good indicator of things to come. Often, we can get clues by *good investors (not necessarily big investors) as to what's coming down the pipe but it is hardly good for predictions. The elite will come out on top regardless of the condition of our economy because they are all putting their money in commodities.

If we look around us, we can see clues everywhere. The price of precious medals are going up, the military is cutting way back and the space-shuttle program has ended. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put these things together and make an assumption that their is no more greese on the machine and the cogs will soon go teethless.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Of course the elite are going to go around saying everything is fine because if they don't, a spook can really collapse the system, prematurely.

If this thread is accurate (or the blog sourced), then that is a very good indicator of things to come. Often, we can get clues by *good investors (not necessarily big investors) as to what's coming down the pipe but it is hardly good for predictions. The elite will come out on top regardless of the condition of our economy because they are all putting their money in commodities.

If we look around us, we can see clues everywhere. The price of precious medals are going up, the military is cutting way back and the space-shuttle program has ended. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put these things together and make an assumption that their is no more greese on the machine and the cogs will soon go teethless.

--airspoon

Weren't you the one on the other thread talking about how people ought to learn English? Perhaps you can work on your spelling...

Medals?

Greese?

Your post sounds like the rest of the folks who don't actually trade in the market... clueless.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

And yours sounds totally like an ad hominem attack. Isnt one of ATS' rules to attack the argument not the person? Your whole post was an attack on his spelling or the fact that he didnt "trade in the markets" and you totally declined to address any of his points.

Some of which were very good. There are clear indications that there is big big trouble for us economically on the horizon, no matter how sunny they try to paint the picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Very interesting. Perhaps Celente will once again hit the nail on the head with his total crash of 2010..

A lot of people don't agree with me, but the way I see it is when a particular event is inevitable, I wish it would just happen already. Stop putting off the inevitable it will only be worse!

So in saying that I wish the stock markets would crash tomorrow, and I wish whatever inevitable global outcome to come from it would immediately follow.
Unless it's a third world war... but now I'm contradicting myself.

Crash, burn, collapse, implode.... Hurry up and happen already so I can deal with it

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
[
Weren't you the one on the other thread talking about how people ought to learn English? Perhaps you can work on your spelling...

Medals?

Greese?

Your post sounds like the rest of the folks who don't actually trade in the market... clueless.

For one thing, Spoon made some good points.

Second. I bow to your immanence as a master of spelling skill.

I really wanted to say what I thought about your rude remarks about spoon but I would have gotten tagged by the mod.

the word in my head issnot.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

The wolves would LOVE for us to revolt. It would be the fastest and surest way to hand this country to them, and the best way to ensure we never got it back from them.

correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to be implying that the "wolves" do not have control of the country now. Well if you really think that then I'm afraid that you have been fooled by their sheep clothing.

I do however agree that a revolution will initially make things worse, but sometimes things need to get worse before they get better.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
there is now a circut breaker in the stock markets so any decline will be slow and painful
add to that the plunge protection team in cahoots with the fed and your realy do have a process that can do to things slowly delcine or another round of stimulis that will destroy the dollar fast

pick one its coming weather over 2 years or 2 months
please be ready people

xploder

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

And yours sounds totally like an ad hominem attack. Isnt one of ATS' rules to attack the argument not the person? Your whole post was an attack on his spelling or the fact that he didnt "trade in the markets" and you totally declined to address any of his points.

Some of which were very good. There are clear indications that there is big big trouble for us economically on the horizon, no matter how sunny they try to paint the picture.

No, none of his points where any good....

Never listen to financial info from an analyst without first doing your own homework.

Here is the issue with all of this hindenberg nonsense and "oh it looks just like 1929" drivel....

The US markets are just that.... They bend and break on domestic news, even when it doesn't matter to the rest of the worlds markets. The hindenberg omen is a technical indicator. Those of us who trade know that if the fundamentals are good technical indicators mean nothing (long term).... Or vice versa, if the fundamentals are crappy, technical indicators mean nothing...

So many companies BEAT expectations of the street... Are flush with cash, and have cash-flow numbers right where they need to be. Yet the stocks are at historically low levels.... That means they are cheap.

Also, as for the 1929 bandwagon.... Global trade came to a halt.... But now global trade is sky rocketing....

What about jobs? Not a leading indicator of recovery... You know what is? Companies spending money.... Have you seen all the M & A activity going on?

Now i will say, that if the republicans don't take over the house in november, this will continue to fall a bit more this year... But if the repubs win.... Get a new roof, befause the Dow will go right through the one we have.

The stock market right now is dealing with many factors.... Traditional august slumps, domestic bad news etc.

Matter of fact, watch the news.... The numbers from the philly fed the other day on jobs, could have used 20k more.... But you know what, in another article we find out that the deep water drilling ban caused the loss of 20k jobs.... Go figure...

There is plenty of good news.... Its just that the individual investor is spooked.... Which is bad for them because the equity market is currently heavily discounted as it is...

Unless you are trading the market, you have no idea what you are talking about....

[edit on 25-8-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I ran across the "D" word again today....
this time Rosenberg is claiming that we are in a depression, not a recession...
which is what I think...this is a depression, only food stamps and welfare, unemployment checks, FDIC and such have replaced the soup lines and such of the 30"s...

I think if these gov't programs weren't around, we would all know we are in a worse depression than what was in the 30"s.

but well, what Rosenberg, and the story is worth the read if you wish..

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Yep... its common knowledge we are in a depression i.e. an extended recession.

No surprise there

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Nothing could be worse for America than a revolution. If "the People" are too ignorant and lazy to make a democracy work, and too ignorant and lazy to vet their own politicians and hold them to their word, and fire them when they are corrupt, with all the tools and safeguards the founders put in place, we would crash and burn before we even left the ground if we had to set up an entirely new system.

So, the reason for democracy does not work, is because of the people?
America was built on a revolution, remember?
Politicians have for at least a generation, have been working against the people. They are voted in, then turn their backs on us. Is this the democracy you are talking about? I want no part. I want our representatives to do their friggin jobs!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So we need some esoteric, semi religious indicator to know everything is screwed?

Never mind the endless fraud, scams, rip offs, book keeping fraud, hidden debt, money printing, lack of jobs/manufacturing, endless war debt .. and so on etc etc - what we need is some guru to tell us the market is going to crash?

Those who trade fundamentals, those with a long term view, those aware of the market rigging and fraud have been out of the market for a long time.

Sure there has been a dead cat bounce - but that cat lost 9/9 on the first hit, now its just a dead cat slide.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I think that's gonna be the biggest thing to overcome, this time, they've let on just how much of a scam our economy was...all that time listening to them tell us how our taxes have to go up for this or that, if we want to continue having this or that, but then, well, gee....all of a sudden, this or that still needs a tax increase, since well, it needs to be paid for, but well...our buddies on wall street are needing our help!! do, well, that bailout doesn't need to be paid for, we can just keep printing money, no harm will come our way because of it!!!

well gee, if that was the answer, why can't they do it with the this or that, or hey, how about all those this or thats that we haven't thought of yet??

I have lost trust....in our gov't, in our economy, and the talking heads!

if the billions they have let lose through their bailouts didn't hyperinflate the markets by now, then I am pretty sure that higher wages for the lower incomes won't bring it on either!

they've exposed the lies, to save their buddies......
now well, they can live with the fact that we don't trust them anymore....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join