It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions about Jesus Chist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by Annee

Okay, let's say somewhere in the world is one man who knows that Jesus didn't exist. Assume we do not know him, nor ever can, for he is in total seclusion from the world. Since I, in relation to ALL of your previous posts, cannot prove that Jesus lived, Prove to me he didn't. Right now. On this thread. Here, in this time period. Do it.

You don't know how evidence and proving something works.
It's usually called an argument from ignorance.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
You do know none of the disciples wrote that right?
It was written decades after Jesus's supposed death by anonymous sources.

Scholars believe that Paul wrote at least seven of his epistles and that they are authentic.
We know that John wrote his book.
Both sides of the camp argue for and against 2nd Peter. But those that argue against are only assuming.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
post by hippomchippo

Ancient astronaut?

1:

The Rigveda (Sanskrit: ऋग्वेद ṛgveda, a compound of ṛc "praise, verse"[1] and veda "knowledge") is an ancient Indian sacred collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns. It is counted among the four canonical sacred texts (śruti) of Hinduism known as the Vedas.

2:

u Xi or Fu Hsi (Chinese: 伏羲; pinyin: fúxī; aka Paoxi (simplified Chinese: 庖牺; traditional Chinese: 庖犧; pinyin: páoxī)), mid 2800s BCE, was the first of the Three Sovereigns (三皇 sānhuáng) of ancient China. He is a culture hero reputed to be the inventor of writing, fishing, and trapping. However Cangjie is also said to have invented writing.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Xi

I see no Ancient Astronauts here. Obviously, you haven't researched these topics, so you are so dissillusioned that you believe I'm referring to Aliens.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by texastig

1. Jesus died by Roman crucifixion.

Where are the actual facts to support this?

www.garyhabermas.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You do know none of the disciples wrote that right?
It was written decades after Jesus's supposed death by anonymous sources.

Scholars believe that Paul wrote at least seven of his epistles and that they are authentic.
We know that John wrote his book.
Both sides of the camp argue for and against 2nd Peter. But those that argue against are only assuming.

Again, which scholars and what evidence do they have? I'm sick of this appeal to authority you keep trying to present.

And we don't know that John wrote the book, it's still highly disputed, and it was written between 90 to 100 CE, so it's still in the air as to who wrote it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

If I am using Argument from Ignorance, you are using Argument from Signs:

"There is no proof of Jesus" signalling that "Jesus does not exist".

There is probably another I can attribute to, but I've only learned so many. Obviously, you have declined from the argument because

A: So far you have no provided any backup to your theory.
B: So far you have used filler comments to prolong this argument.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

post by hippomchippo

Ancient astronaut?

1:

The Rigveda (Sanskrit: ऋग्वेद ṛgveda, a compound of ṛc "praise, verse"[1] and veda "knowledge") is an ancient Indian sacred collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns. It is counted among the four canonical sacred texts (śruti) of Hinduism known as the Vedas.

2:

u Xi or Fu Hsi (Chinese: 伏羲; pinyin: fúxī; aka Paoxi (simplified Chinese: 庖牺; traditional Chinese: 庖犧; pinyin: páoxī)), mid 2800s BCE, was the first of the Three Sovereigns (三皇 sānhuáng) of ancient China. He is a culture hero reputed to be the inventor of writing, fishing, and trapping. However Cangjie is also said to have invented writing.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Xi

I see no Ancient Astronauts here. Obviously, you haven't researched these topics, so you are so dissillusioned that you believe I'm referring to Aliens.

So what are you talking about then?
You're talking about chinese and indian religions for what reason?
I understand that several cultures have religions, that doesn't make them valid.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If I am using Argument from Ignorance, you are using Argument from Signs:

"There is no proof of Jesus" signalling that "Jesus does not exist".

There is probably another I can attribute to, but I've only learned so many. Obviously, you have declined from the argument because

A: So far you have no provided any backup to your theory.
B: So far you have used filler comments to prolong this argument.

Once again, a post with no evidence that jesus existed, and instead arguing semantics.
I never said Jesus does not exist, I said there is no proof of Jesus existing, perhaps you should touch up on your reading.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

1:prove a negative? what are you referring to?

2: you're an atheist, or an agnostic?

3: I almost don't feel like doing this anymore. I've tried, but everytime, we try to put up information it's like you guys see right through it.
How about this?:

when you atheists or agnostsics start citing sources as to why Jesus isn't real/ God isn't real, then we can chat.

You're saying we should somehow prove that a person DIDNT exist 2000 years ago, when the burden of proof is on you to prove he DID exist 2000 years ago.
I hope that cleared things up

I love this burden of proof fallacy....
wrong. it is generally accepted that he did exist therefore the burden of proof is on you.

You're trying to say that even though there is a historical record that this person existed, I think it was made up, so prove that I am wrong and you cant use any historical document I believe was made up to do so...

