It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmate-frying microwave pain blaster turret installed in US jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Inmate-frying microwave pain blaster turret installed in US jail

www.theregister.co.uk

A microwave "pain ray" energy weapon, deemed too controversial for US military use in Iraq, has nonetheless gone into service. A trial installation is in use at a prison in Los Angeles for the purpose of quelling fights among the inmates.

"We hope that this type of technology will either cause an inmate to stop an assault or lessen the severity of an assault by them being distracted by the pain as a result of the beam," Commander Bob Osborne of the LA County Sheriff's Department told the Los Angeles Daily News.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm sure this isn't the exact same weapon that was proposed controversially for deployment in Iraq, but a toned down variation. But sure enough a good sensationalist title gets us all reading...

So basically the weapon is supposed to feel like opening an oven door and feeling a blast of hot air in your face, which would make even the most hardened criminal recoil in shock.

The device is believed to eliminate the time delay that occurs when security have to assemble and dole out the usual beatings. This is achieved by a ceiling mounted CCTV camera which works in unison with the Microwave gun.

And so, slowly the frog boils, in the water he has come to call home.

I suspect this weapon will be deployed as a crowd control technique in the near future, I think that is totally within the realms of possibility. But first as you can imagine it must be trialled and tested, and who better than the guinea pigs of the US penal system?

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm sure this will never ever be abused, ever. And nor is it torture. Lets look up the definition of torture, shall we?

Torture
–noun
the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.

SEE! We're not getting information from them, so it isn't torture. We're just distracting them from fighting by lighting their skin on fire.

In conclusion, I think we need these devices on every street corner. If it's good enough for our prisoners, whom already get free healthcare and other services provided to them by the state (it's practically a day spa) then we should be afforded the same luxury.

A pain ray on every street corner would ensure that if somebody tried to mug you, they'd be too distracted with pain to follow through with it.

There's absolutely no potential for abuse with these things. None.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
with more in prison than china we lead the way in the manufacture of inmates.
now we can microwave them..and you bet- they have some for civilian crowd control too. and perhaps someday it can be a chip in you head to eradicate all those uncomfortable thoughts..gosh i hope so!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The thing excites the water molecules 1mm deep into the skin.A slathering of silicone lube would likely subdue it's effect considerably as well as grounded metallic clothing.
Just saying if they invent it someone invents a countermeasure. With microwaves it is not very hard to shield from them as any Faraday cage type config will ground them out before they can cause any damage. This is a shepards device for sheep ( or prisoners) who are not or can not prepared for the device.
AT LAST! a use for that tinfoil hat! LOL
FWIW one can take the magnetron from a microwave and tie it to a battery and bank of capacitors and make a fine EMP device( relevant aspects of this are removed) that will fry a car from 20ft and kill any other electronics for the same in the beam path. Within 5' it will cause severe trauma to soft tissue.
So yeah electronic weaponry is available but it's effectiveness is inverse square distance dependent and sheilding is easily made
N.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

Next we will see the outright banning of silicon lubricant across all US prisons.

Weren't there lots of rumours about microwave weapons being deployed in FEMA camps?

To Kaytagg I share your affinity for sarcasm particularly appropriate when it comes to the ridiculous let's face it

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Heres a few microwave weapons in action, these are the weapons considered for military deployment;

And if you have some more time to spend here

Looks like our mere speculation has already come to fruition. Crowd control techniques.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I suspect this weapon will be deployed as a crowd control technique in the near future, I think that is totally within the realms of possibility. But first as you can imagine it must be trialled and tested, and who better than the guinea pigs of the US penal system?

Accept in Crowd Control you have people like me that can take out your weapon with a good ol' fashioned .45 projectile!

Otherwise, this seems like a decent technique for use inside a prison. Prison is a very dangerous place, so anything that keeps the inmates from killing one another and keeps guards out of harms way is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The reason why they didn't want to use this on the war front is because by introducing this device the enemy may capture one or have one built and use it against us. So imagine an enemy attacking your position. As they are attacking or pulling you into your fighting positions they have a few of these put together and turn them on your position and keeps spraying it back and forth. As a defender you are being pushed out of or under into your fighting position because everytime you stick yourself up your getting burned and can't take the pain. While this is happening they enemy is attacking with small munitions and rockets. In essence, you can't defend yourself properly and the enemy is able to attack you and actually win.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'd rather this than multiple cracks across the skull with a baton or getting shot.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Because they are strictly LOS I would not mind them as they are easily defeated and somewhat of a toy weapon.Stay out of the LOS and lob a balloon of aluminum paint at the emitter and watch the result. As mentioned a damn good beating or a bullet are more threat.
Should they ever be deployed as I said it only takes one balloon of aluminum paint to screw the whole pooch for that device.
N.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
I'm sure this will never ever be abused, ever. And nor is it torture. Lets look up the definition of torture, shall we?

Torture
–noun
the act of inflicting excruciating pain, as punishment or revenge, as a means of getting a confession or information, or for sheer cruelty.

Hmmm .. Not looking for a confession... Not looking for information..... hmmm and it's not for cruelty.. It is to stop a specific action!!!!
So all of that time looking up the deffinition...EPIC FAIL!!!!

SEE! We're not getting information from them, so it isn't torture. We're just distracting them from fighting by lighting their skin on fire.

I am getitng the feeling that you find yourself ironic and humerous... Either couldn't be further from the truth.

Skin on fire -VS- Heat blast... Yours sounds so much better for an amnesty international video!!!

In conclusion, I think we need these devices on every street corner. If it's good enough for our prisoners, whom already get free healthcare and other services provided to them by the state (it's practically a day spa) then we should be afforded the same luxury.

Prison = day spa...... Hmmm, simply dilusional!
He is right... Most prisoners in the US don't want to leave... They are waiting at the gates to get admission. They are big fans of the words "give me that honey bunn or im taking that arse" I can see the attraction to all things caged and scary.

A pain ray on every street corner would ensure that if somebody tried to mug you, they'd be too distracted with pain to follow through with it.

There's absolutely no potential for abuse with these things. None.

Can you name something that DOESN'T have the potential for abuse?

new topics

top topics

join