It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian terrorists put extremist Muslim terrorists to shame!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Nothing new here.

Another *________ * (insert religion here) bashing thread.

I heard that non religious people have been known to commit crimes against humanity also.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Nothing new here.

Another *________ * (insert religion here) bashing thread.

I heard that non religious people have been known to commit crimes against humanity also.

It was actually thought of to stop people bashing the Muzzers, make people think twice about all the things in the media that are hyped up... things people on ATS should be able to pick up on. Like I put in the first post

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If it were not for current LAWS in many areas of the world, the Religious SAVAGES of every Religion, EVERYWHERE around the world would be going on KILLING SPREES everyday. EVERYDAY.

Because of modern law, instead of acting out this SAVAGE behavior, they now can only wish death to others in their minds.

At least for the majority of them...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Of course MSM and TPTB feed our fears to further their own agenda and yes, we should be more aware of this when considering our opinions.

But, and it's a massive but, there is still more than just a core element of truth in it otherwise there is nothing to exploit.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yep, sure glad the Christians stepped into the modern age, or they could still be quite a threat. In say 200-300 years when the Muslims follow suit I'm sure my great, great, great, great grandchildren will be happy as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Religion, like politics(wow-they are the same thing!) are used to control people. They are both used by the leaders to consolidate their power, usually by finding a common enemy for the underling to fear and fight.

Your OP looks to fight(there is a lesson in the word) fire with fire. Thereby you play into the leaders hands.

To each their own, we all end up in the same pile of poo in the end.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
really..... How are the Christians worse if we stopped the killing..... The extremists are still killing and still blowing themselves up. ohh and also the Christians of the past never killed their own kind while Muslim extremists do almost everyday....

In WWl and WWll 60 miliion Christians killed each other.
second line

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"How the Vatican created Islam"
www.scribd.com...

"The Vatican wanted to create a messiah for the Arabs, someone they could raise up as a great
leader, a man with charisma whom they could train, and eventually unite all the non-Catholic
Arabs behind him, creating a mighty army that would ultimately capture Jerusalem for the pope...

A short read,but a good one.

And while Catholics may consider themselves Christians,their religion is anything but!

"The great counterfeit religion was Roman Catholicism, called 'Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth'- Revelation 17:5. She was raised up to block the gospel, slaughter the believers in Christ, establish religions, create wars and make the nations drunk with the wine of her fornication as we will see....

I wish I were better at putting things into my own words.Now that we are limited in the size of our quotes,all I can do is hope that some will want to follow this further and see how these roads "all lead to Rome".

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

In the name of Christianity?

It's maddening that people don't understand that the root of Christ's teaching is to love God and love each other, so Christians who kill (for whatever reason) are not following Christ, and any Christian who teaches that killing "in the name of God" is justified is committing heresy.

People kill each other for all sorts of reasons, but killing specifically for religious reasons is nowhere near as prevalent as most would have you believe, and the reduction or abolition of religion would have little to no impact on the evil that we do to each other. If you look beyond the deluded suicide bomber, you will most likely find someone who is taking advantage of his faith for a political gain, and banning Islam is only going to take away the motivator, not the motivation.

Mod Note: Replace compounded quote with "Reply to" tag.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/8/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

yes I know that theoretically there is the way they say it works...
I just posted the stats on the way it actually works...
"by their fruits ye shall know them" Mathew

Shall I site Ireland as prime example?
Protestants against Catholics...?
Or the genocide committed against NDN children in Canada known as residential schools...where the churches took tax dollars in order to destroy the NDNs and their culture...?
Our PM Harper apologised for this a couple years ago..Although there has not really been any justice.

You may find the facts difficult, or an attack on Christian faith..how do you think the victims of the violence and genocide feel...?

And both world wars were directly related to religion...without it they never would have motivated the people to fight

God is on our side!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
I see the Christians are keeping suspiciously quiet in this one...
Or maybe not? ... ... ...

The term "Christian terrorists" is actually a contradiction in terms...

You cannot be a Christian and also a terrorist, except for maybe some extreme case of bi-polar disorder where the victim doesn't know he has a terrorist split personality,,,

real genuine bonafide Christians are not terrorists, and they don't kill people...

If they do , then they are simply not Christian...

People are defined by their actions, not some convenient label...labels are used by propaganda proponents. or as a way to market acceptability

Even the crusades stories about all those witch hunting murdering Christian mobs were not actually Christians because they cared not act Christian...

Even the Catholic Church at times has not followed it's own biblical doctrines so it in essence was not even legitimate..

I could go on and on but hopefully have made my point...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I suspect the biggest cotradictions and problems within Chritstianity are that Jesus's message may have got over shadowed and mis-interpreted by Paul and his followers and the God pertrayed in The New Testament bears little resemblance to the one in The Old Testament, (though he still has his moments if I remember correctly)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Yes they were and are Christians!
Just not the same type of Christian as you!

Whilst their interpretations and practices may differ from your's they ALL believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, so they are Christian's.

Of course each denomination and cult believe they alone are the true representatives of Christ on earth and have the unique right to be called Christians.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

The problem is that it's impossible to divorce the motivation from the act, and to draw the conclusion that, barring the motivation, the act wouldn't take place. Can Catholics and Protestants hate each other? Sure. Would Northern Ireland be free of problems if religion was lifted from the region? Given that ties to the United Kingdom are a focal point of difference, and taking away religion would have no affect on that, yes, they'd probably still have their share of trouble.

Abolish religion, and all you'll accomplish (aside from the demolition of all of the good that religion does,) is to force people in power to find some new motivations to accomplish what they are really interested in. You'll see a new nationalism, a new racism, a new class war, who knows. But you won't see some idyllic paradise, where we all get along and no one is greedy, selfish, power mad or just simply mad, because that's the human condition, and religion can be a foil to that, rather than a stoker of the flames.

If people follow it, of course.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"Our terrorists are bigger than your terrorists". Classic!

Can we not just agree that there are, and for a very long time have been zealots from all religions who have done some really stupid and destructive things in the names of their God?

Let's face it. If we abolished religion tomorrow it wouldn't take a week before somebody started a war over which flavor of Pop Tart is best. It's just our nature.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
this thread title is an out right lie
nuf said

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I always marvel at these types of threads. My question for the OP is, what is your point?

If you study Islam, you will know what their agenda is and it is not limited to "extremists". When in public, American Muslims who follow Islam put on a facade about being against the killing then, behind closed doors, they cheer.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Can we not just agree that there are, and for a very long time have been zealots from all religions who have done some really stupid and destructive things in the names of their God?

here here
definitely yes for sure.
Much agreeness

top topics

<< 1   >>

join