I love idiots who cant think logically so they make up crap to support their argument

JAden

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Masterjaden]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Do you have any scholarly historical evidence for that? I've never heard of that before.

Here are a few things to get you started. Most of this is found easily enough.

* Mary, the mother of Jesus, and Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist, were cousins, making Jesus and John cousins. Salome is Mary's sister (also indicating the high rank of Jesus's entire family), and Jesus's aunt. I think I made a typo above, which I'll go back to correct.

* Look at the Gospel of Thomas Verse #61 for the entrance to the curious and surprisingly incestuous triangle between Salome and the cousins, John the Baptist and Jesus:

Jesus said, "Two will recline on a couch. One will die; one will live."

We know about Salome and her dance for Herod, and we know what happened to John the Baptist. And Salome ended up one of the three women at the crucifixion and tomb of Jesus. Something obviously going on there.

* Jesus called John the Baptist a "son of a woman," which was even more insulting than calling someone a "son of a bitch" these days.

* Annas is a scribe when the infant Jesus kills his son for knocking down a little water dam he made. (Infancy Gospel of Thomas) Annas is later the high priest at the Sanhedrin at the trial of Jesus, and it's time for some payback.

That's a start. It's a story right out of Shakespeare, full of intrigue. But it's fragmented among the various Gospels. It takes a little time to dig out and put it back together.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What do you want to agrue for? What have you so wanted to prove? You said you were not Agnostic. So what? Do you acknowledge Christ or don't ?
If you do, then we do not need to be having an argument, and you dragged me around the site, begging the question,for 3 pages for no reason. If you don't, then clearly you don't believ in Jesus, so my above post was correct. So, what are you? Christian or Atheist?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

I love this burden of proof fallacy....
wrong. it is generally accepted that he did exist therefore the burden of proof is on you.

I love idiots who cant think logically so they make up crap to support their argument

JAden

No, that's not how it works.
That's an appeal to authority, "Alot of people believe he existed, therefore you should prove he doesn't!"
I love people who use ad homs when they cannot provide evidence their god existed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What do you want to agrue for? What have you so wanted to prove? You said you were not Agnostic. So what? Do you acknowledge Christ or don't ?
If you do, then we do not need to be having an argument, and you dragged me around the site, begging the question,for 3 pages for no reason. If you don't, then clearly you don't believ in Jesus, so my above post was correct. So, what are you? Christian or Atheist?

I'm not here to prove anything, I'm here to try to find evidence that Jesus existed.

Why do I need to tell you what my religion is? I'm looking for HISTORICAL evidence that Jesus existed, nothing more.

Instead I've been insulted and called both an agnostic and an atheist, lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I have provided proof.

Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion.

therefore, proof is evidence. The PDFs are evidence. We have provided your evidence. So? "Genrally, alot of people believe he did exist, so you need to prove he didn't, you're an Atheist, right? well, this will be easy for you."

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Okay, let's say somewhere in the world is one man who knows that Jesus didn't exist. Assume we do not know him, nor ever can, for he is in total seclusion from the world. Since I, in relation to ALL of your previous posts, cannot prove that Jesus lived, Prove to me he didn't. Right now. On this thread. Here, in this time period. Do it.

I believe Jesus was/is an off planet Light Being. I believe in the Watchers and that these benevolent Light Beings can also manifest themselves in physical form - - - that they have been a part of our world from the beginning.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Being called an Agnostic or an Atheist is as insulting to you as being called a Muslim or Jew. Im Christian. Plain Christian, no branches. Either you believ in Jesus, or you dont. If you are an Agnostic, I can't argue with you, for you accept we will never know. I cannot debate with that affiliation. Then you come and start ruckus, and we don't know what you are doing. We are shooting blind because we don't know what you want. It depends on your religion what answer I should give you. You won't say, so I have to assume, that because you are arguing with me that you are an Atheist. I apologize if you aren't, but If you believ in God, I see no point for us to be fighting.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I have provided proof.

Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion.

therefore, proof is evidence. The PDFs are evidence. We have provided your evidence. So? "Genrally, alot of people believe he did exist, so you need to prove he didn't, you're an Atheist, right? well, this will be easy for you."

The PDF you posted gave me a link to below top secret, where it was called "Book of Enoch PDF", while the other is a similar book that wasn't included in the bible.

I'm looking for historical evidence, you're using books from the bible(Well, some were rejected from the bible) to prove the bible.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

thats irrelevant.

Sorry. If you believ in Light Beings I suppose that is okay, but you do believe in Jesus, so we are on the same terms. Thus, what I'm trying to say is, you should of said that at the beginning.

If you know of the watchers, surely you must have read the Enoch I, no?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

thats irrelevant.

Sorry. If you believ in Light Beings I suppose that is okay, but you do believe in Jesus, so we are on the same terms. Thus, what I'm trying to say is, you should of said that at the beginning.

If you know of the watchers, surely you must have read the Enoch I, no?

Swing and a miss.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join