It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks to release CIA paper tomorrow. 8/25/10

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think you are correct. It is a retaliation for attempting to smear his name. At least that is what I am speculating. I guess we will all see why the MSM jumped on this twitter posting within an hour after it was posted. This would also make me speculate it is more likely the MSM works for the CIA and not Wikileaks. But who knows right? Truth is truth, and I am all for truth whatever way the cookie crumbles.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I can see a possible problem with this.

1. The document is genuine but of course whichever agency tried to discredit the man will deny the documents credibility. The media will spin it and nothing will change.

2. The document is a plant, fed to Assange so that they can prove it's not genuine and discredit him that way.

It seems so strange that these accusations were made in such a desparate and slap dash way, really not the work of the usual people, so maybe theres a slightly longer game going on.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Don't expect to much out of it, as probably most of the papers will black out to "protects names and sources".

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Does anyone know what time wikileaks is supposed to release the new info? I keep checking their website and don't seen to find the new leak.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I like you are waiting to see how Assange strikes back at those pukes.

By the way, I like your avatar a lot, as I get it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is the link to a recent presentation by Assange answering questions from audience members.

The website is Swedish but the video is not.

svtplay.se...

Now there's quite a few things that he says that I like.

Namely:
The US Govt. hasn't found anyone yet injured as a result of information contained in the leaked documents. At the same time, innocents are continously being killed in the war.

That they do not care about the source of the information, just the actual documents. Meaning that Wikileaks checks the accuracy of the documents that they receive, make sure they are official ones etc. Keep in mind that a lot of reports are many pages long and expensive to forge.

That by publishing everything they get, they are showing that they are unbiased.

There's more and I recommend a watch.

Obviously all of this doesn't eliminate the many theories out there that he's a plant etc. It's just more information to put this whole situation into perspective.

I don't have the time to actually go through these documents myself so I'm very cautious with my opinions because they will be based off what others are saying. Considering the massive amount of controversy, spin and theories about WikiLeaks, I recommend you, dear readers, also adopt a cautious stance.

In every sense of that word.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

It seems so strange that these accusations were made in such a desparate and slap dash way, really not the work of the usual people, so maybe theres a slightly longer game going on.

I'm not so sure. What if the accusations were just to put off the average joe who doesn't get his news in other places other than cnn or fox or whatever, and doesn't read ATS? I'm willing to bet that even with the retraction there are many people with who have that little bad seed planted in their heads where it will stay in their subconscious and arise everytime they hear about wikileaks.

After all, nothing needs to proven to us here, we're not the masses...

I think they only needed to sow that seed to cast major doubt on wikileaks for whoever was listening. If credibility is even slightly doubted then the government/media will be chosen for trust, the old security.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I dunno what it's going to disclose in these new docs....

But i wish they would POST them ALREADY! I'm dyin' ovahhh hereeee.....
This had better be good!

FYI, i don't see this as a smear campaign... wiki dude was arrested... they tried to have him locked up. That's a little more than just ..smearing his name and starting rumors... he was actually arrested and taken to court... if what i read was correct.

It was posted 18 hours ago on twitter...

sooo... maybe 5 more hours to go?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wikileaks will bring down the USA! That is the plan and the plan is working, exactly as they thought it would. Martial Law, economic collapse and the redistribution of land and natural resources to Russia, China and Europe.

I love seeing what is going on but do not believe for a moment that Wiki is anything other than a CIA mind game! and YES the info Wiki will release over time will be explosive!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I still don't trust Wikileaks. They seem like controlled opposition to me. In my opinion at best they are being fed information by the Pentagon unknowingly to release to the public. News coming from Wikileaks tends to be more trustworthy than CNN or the like so they are an effective tool to use. Asange and co think they are getting stuff they aren't supposed to but in fact they are being played.

Worst case scenario Wikileaks is a straight up CIA operation through and through designed to infiltrate similar movements or inject false issues into the infowar and divert discussion to less controversial things.

