It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus or Yeshua... The Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeshua said "make tamuldim(students/disciples) of men... Students... Of what? The Word... Instruction... Funny how Torah is also translated as instruction... Torah means intruction and you re to be"students of instruction".....hmmmmn

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by Ace High
reply to post by Yissachar1

I seriously doubt that God is going to play the semantics game.

I mean really?

You call it semantics, I call it exact... The cure... Yeshua... Or IAM SAVIOUR... No man of zeus... or wrongcough medicine...

The spelling is needed to be exact because it produces a different sound wave.
And I think it's the sound that is made that is important.
We need to look at it in multiple layers not just whats on the surface..

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Like I said earlier..

"Who doesn't know Jesus's Hebrew name is Yeshua??

Trust me, I don't get pissy when Mexicans call me "Ronaldo".

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

My two cents: Actually the letter J (consonant) is the correct universal translitteration of Jod, the least of the consonants in the Hebrew/Aramaic alfabets. The reason why some transliterate Jod into Y is because the English language has a quite bizarre way of vocalising certain letters. Y becomes J, while J becomes DJ. The correct way to translate ישוע universaly however is: JEH (JOD)+SJ (SJIN)+UV (VAV)+AH (AJIN). Shortened Jesju'ah

Atleast that's how I do it. I know Jews learn to transliterate using the bizarre English vocalisations, but that doesn't make it more correct.

In German and Norwegian we even call the letter J - Jod.

[edit on 28/8/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I won't let it die to find out that you believers should understand that JC was created by the Anunnaki. Mary said she had an encounter with "GOD" and she was pregnant. How can an unseen being have sex with a woman?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The encounter with God has to be understood in the way that God is Love. She had an encounter with Love and got pregnant, just like most young women who become pregnant do. She was born in Virgo, while Jesjuah was born in Pisces with his ascendant in Aries, showing how he was born around sunrise somewhere in February/March, typically during the Passover Sjabath. "The last meal" may actually have been his "last birthday".

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeshua is JESUS true Name in Aramaic

BUDHA IS BUDHA, MUHAMED IS MUHAMED.

The TRUE reason that they changed JESUS name is because they hate him.
JESUS is Satan to the EYES OF THE VATICAN
Satan in Hebrew means OPPONENT, Yeshua was the opponent to the leaders
that Crucified him.

John 14.14, " if you do anything in my name I will do it" = YESHUA
john 16.26, " When the day comes you will ask him in my name" = YESHUA
ACTS 4.16 -" it was the power of his name that gave strength to this man" =YESHUA

ACTS 4.16 "Everyone in Jerusalem knows that this extraodinary miracle has been
performedby them (Peter,John), and we cannot denny it. But to keep this matter
from spreading any further among the people, LET US WARN THESE MEN
NEVER AGAIN TO SPEAK TO ANYONE IN THE NAME OF YESHUA"

AND NOW THEY USE JESUS CHRIST WHICH HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH YESHUA THE MESSIAH.

Every Christian should be baptised again in the name of YESHUA, not the Father, Son,
Holy Spirit or the name of JESUS.

PAUL- SAUL was a spy against JESUS, If 12 Apostles existed then its true they were all Murdered

666= xxx= +++= FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT = HOLY TRINITY= YESHUA

6 = the 6th day of the week, which is friday, the day YESHUA was crucified.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I'm sure Jesus would love you arguing over semantics.
Just curious, how is this a conspiracy? It looks like you're just complaining that we use a J instead of a Y.

Agreed. Also there's the factor of spreading the gosple. People who could be saved know "about Jesus" they dont know or understand Yeshua, even though I would tend to agree that your probably right.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
I won't let it die to find out that you believers should understand that JC was created by the Anunnaki. Mary said she had an encounter with "GOD" and she was pregnant. How can an unseen being have sex with a woman?

There's no sex. god can do anything he wants. So if wants to appear as a man he can make himself born.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

90 PERCENT OF CHRISTIANS DO NOT KNOW THIS, INSTEAD OF USING YESHUA THEY USE CHRIST AS A NAME WHICH IS WRONG.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

NOTUR TYPICAL, I SEE WHO EVER PUSHES FOR THE TRUTH YOU GO AGAINST HIM.

