It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1200 Architects And Engineers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Most of us who frequent this forum or have followed the 9/11 truth movement know that Architects and Engineers for Truth has garnered over 1200 signatures from professional engineers that support the claim the towers were brought down by explosives.

This may seem like a trivial number in terms of the greater scheme of things.

We see numbers in the trillions and billions being thrown around all the time. When you see the number "1200" - it's just a number. Kind of like seeing statistics on how many people are killed on America's roads every year. Seeing the numbers doesn't mean much and hardly provokes a reaction.

What provokes a reaction is reading a story, seeing a face, associating a person with the statistics.

In light of this, allow me to demonstrate what 1200 professional engineers actually looks like.

Patriots Question 9/11 has published an exhaustive list for us to peruse.

An example of just one engineer's backstory:

John Edward Anderson

BS ME, MS ME, PhD Astronautics, PE

Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering, University of Minnesota (23 years). Former Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Boston University (8 years). World-renowned expert on Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) systems analysis and design. Chaired four international conferences on PRT, lectured and gave courses widely in the U. S. and abroad on transit systems analysis and design. Founding President and Member, Board of Directors, Advanced Transit Association (ATRA). In his early career he worked for 12 years at the Honeywell Aeronautical Division on instrument design, autopilots, inertial navigation, and spacecraft development; and previously two years as an Aeronautical Research Scientist in the Structures Research Division, NASA, Langley Field, VA. Named Outstanding Inventor of 1989 for his patents on PRT. Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, cited for his work on PRT. Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Minnesota. Author and co-author of numerous journal articles on rapid transit system analysis and design. Author of Transit Systems Theory (1978), Magnetohydrodynamic Shock Waves (1963 M.I.T. Press).

John writes in a statement published by AE911:

"My own calculation showed that the buildings fell more quickly than possible considering momentum exchange in pancaking from floor to floor."

The list of engineers seems to scroll on for eternity.

Looking at the actual words, degrees, and faces of the engineers on that list sheds a whole new light on that number.

When someone says people who believe the buildings were brought down by explosives are nuts, they are saying every one of the professional engineers on this list is nuts.

That... is nuts.

Physics teacher, David Chandler, brings us yet another video demonstrating why the State theory of pancake collapse is ridiculous.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Did you pick him at random?

Because when I randomly pulled out a few AE911 members most were kitchen designers or interior decorators. Several were unemployed, including one whose only building design had been a temporary shed made out of hay bales.

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here comes the wave of ATSr's who are smarter than 1200 Degreed Architects and Engineers. S&F.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Where's a list of 1200 architects and engineers putting their names behind NIST, FEMA, and the Kean Commission? Doesn't exist.

This isn't even the only organization. There's Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, Firefighters for 9/11 Truth, Scholars for 9/11 Truth, Veterans for 9/11 Truth, Political Leaders for 9/11 Truth, Pilots for 9/11 Truth, Lawyers for 9/11 Truth, Medical Professionals for 9/11 Truth... and tons of other organizations that don't end in "...for 9/11 Truth."

AE911 has two tiers of petitioners from what I understand. Lay petitioners, and petitioners that are verified to be architects or engineers. These 1200 people are not the lay petitioners.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You have always bought up good points. I have been enjoying a lot of your threads recently ;-)

Anyway, it's one thing to tell someone on ATS they're nuts for believing 9/11 was controlled demolition, but it's another thing all together to call someone who knows exactly what they're talking about crazy. It's easy for some ATS members to dismiss the experts, but at the end of the day, it's what they've been doing for the vast majority of the careers :-/

And tbh 1200 is a lot when you look @ who they are. It's not like it's "1200 random dudes believe 9/11 was controlled demolition" but more like "1200 EXPERTS KNOW 9/11 was controlled demolition" which makes it even harder for me to understand how people still believe 2 planes did all that damage, because the experts do provide a lot of proof against such things.

But I s'pose people only listen to what they want to hear ;-)

Good thread anyway dude Star && Flag

(Edit for Goofy spelling & Punctuation)

[edit on 19 24uTuesday10 20 by vanhippi]

[edit on 19 24uTuesday10 20 by vanhippi]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I've heard this before, and I think its great, but what we going to do about it?

I think people feel something was fishy and deserves looking into, but mainstream is never going to push for it, and they are going to make it seem like its not an issue if we all sat infront of the white house. Its sad, but we lost. We lost big. All we can do is be aware, pay attention, and stand up the next time. Im sorry if you don't like my thought.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

John Edward Anderson

John writes in a statement published by AE911:

"My own calculation showed that the buildings fell more quickly than possible considering momentum exchange in pancaking from floor to floor."

