It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Academician: "Aliens exist, but also have weaknesses"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

you're correct....it's a 50/50 that stephen is right about his claims.

Just like the national enquirer has a 50/50 chance to get their things right. Thats because when it comes to facts, you're either right, or you're wrong. 50/50

In my opinion, for any individual to decide who he or she wants to agree with, they must first consider the source.

Stephen Hawking is a guy who said "if the universe is infinite, so must be the possibilities"

That's just asinine. Infinite space has nothing to do with infinite possibilities.

That, among many other things, that Hawking has claimed, make me shiver that people actually listen to him.

So, for me, considering the source, Hawking, i tend to disagree with just about everything he says, unless he can prove me wrong, in which case im willing to listen.

So far though...he's ignored all my emails asking him to explain how he has reached some of the most "pulled out of my ass" comments in human history.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Nice find. S&F.

Ufology is complex...Someone with credibility ( anyone here can agree that it's a rarity in this field ) isn't credible after 39 years of study...

Wait...what ?

Poor guy is going to have to show research, pictures and videos which will be debunked. Heck, in a lot of people's minds, it already is...

I have come to believe that the only acceptable "fact, evidence & proof" will be an all out worldwide exposure in our skies, ships landing...

Anything less...is just hearsay and fantasy...

Sad...

But then again...it's just my opinion. OP, once again, nice find.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
...a potentially higher intelligence maybe more rationale then human beings, are capable of observing, multiplying physical and spiritual economies via following Akashic Records.

'Sirian'/subscious translation:
'...omnipotent... oh, really -- what have you been eating? I repeat, what have you been eating? Oh, I make a mistake here? I was interrupted in thought* here... what have you been eating? would you please ever believe?'

*Akashic Record: K|no|w interrupting in thought

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If anyone has the technology to travel across the universe, I assume they already passed the "singularity" point. With other words, we could be for them as intelligent as cows compared to us.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Until we meet or "get" an Alien, we have not chance of even nearly guessing what they would be like and what they want. Anything in this direction is pure speculation, unless the person commenting has REAL experience with ET´s-

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by camaro68ss

you're correct....it's a 50/50 that stephen is right about his claims.

Just like the national enquirer has a 50/50 chance to get their things right. Thats because when it comes to facts, you're either right, or you're wrong. 50/50

In my opinion, for any individual to decide who he or she wants to agree with, they must first consider the source.

Stephen Hawking is a guy who said "if the universe is infinite, so must be the possibilities"

That's just asinine. Infinite space has nothing to do with infinite possibilities.

That, among many other things, that Hawking has claimed, make me shiver that people actually listen to him.

So, for me, considering the source, Hawking, i tend to disagree with just about everything he says, unless he can prove me wrong, in which case im willing to listen.

So far though...he's ignored all my emails asking him to explain how he has reached some of the most "pulled out of my ass" comments in human history.

I would have to agree to disagree with you on that one. If the univers was infinite how can the univers not have infinite Possibilities. If you had infinite time in an infinite univers your only out come would be infinite Possibilities. its hard to fathom but it would make sence to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

SO glad to hear this news, there are astronomers, scientists, and the like out there who DO have the integrity and open minds and hearts to tackle this subject without fear or negative behaviors and that is a great sign, because the very foundation of our 'science' and modern philosophy are greatly being shaken and will be shaken to the core as the 'CONTACT' with human civilization becomes more and more evident and observable to the masses.

IF you are going to be in fear, scared that contacting other beings will result in your death or something.. you really need to do some healing, some cultivation and positive energy work whether it be meditation, or doing random acts of kindness, or finding ways to help your community, family and friends.

WE must raise our consciousness to meet and greet the benevolent beings who HAVE transcended war and disease, who HAVE even transcended the confines of the physical domain (3rd density)

Those of you who understand what it is I speak of I commend you and I encourage all of you to reach to the infinity for your dreams are potentially manifesting before your very eyes. WE have the power to make great positive changes when we work TOGETHER as a UNITY CONSCIOUSNESS grid of intention, etc. It IS very very simple in truth. WE make things way too complicated with our modern-societal tendencies and programs. BREAK out of the habits and programs that NO longer SERVE the planet, the positive progress, and your own self!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by orazio]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by orazio

Well said my friend, agreed completely!

The problem with "proof" is that, it's very different for every person. For instance I've personally seen and have had experiences with these UFO/ET, but try to convince others that they're real .... is a tough sell. My wife has no problem accepting it, including some of my friends, my words enough!

But for others they need some sort of proof... that may not be required for me to consider this a fact. I guess, the ONLY true proof that can not get debunked is... Experience... it is one of a kind and once you know it... you know it! You will no longer require "proof", as your experience is the strongest proof you can ever have.

