It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Academician: "Aliens exist, but also have weaknesses"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Academician: "Aliens exist, but also have weaknesses"

english.peopledaily.com.cn

Wang Sichao, a researcher and planetary astronomer at the Purple Hills Observatory of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, said that he believes extraterrestrial beings do exist and their UFOs have the ability to visit our earth. However, he disagrees with British scientist Stephen Hawking, who believes an encounter with aliens would spell disaster to human beings.

Wang has done the astronomical observation work for 39 years and he publicized his opinion on a science forum held in Guangzhou today.

Wang also found that in the terrestrial space between the height of 130 kilometers and 1,500
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.comhaha.com
www.theepochtimes.com
www.whalesinspace.com

Mod Edit: Title correction. Please see Instructions for the Breaking News Forums Thank you - Jak

[edit on 24/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
There are many other sources (see related links above) that will support this Observatory is directly involved in analyzing and researching UFOs, either independent or by Chinese Government.

There are also some videos in related link, however I think the Government will disclose the videos/photos of the analyzed videos from the Observatory after seeing publics reaction?! Anyhow very interesting article, like to hear your thoughts!

FYI:
"The People's Daily is the mouthpiece of the Chinese communist government though as is either allow such silly claims to be made globally on purpose or there may be some truth to these claims."

english.peopledaily.com.cn
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There may be factions of aliens living among the Chinese people today. The Government probably has figured it out and is ready to join them rather than fight them.

They have been waiting to take their cues about disclosure from the US, but US has been sold out and so they figure that they should by all rights be the ones to make the disclosure.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
saying he believes aliens exist isn't exactly disclosure. people have been saying that for years...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Very true, why fight them... when you can join them. I personally think that the people controlling the suppression of this information is US has been changed so much.. that the official people are now completely lost control over the UFO disclosure. I doubt US will EVER disclose this.. so expect other countries.. like Brazil, China, France and even UK to disclose more and more before US does anything!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Not really disclosure though is it?
He simply believes they do exist. Misleading title

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Someone with his background... is much creditable... don't' forget in a Communist country "freedom of speech" is very limited... so you can only "hint" at what you know to be true! I guess you would wonder what he would gain from this?

Also note, why would %100 government controlled media release such information to public?! For the fun of it?! I don't think so... you need to read between the lines sometimes, after all... specially when it's from a very suppressed country!

Not everything is so black and white ...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
"The People's Daily is the mouthpiece of the Chinese communist government though as is either allow such silly claims to be made globally on purpose or there may be some truth to these claims."

That's one excellent quote - must be from a smart person.

Were it I though I would have used italic formatting on the word 'some'.

Oh look I did!

As for the legitimacy of the claims by the Professor - he needs to supply more than heresay that he saw them from his observatory; videos, photos, radar measurements.

How fast they can go, on what fuel source they may run and his thoughts to their intentions as a species are just conjecture from his imagination and are a light-year away from actual science.

Being a Chinese paper that allows this to be reported globally is interesting and should give us pause for thought as to why they are doing this - but there is nothing of credibly worth to his thoughts until he produces evidence.

As for your other citations - they are all junk. The use the People's Daily as a source and then create huge elaborate fantasies as to what the Professor's observatory does and don't supply a modicum of truth to back them up.

The Prof has got an interesting history of appearances in that newspaper - nothing too shakey to got him a nutjob but I think he's a better observer of our moon and the planets than he is a reverse engineering by looking at flying objects that he has no proof of.

Be interesting to see how this all goes.

S+F for finally getting it working properly. Still though, try not to cite blogs - they are inevitably full of garbage.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think this is the first ste and hopefully the current keeps up. Maybe the USA will disclose some truth one day.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

lol, well thanks to you I can get this message out now...

Now a days it's so hard to find Hoax / Legit... so I think if forums like ATS allows others to analyze and discuss subject matter. It is the only way we will have "disclosure" in my opinion.

Be open minded, yet be a critical thinker. For one to dismiss this type of information because it was only a "witness" is just arrogant. In our current system (law) a witness can put a man behind bars for life, yet for this subject matter, well qualified individuals put their life at risk to tell us a story and if we just dismiss them, we maybe missing out on the most important part of our lives.....

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Also note, why would %100 government controlled media release such information to public?! For the fun of it?! I don't think so... you need to read between the lines sometimes, after all... specially when it's from a very suppressed country!

