It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is THE STIG????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don’t know if this belongs in ATS or BTS. It is however Above Top Secret in that the public don’t know about it, so I am going to ATS.

This is a conspiracy of sorts, and we talk about Hollywood conspiracy’s and the faked deaths of celebrities so i think this is a worthy topic of ATS.

Now here it is.

Simple question....

WHO IS THE STIG?

For those of you who don’t watch TV, the Stig is a figure who appears on the BBC’s Top Gear, but nobody really knows who he is. It is a genuine conspiracy his identity is a total secret, there are allot of rumours about who he is but nothing has ever been confirmed. Perry McCarthy was the old “black” Stig, but we don’t really know for sure who thee stig is because rumour has it as soon as he reveals himself he gets sacked, according to James May.

Now “some say he’s............” ok am not going to start that.

I look forward to your responses.

PS: this is in the mythical beast forum because some say the stig is a mythical beast.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It is michael schumacher :-)

[edit on 24-8-2010 by DutchBigBoy]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Na it’s not, he admitted afterword’s that it was just all a big joke.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

he's 'supposed to be' f3 driver ben collins and he is suing the bbc to be able to release a book of his memoirs (citing free speech and because all the other presenters are allowed to earn money writing books yet he is not).

it'll come out in the court case - they will most likely then sack him and get a new 'stig'

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I read something about the stig suing but it never gave away his name. I typed the stig into wiki and got a whole bunch of names.

Would be cool if he just wrote under “The Stig”

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's Ben Collins.
He used to drive Formula 3 cars.

Here is his Wiki page en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Does anyone know the reason that Top Gear keep this such a secret anyway?

I can't really think of a reason they make such a big deal of it, I assumed that it was just a fun part of the program, but if they are willing to go to court over it I guess it's something else

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

For the exact reason this thread has emerged... to keep a bit of buzz about the show. A mystery like this is great publicity for a programme.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yes your right. I read some more news stories about this and it seems that is exactly the reason.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So it looks like the BBC lost the court hearing, the Stig is Ben Collins an ex formula 3 driver from Bristol

article< br />
Somehow it was better not knowing:shk:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And now they will have an episode in the future to kill him

www.digitalspy.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It seems to me that Ben Collins has been a bit hasty over this, looks like he's getting fired from a good job on one of the BBC's highest rated programs and all to sell a few Autobiographies that might well be in the bargain bin by the end of the year.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Silly man! Let's hope it doesn't spoil the show.

Maybe he could have published something as the stig and not revealed his real identity. I noticed there has been a lot of merchandise in the shops recently so he could have made money this way.

PS even though he has revealed his name I still don't know who he is anyway!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I watched the episode where they drove from Miami to New Orleans. Great Stuff! I grew up in the south and what happened in Alabamer did not surprise me at all. Most of the folks down there have been inbreeding for generations. Their family trees have no branches. "It has left turns.. and right ones as well. Must be why it's abandoned, to complicated for the colonials."

And you gotta love that fast food gut on the American Stig

edit on 29-10-2010 by spokaneman1983 because: Added a line

new topics

top topics

join