It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about karma and revenge: The right thing for the wrong reason

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
That is EXACTLY what I've been thinking... and I had given it thought before, although not on such a level as now. I mean, is it all just one big vicious cycle?

That's the thing about Karma. It's neither benevolent or malevolent. It's what the people live that determine what Karma will present them with. Take our actions right out of it. We don't even have to worry about it. The universe will unfold as it should. That doesn't mean that we don't get # occasionally just because we are good. Everyone gets # eventually. That's life. It's how you deal with it as to how Karma is going to repay you.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thank you Tayesin! That is very sound advice and you are correct. I did give him all my power and when I knew I could get him back, I did feel powerful... I mean, that wasn't what I had in mind while I was doing all of this, but I wont deny it... thinking back on it, that's pretty much how I felt at the time. I genuinely was concerned about the children, but rage kept me going.

I have always been good at figuring people out. I almost never have a problem with it... I don't think I would go so far as to say that I read energies, but most of the time, I'm quick to catch on to a person. I just couldn't get him figured out and that should have been the first sign that I should stay away. He told me what he thought I wanted to hear. He made me believe I was exactly what I wanted him to be. The next time I can't figure someone out, I'll know good and well to stay away. Lesson learned the hard way!

And no, I'm not looking to be in a relationship any time soon. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and that there was a lesson or three in this whole experience for me. Quite a few of them I've figured out already and I'm sure there are more I'll figure out later.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Third, and I hate to have to lay this on you, but you may the "kind," again, for lack of a better word, you have an attraction to these abusive men.

I don't take this as an insult at all! I'm always asking my sister why I always attract the crazies, lol. So you haven't said anything that I haven't thought before, on my own. Honestly, I think I'm easy prey. I'm too nice, too forgiving... well, that may not be the best way to put it. I think we all should forgive, but I don't know... I don't let people use me as a door mat, but I suppose I do let people get by with an awful lot. It just sucks that it doesn't happen until I've fallen for the person I "think" they are and then by the time they decide to show their true colors, I'm already hooked and keep doing whatever it is I need to do to get them back to the way they were before, even though the way they were before isn't who they are anyway.

The sad thing is that I really thought this was the one. And the sadder part is that he was the first I let meet my kids. None of the other people I dated since my divorce a few years ago had gotten the privilege. That's one part that really bothers me. He was good to them though... I have to give him that much credit.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I have moved on now. Well, I've stopped trying every way in the world to get him arrested anyway. I'm done with that. He'll get what he's got coming to him.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cazzy2211

Everything and anything you do will come back on you. Positive begets positive and negative begets negative. Everyone will be rewarded and punished. Good deeds will be rewarded and the punishment will fit the crime, exactly. So for instance if you made somebody bite the curb, your teeth will grind the curb as well. If you go twain with somebody somebody will go twain with you. If people have caused you trauma, you will be awakened to what has happened in your life and they shall suffer the trauma in return. If you caused trauma, you will be traumatized. If you help awaken others, you will be awakened even more. If you lie about others, others will lie about you. If you are a rapist and a thief, you will be raped and things will be taken from you. Remember folks, if you can't take the heat then stay the hell out the kitchen. These rules apply to anyone and everyone. Aliens, humans, whomever. This world is very negative and positivity will be ushered in. Deception will cease to exist. Remember the punishment will fit the crime exactly and the "gold" will fit the reward. An eye for an eye is justice!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Just ask your angels next time if you want revenge,they will make sure you are satisfied with good results.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Actually, this probably will lead to several questions, but here we go...

I am a nice person. To be honest, I am too nice. Apparently I'm somewhat naive also, so keep this in mind while reading.

I have never been one to get revenge. I have always been one to be not easily angered, but if I do get mad, I do it, I cry, I get in a bad mood, I'm upset for a few hours or days... depending on the situation and then I get over it. Live and let live.

Well, very recently, I was in a relationship with a man that I was VERY good to. Honestly, I think I had been better to him than anyone ever had in his entire life. I treated him like an absolute king and would have done just about ANYTHING for him. The relationship started off great. I thought he was the man of my dreams. His family loved me and I cared a lot for them. I was in love with him. Absolutely in love. I did basically whatever he wanted me to do, but I liked to because it made me happy to make him happy. Things were great.

