It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to Astral Project? Really bad? Here's some tips.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I remember as a child, I had a high fever and my parents let me stay in the living room with them curled up. I thought I remembered getting up and looking out the window and seeing a horrifying redeyed black static-y monster looking back at me... Momma swears I never got up. I distinctly remember curling up in the corner and crying in fear. NOW, I wonder if I had either a lucid dream or an OOB or some combination of both. VERY lucid and bright episode. I usually recognize precognitive from "normal" dreams, however, I don't always remember them until that event happens. I usually have munday precognitive dreams... drives me insane.
I also have had control over my dreams since I was little because I had a terrifying dream of dying by drowning. I read somewhere about controlling my dreams so I worked on it for months until I did change it. Anyway, when I want to, really want to, I can control myself in the dreams. Nowadays though, I usually have a dream but I am having simultaneous viewpoints.. first person and an observer... simultaneously. I know it's a dream but I watch what happens to me... not afraid or anything just wondering what my mind is coming up with...

Anyway, I think that gives me some closure on that childhood episode. It makes more sense than other theories I have heard/had over the years.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I always have better luck after taking 20mg of oxycodone I have for my back with a 1mg xanax right when I go to bed.

Always works then, that nudge is all ya need

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

I too have dreams where I am 1st person and observing. I know what you mean, you don't have to explain it, its interesting.

And then there is just being an observer while looking through (1st) person, but just watching whats happening through someones eyes. What I mean is there were some instances that I believe I witnessed past lives.

I also had precognitive dreams and they have been important to nudging me in this direction otherwise I'd be found distracting myself somewhere and harboring some childish bitterness.
... But yes.. those precognitive dreams used to haunt me, it was a very confusing, stressful and I learned a lot quickly, because I was somewhat thrown into the concept of fate, which I still wrestle to understand entirely. I believe there are likely outcomes but not necessarily THE outcome.. planned events but plans change. But anyways, I saw up until my mid 30's I think and a bunch of events around the age of 20 and i'm guessing a year or more from now.. i'm 24 and i'm just coasting now waiting for the next ones to pop up. I had all the dreams when I was like 12 - 14 years old, got deja vu when I was 20 and remembered it all.

I'm uncomfortable with swimming in even a shallow lake where I can't touch the bottom and the shore is nowhere around. Water is not a comfortable element for me so I imagine the drowning dream was pretty rough. I used to be terrible with heights too until I started swinging from buildings. i've made a point to try and deal with all fear, I think I should go scuba diving.

Peace, thanks for posting. Sounds like you got some latent talent worth exploring.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mhinsey

I think as children our perceptions are unaltered. I often wonder if our childhood fears and experiences were fact based rather than fairy tale. When I was young I was terrified of the dark, I thought something resided under my bed. A monster I would tell my mother, who lived in the dark places. As a child, and sometimes as an adult, you do not have the language for what you want to describe. So you interpret it to something others can understand. Such as fear being a monster or you moving across space without evidence.

Fevers induce hallucinations however, when I was small I often spike 106 degrees. That brings up an entirely different element are hallucinations real. They are to the individual but do they mean?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I too, have had those dreams of being a human from a different time. I have also had lucid dreams of civilizations beyond this one. They lived beneath the ocean, and are not man nor animal. They do not speak but use their minds as a collective entity. Time and space are not a factor, you can think you are somewhere and be there. Breathing is not essential and gravity at this depth is no matter. I have also had dreams where humans have evolved and found the power within their own minds, not all, but some. In that dream there are laws however, that the Gods have set into place. You are not to pass certain boundaries of the universe where they reside. The perimeters are strict but all space before that line is fair game.
It is wonderful, my mind knows no limit, except I always find my way to the edge, on a mountain. Creatures I can not even begin to describe are chasing me up jagged peaks in blistering winds. The ice is so thick, the air is so thin. Then I wake up.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socio
In that dream there are laws however, that the Gods have set into place.

