It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pont-Saint-Esprit poisoning: Did the CIA spread LSD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Pont-Saint-Esprit poisoning: Did the CIA spread '___'?

www.bbc.co.uk

On 16 August 1951, postman Leon Armunier was doing his rounds in the southern French town of Pont-Saint-Esprit when he was suddenly overwhelmed by nausea and wild hallucinations.

"It was terrible. I had the sensation of shrinking and shrinking, and the fire and the serpents coiling around my arms," he remembers.

Leon, now 87, fell off his bike and was taken to the hospital in Avignon.

He was put in a straitjacket but he shared a room with three teenagers who had been chained to their beds to keep them under control.

"Some of my friends tried to get out of the window. They were t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We have all probably heard of the lsd tests on service men on both sides of the stlantic in the 1950's , 60's and 70's,But here is a case I have never heard of before.
Doctors at the time concluded the outbreak was ergot poisoning, speculating that bread at one of the town's bakeries had become contaminated by ergot, a poisonous fungus that occurs naturally on rye.

However recent evidence unearthed by journalist Frank Albarelli links Dr Frank Olsen to the case,a CIA scientist who, at the time of the Pont St Esprit incident, led research for the agency into the drug '___'.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by gambon]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Its strange that this should come up here because in March of this year i was in hospital with a man called John (dont recall surname) who holidayed in this town some years ago and he recounted this exact story to me ! He even told me that at the time he and his wife were there that they were making a film of the incident right then and there ! All the locals had knowledge of it !

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

There is a thread started earlier today on this. Do we really need another? Search is your friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The timing sounds about right, as does his symptoms (almost) and this sure is something I could see the CIA doing. The only thing that sticks out, is the fact that the postman became nauseated. I don't think '___' would cause you to be nausrated, unless of course it is in a high enough dose. All together though, I think it is extremely plausible that the CIA would do something like this, especially back then and in France, not too long after the war.

Also, there would need to be a way for the CIA to check on the results, one would think. I wonder if you can find paperwork or log files from the hospital, communicating with the patients?

--airspoon

[edit on 24-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

ahh ....it doesnt have the original title of the article ,so it didnt come up in the search, or in fact follow the guidelines of b,a,news...
one here as well even earlier , me badwww.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As stated, there is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join