It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Activity Watch 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
C-class flares are still not anything to worry about..just awesome to watch.

I hope we get some great images over this next week or so!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Really? That's not my opinion. I believe that there will be a further increase in earthquakes both in magnitude and frequency. Wouldn't suprise me of volcanic eruptions either within the week or so.
Solar activity will continue to increase.
Hence www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-9-2010 by jazz10 because: to add

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I went to your other thread, and I personally do think that our global society is headed for trouble due to our dependence on so many things. Your links on the first page of your thread are very interesting. Thank you for that.

But stop please, in regards to the sun. We are talking about two tiny sunspots...that's it. Even if they ramp up, it is not the end of the world. And yes, there are more active areas always just around the corner.

I really have respect for others views, including your beliefs, but this is nothing compared to both the past, and the future. Here is an awesome picture of the Sun back in 2001. Look at it...I remember looking at it first-hand when it was going on. Did the Earth die then, or society...NO!

Maybe we will have more eq's and other Natural events pop up..but if you really can predict that the sun is going to blast us next week and cause massive earth damage and paradigm shifts, then you really should either open your own Psychic Network Hotline, or go work for NASA, USGS, or NOAA.

I stick to hard data, because I am very empathic, and at times I do feel that events are coming that will shake our society, but I see no reason to call for DOOM just because the Pope is in England or that there are two, rather boring sun spots. It worries me often, especially as I am a father of four. So, for me, sticking to data helps to overcome the sense of impending doom that so many empaths have. Maybe your dreams indicate that you are also an empath.

Please do share any of your views that you want, but it does seem like you have a full-blown GLOOM agenda.

And if I do not agree with your DOOM view point, let's debate that point as much as you like, but without taking it personally.

Peace be with you!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a03470aeb5a5.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 16-9-2010 by lasertaglover because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Gloom and doom I'm merely trying to point out to others the connection between biblical events and events that's happening today. Also how they are in order.
Its doom and gloom but not for everyone. Those that have manipulated will hurt most.
You seem to forget that back in the days if there was a slight quake or aurora they would have nothing to compare to and would have thought the world was going to end.
Doom and gloom will happen but it doesn't stop therer imo. Things will get better after the bad is gone.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I am not big into Christian Bible debate after a strict and painful bible upbringing..but:

James 4:14 (King James Version)

Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

and:

Revelation 5:1-3 (New International Version)

Revelation 5
The Scroll and the Lamb
1Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. 2And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, "Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?" 3But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it."

There might be signs that you believe in, but the Bible kinda makes it clear that no one on Earth shall know of the end of days.

So, contrary to what the bible says, you think you know better?

An besides..it also says:

Matthew 6:34 (New International Version)
34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Stop worrying is the message from the bible, not looking at solar activity and comparing it to the bowls.

Peace be with you...and again, I am so looking forward to seeing some cool images this week.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I stand corrected.
I like you.

Please forgive me if you and others feel I'm predicting doom and gloom but I'm prepared for that but I've got my eyes firmly focused on what follows.
Understand that I'm what you would call one of those that sat on the fence. However I now believe whole heartedly although I still get a bit lost in understanding. I'm still learning.
But feel I'm on the right path.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Sun is seeing some action finally!

Sunspot 1108 is buzzing with B and C class Solar Flares (those kind do not do much, other than looking cool).

Here is a reminder of Solar Flare Definitions:

"A solar flare is an explosion on the Sun that happens when energy stored in twisted magnetic fields (usually above sunspots) is suddenly released. Flares produce a burst of radiation across the electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves to x-rays and gamma-rays. [more information]

Scientists classify solar flares according to their x-ray brightness in the wavelength range 1 to 8 Angstroms. There are 3 categories: X-class flares are big; they are major events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms. M-class flares are medium-sized; they can cause brief radio blackouts that affect Earth's polar regions. Minor radiation storms sometimes follow an M-class flare. Compared to X- and M-class events, C-class flares are small with few noticeable consequences here on Earth."

spaceweather.com...

And a cool view from yesterday of both Sunspots 1106 and 1108:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5684a7d3259.jpg[/atsimg]

www.solarcycle24.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

wow thanks for that!! im guessing those flares are the size of earth or more! watched something on discovery about solar flares bien made by magnetic feilds getting tangled up with each other and streaching and breaking and that causes a huge explosion between the positive and negative fields colliding..... something along those lines anyway!

i find this subject very interesting.

thanks for keeping us informed and updated

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

My pleasure! I think the Sun is absolutely amazing to study and watch.

To be honest, I am really looking forward to Solar Maximum in 2013, even though it is going to be an average one. I was hardcore into earthquake and hurricane tracking during the last maximum and was barely aware of the sun except for knowing when to put sunscreen on (lol), so I am super geeked to be watching this one.