So far although the leaks have been rather tame. Sure people hear about them and say "the military is dumb" or w/e but there is nothing leaked that is earth shattering. Most people know the military is killing tons of civilians that is not news. CIA orchestrating false flag attacks to provoke a war on terror is. Until that type of CRAZY is released I just don't trust them.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I think definitely the media is on the side of the CIA and other power brokers and not "us." No question about it, in the US, we have the best, most efficient, well oiled and slick propaganda machine in the world.

People in other countries all notice that Americans are hopelessly uninformed, and they assume its because we are stupid. We arent. We are the most heavily propagandized population in the world and we dont even, (as a rule) realize it. Which is why it works.

The MSM had to publish the leaks the way Assange orchestrated it. He put them, in essence, in a "prisoners dilemma" from game theory. By leaking to competing agencies in more than one nation, our home bases MSM had no choice but to leak something. If they hadnt, the public would have been able to know beyond a reasonable doubt they were working for the PTB and withholding from us. It would have blown the necessary illusion of a "free press" upon which this propaganda machine depends.

If you notice, they did down play the significance of the leaks as much as they could, and the whole event was sort of a non-event in the media, compared to Britney Spears meltdown, or some other trivial distraction they feed us. They did their very best not to focus on the civilian casualties and deaths of children that Assange was banking on making an impact on the American psyche, and play up the "danger to the troops" aspect.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Once Assange releases this document the game will get very complicated for him. I do not doubt he is already under surveillance by the NSA etc. I have no doubt he knows this and his insurance file keeps him alive. If he exhausts his insurance file, his resulting death would lend credibility to the insurance file. Knowing that the NSA etc cannot move on him they will resort to extortion, framing, kidnapping family relatives friends children, financial ruin and then basically death threats and far fetched threats concerning the very people themselves. V for vendetta like aint it? Well now Assange is okay but everyone else involved isnt. Wikileaks survival, employees lives, depends on a big enough reaction from the informed and aware to cause a distraction while they extract more information from their "sources". SLOPPY SLOPPY SLOPPY Agents and bureaucrats out there lol

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Once Assange releases this document the game will get very complicated for him. I do not doubt he is already under surveillance by the NSA etc. I have no doubt he knows this and his insurance file keeps him alive. If he exhausts his insurance file, his resulting death would lend credibility to the insurance file.

The smart thing he has done is that he has drawn attention to the fact he HAS an insurance file in the world media. That makes many, many people intensely alert to any harm that may befall him. The CIA better hope Mr. Assange doesnt have a normal legitimate accident at this point, as his death would immediately begin a wave of speculation that they were behind it somehow and undermine their position, and strengthen Wikileaks.

His son too would be too obvious a target and dangerous for the CIA at this point in terms of public opinion. Wikileaks employees, on the other hand, are far more likely marks. The insurance file protects them as much or more than Assange at this point.

It must be some good stuff. Its too bad it needs to be kept as insurance, as I have no doubt that if it works as insurance it could really effect substantial change if it were known.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I for one commend the wikileaks dude for standing up and sharing the truth! As the media has said for decades, " the people deserve to know the truth". So far wikileaks, has released compelling information and obviously the US gov.t has things it wishes to hide! I'm curious is to what this CIA documentation may pertain too.
Furthermore, I hope other organizations would take a lesson from Wikileaks and spread more truths to the people. We can only act when properly informed.
As for the rape charges?, when I saw this propaganda announced, I knew immediately that this was a blatant attempt to smear and prevent any leaks of "National Security". That seems to be the MO now days, everything tied to the National Security. What?, are we as free thinking individuals to dumb to interpret what we observe?
Geezzz....gov't's suck!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
10 seconds ago on twitter-
LEAK: CIA Red Cell Memorandum on the United States as an "Exporter of Terrorism"