Hmmm....I say to hell with the Gods and it's time for an invasion force. Have you gotten a mental "boot to the head", so to speak, where they don't want you? That just increases my resolve to raid their picnic.

Overall, I'd say the only limits are the Gods you place upon yourself.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

" Astral travel is the dissolution of your ego, lucidity embraces the ego, OOBE's abandon your physical anchors and sleep paralysis is somewhere between dreaming, hallucinating and a cross over between mental brain states (whilst consciously being aware of your state of consciousness / unconsciousness)... Your body is asleep, but your mind is awake and buzzing. "

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've been doing this stuff more and more now... I just want to ask anyone who has been successful with this, a question.

Do any of you wake up completely DRENCHED in sweat? My pillow will be absolutely soaked, and my body is as if I had just stepped out of the shower. This never happens to me unless I have one of these projections.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I agree that these "Gods" or "Demons" if you will, may just be myself grasping on to what I can fathom. There is enough fear however to keep me from entering the unknown.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socio
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I agree that these "Gods" or "Demons" if you will, may just be myself grasping on to what I can fathom. There is enough fear however to keep me from entering the unknown.

Keep pushing anyway and you will make progress; the fear will subside as water sets stone against stone. It is that which is just begging to be conquered by being manifest as such. The gods/demons are our refusal, self-imposed by auto-conditioning, to acknowledge our actuality-- schisms wrought by forgetfulness and manifestations enlivened by internal strife.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

When I meditate I always dress down and put myself in an environment a few degrees colder then what is comfortable, reason being is I start to really heat up, especially with Qi Gong. If I was your Qi Gong teacher I'd say you have too much Yang Chi built up or something.

But anyways, as I do BELIEVE that is an energetically exerting act, astral projection that is, then I could see your body generating lots of heat.. think about all those fierce vibrations.

It's also a damn hot summer, a good one.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Gguys, does anyone have a link to the full version of the ebook Salvia Divinorum: Doorway to Thought-Free Awareness?
i would really appreciate if someone had a link to the full text of it.

thanks!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
ive been trying this, im close!!!

i remember when i was sick and was prescribed codeine syrup, that stuff will make u dream when your awake i swear! lol

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
WOW, U guys rule. I have been trying to project for awhile now. Just found out my porblem as mentioned on this thread.I would try to do it when i go to bed acoording to you guys that is a big NO NO. Any i got a few questions about astral projection. Anyone please feel free to comment to help me out.
1. Can you actually go in your buddies house or anyone's home like example John Trovolta, Carmen Electra's, Area 51? Or do u actually have to know the location of these places to go there?
2. Can u travel to the other side of the universe and see what is there?
3. Can you make friends with other entities?
4. I herd at this moment area 51 is protected by magic that not even and astral projectionist can not penetrate. Is that true?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I have actually astral projected and can tell you it is not something that is enjoyable. You feel your soul elevate from your body and you wonder if it will come back. The noise in the background can be described as a dull humming and makes you feel that you are getting ready to meet your maker. There was also a vulnerable feeling that you would get and it always felt like something bad was going to happen or something was going to get you. It always happened to me when I was trying to go to sleep and couldn't. It would be maybe 4:00 am in the morning that it would happen. I would freak out so much trying to get my soul to get back in my body. You lie there powerless and can't move or scream for help. When your soul does come back you feel extremely relieved. However, for whatever reason it always happened 2-5 times when it started each night. And everytime I came back I would be frightened that it would start again as tried to sleep.

At first when I did it I thought I was dreaming. I tried to figure out a way that would prove that I was not dreaming or just tripping out. My plan was to float out of my room and see what angle my old mans smokes were at. When I came back to my body I would go in the living room and see if the smokes were at the same angle. To my astonishment when I checked the angle it was exact, which proved I was not losing it.