Since C-class flares really do not do anything to us here, I currently hope that 1108 just lets them rip!

By the way, I have found that a lot of people in general who are interested in Solar Activity, are also interested in tracking Earth related forces as well, so here are a few links to some other great ATS threads:

Hurricane Watch 2010 (my personal favorite)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Quake Watch 2010

Volcano watch 2010

Whats going on at yellowstone?

Solar Activity and Earthquakes

Thanks for posting!

edit on 17-9-2010 by lasertaglover because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So would it be fair to say that you, like me think there is a connection between the Sun's activity and Earth geological activities?
If I'm right in thinking you that you think like me then I would say you do.
Cool Avatar I like it too was gonna use it as an avatar too. You like the one that was seen before that one too on spaceweather. I couldn't find it either. Lol
I would go as far as saying sceensaver too on pc or mobile.
Tell me if I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I did notice a small thing that might be of interest just now...the chance for a M-Class flare has gone up somewhat:

SPACE WEATHER
NOAA Forecasts

Updated at: 2010 Sep 17 2201 UTC
FLARE 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
CLASS M 25 % 25 %
CLASS X 01 % 01 %

spaceweather.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Yeah I noticed that too.
Here's a link for another site that may be of interest?
www.solarcycle24.com
That's if you aint got it already.

One more thing to you and anyone else, headaches? Anyone else getting them?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Yes I get shocking headaches that go for days, but I often associate it with it happening a week or so before a 7+ earthquake.
Also, here is another solar activity site: www.solen.info...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

How many of you have had headaches recently. Maybe not pounding but they're there. More of a tension headache. Also any of you know anyone who suffers from epilepsy?
My sisters attacks are on a yearly basis. Of topic? Not really because her last three had came within a few days of bigger flares. Her last was after the one around 911.
Next time there is a large flare I would appreciate any feedback from anyone suffering headaches and epileptic fits.
I'm not saying its definately connected but if there's significant feedback that points to a potential cause then maybe, just maybe some of us could warn sufferes and their carers etc to be prepared.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've been feeling headachy this past week. A couple of friends also and my daughter also have had headaches.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

thanks for the links, im also very interested to watch what mother nature has to show to us too!! esp earthquakes and volcano's, those would be on my top list!
ever since i was small iv bien fasinated with space and planets and mother nature itself, when i was 9 i was able to name all the planets in order

the sun is a seriously powerfull body that i dont think is study'd that much compared to other things like planets and space, it might be just i dont really hear that much of it.... great to have a thread like this

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
spaceweather.com/ is calling this new sunspot (1108) "one of the biggest sunspots of new Solar Cycle 24" which should be interesting. Like others, I have been watching the sun cycles for awhile and I remember how active cycle 23 was. The sun right now does not compare to the peak of 23 by a long shot, but for some reason I get the feeling this cycle is just different.

It seems in this cycle any time there is magnetic events on the sun we get Earth events shortly after. The timing of the events does not even coincide with when the charged particles arrive so I don't know what the relationship would be should the sun and Earth changes be linked.

If this observation I have seen holds any weight, we can expect an increase in earthquakes toward the end of this week and into next weekend. I mean an increase of 6+ magnitude quakes and maybe a 3 or 4 in a place that normally does not get them.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Thank you for your kind words. I love watching and tracking the sun, and anything else that could possibly effect us on Earth in anyway.

Sunspot 1108 is really getting big, and they are still saying a 25% of M-class flares.

Here is a cool photo from Space Weather and a part of the caption:

"Rogerio Marcon took the picture yesterday from his backyard observatory in Campinas, Brasil. Although the sunspot is big---the primary core is twice as wide as Earth--it has not yet produced any significant eruptions, only a smattering of B-flares and one C-class event. The quiet may be temporary. The sunspot's magnetic field harbors energy for major activity. NOAA forecasters estimate a 25% chance of an M-flare during the next 24 hours."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0fa77626f63.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
cool pic!!

just wondering, IF a M or X class flare was to be directed at earth and scientists were to spot it, would they tell the public or media about it to prepare people or would the hold the info themselves and prepare/expect it and not tell the public untill after it happens? asuming the communication satalites survive it!??

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Couple of things...there are enough observersation groups around the planet, besides regular people with solar telescope filters that are watching, that any event would be public notice fairly quickly. I don't believe it would be pssobile to black-out this kind of news.

Second, it would take a direct shot from a strong X-class to really do much to us. From my readings, and I might be wrong here (so, lurkers, please correct me if I am), because of the type of energy that flares release, it would affect communication signals, more than the electronics themselves. Earth directed, and strong CME's are worrying in regards to satellites and other electronics, but X-class flares can cause radio transmission issues and radiation storms.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join