It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000 Citizens Violently Threatened By The State Of Indiana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

You are an advocate of violence against the innocent.

And you have the gall to call me delusional.

What's innocent at all about tax evasion? That's a crime and the victims are everyone else playing by the rules.

Mnemeth1, as I've said before, if you broke your arm you'd suggest ending the government as a solution.

Well, you know I have to give it to you this is a new low for you. Here you are blatantly ignoring a crime (tax evasion) and creating one out of thin air to serve your purpose of turning a conspiracy board into your own personal soapbox for anarchism.

You have shown clearly in other threads that you are not against violence at all actually but instead just want to be the one to commit the act. I love how also you equate all law enforcement actions with being violent. In fact usually it takes a separate crime (resisting arrest) for violence to be used, and you know what? Just like tax evasion, resisting arrest is an active choice made by the criminal to commit.

Stop pretending you have such a vaunted moral high ground here, it really is childish and your tantrums to be allowed to do whatever you want are getting quite tired.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

arent private corporations turning this country to crap right now? I still dont get how more would be any better.

I agree completely with this statement, however it seem you do not understand the difference between Capitalism and Corporatism. Capitalism was what founded our country's industry. Corporatism is what ran it into the ground.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

So get rid of all the corporate trash that is clogging this countries arteries and we should be back on solid ground, correct?

So how is abolishing government going to help anything? All we really need is a major overhaul.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

arent private corporations turning this country to crap right now? I still dont get how more would be any better.

I agree completely with this statement, however it seem you do not understand the difference between Capitalism and Corporatism. Capitalism was what founded our country's industry. Corporatism is what ran it into the ground.

Alright so without government how does one keep capitalism from turning into corporatism?

And don't say it naturally balances itself because in the United States before the age of corporate regulation there was the rise of some of the largest and most abusive corporations ever created like Standard Oil, the Chicago meat concerns, US Steel and the railroads.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

And don't say it naturally balances itself because in the United States before the age of corporate regulation there was the rise of some of the largest and most abusive corporations ever created like Standard Oil, the Chicago meat concerns, US Steel and the railroads.

Actually yes it does, when not interfered with. Never did I say we were ready for no government, just considerably less. All of the corporation, and most facets of government for that matter, are all financed and backed by the same group of people. Looking for the root cause of the problem? Follow the money. All of the big corporations, and the family dynasties such as the Morgans and the Rockefeller's were financed by the original banking cartel, the Rothschilds.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

Alright so without government how does one keep capitalism from turning into corporatism?

Corporatism necessarily requires government.

If you haven't figured out the government is a bunch of fascist thieves yet, there is no hope left for America.

How rich would McDonald Douglas be with out government.

How rich would Raytheon be without government.

How rich would Time Warner be without government.

How rich would any of the mega corporations be without government there to protect them, give them handouts, give them monopoly privileges, give them patent protections, give them low interest rates, give give give give.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So how is abolishing government going to help anything? All we really need is a major overhaul.

Precisely! But if we are going to attempt an overhaul, why not do so in such a way as to make government, well, efficient? At least as much as is possible.

Henry David Thoreau: "Government is, at best, an expedient." "However, some governments are always, and all governments are sometimes; in-expedient."

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Sounds like a wonderful plan to me. I thought for a minute that you might be advocating anarchy. No government at all would be a terrible thing IMHO, but they do not need all of the power that they have today. I can only think of five or six things that government should be doing. Roads, schools, healthcare (not that bull# that is on the plate right now), DEFENCE (not offence), fire stations, police, and maybe garbage detail (recycling).

MOTF!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

How rich would any of the mega corporations be without government there to protect them, give them handouts, give them monopoly privileges, give them patent protections, give them low interest rates, give give give give.

We need to abolish corporations in government, not government.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

We need to abolish corporations in government, not government.

MOTF!

It is logically impossible to have limited government.

The government is a monopoly in all aspects.

Monopolies always provide lower quality service at higher prices, always.

The government provides crap security services, crap schooling, junk medical care, crumby roads, and does nothing to improve our society beyond what the free market could provide.

The government has a monopoly on force. The government can arbitrarily decide how much it should take from you and what it will allow you to do. If a cop beats your face in, you must argue before the same government the cop works for. The government forces victims to pay for the costs of their assailant. If the government decides it wants all of your money and all of your land, it can take it. You have no way to appeal to a higher power.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

Corporatism necessarily requires government.

