It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to Astral Project? Really bad? Here's some tips.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CloudDreamer

What specifically did you do to get out of the body? Please explain.

I think I have tried all of the techniques out there, read the books, the threads, watched videos, and yet I still can't get out of the body. I can feel the vibrations, the sound in my ears going on continuously, but that's it.
Yesterday I heard a strange bell sound in my left ear- it was like light ringing, never heard it before and it did not last long. most sounds I hear are more like static or wind going through my head.
After all of my attempts, I can't get any further past the vibrations in my body. What should I do? I have tried the awareness thing- being aware of the surroundings including the feelings in my body, inducing the vibrations, the rope technique, etc, etc with the same result... could you please give me some tips that can help me to get out of body? I am like one those hard cases of separation...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by betweentheworlds

Increase the frequency, try that. Its hard to distinguish between your body sense and "other body" sense...

I find the best way is to roll out.. almost like kicking your legs up in the air and rolling out.. if you feel you can't move your legs.. or any part of you, your awareness is still of your physical body.. if you did this projection from a waking state rather then sort of going through the sleep process then you may be more stuck... Like, I can paralyze my body all I want.. and even bring on a light buzz and make the ringing sound louder... but its not REALLY loud.. you can feel your mind, and you know it is still conscious / in the physical world.. your mind needs to feel of another world. When projecting the mind feels different.

So you could be in a more physical state then you realize..

just relax, don't worry, try imagining your moving somewhere, like imagine with your eyes open what it would look like if you lept out of bed, but try feeling this at the same time... the head is particularly "sticky"... it takes some tricks... either its a fear of "detachement".. you are either still to physical (increase the frequencies to move away from it, higher pitch sounds), or you're just confusing some senses.

What I find is I can often see ghost limbs moving around while the head feels stuck, I used to try and tear myself out and it would take alot out of me... but then I would just increase the frequency..relax the mind, let go of everything and freely just know and see myself sitting up or rolling out.

You'll be happy to know that once you get out the first time in your projection, you can keep getting out really easily until you decide to end it... either because you are in that frequency where seperation is now easy until its over.. or you've unlocked something, I don't know, only theories based on experience.

It could be fear, or confusion, you could be closer then you think... or farther away then you realize.. the mind must not still be physically minded.. that is to say.. you may see your room and it may look the same but if you see say... for example... your room-mate moving around, and he / she is there physically, then your mind is still physical, it can be deceiving... but likewise you can also see these people and they are not there in the physical but during the projection your associations change, and you believe them to be.

So its as much a mind thing as it is frequency / vibration, and the paralysis and sounds etc.

You'll have to figure it out, i can't say I'd know what to do without experiencing what you do.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

This is a great thread. My questions are as follows:

1. Do you have to wake up after sleeping to do this method? I mean, I can induce sleep paralysis before bed by flexing my pineal gland and staying still and just focusing on my breathing. Would it not be possible to just do it before I go to sleep at night once I get into sleep paralysis mode?

2. What are some symptoms you experience when astrally projecting? During the dream state/sleeping state I sometimes pull myself out of my body. I then hear this "whooshing" sound and I float, in a falling sense, yet I am floating and do not feel as if I am scared to fall (like you would if you were falling from a building, for example). I can feel wind as I float through the air and everything around me is black. I imagine going somewhere and then sometimes I end up there, sometimes I end up somewhere else. Other times I am almost awake from my sleep cycle so I wake up before the "emptiness" can turn into a location.

Do you, or anyone else, experience similar symptoms when astrally projecting? I'm just trying to get a feel for what I am experiencing. My OBE's normally happen spontaneously, so I am intrigued by this thread. I have also found this happens more when I meditate every day and very rarely if ever if I have not meditated in a long time.

Thanks,
SC

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

thanks for your response. I have tried to roll out many times, I am not really able to. I can't even say that any part of me gets out of the body in the process.

"Increase the frequency, try that. Its hard to distinguish between your body sense and "other body" sense... "
How do I increase the frequency for certain and develop the "other body sense??? I imagine the vibrations and can feel them going through my body like waves of energy. Mentally I tell myself that I am ready, and I am not afraid. I do visualizations too, almost like self hypnosis.

One time, I decided to induce the vibrations through a combination of precious stones and it it produced the most intense vibrations I ever had. That time I did not even try to get out. I was just amazed at the feeling and laid in bed experiencing it.
For those interested, I cleared by pillow with the energy of turquoise, then I put on rubies brooch facing my heart, lapis stones on the neck and forehead and around me and pearls somewhere else on my body. I had the most intense vibrations ever and thought I would "pop out", but unfortunately at that time I did not voluntarily "pop out". I thought my bed would turn over from the energy going through me. I am still amazed at what I felt- it was almost like an earthquake and I was the center of it. I could feel the vibrations going through my palms and passing on to my bed. I tried to repeat the experience, but the experience did get the same results.

So, I try rolling out, I am totally relaxed and my body feels numb. Yet I feel like I am stuck inside and can't get out...