WHY IS AMEN, HOSANA, Hallelujah HEBRE WORDS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN CHANGED'?

so why if they are not against yeshua changed his name?? ONLY REASON IS THEY HATE HIM

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
yep...yahushua....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Yes, his name was Yahshua. I recently wrote a blog post on how a name can save people that might be worth your checking out. In the post I show that it is not the name that saves you, but the essence of the being behind the name. Check out my post at danielbarzohar.blogspot.com if you want to read more of my ideas.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baloney
His name WAS Horus.

Amen. Ra.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yissachar1
The OLD Jewish testiment says that "Those who call upon THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED"
WHAT'S HIS NAME THEN?

As I've indicated before, the "true name of God" represented by the Tetragrammaton (YWHW), is really more of a sound than a word. It's a whooshing, phase-shifting noise similar to a jet flying over or a car passing by on a rainy street.

"EEEEEAAAAHHHHWWWWHH"

Although it can also sound like this:

God is not human and doesn't have a human name, unlike Jesus or whatever you want to call him.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
He came to save the world from paganism. When Christianity became the official religion, the people went literally from praying to Zeus To Jee-Zeus. I do think he would find offense and it does not feel right coming off the tongue. Yeah the real name is probably Yeshu but I am ok with Jesse just please don't put the name of some Greek god in his name

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Taken for what they are worth, these traditional views may reveal a superstitious tendency to avoid using the divine name sometime before Jerusalem’s temple was destroyed in 70 C.E. Even then, it is primarily the priests who are explicitly said to have used a substitute name in place of the divine name, and that only in the provinces. Additionally the historical value of the Mishnaic traditions is questionable, as we have seen.

There is, therefore, no genuine basis for assigning any time earlier than the first and second centuries C.E. for the development of the superstitious view calling for discontinuance of the use of the divine name. The time did come, however, when in reading the Hebrew Scriptures in the original language, the Jewish reader substituted either ʼAdho·naiʹ (Sovereign Lord) or ʼElo·himʹ (God) rather than pronounce the divine name represented by the Tetragrammaton. This is seen from the fact that when vowel pointing came into use in the second half of the first millennium C.E., the Jewish copyists inserted the vowel points for either ʼAdho·naiʹ or ʼElo·himʹ into the Tetragrammaton, evidently to warn the reader to say those words in place of pronouncing the divine name. If using the Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures in later copies, the reader, of course, found the Tetragrammaton completely replaced by Kyʹri·os and The·osʹ.—See LORD.

Translations into other languages, such as the Latin Vulgate, followed the example of these later copies of the Greek Septuagint. The Catholic Douay Version (of 1609-1610) in English, based on the Latin Vulgate, therefore does not contain the divine name, while the King James Version (1611) uses LORD or GOD (in capital and small capitals) to represent the Tetragrammaton in the Hebrew Scriptures, except in four cases.

What is the proper pronunciation of God’s name?

In the second half of the first millennium C.E., Jewish scholars introduced a system of points to represent the missing vowels in the consonantal Hebrew text. When it came to God’s name, instead of inserting the proper vowel signs for it, they put other vowel signs to remind the reader that he should say ʼAdho·naiʹ (meaning “Sovereign Lord”) or ʼElo·himʹ (meaning “God”).

The Codex Leningrad B 19⁠A, of the 11th century C.E., vowel points the Tetragrammaton to read Yehwahʹ, Yehwihʹ, and Yeho·wahʹ. Ginsburg’s edition of the Masoretic text vowel points the divine name to read Yeho·wahʹ. (Ge 3:14, ftn) Hebrew scholars generally favor “Yahweh” as the most likely pronunciation. They point out that the abbreviated form of the name is Yah (Jah in the Latinized form), as at Psalm 89:8 and in the expression Ha·lelu-Yahʹ (meaning “Praise Jah, you people!”). (Ps 104:35; 150:1, 6) Also, the forms Yehohʹ, Yoh, Yah, and Yaʹhu, found in the Hebrew spelling of the names Jehoshaphat, Joshaphat, Shephatiah, and others, can all be derived from Yahweh. Greek transliterations of the name by early Christian writers point in a somewhat similar direction with spellings such as I·a·beʹ and I·a·ou·eʹ, which, as pronounced in Greek, resemble Yahweh. Still, there is by no means unanimity among scholars on the subject, some favoring yet other pronunciations, such as “Yahuwa,” “Yahuah,” or “Yehuah.”

