It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting case from MUFON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ok i have been visiting MUFON every few days recently to see whats been put up.
And most of the time there isnt much

but here we have a half decent case
the poster claims he was watching a UFO which was being chased by a helicopter/s.

quote from source
"Helicopters chasing UFOs for over 10 mins. I took photos and the chopper intimidated me by hovering very low over my house!"

here is the helicopter: www.mufoncms.com...

and here is the UFO: www.mufoncms.com...

and a close up of the UFO: www.mufoncms.com...

i find interesting the first picture of the UFO that all the foreground is very clear and the UFO is blurred.

anyway
digest and disect!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I'm far from an expert but it looks to me as if the ufo picture and the helicopter picture were taken on different days.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
interesting shots of the UFO however a few points..

1. There is no photo of the helicopter chasing said UFO

2. It appears that the photos of the UFO and the photo of the helicopter were taken on different days or at least a substantial amount of time apart due to the light and the cloud covering.

3. due to the blurring of said UFO this effect can be easily achieved by using a high aperture value and a low shutter speed so it could be absolutely anything flying past from a small plane to an insect

Cheers

Truth_Hz

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
very good points indeed
but he did say the event happened for 10mins
which in ten mins cloud cover can blow over so its still open for debate!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If it showed the "UFO" and helicopter in the same picture it would be a tad more believable.

My only issue is that the incident states that the copter was "chasing" the UFO. All I see is a copter and a UFO in separate pictures and for all we know, they could have been taken on different days.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

i agree
i have helicopters hovering around here quite a lot so iknow how easy it would be too make a UFO story up
in his description he says the UFO materealised!?!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The pictures have been taken within 20 minutes of each other according to jpg data. The UFO image looks like a parachute canopy...minus the guy. It's certainly odd-looking. We've had hoaxes in the past with inflatable objects filled with helium. This looks like it could be a lilo inflated with helium.

I'm curious why there's only one image of the object, these Samsung digitals are capable of pretty quick shots. Perhaps the others were too sharp for the object to remain unidentified?

The 'intimidating' helicopter seems irrelevant and 20 minutes after the fact.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Exif data puts the "ufo" at 13.51 and the helicopter at 14.08 both on the same date 2010-08-20. Exif data can be edited, though.

The "ufo" looks very familiar to me. I'm sure it, or something very like it, has been posted here before.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

hi kandinsky
the witness does say in his staement that he took several photos
but he hasnt posted them?!?
so like you say maybe they were too clear to be a UFO
good points indeed

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Thanks. I should add a 'lilo' is an inflatable sun lounger used in pools. I don't know if the word lilo is used outside of the UK.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

i wouldnt know mate about lilo outside of the UK!
im from the UK so i dont know lol

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
If it showed the "UFO" and helicopter in the same picture it would be a tad more believable.

If you look at the picture of the helicopter, there is another object in the sky directly left of the TV aerial. So it seems both UFO and helicopter are in the same picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

If you look at the picture of the helicopter, there is another object in the sky directly left of the TV aerial. So it seems both UFO and helicopter are in the same picture.

If you are using a high res monitor you will be able to see the wings on that object, unfortunately it looks like a commercial air liner...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The UFO could be anything from a seagull to a hanglider.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Managet to freez the rotor blades but not the UFO. Hummm must have been moving real fast or ?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Managet to freez the rotor blades but not the UFO. Hummm must have been moving real fast or ?

Depth of field of the lens.

A commercial air liner will be at x thousand feet whereas the helicopter would be at a couple of hundred...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
interesting shots of the UFO however a few points..

1. There is no photo of the helicopter chasing said UFO

2. It appears that the photos of the UFO and the photo of the helicopter were taken on different days or at least a substantial amount of time apart due to the light and the cloud covering.

3. due to the blurring of said UFO this effect can be easily achieved by using a high aperture value and a low shutter speed so it could be absolutely anything flying past from a small plane to an insect

Cheers

Truth_Hz

I agree looks like a group of yellow balloons tied together then blurred. Maybe the person took a photo of a helicopter passing over and decided he would send up some balloons later on and hoax. Curious if the person only took 2 pictures?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The pictures have been taken within 20 minutes of each other according to jpg data. The UFO image looks like a parachute canopy...minus the guy. It's certainly odd-looking. We've had hoaxes in the past with inflatable objects filled with helium. This looks like it could be a lilo inflated with helium.

I'm curious why there's only one image of the object, these Samsung digitals are capable of pretty quick shots. Perhaps the others were too sharp for the object to remain unidentified?

The 'intimidating' helicopter seems irrelevant and 20 minutes after the fact.

Even better by George I think you got it it does look exactly like that

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I think the "UFO" really was there. I can see no evidence of digital tampering:

I do find it odd the "UFO" is blurry while the rest of the photo is relatively sharp. It could be blurred due to motion or aperture. The shutter speed of 1/181 is not that slow, certainly fast enough to hand hold but maybe not fast enough to freeze a fast moving object. When I have had to shoot moving subjects I like to use >1/500 of a second although >1/250 will freeze some relatively slow activities.

Only one photo of the UFO does suggest either very fast motion or other images revealed what it actually is.

The helicopter is meaningless. It doesn't appear to be hovering over the photographer's house and there is nothing in the image to connect it with the UFO.

My money is on hoax.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by wasco2]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by wasco2]

Mod edit: image tag corrected to show the scroll-bar

[edit on 25/8/2010 by ArMaP]

new topics

top topics

join