[edit on 29-8-2010 by betweentheworlds]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

Well if you can induce sleep paralysis I'd say skip the sleeping part.

When the conditions are right, say I just woke up from a quick nap or something, I may feel and hear some of the vibrations still lingering... i hold on to them and try to amplify them and this way I go into sleep paralysis without even seemingly falling asleep or closing my eyes... when in fact I think I do.. its just that transition of physical eye vision to 3rd eye is so gradual.

So if you can bypass the sleep thing, go for it!

Symtoms.

Well, let me think.
Aside from getting stuck to things, going through objects.. actually thats an interesting one... say you put your hand to a door.. you put your expectation that it is a door.. that it is solid... and you won't be able to pass through it.. yet if you just imagine being on the other side you can be there.

I'd often feel harsh breathing like i'm suffocating but I think this is usually if i'm sleeping on my face! One projection experience I gathered alot of energy in meditation beforehand and it felt like my blood was boiling and bubbling, but no heat.. just that sensation... I could fly faster then light that time. I've felt wind on one occasion where I was flying low over a field.

The pop i've only heard once or twice, same with the rushing sound in the ears.. well i've heard that one more then a few times but mostly I bypass that or don't recall it.

I'm pretty much unaware of my senses alot of the time but when I wake up I can feel my body vibrating, awareness of my skull, pressure in the brain in a really cool kind of way... teeth are magnetised together it feels like, etc etc...

actually on the last instance I projected and could feel my 3rd eye with a lot of pressure, it was making my eyes squint and I was walking around and people were talking to me and I just couldn't pay attention to them because the pressure was so intense.

I've had one instance where I was like a floating formless ball it seemed, maybe I had a form... but what's interesting is I tried to yell and as I did it was really quiet and I felt as if it was draining my energy to do so... reminds me of the those ghost shows and EVPS... like I was producing a very low audible sound.

Well sounds like you got the hang of it, and have your own method, one that is more direct. I try to use that one if I can.. if you can do it at night, YES, do it.. I just say its easier in the morning but I have done it at night, once after like 5 hours of meditation though.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

To increase the frequency you only have to want it to happen, to will it to happen, as soon as you get the thought to even do it it seems it happens. The sound will sound less like a grinding loud noise and more like a high softer one... actually I recall the sound gets more quiet the closer you are to getting out.. or waking up.. so you can use that to guage it... if its loud, your locked right in still.

I don't know what else to really tell you, it would be like me holding your hand in a meditation and telling you how to interpret the thoughts in your mind. I just can't do it without experiencing it. Just keep trying is all I can say!

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So after initially reading this post, I instantly knew what the hum was. I asked several people I know, what it sounds like to them. No one knew what I was talking about. They all said they do not hear a hum. I asked, if they hear their heartbeat when all else is still, or a pulse in their head. They all answered, no...Maybe when I have just exercised really vigorously.

I guess I have just always assumed everyone heard and felt these things. Perhaps I underestimate my unity between mind and body.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I also always feel these things right before falling asleep, if everything is silent enough, I can hear them when I am in conscious state. I do not have to be asleep, sometimes I am in the middle of a yoga pose, if my breathing, body alignment, and mind set are all in unison, I can feel it then also.

Maybe it is not astral projection?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i have another question, once im in the paralysis state and start to feel the vibrations and they are increasing what should i expect once i leave my body? what type of changes should i expect like vision and senses, will it be more mental like a change in dimensions? i keep hearing people are scared and want to understand more on the details of your experiences thx

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Socio

When you can hear it while not projecting, they call that tinitis..when you can FEEL it in your body.. thats how you build up your energy awareness. Try laying on your back or sitting in a chair and just feeling the tingling throughout your body and mentally move it around... at first it seems like you are imagining things and its not doing anything, but after years, you'll go to sit down, decide to move that stuff around, feel your mind shift a little and hear the room crack, and you can get kind of dizzy, its powerful stuff. When I got back into Qi gong I was very dizzy, all that moving that "tingling" around. You can move it to sick part of your body and focu the intent of good health. Anything really...but its results are weak for most people or take a lot of time... its from building it up that you get something substantial out of it. I feel like a novice myself but still, my body is more sensitive and i've noticed many differences, changes in perception, health and I know I can't live any other way, because now I know better. That makes it hard to blame the external world when you better understand your mind-body system.

The ringing in your ear I suppose most people hear it, but its increasing it that brings you to the projection state.