Since certainty of pronunciation is not now attainable, there seems to be no reason for abandoning in English the well-known form “Jehovah” in favor of some other suggested pronunciation. If such a change were made, then, to be consistent, changes should be made in the spelling and pronunciation of a host of other names found in the Scriptures: Jeremiah would be changed to Yir·meyahʹ, Isaiah would become Yeshaʽ·yaʹhu, and Jesus would be either Yehoh·shuʹaʽ (as in Hebrew) or I·e·sousʹ (as in Greek). The purpose of words is to transmit thoughts; in English the name Jehovah identifies the true God, transmitting this thought more satisfactorily today than any of the suggested substitutes.

Importance of the Name. Many modern scholars and Bible translators advocate following the tradition of eliminating the distinctive name of God. They not only claim that its uncertain pronunciation justifies such a course but also hold that the supremacy and uniqueness of the true God make unnecessary his having a particular name. Such a view receives no support from the inspired Scriptures, either those of pre-Christian times or those of the Christian Greek Scriptures.

The Tetragrammaton occurs 6,828 times in the Hebrew text printed in Biblia Hebraica and Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia. In the Hebrew Scriptures the New World Translation contains the divine name 6,973 times, because the translators took into account, among other things, the fact that in some places the scribes had replaced the divine name with ʼAdho·naiʹ or ʼElo·himʹ. (See NW appendix, pp. 1561, 1562.) The very frequency of the appearance of the name attests to its importance to the Bible’s Author, whose name it is. Its use throughout the Scriptures far outnumbers that of any of the titles, such as “Sovereign Lord” or “God,” applied to him.

Noteworthy, also, is the importance given to names themselves in the Hebrew Scriptures and among Semitic peoples. Professor G. T. Manley points out: “A study of the word ‘name’ in the O[ld] T[estament] reveals how much it means in Hebrew. The name is no mere label, but is significant of the real personality of him to whom it belongs. . . . When a person puts his ‘name’ upon a thing or another person the latter comes under his influence and protection.”—New Bible Dictionary, edited by J. D. Douglas, 1985, p. 430; compare Everyman’s Talmud, by A. Cohen, 1949, p. 24; Ge 27:36; 1Sa 25:25; Ps 20:1; Pr 22:1; see NAME.

“God” and “Father” not distinctive. The title “God” is neither personal nor distinctive (one can even make a god of his belly; Php 3:19). In the Hebrew Scriptures the same word (ʼElo·himʹ) is applied to Jehovah, the true God, and also to false gods, such as the Philistine god Dagon (Jg 16:23, 24; 1Sa 5:7) and the Assyrian god Nisroch. (2Ki 19:37) For a Hebrew to tell a Philistine or an Assyrian that he worshiped “God [ʼElo·himʹ]” would obviously not have sufficed to identify the Person to whom his worship went.

In its articles on Jehovah, The Imperial Bible-Dictionary nicely illustrates the difference between ʼElo·himʹ (God) and Jehovah. Of the name Jehovah, it says: “It is everywhere a proper name, denoting the personal God and him only; whereas Elohim partakes more of the character of a common noun, denoting usually, indeed, but not necessarily nor uniformly, the Supreme. . . . The Hebrew may say the Elohim, the true God, in opposition to all false gods; but he never says the Jehovah, for Jehovah is the name of the true God only. He says again and again my God . . . ; but never my Jehovah, for when he says my God, he means Jehovah. He speaks of the God of Israel, but never of the Jehovah of Israel, for there is no other Jehovah. He speaks of the living God, but never of the living Jehovah, for he cannot conceive of Jehovah as other than living.”—Edited by P. Fairbairn, London, 1874, Vol. I, p. 856.

The same is true of the Greek term for God, The·osʹ. It was applied alike to the true God and to such pagan gods as Zeus and Hermes (Roman Jupiter and Mercury). (Compare Ac 14:11-15.) ...

Source: Jehovah: Insight, Volume 2

edit on 11-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
jesus and yeshua are the same name. Its just pronounced differently in different languages. His name in english is actually Joshua. For example joseph in the english bible the J is pronounced, in hebrew its Yousef same person just different languages. In every other language in the world his name is pronounced differently but the meaning is the same it means "SAVIOR" if you want to get technical his name is also immanuel. God goes by many different names which describes who he is and what he does like jehovah jireh, shalom, nissi, tsdkenu, el shaddai etc. And yahweh. Jesus was savior God with us.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Jesus was waiting for his good news to be found in Greece.....so when a Greek fella came looking for Jesus....He was happy?...no? in the movie " The Passion "

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join