Little by little, things started to go down hill. He started acting differently towards me and basically only just wanted to see me when he needed something. I finally told him that I felt like I was just being used. Before, when we were helping each other equally, I would have never thought that, but it really had turned into a one-sided relationship. I knew something was up, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Long story short, this man that I had been so good to... had went out of my way, every single day to help, had been cheating on me with several women. I was mortified. The truth all came out one day when I showed up at his work and asked where he was and was told that he had just left with his girlfriend. Well, he had left with ONE of his girlfriends.

I immediately called him and yelled at him and called him everything in the book and then some. I told him I would be coming to pick up my stuff and it better be there and in good condition when I got there. He wouldn't see me face to face, so he left my things with his brother and took off to who knows where. I arrived at his brother's house with the intention of just getting my things and leaving, but his brother invited me in, told the children there to go play in their room, and for the next hour, while I sobbed my eyes out, his brother revealed things to me about the man I had dearly loved that absolutely blew my mind. This man had been living there with his brother until that day because on that day, just before I got there, they told him he was no longer welcome to live with them.

Turned out that the man I had loved so much and had put so much into had been in prison several times, had a rap sheet a mile long, was on parole and driving on a suspended license. He was still married to a woman he hadn't seen in years and had been seeing numerous women behind my back, and all for one reason... he was using us to get as much out of us as he could. When one of us caught on or was unable to help, he moved on. Of course his family had known about his past, but didn't speak of it to me because they truly thought he was a changed man, until that day when he showed up at their house with a girl who wasn't me, when he was supposed to be exclusively seeing me, and said he was seeing this girl so that she would pay his child support. Turned out that if he was even one day late on his child support, he was going straight back to prison. The family had been catching on too... they had been finding pill bottles around the house and knew that he was lying about where he was. I also found out that he owed them I don't even know how much money that he had been promising to pay back, but he kept telling them that his pay from his job was delayed. When he showed up with a new girl after they knew he was only supposed to be with me, it all came to a head and basically went to hell.

I found out later that night that he had treated another of his brother's the same way and had even been talking of making drug runs. There is a lot more to the story, but I think this will suffice.

So anyway, I lost it. I knew the guy was out driving around on a suspended license, on parole, on pills, with kids in his vehicle and I reported him to every possible agency I could report him to so that his ass would basically go straight back to prison ASAP! Now, it's true that he had already been in prison twice, once for attempted murder (geez, the things I get myself into!) and once for something that I'm not even sure of. He was endangering children by being under the influence of drugs while driving and was in violation of numerous other laws. I will admit that I DID call because of the kids. I was worried about them even though I only knew his son. I cared very much for his son and I thought he did too, but wow... he's a con artist. He could have made me believe anything. But, even though I reported him because of all these things and he was doing so many illegal things, the driving force behind it was anger and hurt over what he did to ME and I was absolutely determined to have him caught as soon as possible. I had never EVER been so hurt in my entire life by anyone, and I thought I'd seen it all! I don't feel bad about reporting him because he was endangering children, but it does bother me that hurt and anger were the main reasons. Make sense?

So, logically, I know that if he's caught (he may have been already) those children are safer and there will be one less drug dealer on the streets here. But spiritually and emotionally, it bothers me that I did it out of anger. I know the majority of you ATS'ers will think I'm nuts for feeling bad for reporting such a creep, so I kindly ask for mostly feedback from the more spiritual of us.

Will this come back on me? I mean, I know that if he found out, he could easily show up at my house and blow me a way, but I mean as far as karma goes? I feel like I did the right thing for the wrong reasons.

I also wonder if maybe the whole point of my relationship with him (in the big scheme of things) was for all this to happen so someone WOULD have him put away before he hurt someone... not sure about that. Just one of the many things that have gone through my head recently.

Thoughts? Advice?

I'm not scared of physical harm. I feel that I am protected and if he does do something to me, well, then that's just one more reason for him to be put away.

