It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to Use All Options to Stop Nuclear Iran, Israel in Favor of Strikes to Weaken Hizbullah, Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

US to Use All Options to Stop Nuclear Iran, Israel in Favor of Strikes to Weaken Hizbullah, Hamas

www.naharnet.com

Pentagon and U.S. government officials have uncovered an understanding between Washington and Tel Aviv that commits Israel not to undertake any unilateral military action against Iran in return for a U.S. pledge to abandon the policy of accepting a nuclear Iran and deal with Tehran as a nuclear military power, pan-Arab Al-Hayat newspaper said in a report published Tuesday.

Despite disagreement on several points in the scenarios of war, the report goes on to say, many experts and officials stil
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If true this is quite worrying.

This is a fundamental change in US policy... that so far seemed to accept a nuclear Iran....

Despite disagreement on several points in the scenarios of war, the report goes on to say, many experts and officials still agree on other points, including the idea of provoking war by attempting to inspect a ship in the Gulf waters or provoke Hizbullah into a gunbattle in Lebanon.

Inspection of ships... Castro said this would start WW3... and Iran said they would retaliate.

Provoking Hizbullah into a gunbattle in Lebanon... and what is happening now :

MTV: Hezbollah official killed in Bourj Abi Haidar clashes

Amal denies involvement in Bourj Abi Haidar clashes; LAF deploys to area

8:29pm Al-Jadeed: The armed clashes in Burj Abi Haidar are still ongoing.

8:01pm One person was killed and several others wounded in the ongoing armed clash between members from Hizbullah and others from the Association of Islamic Charitable Projects (Al-Ahbash) in Beirut's Burj Abi Haidar as gunmen started using RPGs.

7:13pm Sources to Naharnet: Intense machinegun fire erupted near the al-Ahbash mosque in the Beirut area of Burj Abu Haidar.

This could be a genuine fight or a paid for attack on Hezbollah by Saudi Arabia/Israel/US...

Because who really goes to a mosque with a bunch of machine guns and RPGs... if you're not there to start trouble?

And not to mention the US economy is still going down the drains... and the elite love war to help economies.

www.naharnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great find... good details . We all knew this is coming to pass. What determines the "strike" is what ever spin the put on the reason. Let us all hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Because who really goes to a mosque with a bunch of machine guns and RPGs... if you're not there to start trouble?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

sorry did I miss where they were in a mosque with machine guns?

can you provide me that link as I would like to read that in context

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BANANAMONTANA

Oh sorry they were NEAR a mosque.

And more update.

8:59pm Al-Jadeed: Mohammed Fawwaz, Hizbullah's official in Burj Abi Haidar, was killed as the army managed to contain the clashes.

8:55pm LBC: Two people were killed in Burj Abi Haidar and the army is trying to contain the clashes.

Here breaking news

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ever watch a news station and they present a story they're going to cover later on in the show...but it feels like Forever to get to the actual story.

This is what the Iran/Israel situation feels like. When is there going to be an attack? Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? Never.

Don't forget, ATS predicted the US would be invading Iran back in July.....of 2008.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Ever watch a news station and they present a story they're going to cover later on in the show...but it feels like Forever to get to the actual story.

This is what the Iran/Israel situation feels like. When is there going to be an attack? Tomorrow? Next week? Next year? Never.

Don't forget, ATS predicted the US would be invading Iran back in July.....of 2008.
Yeah,. so this is why I have lost all interest in the topic of this war with Iran,.
It would seem to be just a "Keep watching the news" tactic.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Doomsday Article Reflects Edginess On Iran
I came across this article the other day. Not sure if anyone posted it yet. Basically two different intelligence sources claim hezbollah and hamas will attack within two weeks.

I have lots of good videos that no one has posted but I can't figure out how. I click youtube video and it asks for the video number. Where do you find the video number? I'd appreciate the help thanks!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brisk002

You see ,.. this is what I am talking about,.
It is always JUST around the corner

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Pentagon and U.S. government officials have uncovered an understanding between Washington and Tel Aviv that commits Israel not to undertake any unilateral military action against Iran in return for a U.S. pledge to abandon the policy of accepting a nuclear Iran and deal with Tehran as a nuclear military power, pan-Arab Al-Hayat newspaper said in a report published Tuesday.

So this basically translates to:

America told Israel not to attack Iran and in return America would do it for them.

What a joke!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I really thought Israel would strike Iran before the nuclear plant was readied. Something is amiss here with US and Israel plans for Iraq - IMO I think the US wants WWIII and to wait seemed liked a better plan.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I know man reading this stuff pisses me off too. It feels like it will never happen. But the clock is ticking. This will not end without incident.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"While Israeli leaders are in favor of preemptive strikes to weaken Hizbullah and Hamas and perhaps Syria before attacking Iran, U.S. officials and experts prefer crushing the top of the pyramid – Iran -- and deal a heavy military blow to the Persian Gulf nation in the hope of shaking its ability to move and to sow fear among its allies who will recognize the fact that war is real and that the future of their presence is at stake if they choose to support Tehran. ?

U.S is always thinking big.

S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
^ LOL.

You skipped 09' altogether.. There were atleast 40.

new topics

top topics

join