It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000 Citizens Violently Threatened By The State Of Indiana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Implicit violence:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
I for one always appreciate the posts the OP comes up with. They are informative well intentioned and logical. Which is more than I can say for 90% of the posts/threads the rest of you come up with.

Also I'll start voluntarily paying taxes the day they come close to being a representative body for the republic in which I live. They don't come close to that. They are a body of oligarchist/fascist henchmen pushing an elite agenda that is only interested in my enslavement.

You just keep paying them to take away your rights genius. I know better.

Are you joking? This thread is all about hyperbole and completely false assertions. Saying his posts are "informative well intentioned and logical" is like announcing to everyone that you are a troll and love other trolls. He has said nothing like you described.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You are so obsessed with "violence" that I think you just need to grow up and start living in reality.

Crying and whining on the internet isn't going to change anything.

People didn't pay their taxes...they were sent warrants for their arrest...not a big deal to cry over. They should of payed their taxes...I pay mine...most people pay theirs...why are these 7000 people trying to steal services they didn't pay for?

You know what the most ironic thing is...your obsession with this "threat of violence" having to do with ANYTHING the government does is only helping reinforce that view. You just seem like a scared little person that is afraid of the big bad government.

There are those of us who are not afraid...maybe you should try it out sometime.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Grown ups don't solve problems by using violence.

That's what school children and young men do.

Perhaps you should "grow up" and quit advocating the use of guns to steal peoples money.

The scared person is you. I don't need a State to protect me or offer me crappy over-priced services. Isn't that the standard response to anarchy by statists? Fear? They claim the world would devolve into mad max and use fear to denounce a system of peace. So who is really scared? Me or you?

[edit on 25-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I dont for the life of me understand how one can prefer a situation where property is confiscated under duress and threat of imprisonment or murder over a situation that does not.

Is it as simple as "greater good" concern? The "greater good" of global military bases and bombs dropped on villages and mandated purchasing of products and of handing trillions to bankers and CEO's who should have been fired and propping up foreign governments and protecting CIA drug smuggling lanes etc...

It's perfectly acceptable to send in armored vehicles and troops and helicopters to collect a fraction of that expense from an elderly couple in the middle of nowhere. Explain that to me. It cost more to collect than the debt was worth. Explain that. How does that make sense? It is perfectly acceptable to let these people rot in prison until they die. That also costs more than the debt was worth. Explain that.

Explain why a man who never leaves his property, never purchases goods or services of any kind, has no connection to public roads or water or any utility line of any kind has to pay up for 'services' the government claims he makes use of.

In the latter case at least stop claiming it is a fee for 'services' because clearly it is not. Be honest about the manufactured debt of the federal reserve. Be honest and say it's perfectly fine to beat, rob, steal and kill to hand privately held property over to a tiny oligarchy for no other reason than the oligarchy is right and you are wrong.

Winters coming. Should I pay my tax bill or fill the oil tank? Maybe it wont be so cold this year and I should just bundle up? As long as the oligarchs get their money.

Come Spring they may not be ready to kick in my door and haul me off to prison but my tax bill will have doubled. How will I pay that?

It's always so horrible when those evil banks pile on the fees and interest and make phone calls requesting you pay. We have to all band together and fight that. But when the government does it we get "just pay your damn taxes" from the peanut gallery of slaves.

I've tried to understand you pro-tax big-gov people. I've looked at it from a value position just in hard numbers and it still doesnt make any sense. There is no return on the investment. You dont even break-even. It's as if we're all being forced to buy shares of Enron at gunpoint. And this is acceptable why? I want a real answer. Not some tripe about duty or neo-con garbage about patriotism or even lefty crap about welfare and equality. Because when you look at the numbers it's obviously not about what you would call "social justice" at all.

What's the real reason you support this system?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I live in Indiana, I pay my taxes, keep my car fully insured and registered, fish only with a license........Why? Because it's the right and lawful thing to do.
I've never been threatened by anyone for any reason. I have never even gotten a parking ticket, much less pulled over for a traffic viotation. I freely voted for my choice of candidate at all elections, and support the people selected. I"ve served on a jury, and would love to do so again.
If you don't like the laws of a state, or their level of taxing find a state you do like and live there. Indiana doesn't need you.
If you don't like the US government, there are more ways out than in, please exit quickly.
If you want to stay, be a good citizen and pay your taxes on time.

Why is that so hard and wrong?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Grown ups don't solve problems by using violence.

Like I said...time to start living in reality.

Perhaps you should "grow up" and quit advocating the use of guns to steal peoples money.

I'm advocating being a responsible individual and following the laws of the land.

You are advocating being a whiny little kid that refuses to play by the rules.

The scared person is you. I don't need a State to protect me or offer me crappy over-priced services.

Then why are you living in a country where this has ALWAYS been the case??? You are a big boy...pick up and move...it would be more respectable than crying over everything.

I hope you aren't a hypocrite and use any of these crappy services like the road system or the library.

OH...but wait...you are on the interent...which was developed at public universities and the military....with....*GASP*....tax payers dollars.

See...looks like you do like those crappy services.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You are advocating violent looting, lets not sugar coat your philosophy.

Your philosophy involves the use of firearms directed against innocent people that have harmed no one, nor have they damaged anyones property.

Since they haven't harmed anyone nor have they damaged anyones property, they do not deserve to have a State gun stuck in their face.

They don't deserve to be robbed at gun point so some monopoly men can provide them over-priced "services" and "protection"

[edit on 25-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrule

I'm afraid its you who is acting silly... After all, I'll put my 8 years of legal education and 3 years of practice up against your 4 any day. It's really a shame you are working for "big brother" now... The blind leading the blind...