The list of engineers seems to scroll on for eternity.

Where are those calculations? Everyone has calculations, yet none have submitted them for proper peer review.

When will the professionals at this forum submit their work?

Gage= Charlatan

Truthers= Snake Oil Purchase Agents!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Where did you find the names?

I looked at the site and it looks like a massive ad for their DVD... but the thing is, I don't see any names. I'm obviously missing them. Where'd you find them?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If a group of non professionals decide to start a site and discuss 9/11, it's not
taken too seriously.

If a group of educated and licensed professionals form a site to discuss
a particular aspect of 9/11 (building structure), that's pretty impressive.

When that group reaches over 1260 A&E's, that should open a few eyes.

Going further, when a group of professionals in a mass of 1260+ form
a group with collective views and CHALLENGE a government agency to
correct their mistakes, that is top dog.

When NIST is afraid to correct, release or discuss data with a group of
professionals, it highlights a very serious problem.

That site is growing very rapidly; just a few days ago the total A&E's were
1254. Now they are at 1262. Very impressive.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by turbofan]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

I looked at the site and it looks like a massive ad for their DVD... but the thing is, I don't see any names. I'm obviously missing them. Where'd you find them?

www.patriotsquestion911.com...

^ That's the link with the engineers. It was posted in the OP.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I am one of the 1200. After applying for membership I was asked to scan and submit my diploma. I assure you that people that request membership are screened. Some posters appear critical of an unemployed engineer's credentials. In this discipline you are typecast on your first job. It is not easy to transition from designing automotive transmissions to working for an oil company for example. This sets you up for job losses from time to time as economic cycles come and go. An unemployed engineer has just as much education as a working engineer.
The easiest way to attack those who defend the government story is to ask why bldg. 7 which was not hit by a plane failed in a classic freefall collapse. NIST failed to do so. Those not technically inclined might try to explain why three members of the commission claimed the investigation was a coverup as well as two lawyers with the commission.
Pools of molten iron not steel were found below foundation level. What happened to the investigation of heavy shorting of airline stocks. The trail led back to Buzzy Krongard, deputy director of the CIA and the trail went dead.
You can call Richard Gage a flake or whatever else you wish but there is no question Richard is a patriot, willing to stick his neck out for his beliefs. He presents only facts and is professional enough not to speculate on what he cannot prove. Things like who might have put explosives in the buildings are matters of conjecture. He only wants a re-investigation by an unbiased committee which is not what George Bush offered America. GW initially offered Kissinger if you can believe that.
When you get 1200 professional engineers questioning the official story, 3 commissioners claiming coverup as well as 2 lawyers and a host of uninvestigated issues like unusual stock trading patterns you have to conclude that Richard Gage is onto something.
Even if you are not technical person do yourself a favor and do your own investigation. There is plenty of information around. You just might surprise yourself by the information that is available but which never appears on the nightly news. The way you live out your future might just depend upon it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

An example of just one engineer's backstory:

John Edward Anderson

Let's not forget:

Dennis L. Lippert

Architect

Specialty:

I specialize in log and log integrated architecture.
I started out as a stained glass artist and went back to school and finished my architecture degree. I apprenticed in San Francisco, and moved back to my home town, Missoula. I still do stained glass in my spare time.

Wait ....

His personal statement:

Personal 9/11 Statement:

The way the buildings collapsed was more like a planned implosion rather than an impact such as a jet airliner.

www2.ae911truth.org...

Um... WHAT??

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

www2.ae911truth.org...

You have to click like you're going to sign the petition yourself to see everyone else who has already signed.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Nice post cayrichard...I had wondered what screening took place before someone could become a member...now I know!!

Yup sirrreee....I'd much rather take the word of an expert that has nothing to gain and everything to lose, than one of the muppets on here who speak up against ae911 from behind their little keyboards, devoid of any Architectural ability or knowledge whatsoever....

But remember cay, there are people here who know full well the truth...they choose( for whatever their reasons...)to deny the facts that clearly show what a murderous charade 9/11 actually was.....

[edit on 24-8-2010 by benoni]

And to the soccermom...

Funny... I didnt see ANY "massive ad for their DVD" at all.....wonder why you would say that???

[edit on 24-8-2010 by benoni]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayrichard
I am one of the 1200. After applying for membership I was asked to scan and submit my diploma. I assure you that people that request membership are screened.

Thank you for pointing this out to everyone.