My advice to you is that I think you should date Immortalgemini527. He can help protect you, not that you are incapable of protecting yourself, just some added security that's all, and most importantly, he is honest, compassionate and loyal. Oh yeah, and you guys seem to be spiritually comparable in your spiritual forms, both your souls contrast well, meaning, you both are compatible as spirit twins.

You might want to check his current love life status. I'm thinking it might be open at the moment, but I'm not quite sure if it is or not.

edit on 24-1-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: left an ending off a sentence

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

gemineye, from what I see you like many other women have been hurt and when you got hurt you felt the need to return the discomfort. You felt the only way to return the discomfort was to cause him some discomfort. The thing is in reference to Karma. Yes what goes around comes around and for him cheating on you and not feeling your emotions IF YOU REALLY WERE TAKING CARE OF HIM AS YOU SAY, then he would of probably encountered another woman who would of hurt him and made him realize how important you where to him. Allowing you to distribute the Karma back on the same level (if thats what you wished) in relation to love issues if you were to ignore him and his wants. As far as you getting upset and calling the police into the pic. to basically cause him discomfort by ways of going to jail, its hard to say if you have built negative Karma from this. You did mention that he was riding with kids doing illegalstuff and that you called the police. Now as a personal question to yourself. Did you mention this to the police outta of fear for the children ONLY or was there any little ity bity piece of negativity in your heart when you called the police on him. If it was done only out of the compassion for the kids then I dont see any Karma involved returning to you on a negative level. But if you did it to discomfort him first and try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by paying him back some discomfort with protecting the kids and calling the police then internally you may have to deal with energy. I would assume most of your stresses would be related to missing him somewhat and IF and only IF you do miss him also being overwhwlmed with the feeling that you put him there...

Good Luck with your relations and I wouldnt worry too much about Karma comming at you so heavy for your actions. Just remember you may get lonley even if now since your mad you dont think. Again good luck and be strong. And make sure you check out your next friend a little better -k-

edit on 1/24/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

LOL! This was an older post... from back in the summer, I think. I'm actually in a relationship at the moment. Not sure where it's going. All seems well, but I definitely have some trust issues! I've learned a few things the hard way though and I'm really just trying to chill out and let this one happen... I guess the easiest way to put it would be that I've learned to play "hard to get" a little more than before, ha ha! We'll see where it goes.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If I was in charge of karma, I would be giving you a lot just for what you went through and what you have done.

Relationships are hard enough even when both partners are open and honest, to get one of the bad ones and hopefully prevent others from being hurt is a a huge karma booster in my opinion.

Well done, and I hope that you never go through anything like this again.. not everyone is like that person but sometimes you just have to go through a few of the bad ones to get to the good one that you deserve..

take care...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by LilDudeissocool

LOL! This was an older post... from back in the summer, I think. I'm actually in a relationship at the moment. Not sure where it's going. All seems well, but I definitely have some trust issues! I've learned a few things the hard way though and I'm really just trying to chill out and let this one happen... I guess the easiest way to put it would be that I've learned to play "hard to get" a little more than before, ha ha! We'll see where it goes.

Okay, well please keep an open mind about Immortalgemini527 nonetheless? That's one special DUDE!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Oh, Karma got me alright!!! This was an older post so things have had time to go around and come around, hehe. Thankfully, I've been through that, lol! It came back at me in the form of a stalker that absolutely would not leave me alone and offered to do anything and everything for me, even though I didn't want him to. It got old real fast. Actually, it was old from the beginning.

There were a few other things that happened later on that I attribute to Karma and my relentless effort to put this guy in jail. I'm over him though and I'm about two months into another relationship now. Things are ok for the most part, but I'm not attaching myself to this one like I did the other one. I don't care if it leads to marriage... I've learned my lesson the hard way and I've learned that giving is good, but giving for the wrong reasons is pointless. I gave and gave and gave to the ex I was talking about in this thread, basically because I didn't want him to leave me. I mean, I did want to be a good girlfriend and that was the ONLY reason I gave so much in the beginning, but in the end, it was so that I could "keep" him and have a reason to see him everyday. Stupid.