-Lightrule

Oh brother.

The internet is nice. You can say or be anything you want in anonymity.

Your questions weren't answered because they had nothing to do with the alleged "violent" threats against 7000 Americans.

Congratulations. You've made it to be the first one on my ignore list. Not because I'm inept to keep up with you. In fact, I enjoy a good debate. Mostly because you don't seem to fathom what is truly going on.

It's nice to see ignorant pointing out ignorance. The blinders work both ways.

Your opinion is fine. I've said it before, if you believe it, it can't be wrong.

ATS is sometimes amazing for people claiming to be awake, yet are just clueless.

Issuing 7000 warrants is clearly a dumb idea, but it is in no way violent.
It was your "system" that processed the warrants, because that is how the "SUPER COMPUTER" works. There was probably very little human involvement in this issuance step. So prove the intent of violence.

Also, pay your taxes and follow the law. You will be fine. You can whine all you want. Move to another country if you find your laws oppressive.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well, I have something of a metaphor/parable that I generally use to explain "why things are" in my line of work, but it seems fitting here too.

The New Monkey
~Some scientists are conducting an experiment wherein they have three monkeys in a cage.
Inside the cage is a ladder. Hanging from the top of the cage over the ladder, is a banana.
From the time they are born, all the monkeys know is this: If we climb the ladder to get the banana, the men will spray us with a fire hose till we fall of the ladder. After a few years, they just stop trying to get what they want altogether...

One day, the scientists introduce a New Monkey into the cage. He makes his introductions, getting to know the other monkeys. After a day or so, his curiosity gets the best of him, and he asks about the banana. The others seem to be completely oblivious to it, not even seeming to acknowledge it's existence. So the New Monkey begins climbing the ladder while the men watch, fire hose ready.....

All at once the other monkeys grab him off the ladder and beat him within an inch of his life. When he regains consciousness , the new monkey asks the others "What the heck was that for!?" One of the other monkeys looks over at him, confused, he shrugs and says "Well, friend, thats the way it's always been around here...."

The point of this being, that some folk just dont know anything else and are so ingrained in their system that they cant see there is a better way, or even a different way.

The only thing i've seen here in way of a rebuttal, is : "just do it already! conform to the only thing we know! Stop asking questions, and Pay your damned taxes already! It's the only system we know, and therefore is the Right Thing to Do!"

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

mnemeth1.... I see your head is still up there.

Why do you post the same thread over and over? Sometimes the words change a little but the same agenda is always present. Just pay your taxes. Its not that hard. Your fariytell land that you moan over will never come to pass. I know the government is giving out the shaft these days, but thats just cause of all of the garbage that need to be taken out.

"Taxes are Violent"
"Gun in your face"
"Mafia"
"Threatened with violence"
"Stealing your money with violence"
"being looted at gunpoint"

WTF man do you have a pull string or something?

The wild west is over im sorry to say. It seems that you would have happier during that time.

So really advocate privitizing all the "crappy" services offered by the government? So you think that will somehow be cheaper than paying taxes?

You are a hiprocrate and a whiner... get over yourself and pay your damned taxes like everyone else.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Alarmist title: Check
Misleading and outrageous commentary: Check
Refusing to understand that these people were sent a bill and a late notice prior to warrants being issued: Check
Confusing a warrant with a beating: Check

Come on Mnemeth. You and I both know you're being intentionally alarmist about this. The only question I have is why you insist on doing so.. Are you being ironic and sarcastic and the rest of us just can't tell since it's in print? Are you really so confused about what happens when a warrant is issued that you honestly believe everyone gets violently attacked and arrested if a warrant is issued in their name? Which is it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

Depressing as all hell.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

The wild west is over im sorry to say. It seems that you would have happier during that time.

The wild west was peaceful - far more peaceful than the "wild east" of DC or Detroit.

The number of people murdered during the entire westward expansion of America was less than the number murdered in one major metropolitan city in a single year today.

The state has created the destruction through its welfare programs and its drug prohibitions. The state has destroyed the economy through its manipulation of interest rates and massive spending sprees. The state has destroyed everything good and wholesome and replaced it with everything violent and rotten.

And you love it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I wouldnt say that i love whats going on around me at the moment. I would have to say that some major changes need to be made, but the system that made america great is truly a good system. Most good systems need to be cleaned every once and again. You are delusional at best.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

You are an advocate of violence against the innocent.

And you have the gall to call me delusional.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Please do inform us of your magical system that trumps the current one we have? How EXACTLY will it work? Ill be waiting to hear.

Thanks in advance

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

So really advocate privatizing all the "crappy" services offered by the government? So you think that will somehow be cheaper than paying taxes?

Well if you want to go down that road, yes actually. Government interference notwithstanding, in a free market that is what happens. Quality goes up, price goes down. All thanks to two main factors: Competition, and free will.

I think it would most definitely cheaper, if for no other reason than we could all choose for ourselves what "services" we do, and do not want to purchase.

*eta* It isnt magic, it's called free market capitalism.
As for my ideas, i've stated them a few times in other threads.
I like to call it line item taxes, as a step in the right direction.

Simply put, your tax form would require some individual thought, because you choose how much to pay, and where you want the money to go.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by blood0fheroes]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by blood0fheroes]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Im still failing to see where all of this "violence" is coming from. Dont bother posting more definitions because we all know that is your way of skirting around the question. Arrest warrents are deffinately not violent. Stupid people cause violence.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

arent private corporations turning this country to crap right now? I still dont get how more would be any better.

MOTF!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join