It's sad that it has to come down to a show of numbers to get the point across to people, that people are so unable to reason for themselves. But for years "debunkers" asked "Where are all the experts that support this?"

Also for years now they have started coming out in bigger and bigger numbers. And the critical response has simply been to slander any and all of them and discount their professional opinions out of hand. You see the 1st reply to this thread was one such discrediting attempt. What you have just posted should shut this kind of garbage up, but if the last 10 years are any indication, people have no problem going on believing whatever is most comfortable for them.

And on that note, I don't agree with the poster above that this cause has been lost. I'm sure many people have already given up, many of them probably gave up back in 2001 at the sheer lack of critical thought in all the emotion of that time. But thousands and thousands of more people are just getting warmed up. Don't be discouraged. Political issues like this are always slow to gain momentum, because of the disturbing and sensitive nature of the implications they raise. And frankly, not all crayons are equally sharp in this vast country.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by VirginiaRisesYetAgain]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayrichard

I am one of the 1200.

Sorry to hear that.

After applying for membership I was asked to scan and submit my diploma.

Then where you asked how much you can give? Or if you can become a sustaining member. Hell, Gage even asks for airline mileage as donations!

The easiest way to attack those who defend the government story is to ask why bldg. 7 which was not hit by a plane failed in a classic freefall collapse.

Oh? Classic? Freefall? Not really. 3.25 seconds in free fall I believe.

NIST failed to do so.

No, you and your new friend Box Boy Gage have failed to submit ONE scientific paper for peer review to show the failure.

If you want to puff up your feathers for your High School Physics teacher, you should note that the collapse time for WTC7 has remained the same.

Those not technically inclined might try to explain why three members of the commission claimed the investigation was a coverup as well as two lawyers with the commission.

I will agree that several people supplied only enough info to cover their asses. This by no means prove that there were secret controlled demolition Ninjas planting bombs in 3 large skyscrapers.

Pools of molten iron not steel were found below foundation level.

Please proved the scientific analysis of the molten material witnessed.

What happened to the investigation of heavy shorting of airline stocks. The trail led back to Buzzy Krongard, deputy director of the CIA and the trail went dead.

perhaps this may assist you:

Buzzy

You can call Richard Gage a flake or whatever else you wish

Snake oil salesman & Charlatan fit him will.

but there is no question Richard is a patriot, willing to stick his neck out for his beliefs.

No, he sells lies and 1/2 truths. You bought them yourself it appears.

He presents only facts and is professional enough not to speculate on what he cannot prove.

Are you kidding? Have you sat through his 2 hour dreadful presentation? I have sir. He offers nothing of the sort. He accuses the Red Cross of being in on the destruction of WTC7. Yes the Red Cross.

Why don't you ask him about it. Why don't you ask him why after over a year, he fails to answer questions from one of his former members?

Open Letter to Richard Gage

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Six Sigma]

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

The only person selling snake oil here is you.

It gets old dissecting posts into 1000 pieces and then offering a bunch of smart-aleck commentary and demanding the whole puzzle be solved for you right now.

You come here and do this every day but how many people do you ever convince with your crap?

There are two sides to this issue. One of them is gaining momentum, the other one is losing it. If you can't figure out which is which, just show me where these 1200 engineers and architects were in 2001. I hope that makes things clear for you. Because that's all I care for you to realize at this point. You are FAILING.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hey sick...

for someone who detests the so-called"truther movement", you sure do keep an eye on them...!!

You and your cronies seem to have an endless supply of Anti "truther' material....

why would you bother when you dont accept any of their theories??

You love your name-calling too I see...

Dont worry....I understand your game...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaRisesYetAgain

The only person selling snake oil here is you.

www.urbandictionary.com...

look it up. tell me what I have got wrong.

It gets old dissecting posts into 1000 pieces and then offering a bunch of smart-aleck commentary and demanding the whole puzzle be solved for you right now.

Just getting my point across.

You come here and do this every day but how many people do you ever convince with your crap?

Not many, I would assume. My "crap" however is honest and well researched. I use facts. Truthers should do the same.

There are two sides to this issue. One of them is gaining momentum, the other one is losing it.

You got that right!

If you can't figure out which is which, just show me where these 1200 engineers and architects were in 2001. I hope that makes things clear for you. Because that's all I care for you to realize at this point. You are FAILING.

Wow.. I'm not sure where they were in 2001. Probably on the unemployment line?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by benoni

why would you bother when you dont accept any of their theories??

I will accept them... when they present them with sound science and have them peer reviewed.

Have you noticed not a one of them have?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join