Thanks for your post freighttrain. I do think that you're reading a little too much into the appearance of this report in The People's Daily. UFOs are of huge interest to the Chinese public with many UFO groups set up all over the country. It isn't a 'political' event as far as the communist regime is concerned (at least until and if it is proved true and contact is made with aliens) so they feel no need to censor it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well the DROPAS are real and have intergrated within China bloodline.
So with all the mounds and pyramids overthere that China doesnt talk to deep of I wouldnt doubt this. Still can be blue beam joke, smh @ learning of bluebeam, why not just let reality take on this unless many doubted reality.

[edit on 8/24/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Its about time that there is disclosure from somewhere... china or otherwise. I too believe that there are "those" that live among us. lets us all hope for disclousure soon.. from somewhere real facts or contact would be world changing events.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Personally, I'm intruded with all these "disclosures" that are happening all around the world. The biggest being the Brazilian government openly announced that they support and want public and private sectors to start calling in UFO and that it is not a taboo subject. In fact some official said that if we don't start researching this subject further we'll stop evolving, as if accepting such possibilities help open your mind and forces us to rethink the way we see our world... (currency, war, hate, etc..)

Here are few countries openly admit UFO existence are starting the disclosure process!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

NEW ZEALAND
BRAZIL
UNITED KINGDOM
CANADA
DENMARK
FINLAND
MEXICO
PERU
RUSSIA
SPAIN
SWEDEN
FRANCE
URUGUAY

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
China has been awash is pseudoscientific and supernatural belief for years and even their scientists aren't immune to it. He "believes" there are aliens, tacitly admitting he has no proof of such a thing, and has a different opinion than Hawking. Why is this news at all? Apparently the media gives it credence solely on the appeal to authority. So much for journalistic integrity.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

this is a far cry from the last thread of "China to reveal ET!"

A few points:

1.) Stephen Hawking has said some of the stupidest crap i've ever heard, so i have to agree with this astronomer at least on the theoretical point that *IF* aliens have or ever will visit earth, it won't be to wipe us out.

2.) This guy has nothing but a theory. There is no fact to back up his claims, there is no science behind this at all. It's some schmuck with a fancy title making claims with nothing to back it up.

He's been observing for 39 years? Woopty do. While that's definitely a cool job, it's still a far cry from credibility about extra terrestrial life.

"I look at stars, so i know about Aliens" is like saying "I make ice sculptures, so i can fix your car"

It's all non sense to me...no offense OP

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Well he didn't say he had "no proof" he said he has seen many of these UFOs. That's NOT to say he has no proof, just nothing they'll publicly release just yet or never documented. Sometimes a witness with such credibility (like many others in Disclosure Project) is more then a proof then a couple of min. video/photo can prove. Like many others.... even these so called proofs are always being dismissed as CGI, HOAX, etc...

so what kinda of proof are you looking for?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That's NOT to say he has no proof, just nothing they'll publicly release just yet or never documented.

Yet another strawman argument from the astronomer.

"i've seen UFOs with my own eyes"

Really? Did you take pictures?

"Well...yes, but YOU can't see them."

So his government will allow him to TALK about the things he's seen, but they won't allow him to SHOW the things he's seen?

Seems they're hiding something.

Perhaps the fact that they have nothing

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

this is a far cry from the last thread of "China to reveal ET!"

A few points:

1.) Stephen Hawking has said some of the stupidest crap i've ever heard, so i have to agree with this astronomer at least on the theoretical point that *IF* aliens have or ever will visit earth, it won't be to wipe us out.

2.) This guy has nothing but a theory. There is no fact to back up his claims, there is no science behind this at all. It's some schmuck with a fancy title making claims with nothing to back it up.

He's been observing for 39 years? Woopty do. While that's definitely a cool job, it's still a far cry from credibility about extra terrestrial life.

"I look at stars, so i know about Aliens" is like saying "I make ice sculptures, so i can fix your car"

It's all non sense to me...no offense OP

Yes but you cant rule out what Stephen Hawking has to say. there are only two reson aliens would ge here to visit us

1. to expand there knowlege of the univers in a peacefull mannor

2. are hostal. they used up all there natural resources and are coming for ours.

there are only two outcomes and we must think of the posibility that option 2 could happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

so what kinda of proof are you looking for?

Tangible, testable evidence would be great. But lending credence to the hypothesis that aliens not only exist but fly here in spacecraft on the sole word of a guy with a fancy title is irresponsible IMHO. This is sensationalist journalism that usually is reserved to tabloid publications.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join