My theory... you sleep and essentially you are in the ultimate state of rest, which is represented by the root chakra, the body, the survival, physical aspect of ourselves. There's no thought process involved in sleep. If we have to think about it, we're not that tired. All it is is an absolute letting go and submitting to a deep state of rest. You are essentially giving up the physical existence and as a result it allows our consciousness to roam - dream / and project and do whatever else. Be put under a deep hypnosis as well and start saying really interesting stuff we didn't know could come out of us. We have a fully working system, we just need to read the manual. It takes a certain mindset though.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Socio

Think about this.. you could be hearing a big web of energy coming from your body... you feel it vibrate subtely while you are awake and the more you relax / rest (sleep, the ultimate rest?).. the more you are aware of this feeling and the more energy builds up... and when you project the feeling and sound of it is amplified..as if you are building up energy to shoot out.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by fallinstar

Its different for everyone, I can't say. If you're scared then forget it. Get over the fear before you even try or your subconscious may not even let you. Its hard though when you have no idea what you are doing, but my opinion is that it is quite perfectly safe, just as safe as a dream... and so the worst thing that can happen is you SEE something scary? so what, how can an image hurt you? Even if you were to be hurt, pain is temporary.. even if you were to die..you'd probably get the ultimate astral projection.
I don't care about death, I don't give it much thought but I've concluded I only really fear the pain aspect of death.. and pain is temporary..

Use whatever thought process you can and kill the fear, then face the projection and take the next step towards exploring your mind. No rush, it will happen in time. It took me a couple years of wanting it to happen before it finaly did, and I had some fear, I got over it, and got to understand the projection process and from that I was able to do it more often.

These days I don't do it much because I don't really care, its the last thing on my mind these days.. infact my dreams are so long and vivid that when I wake up I'm not thinking of projecting.. I'm thinking I want to gather my mind and i'm thinking those dreams were too wierd for me to want to engage in something more intense... These days I usually just want to get my day goin'

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Just wanted to say I am a skeptic when it comes to this stuff, but, I tried your technique since I know an astral natural. I'm very jealous of her. I tried it today and It worked. I've been trying for years and your technique worked instantly.

I've never been able to control dreams nightmares and terrors or any subconscious areas of the mind. thanks to your technique I was not only able to project but to create surroundings.

I had no side effects after, In fact My mind felt sharper and more aware. As well I suffer from chronic migraines and have minor headaches constantly, I found after projecting my headache was duller than its been in years.

Thanks great work, I am no longer a skeptic in astral travel. There is so much of the human mind that is to be unlocked.

Xiamara

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

That was great thanks for sharing

Sounds like it was interesting for you.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
Just wanted to say I am a skeptic when it comes to this stuff, but, I tried your technique since I know an astral natural. I'm very jealous of her. I tried it today and It worked. I've been trying for years and your technique worked instantly.

I've never been able to control dreams nightmares and terrors or any subconscious areas of the mind. thanks to your technique I was not only able to project but to create surroundings.

I had no side effects after, In fact My mind felt sharper and more aware. As well I suffer from chronic migraines and have minor headaches constantly, I found after projecting my headache was duller than its been in years.

Thanks great work, I am no longer a skeptic in astral travel. There is so much of the human mind that is to be unlocked.

Xiamara

what technique are you referring to? there are so many that have been listed. which one worked for you? what/how did you do it?

thanks!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I also suffer from migraines. They came a few years back and I have one perpetually. I was offered many different pharmaceuticals, from antidepressants, painkillers, migraine meds, caffeine pills, codeine, Motrin, beta blockers, the list goes on. I have been doing my home work on magnesium. Our soils are depleted and many do not have adequate levels in our system. If you have time look it up, people are developing more and more migraines and a major symptom is magnesium deficiency.

I tonight have started taking a supplement, will let you know the outcome. I have a friend who says it takes a while to build up in your system. You want magnesium glycinate. If you suffer in torment as I do, it is worth a shot I say, can't harm you like all of the other methods. Also it is great for your heart, which is the leading killer of elderly.
But I am sure the people who give you info just may be the same people giving you the you the other garbage.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ringing in your ears is the frequency dying. I used to think that is what I was hearing, but it's not. It comes from within myself. I will let go of my fears and try. For over 2 years now I have attempted to block it, after reading this post I realize that I have astral projected. My eyesight is horrible, without glasses I can not see a thing. I used to stare at the lights in my room. The small green monitor light, the blue dvd player light, the little red fire alarm light, and the yellow tower light. Although all of the lights were small without my glasses, the focus was blown out. It would become all one color and a cloud would wash the room. I felt as if I could walk through the walls in my house because they didn't exist. I realize that it's all a mirage anyhow, and we are seeing what we have been trained to. Atoms take up such a fraction of space, yet we visualize it as entire surfaces. They are not really there. Perhaps my fear is, that once reality shifts, all that I have previously known will cease to exist.

I am gonna try though. Because I just have to know for sure.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I keep having projections now where I get thrown out hitting the wall. It's kind of amusing when it happens...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The one on the OP, but I have a few other techniques I've used in the past, such as visualization and projection as well as moving from toes to head slowly lifting yourself from your body. Normally I attempted before bed but actually doing it after sleeping and reaching REM helped. I've had to study sleep cycles for psychology and it makes sense that it would be easier to Astral project after since you can move through the sleep cycles faster each time you reach REM.

My own opinions on astrals now is that its all about how your body responds. My friend is a natural at astral projection and just falls asleep. I don't think you can force it but have to train for it.

reply to post by Socio

Thanks for the advice sadly I have very bad reactions to metals, in pill form and even in naturally occurring forms. So I have to stick with T3s and similar pain killer medications. I hope your medication treatment works

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join