It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misconceptions about Jesus Chist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by blupblup

You can't argue by promoting yourself. I see that you say your posts are sense, logic, and reason, well what are mine? Shriveled up garbage. Again you are posting opinion. While you ask for facts.

When you say something like:

Once upon a time, one special atom, hit another special atom and created a living, breathing organism.

you clearly do not understand what you're talking about. In fact, I don't know of any theory that states any such thing. Plus you go on about what atheists believe and their theories. This demonstrates you know little about atheism. I don't challenge your intelligence, only your knowledge.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life. I am unbiased on evolution, as I am still trying to see if it is possible that it fits into Christianity, or Judaism anywhere. But Orign, claiming that we originate from early bacteria, and fish, IS an atheist view of things.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I do understand. What YOU are doing is basing my intelligence on what I write. That's profiling, not basing on knowledge. I know ALOT about the big bang, so it doesn't matter how I want to write ite it. If it's a joke, it is a joke. And yes I am correct. Although I didn't use the proper terms, organic elements combined with (amino acids which developed into proteins) created the foundation for life. If I had said "magical X smahed into magical Y and magical C into D, which created life" Then it would be rubbish. I clearly know what I was writing.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life. I am unbiased on evolution, as I am still trying to see if it is possible that it fits into Christianity, or Judaism anywhere. But Orign, claiming that we originate from early bacteria, and fish, IS an atheist view of things.

The origin of species says nothing about origin of life. Origin of life is covered by abiogenesis theory. Evolution is simply a biologic process.

It is also most certainly not an atheist view. The devout christian chooses to view it that way since it seemingly poses a threat to claims in the bible. The simple fact that no christian can get around is that the bible is wrong over and over about the natural world. Arguing that evolutionary theory is atheistic is as absurd as claiming that germ theory, heliocentrism, and a round earth are "atheistic views of things".

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I know ALOT about the big bang, so it doesn't matter how I want to write ite it.

Then why are you incorporating abiogenesis theory into the Big Bang theory?

Just sayin'...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

didn't you hear what I said the first time?
I don't care about Evolution but your post targets me for it.

Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

Clearly you couldn't see that.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Because I'm tackling both Big Bang, and Origin of Species and Evolution.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

Those are two separate theories.

Like I said, brush up a bit on all those things.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Indeed. That's called "science". Evolution is a fact, confirmed by testable, repeatable experimentation and confirmatory findings. It is not an "atheist belief" nor does teaching it nullify anything about religion.

That isn't science. For something to be scientific, it has to be observed. If evolution was a fact then they would take off the "Theory" from "The Theory Of evolution". There are no transitional fossils. It sure does nullify anything about religion because there's no creator. If there's no creator there's no morals. Like Mass Murderer Jeffrey Dahmer said:
"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing…"
Jeffrey Dahmer, in an interview with Stone Phillips, Dateline NBC, Nov. 29, 1994.

No, in fact, that is not historically certain. Also, that has nothing to do with the existence of Jesus a anything more than an apparition. People still see those things daily.

You better call or email the University of Göttingen and tell them that what Gerd Lüdemann said is not "historically certain". But I doubt you'll do something like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

OMFG you atheists just stray away from the main question:

I said: The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

Then you said the origin of species is not the origin of life, which is not what I said. Then you said that we see Evolution threatening because it interrupts our faith. I clearly stated that I was not debating evolution, nor do I hate it. I do not care for it, and then you pointed out that evolution is not like the Origin of Life.

Conclusion, you segmented the question. you never posted how I originally asked it. so I will simplify it:

] Inside the origin of species lies it's base : The origin of Life, which can be changed depending on the view. The way an organism is created, though, does not affect how one views the origin of species, because that is accepted. Either the Big Bang, or Creationism generally affects how one views the origin of Life. But the Origin of species, is a two-way path -- Humans have always been humans, or, we evolved from Primates. Evolution falls anywhere in between, and CAN be accepted by Christians without deterring their faith, as for many Christians, how Adam and Eve actually looked, an their time period, is unclear [

But you made it seem as if I was ranting about Evolution.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Indeed. That's called "science". Evolution is a fact, confirmed by testable, repeatable experimentation and confirmatory findings. It is not an "atheist belief" nor does teaching it nullify anything about religion.

That isn't science. For something to be scientific, it has to be observed. If evolution was a fact then they would take off the "Theory" from "The Theory Of evolution". There are no transitional fossils. It sure does nullify anything about religion because there's no creator.

That is science. Evolution has been observed. Museums everywhere are chock full of transitional fossils. And evolution has nothing to do with the origins of life: that's abiogenesis, a different theory. Also, Dahmer's quote about fearing a god to instill morals is ridiculous.