Honestly, these were lessons that I had already learned, but all that flew right out the window when he started acting all weird. All I could think about was keeping him. Fortunately, it really didn't take me long to get over him and I enjoyed being single for a few months. The guy I'm with right now has been great, so far, but no matter what happens, I'm not going to go insane and try to get revenge like I did before. Yes, I was worried about the children and that's one reason I called the cops. I loved his son very much... he was very sweet and mature, to have the father that he had, lol. He was such a great kid and I didn't want to see him get hurt. But like you said, I was also trying to kill two birds with one stone. Bad idea.

I have always truly truly believed that everything happens for a reason. It's beyond me why I try to stop what is happening from happening... I think I knew that the more I tried to control the situation, the more out-of-hand it would get, but that logic was lost to me when I started this thread, lol.

So, we'll see what happens with the guy I'm with now. If it doesn't last, I'll miss him, but so be it. I really hope it works out, but I killed the control freak in me, ha ha! If he wants to go elsewhere, then it's his loss. I'm a big girl and I'll survive and even be happy.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Karma has nothing to do with this. This was simply revenge, pure and simple.

Had he not cheated on you would you have called the authorities on him? If he was taking pills and had a suspended license but was monogamous and attentive to your needs would you have turned him in "for the children"? I'd bet you wouldn't. This has all the elements of the stereotypical scorned woman story.
edit on 24-1-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Karma has nothing to do with this. This was simply revenge, pure and simple.

Had he not cheated on you would you have called the authorities on him? If he was taking pills and had a suspended license but was monogamous and attentive to your needs would you have turned him in "for the children"? I'd bet you wouldn't. This has all the elements of the stereotypical scorned woman story.
edit on 24-1-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

Maybe being able to finally leave this codependent role cleared her head? People who are caught up in such a role cannot see things clearly. Codependency is a disease just like alcoholism.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thats whats up lil lady and I wish you the best it seems us men are as hard to figure out as you ladies lol but atleast we dont give up and keep giving it a try. You seem like good peepz so I dot think you will have that hard a time with the new guy just remember its ok to share your feelings but you dont got to put them all on the line. I learned this helps keep a healthy mindstate why at the same time not allowing another to dissapoint you for putting so much energy into them.

Be well and safe

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Hey, I wont deny it! LOL! This was an old post, and yep, I'll admit I wanted revenge. I was scorned... boy, was I ever! It was an internal battle though. I do try to do what's right, even when it kills me, but this was one of the very very few times in my life that I just flat out lost all sense of judgement. I really was worried about the children. I was very fond of his son and I hate it when kids are put into bad situations that they can't control. Don't know what happened to that guy, but I'll freely admit I got what I had coming to me and it didn't take long either. I'm ok though. I'm sure the whole thing was a learning experience for him too. I realize that now. It's amazing how much different you can feel about a situation when you're not raging mad, lmao!

I'm pretty sure he never did get put in jail, but if he did, it was on his own devices. I finally gave it up after a couple weeks. That was back in the summer though and seems like even longer than that. Now, life is moving on.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
Maybe being able to finally leave this codependent role cleared her head? People who are caught up in such a role cannot see things clearly.

I'm not sure her head is fully cleared at this point.

Codependency is a disease just like alcoholism.

Neither of those things are diseases, but that's a topic for a different day.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure he never did get put in jail, but if he did, it was on his own devices.

How do you know? Maybe he did end up in jail and maybe it was because of the phone calls you made out of scorn. How do you know what's best for someone else's children? Is it better for them to have a father present that has some personal issues or is it better for them to have no father figure present because he's in jail? Who are you to make decisions for other people's children?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
Maybe being able to finally leave this codependent role cleared her head? People who are caught up in such a role cannot see things clearly.

I'm not sure her head is fully cleared at this point.

You are trained and certified therapist, and she is on your caseload?

Codependency is a disease just like alcoholism.

Neither of those things are diseases, but that's a topic for a different day.

I guess you have just answered my question in the negative then.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure he never did get put in jail, but if he did, it was on his own devices.

How do you know? Maybe he did end up in jail and maybe it was because of the phone calls you made out of scorn. How do you know what's best for someone else's children? Is it better for them to have a father present that has some personal issues or is it better for them to have no father figure present because he's in jail? Who are you to make decisions for other people's children?

It seems you are projecting a bit of hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join