If you haven't figured out the government is a bunch of fascist thieves yet, there is no hope left for America.

How rich would McDonald Douglas be with out government.

How rich would Raytheon be without government.

How rich would Time Warner be without government.

Those (with the exception of Time Warner which really does not make sense as they would be far richer without government) are simply instances of defense companies, and of course without a department of defense they would not exist, you're making a circular argument.

However, without government, how rich would Standard Oil, AT&T, Microsoft, US Steel, Union Carbide, Dow Chemicals, British Petroleum, Hormel, Swift and Monsanto be? These companies would rule the world were it not for government intervention.

If the Industrial Revolution had been a purely Anarcho-Libertarian undertaking, we would all be owned by major corporations by now.

If you think the bankers are powerful today, look at people like Andrew Carnegie, Jay Gould, John Rockefeller, Jim Fisk, Cornelius Vanderbilt, James Hill and John Jacob Astor. These men were known as Robber Barons, the closest America has ever had to a ruling aristocracy and the dark side where unregulated business meets unbound greed.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Demoncreeper

Threat

A threat is an act of coercion wherein an act is proposed to elicit a negative response. It is a communicated intent to inflict harm or loss on another person. It is a crime in many jurisdictions. Libertarians hold that a palpable, immediate, and direct threat of aggression, embodied in the initiation of an overt act, is equivalent to aggression itself, and that proportionate defensive force would be justified in response to such a threat, if a clear and present danger exists.[1]

Arrest involves the use of violent threats and/or physical violence.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

wow... you're dumb. If you act like an asshole to the cops then yes it turns to violence. The only definition of violence that would be fit for everyone in this instance is "an unjust or unwarranted exertion of force or power, as against rights or laws" but only if the people were to rise up violently against paying income taxes.
fail

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Agreed, however if we start and continue fine tuning the trend, eventually we wouldnt need government at all, which would still be considered anarchy. All anarchy really is, is the exact opposite of a monarchy. Instead of one ruler for the masses, the masses each rule only one. Now THAT would truly be the Land of the Free!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Your post made me start wondering. How EXACTLY would your ideal society be run? The society where we dont have government?

I genually want to know. No bs.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I see a whole lot of slaves defending their master and some that vehemently dissent. Some of you love being enslaved apparently. Some of you have forgotten what made America great. Some of you never knew anything, nor do you care to, you only wish to fulfill a petty desire to pile on.

Is it ok for me to steal?
Can I come to your door and demand that you give me money?
If you refuse me, can I threaten you with assault, confiscate your property or imprison you?
I assume no one is moronic enough to answer yes to those questions.
So if it is wrong for me to do those things, why is it ok for the government to do it?
I'll sit back and watch the sheep fight cognitive dissonance, while they desperately search for any delusional justification for legalized theft and terrorism.

I leave you with this reality check -

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Smack]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

So are you saying that we should abolish taxes all together? Then what?

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by mnemeth1

Your post made me start wondering. How EXACTLY would your ideal society be run? The society where we dont have government?

I genually want to know. No bs.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I live in Indiana - I pay my taxes, keep everything else in good order. Good
thing as with my health I wouldn't last 2 days in jail.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Demoncreeper

Violence:

a : exertion of physical force so as to injure or abuse
b : an instance of violent treatment or procedure
: injury by or as if by distortion, infringement, or profanation : outrage

Since arrest involves the use of armed threats and physical force, we can say quite literally that people who do not pay their protection money face the violent use of force against their person.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

And that is all it is, if anyone would read Article one section one of their state constitution they would find this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indiana State Constitution
ARTICLE 1. Bill of Rights

Section 1. WE DECLARE, That all people are created equal; that they are endowed by their CREATOR with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that all power is inherent in the People; and that all free governments are, and of right ought to be, founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and well-being. For the advancement of these ends, the People have, at all times, an indefeasible right to alter and reform their government.

emphasis mine.

What do you people NOT GET. YOU are the government. Show up at the collection office and DEMAND they PROVE up their claim, show them the Article in the Bill of Rights and that you DO NOT CONSENT to this treatment as YOU are the governmental authority!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Stop this madness and stand up for yourselves, for the love of god, man!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I live in Indiana - I pay my taxes, keep everything else in good order. Good
thing as with my health I wouldn't last 2 days in jail.

Read above post I made!!!!!!

2nd line

[edit on 25-8-2010 by daddio]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join