It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Microbes ate BP oil water plume

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Something about the sudden increase of microbes/bacteria in the GOM seems odd. Especially when contrasted with a report from Chile where in the Atacama desert, one of the driest places on earth, scientists have discovered bacteria living in an ancient lake bed. Then, Canadian news states that a drug resistant bacteria has been found in hospitals. Spreading in from India.
Once these microbes/bacteria are increased by humanity, they seem to know no bounds.
There is no link whatsoever between hospital/GOM/Chilean desert; except microbes.
Whatever lived in and around that dried up lake is long gone. But the bacteria are still here.
Lets hope the Gulf microbes disappear as soon as the oil-corexit runs out. Not just go looking for another food source.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SimplyGord

Are you implying you think these mysterious magical microbes will coem for US once they have eaten all the oil?

here's a tip; the story is not true.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Which story is not true? Microbes/bacteria in Gulf? Microbes/bacteria in ancient Chilean dried up lake? Microbes/bacteria in hospitals in Canada?
Just curious.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The story about the microbes eating up the entire plume.

Also, the bacteria die out when there is no more crude to consume.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

I just love it when they try to have it both ways.

...Either there were no microbes that ate up the whole plume;
OR
They die out when there's no more crude to consume.

RE: "The bacteria die out when there is no more crude to consume"

Can you provide a written guarantee?

One that stipulates the bacteria will NOT mutate and adapt to a new, more abundant food source? Or relocate?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by justadood

I just love it when they try to have it both ways.

...Either there were no microbes that ate up the whole plume;
OR
They die out when there's no more crude to consume.

No. Microbes that eat oil do exist. Never said they don't. These are well-documented organisms.

What I SAID was the story that claims these microbes ate this plume are nonsense. As pointed out by numerous posters in this thread. It's a planted story, meant to dispel the previously-releases MSM story confirming the existence of a massive 'plume'.

That isnt a contradiction AT ALL.

RE: "The bacteria die out when there is no more crude to consume"

Can you provide a written guarantee?

One that stipulates the bacteria will NOT mutate and adapt to a new, more abundant food source? Or relocate?

Seriously? A guarantee they wont evolve into flesh-eating monsters?

No, i cannot 'guarantee' that. I CAN make an intelligent guess based on known past observations of the life-cycle of oil-eating microbes.

I can also point you to a plethora of info on these microbes and their well-documented life-cycle, but i cant gurantee you will read it, or understand it.

But you'll have to draw your own conclusions about 'mutating' bacteria that will eat the planet

www.scientificamerican.com...

ideonexus.com...

oileatingmicrobes.com...

Once their food source (crude oil) is exhausted, our oil-eating microbes stop reproducing and just die off.

care to continue with your derision while providing zero evidence to support it?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
deleted. oops.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Maybe you should point out more facts on mircobes and their well defined life cycles. ATS could forward it to processed meat companies trying to get listeriosis out of their plants. And to municipalities with e-coli in the water.
Hospitals infected with MRSA, (multiple resistant staph aureus), flesh eating disease, and the new super-bug would also appreciate a dictionary definition.
Facts are, once humans give these little critters room to grow, grow they do. Then they defy all known attempts at eradication.
Maple Leaf Foods needs your help NOW.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join