Sorry guys, i can't share MY experience with you all, since most would just take it as simple words.... it is something YOU need to experience, to come to accept it. Until that day comes... have open mind to such subject and do give a little bit of "respect" to those that jeopardize their entire life/career and future, just trying to HELP YOU open your mind.

Until the day comes where YOU can personally experience this event, consider what these people risking their lives to share with you as "plausible", specially when they're NOT gaining anything from it (money, fame, etc..)

Just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
A few points:

1.) Stephen Hawking has said some of the stupidest crap i've ever heard, so i have to agree with this astronomer at least on the theoretical point that *IF* aliens have or ever will visit earth, it won't be to wipe us out.

Exactly right. A society capable of interstellar travel is simply going to have much better things to do with their time, and will have access to unlimited resources anyway; space is a really rich place, if you know how to harvest it.

2.) This guy has nothing but a theory. There is no fact to back up his claims, there is no science behind this at all. It's some schmuck with a fancy title making claims with nothing to back it up.

He doesn't have a theory. he doesn't even have a hypothesis. he has an opinion. Let's not feed the doofuses who think "theory" is the same thing as "hunch," kay?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Here is an article I found about the thing with Wang Sichou www.--.com...

I just remember reading about this observatory how they recorded 30 minutes of a UFO with erratic behavior. The video has yet to be released to the public as they said they were going to do in depth research on the footage beforehand... hm
"Editors note: The Purple Mountain Observatory was the station that observed the now well known UFO during last years eclipse. The entire text of the speech by Wang Sichau clearly shows that the stuff we have been saying about China and other places regarding UFOs over the last few years is not just 'made up tabloid news' but fact and those that critisise this publication are the know nothings who have bought into the West's cover-up on this topic-sources on request-M Cohen)"

[edit on 24-8-2010 by orazio]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

my thoughts are...if aliens have esp and can read our minds we could be in a bit of trouble there, no matter how weak they are..what are your thoughts on that matter??

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

stephen hawkings should stick to what he knows best-whatever that is-does anyone really know what he is good at??

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The Academician believes like so many others.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by orazio

Very cool, thanks for the link orazio. I speculated that the government is not yet releasing all these videos/photos... my assumption is that they're waiting for a certain time to show this, reason is unknown. One thing is for sure, the disclosure is in process, maybe not in USA but rest of the world. I can't help but to note 2012 is just around the corner.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jazabel51

lol, good point. They're probably can telepathically communicate (like many animals do), but I'm assuming even if they can read our mind, they won't understand a thing. I would assume it would like me reading the thoughts of my dogs brain. Probably a foreign language or different frequencies to them!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

well then my next thought would be they can read our intentions--like would i walk into a lions den to spread love and peace??

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I really hope that aliens have weaknesses just like us...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jazabel51

It wouldn't matter at all if aliens had ESP.

To travel the stars, they would have a technological level so far beyond us, that wiping out human existance would be a menial task.

So, our only real hope, upon encountering aliens, is that they are friendly...or at least curious enough to give us time to adapt.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
The problem with "proof" is that, it's very different for every person.

Sure, but evidence trumps things that can convince people ("proof"). Youtube videos can be taken as proof but are hardly considered objective evidence.

I guess, the ONLY true proof that can not get debunked is... Experience... it is one of a kind and once you know it... you know it! You will no longer require "proof", as your experience is the strongest proof you can ever have.

That's the easiest to "debunk". Subjective experience has no objective value. Some people have the experience that convinces them that they are Napoleon or even the messiah. Such experience doesn't constitute evidence or proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

I guess, the ONLY true proof that can not get debunked is... Experience... it is one of a kind and once you know it... you know it! You will no longer require "proof", as your experience is the strongest proof you can ever have.

That's the easiest to "debunk". Subjective experience has no objective value. Some people have the experience that convinces them that they are Napoleon or even the messiah. Such experience doesn't constitute evidence or proof.

Fair enough, but also the personal experience is enough for them to accept this as part of who they are... be it good or bad! Either way, people will act on it and that will influence the culture all around them to also "find themselves" (personal experience) so that they can live by their own accord. If one changes their perspective, then wouldn't others also change their perspective? (Social Deviation)

Keep in mind, in my little world, people would choose what is "good" or "peaceful" then if the rest of the world would also find that harmonious and on par with their natural ways (souls way) we might, just might be able to turn this world around, from what it is today (greed, hate, war, sadness, etc..) to a world full of LIFE and happiness and joy.

Also I personally think this is what the ETs are waiting on, maybe thousands or even millions of years ahead of us, they must have learned the true way of existence... we weren't design to kill one another or hate one another, we are in our natural form designed to evolve WITH support and love of none another. Otherwise we will be destroying ourselves, like a cancer cell destroying all the healthy cells.... after all... we're all living cells of God!

So be it proof or not, the personal experience is by far the most powerful inspiration we all can have... a hope for a change....

[edit on 25-8-2010 by freighttrain]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join