You better call or email the University of Göttingen and tell them that what Gerd Lüdemann said is not "historically certain". But I doubt you'll do something like that.

I'm quite certain that publishing such a thing has earned him a fair amount of corrections without me needing to issue another.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

By the Way: Evolution isn't fact, nor ever can be proven. Unless we build a time machine in our lifetime that can go back, stop us from aging and watch what happens, it will never be proven, but it will always be aan accepted "theory" that scientists are scared to leave for fear of ridicule. I remember when they showed that most scientists didn't questions the theory of Global Warming because they feared humiliation. Well guess what? They finally anted up and proved it false. There is no Theory of Creationism, because the idea was not man-made.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I said: The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

You're still mashing two theories together, like you did before, even though you claim you're not. You also haven't demonstrated how any of these are an "atheist view". Also, whatever knowledge you claim to have about any of these things gets called deeper into question with each post.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

By the Way: Evolution isn't fact, nor ever can be proven. Unless we build a time machine in our lifetime that can go back, stop us from aging and watch what happens, it will never be proven, but it will always be aan accepted "theory" that scientists are scared to leave for fear of ridicule. I remember when they showed that most scientists didn't questions the theory of Global Warming because they feared humiliation. Well guess what? They finally anted up and proved it false. There is no Theory of Creationism, because the idea was not man-made.

Evolution is a fact as has been observed and has been proven. You also have just revealed that you don't understand what a scientific theory is. Also, there is no "theory of creation" because it's not a scientific theory.

I had been questioning your knowledge on certain things before, but now I am most certainly beginning to question your intelligence.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

And evolution has nothing to do with the origins of life: that's abiogenesis, a different theory.

The origin of species IS an atheist view. Not so much evolution in itself, but the base idea of Origin of Life.

I don't get it....Please point out where I say evolution is like Origin of Life? I NEVER SAY THAT! Man, you are thick in the head aren't you? "Not so much evolution in itself" is me saying that evolution is not an atheist view. I never say that evolution is like Origin of Life.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't get it....Please point out where I say evolution is like Origin of Life?

Because you claim "origin of species is an atheist view" but then blame it on "origin of life". Origin of species is evolution, origin of life is abiogenesis. Get your facts straight

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

evolution is NOT a Fact. That is YOUR opinion. It has not been proven true, and will never be, no matter how many fossil records you collect. Obviously, you are mental, because you still can't understand the sentence:

Not evolution , but the base of origin of life.

Where the H*** do I mash the two together? you kept pestering me about Evolution, so that's why I said "Not evolution in itself". I don't care about Evolution

But each post, you write, you claim, Im mashing theories. Darwin's Book is called On Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection. It states that he be-lie-ves that organisms evolve by natural selection. You can believe in Evolving, without believing that we came from fish, or natural selection. The THEORY OF EVOLUTION is where you DO have to believe those things.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

evolution is NOT a Fact. That is YOUR opinion. It has not been proven true, and will never be, no matter how many fossil records you collect.

Yes it has been proven. The fact that you would claim otherwise indicates you know little about the science you're denying.

Obviously, you are mental, because you still can't understand the sentence:

Not evolution , but the base of origin of life.

Where the H*** do I mash the two together? you kept pestering me about Evolution, so that's why I said "Not evolution in itself". I don't care about Evolution

I've already explained this. Evolution does not explain the origin of life.

But each post, you write, you claim, Im mashing theories. Darwin's Book is called On Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection. It states that he be-lie-ves that organisms evolve by natural selection. You can believe in Evolving, without believing that we came from fish, or natural selection. The THEORY OF EVOLUTION is where you DO have to believe those things.

The theory of evolution is not a matter of belief. It's a scientific fact that is testable, repeatable, demonstrable and confirmed by several branches of science. Darwin did not "believe" in evolution, he demonstrated it was a fact.

Seriously dude, are you also going to argue that the earth is flat, that demons cause disease, rainbows are a covenant and that the earth is the center of the universe? Science clearly refuted those biblical claims. Arguing against evolution is just as asinine.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Abiogenesis: a hypothetical organic phenomenon by which living organisms are created from nonliving matter

Evolution: In biology, evolution is the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations. When a population splits into smaller groups, these groups evolve independently and develop into new species. ...

Origin of Species: The scientific theory that populations evolve over the course of generations through a process of natural selection.

You can believe an organism evolves without believing it came from fish. You can believe an organism was created by a God and evolved over the course of history. You can also not believed an organsim evolved over history. Next time, look up your words.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Thanks, that confirms exactly what I've been telling you this entire time.

Origin of species does not equal origins of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join