I traveled about 20 times. After getting used to it or as much as possible, I tried to leave my house one day and went outside. I felt like I was playing with danger and that my soul could get lost if I went to far away from home, so I decided to come back. I am 36 now and haven't had it happen in a while. It seemed to happen more when I was around 16-25. It also seemed to happen when I was over tired. Well thats my two cents on astral traveling.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hornettec

OK words of advice now, please don't go into areas that are basically negative channels, such as underground faciliites and bases. They always detect you, never fail to detect you, and I've been told this by friends who have gone and witnessed some of the terrible harvesting is done to humans, and terrible experiments. If you ever experience this, even in dream time night time projections, please ask for help from Higher Self, or archangel help, Michael, to assist you and take you away. What can happen is when you return, that night or shortly after you may find yourself in a very negative abduction scenario.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm certainly not trying to derail or come off as a skeptic here....

I am pretty happy I stumbled across this thread though. I have been in the habit lately of getting up and hitting the snooze button every 30 minutes for a couple hours before I decide to get out of bed. University and work have been killing my sleep schedule. What interests me is that I have the most vivid and seemingly-long dreams during these 30 minute snoozes. I have never consciously tried to "astral project" during these snoozes, but I have tried something similar while meditating.

Since my discharge, I have picked up smoking [a plant
], not to escape or "dope out" all day, but to help relax, stimulate creativity and thought and to help stay on a regular sleep schedule. It really has been great and I wish the negative stigma could be removed. That is a whole different can of worms though. Point being is that I do not recollect many if any dreams during my main sleeping period. I have awoken aware that I was dreaming, but with no clue, not even a scrap of memory of what it was about. This is a common side effect of the plant's usage (close to bed time). I mention this in-case anyone has any knowledge on how this could interact/effect my dream cycle.

I'm wondering what makes you so certain that you are indeed astral projecting and not dreaming. There is little to no empirical evidence in this exact field of discussion, but I am curious as to how you know it is different. The physical effects could be attributed to a disrupted sleep cycle. You mention the lag/drowsiness dissipated as time went on, that is common for people who get used to a particular amount/cycle of sleep. I was trained for years, undergoing sleep deprivation for most of it.

As I mentioned, I do not wish to come off as fully skeptical or insulting, just looking for your insight. Thanks in advance.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know much about astral projection or meditation or anything of the sort, but it's interesting that I see this thread today, because the other night I had an interesting experience.

I went to sleep the night before last, very exhausted. I had been up til 3am the night before and had a very long day. On top of it I had a fair amount of very hot green chile, whish I've heard makes you dream more vividly (spicy food).

Anyway, I went to sleep and started dreaming the usual foggy dreams that make no sense, then I was dreaming that I was being given instructions on how to have lucid dreams by someone next to me. I was told that it might be kinda scary, but to let myself go. I then (still dreaming) sat upright and stepped into the most lucid dream I have had in years. It was a dream where everything seemed more real than here. It was real-time, with all the sounds, sights, smells, but more intense. I could fly in this reality, and seemed to have complete control over my faculties and whatever "self" I was inhabiting there. The besst thing was - I KNEW I was lucid dreaming.

As I woke up, I felt very disappointed that I was back in my heavy, painful body. I did not want to leave the dream so soon, and I felt like I had broken some unwritten rule of lucid dreaming by having something to eat there - I know, silly.

I would love to do this more often, but I'm afraid I'd get to liking it more than this crappy reality. Seriously.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have a buddy who is recently getting into Astral-projection and in doing so has also tried to convince me to try it as well. My question to him, is through his research has he come across any1 that has Astral Projected into say : Area 51, S4 .... Patterson... Dulce(any other D.U.M.B.).... or the bases on the dark side of the moon...?

I pose the same question here to the ATS/Astral Projection community..... ?

I have already obtained a pdf. of Ingo Swanns "Penetration"

But I want to know from say an amateur projector so to speak....

Thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
According to the OP'S hints and tips I have 'Astral Projected' many times. However, I always thought they were just lucid dreams... Is there a difference?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join