It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bed Bugs Ravage the East Coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by poeticgorilla
One thing i can't understand is how using DDT in a motel room will cause bird eggs to thin.
Can someone explain why we can't use it inside buildings strictly for pest control.

When you wash sheets in the laundry or shampoo the carpets etc DDT gets washed out and ends up in the water supply, fish get contaminated then birds eat the fish etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hm. I heard they are also in airplane seats, and in the seats in movie theatres in NYC. And they were all McCain/Pain supporters.

Oops I meant Palin. Must have been a Freudian Slip, so I just left it.

[edit on 8/24/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by poeticgorilla
One thing i can't understand is how using DDT in a motel room will cause bird eggs to thin.
Can someone explain why we can't use it inside buildings strictly for pest control.

When you wash sheets in the laundry or shampoo the carpets etc DDT gets washed out and ends up in the water supply, fish get contaminated then birds eat the fish etc.

Good point i hadn't really thought of that. now i am wondering about the chems we use now. I will have to do some research on this and see.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Once when on a mission in Tapachula, Mexico my group slept at one of the local hotels.

We would go out in the jungle during the day and go to the hotel at night after working.

The third night we spent there we smelled a strange scent. My interpreter and I rushed down stairs and asked about the smell.

They had used concoction of kerosene and a sweet smell to fumigate for spiders, bed bugs and other bugs.

After many stay in different parts of Mexico, Haiti, Jamaica and other countries south of the USA I never had a problem with bed bugs until I stayed in a very swank hotel in Savannah,Ga..

The Mexicans know how to kill bugs very cheaply so I am blaming it on the Yankees

By the way this is a problem that has been ongoing in the USA for several years.

I refuse to stay in hotels. I bought a camper to use while in the USA when I travel.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Wow you've found a way to blame naturally occuring insects upon Rush Limbaughs pet laundry list of stuff to hate. Very creative!

Must be some digi-savvy bugs there if they can propogate via promulgation.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

The bugs propogate naturally, as I stated.

I wouldn't empower Mr. Limbaugh nor the OP by saying that they promulgate - but the word propaganda does fit. And blaming immigrants and liberals for the spread of a species of insect definitely fills the bill for propagandizing.

[edit on 8/24/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Just because of that I can't hate you no matter how much I try.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I disagree and so does the article. Its' basic common sense. If you have no border controls then anything gets in.

Here are some of the lovely diseases that are growing in America thanks to a government that refuses to police it's borders:
www.usillegalaliens.com...

Some of these diseases are carried by blood sucking insects by the way. Things like:
Malaria,
Dengue,
Leprosy,
Hepatitus,
Tuburculosis,
Chagas disease,
HIV and many others.

Only a culture intent on suicide does not protect it's borders. Usually porous borders are an artifact of a failed state and precede it's destruction. Read a little history if you want a clue.

For those of you still hopeless brainwashed by government controlled educations camps, why shouldn't we adopt the border policies of our southern neighbor Mexico?

If we did, Mexico would be calling us racist and the poor liberals would be shouting in the streets at how fascist we are etc. etc. It's the Alinsky method all over again. Use ridicule to disarm your opponent. I'll bet you lib.s didn't even realize you were conditioned to use that tactic.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Try own herbal spray. Whisk 10 drops each of lavender, eucalyptus and rosemary essential oil in one cup of water. Fill a clean spray bottle with this mixture....Spray it on the infested area... you can also use alcohol...for direct killing...for bed bugs read... www.whatdobedbugslooklike.net...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
There's all sorts of products we can get in the UK, from pesticides for the home, herbal treatments to protectors that completely seal and keep the horrible things out of your mattress.
Thankfully I've never encountered any & touch wood I never do, but I'm always on the lookout for uninvited guests in the house. Just the idea of them makes me want to throw up.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
...and by banning beneficial insecticides like DDT...

A small nuclear device would work even better!

I'd rather the bed bugs than the DDT thanks...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The only way of getting rid of Bed bugs is call an Bed bug exterminator CT ,only exterminators can help you out with pest control and even for an long lasting results.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join