http://__._/wiki/CIA_Red_Cell_Memorandum_on_United_States_%22exporting_terrorism%22,_2_Feb_2010

his CIA "Red Cell" report from February 2, 2010, looks at what will happen if it is internationally understood that the United States is an exporter of terrorism; 'Contrary to common belief, the American export of terrorism or terrorists is not a recent phenomenon, nor has it been associated only with Islamic radicals or people of Middle Eastern, African or South Asian ethnic origin. This dynamic belies the American belief that our free, open and integrated multicultural society lessens the allure of radicalism and terrorism for US citizens.' The report looks at a number cases of US exported terrorism, including attacks by US based or financed Jewish, Muslim and Irish-nationalism terrorists. It concludes that foreign perceptions of the US as an "Exporter of Terrorism" together with US double standards in international law, may lead to noncooperation in renditions (including the arrest of CIA officers) and the decision to not share terrorism related intelligence with the United States.

[edit on 8/25/2010 by VonDoomen]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
LOL forget the man Assange and only be concerned with the documents.... by attacking Assage and blurring the "sides" the "attackers" feel they are in effect destroying the credibility of the files.... we the people need to realize what side we are on... OUR OWN SIDE!... its "divide and conquer" please understand that 911 isnt in need of a messiah named Assange.... one man can only do so much no matter how vast his network is.... the government is not to blame but the people who influence the government are.... cmon no blame should be accounted for except on ourselves for allowing even the slightest averted gaze to our concerns by tptb.... please stop living in la la land and realize your unlimited potential and block out the reality being imposed on you... the only conspiracy is the one you allow... if not then conspiracy becomes "caught red handed".... if you ask me encouraging this conspiracy game is an effective way to cause a diversion.... while everyone is playing "who done it" no one is doing anything about it.... Milton Bradley couldnt have made a better game than conspiracy theory.... ATS seems to stand for , at least to me, by tptb "Assumed Too Stupid" to do anything but speculate and get aroused by possible connections.... the elaborate hoax is your mind and seeking truth in the past when you are too far detached to anything about the current truth.... ish i sound crazy goodbye lol

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Released 5 seconds ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MODS please close this thread...all further discussions to the above thread.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is this: Someone accuses another person of something and 50% of the people are automatically going to believe it. In the Bible in order for someone to be convicted of a crime you needed two or three witnesses to testify to it. This makes sense, because the word of one person against another doesn't get anyone anywhere, any party could be lying. It is harder to get two or more people to collaborate and lie against someone. And if someone is doing something wrong, more than likely they have perpetrated that crime against more than one person. That is why the more people who come forward with the same story the more likely it is to be true.

Take for example the clergy abuse of children. If only one child accuses the priest of abuse, then that's what it is an accusation that is unfounded. But when child after child after child comes forward with the same accusation something is obviously not right.

How many times do wicked people who have done evil things and have many witnesses against them get away with it. And how many times have innocent people who have done nothing wrong and are accused by one person of doing wrong have their lives destroyed?

It is a sick world. And it is scary that sick people who are willing to believe the first thing they hear about someone actually go to juries and put judge their peers. They send many innocent people to prison all the time on hear-say alone. With no proof what-so-ever.

I wonder if they ever stop and consider what would happen to them if they are ever put into the same spot.

Instead of Assange's name, replace it with yours. If you really haven't raped a woman, and there are charges against you making headline news, how would you feel? And how would you want the public to react?

Are you part of the public that jumps on the bandwagon to automatically condemn a man with little facts of the evidence?

Are you the one that heads this advice:

(Proverbs 18:13) . . .When anyone is replying to a matter before he hears [it], that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation.

How unwise and stupid it is to judge a person without knowing the facts.

And remember the way in which you judge your fellow man you likewise will in turn be judged yourself.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Released 5 seconds ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MODS please close this thread...all further discussions to the above thread.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by ExPostFacto]

I believe your a little late duplicating this thread for your own, nice try though you troll!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join