It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions about Jesus Chist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

On the page "Book of Enoch PDF" There is a post by "SOURDIESEL" which has many of the lost books of the bible (~20), I was pointing you to that.It's a shame you can't understand my posts

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

On the page "Book of Enoch PDF" There is a post by "SOURDIESEL" which has many of the lost books of the bible (~20), I was pointing you to that.It's a shame you can't understand my posts

And like I said, you're using books of the bible to prove the bible.
I understand fully what you're trying to show me, I'm just wondering why you're showing me it.

link   

What are you talking about?
He/She believes in the Watchers. They also believ that Jesus was a Light Being. That is excepted in the Christian faith. Not in Catholiscsm though. But I can accept it. Where is a "swing and miss" you speak of?

link   
There is book that needs to be added to the bible...

The lost Gospel of Judas

Has anyone heard if this is being considered?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

link   

What are you talking about?
He/She believes in the Watchers. They also believ that Jesus was a Light Being. That is excepted in the Christian faith. Not in Catholiscsm though. But I can accept it. Where is a "swing and miss" you speak of?

He was trying to show you the fallacy in your post, asking someone to prove that something DIDNT happen 2000 years ago.

link   

I'm showing you many books, like the Apocrypha. Some of those books were written BEFORE the Flood. Read those books and do some more researcg. That was pretty much common sense.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
You're a 7uckin idiot

hahaha I laugh at morons who provide zero evidence for a belief of something, you are trying to prove something didnt exist that is generally accepted to exist, the burden of proof is on YOU!!! period.

All your ridiculous arguments to the contrary just make you look foolish.

You are the one making the unacknowledged assertion, so you have the burden of proof, there is no way around that.

I think that the emperor Nero didn't exist, that it was a made up story. Prove me wrong, but you cant use any roman documents to prove me wrong.

That assertion is patently absurd...lol

Jaden

The emperor Nero has huge amounts of historical evidence

Here's one about the economic crisis IN EGYPT under neros rule.
www.coinsofromanegypt.org...

I'm not making any assertion, so I'm curious why you're getting so upset.

I'm simply asking for any historical evidence for Jesus, and you attack me, while circumventing the censors, which you aren't supposed to do btw.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

That is exactly what is happening here. Asking me to provide him with evidence, and when I do, he brushes it off as fallacy. Whats the point in arguing if I can't use evidence? This thread needs to be closed now. I'm done fighting. I've already proved my point.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Masterjaden

That is exactly what is happening here. Asking me to provide him with evidence, and when I do, he brushes it off as fallacy. Whats the point in arguing if I can't use evidence? This thread needs to be closed now. I'm done fighting. I've already proved my point.

I'm asking for historical evidence, not biblical evidence.
You've only provided biblical evidence, sorry, but I need something more tangible to believe in a God.

I'm not denying the possibility the biblical texts are correct and that Jesus really did exist, I'm just asking for something more tangible than biblical texts.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Baloney

He's powerful, but he's not physical. Don't mix 'em up. I'm not gonna play the "Devil Did It" card here.

Sorry dude he's not all powerful at all -

Judges 1:19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Mark 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

reply to post by Baloney

He's powerful, but he's not physical. Don't mix 'em up. I'm not gonna play the "Devil Did It" card here.

Judges 1:19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

The steel age must have freaked God right out.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

thats irrelevant.

Sorry. If you believ in Light Beings I suppose that is okay, but you do believe in Jesus, so we are on the same terms. Thus, what I'm trying to say is, you should of said that at the beginning.

If you know of the watchers, surely you must have read the Enoch I, no?

Sorry - - but me believing in the Watchers/Light Beings - - does not prove Jesus at all in the way the OP intends.

It does not prove the biblical historical Jesus of Christianity.

Was Jesus a real name? Or a "cover" name? Is the story of one person - or several people combined as one - - which is a common approach in historical novels.

Point is - - neither belief can be proven without Real Fact.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Since I, in relation to ALL of your previous posts, cannot prove that Jesus lived,

Yes you can you can go to Talpiot there you will find his tomb along with his family.

There you go mate I helped you defend your argument, good on me eh ?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

This thread needs to be closed now. I'm done fighting. I've already proved my point.

Now that's bloody typical of a christian, run away but still shout "I'm right I'm right"

Completely spineless dude come back and have a pasting you started this so deserve it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The steel age must have freaked God right out.

And what Ikea would do to a Carpenters' self worth is anybodies guess, no doubt gave him good reason to inspire someone to invent Prozac

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Look... leave Jesus alone, he was a handsome chap with good hair...and wore cool clothes.

What did he ever say to you huh?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

reply to post by Baloney

That wasn't God's failure, it was Judah's....otherwise the he would've been He....
lol

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hello everyone

Originally posted by texastig
We will let the authors state what they said.
1John 1:1-3
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life-- the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us-- that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

but what did he touch? what did he hear?
he certainly doesn't say it was Jesus, he just had some spiritual experience.

why do you think this has anything to do with Jesus existing in history?

John 21:24
This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

umm, this passage was added to the gospel later, it's some other people claiming the book is true - so what? people make claims about their holy books all the time.

1Cor 15:8
And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

yeah - Paul had a vision of Christ - so what?

TiglathP

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
hello,

THERE YOU GO AGGAIN!!

Clearly, I can see all you are trying to do is cover up, because you have no sources as to the non-existence of Jesus. NONE!

It is so funny because I can find 50000000 faults in specific parts in the NT, yet you have not come up with one source! NOT ONE!

wow
do you REALLy believe there can be evidence for NONexistence?
how silly

do YOU have evidence that unicorns don't exist?
no? so you must believe in unicorns

do YOU have evidence that faeries don't exist?
no? so you must believe in faeries

do YOU have evidence that Santa doesn't exist?
no? so you must believe in Santa

how silly - the only time this backwards argument is made is when Christian apolgists try to explain away the total lack of actual evidence

if you believe Jesus DID exist, it is up to YOU to show evidence - not the other way round.

meanwhile -
there is PLENTY of evidence that Jesus was a myth :

* his story is obviously created from the Jewish scriptures

* he has the standard characteristics of the mythical god-men of the times

* there is no contemporary evidence of his existence

* the story grew and changed long after the alleged events

* not one Christian ever claimed to have met Jesus or Mary, or Joseph, or Lazarus etc. etc.

Jesus is as real as Santa or Hercules or Superman or Osiris or Krishna or Adam

TiglathP

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join