It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the "Islamic center 2 blocks away from Ground Zero" MIGHT be opened on or BEFORE 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The Mosque, not even a Mosque, has been known to cause a lot of controversy but some claim that the Islamic center might be opened 9/11.

Some see this as a "for sure" meaning that this Islamic center is with terrorist organizations but there is a simple reason why.

It is because that the end of Ramadan, the month of fasting for us Muslims, is a Muslim holiday called Eid-Al-Fitr. This is a celebration for the end of Ramadan.
(It is just as "big" as Christmas for the Christians.)

This holiday just so happens to be on September 10, 2010.And possibly around September 11th in America.

Before you go on let me tell you something about the Muslim calender.

Islam follows a lunar calender.It differs from the calender that is used normally in America which is a gregorian calendar I believe.

Here are a few links....

scienceworld.wolfram.com...

The calendar currently in worldwide use for secular purposes based on a cycle of 400 years comprising 146,097 days, giving a year of average length 365.2425 days. The Gregorian calendar is a modification of the Julian calendar in which leap years are omitted in years divisible Eric Weisstein's World of Math by 100 but not divisible Eric Weisstein's World of Math by 400. By this rule, the year 1900 was not a leap year (1900 is divisible by 100 and not divisible by 400), but the year 2000 will be a leap year (2000 is divisible Eric Weisstein's World of Math by 400). The total number of days in 400 years is therefore given by

scienceworld.wolfram.com...

The Islamic calendar has its starting point at the date of the flight of Mohammed from Mecca to Medina, known as the Hejira. The most widely accepted date for this event in the Gregorian calendar is sunset at July 16, 622 AD. This dating system is used in the Muslim world (except Turkey, which uses the Gregorian calendar) and based on a year of 12 months, each month beginning approximately at the time of the New Moon. (The Iranian calendar, however, is based on a solar year.)

www.holidays.net...

Islamic Events 2010*

* Al-Hijra - 1st Muharramn (Islamic New Year) December 18, 2009
* Israa'/Me'raj (Night Journey to Heavens) July 08, 2010
* Lailatul-Bara'at (Night of Salvation) July 26, 2010
* Ramadan Fasting Begins in North America: August 11, 2010*
* Lailat Ul Qadr (Night of Power): September 05, 2010
* Eid-Al-Fitr (End of Ramadan): September 10, 2010
* Eid-al-Adha (10th Zul-Hijjah) November 16, 2010

No foul play people just because of a different calendar. It was always gonna be on that date no matter what.(This might not always be true.)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
OMG, NOT ON THE DAY OUR GOVERNMENT ATTACKED OUR PEOPLE!!

HOW DARE MUSLIMS OPEN ANYTHING ON THAT DAY!

Come on, grow up and lay off the propaganda!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think opening it ON 9/11 is in pretty poor taste, but I support the right to open it whenever the owners desire. I also support the right of people who don't like it to open a dog shelter next door.

People who believe that they have no right to do either don't really support civil liberties; they support towing the party line.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If I owned a pig farm, Id have a few dump trucks at that site by now, and Id be paying a HUGE fine for illlegal dumping. On purpose!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The RUMOR of it opening on 9/11 was started by New York Post columnist, Andrea Peyser. There is actually no timeline of construction for the mosque. Most likely it will open sometime in 2012.

How the "ground zero mosque" fear mongering began

Peyser also reports — falsely — that Cordoba House's opening date will be Sept. 11, 2011.

September 11th Opening is False

Glenn Beck and Pamela Geller advanced the false claim that the New York City Islamic cultural center will open on September 11, 2011. In fact, both the executive director of one of the groups spearheading the project, as well as the Imam involved, have flatly denied that the center is slated to open on September 11.

I appreciate your position, OP, but I think the facts here are pretty important.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Um...............

It's not supposed to open this year, and next year the eid will be 10 days or so earlier very end of August, or 1 or 2 of September.

They want to tear down the existing structure and rebuild there is no chance that will be accomplished in the next 2 weeks.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Its not going to Open and its not going to get build. All union brothers are standing shoulder to shoulder and will not lift one hammer to help build this building.

They can build it themselfs!

new topics

top topics

join