It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian terrorists put extremist Muslim terrorists to shame!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'll say here that I am not religious. My mind will not let me believe something for which there is no substantial proof, maybe in a later day I will come to regret this, I don't know.

After reading substantial posts about the plans to build a mosque at ground zero I have felt compelled to post some information.

I think in both the US and the UK both the government and media have done a good job in swaying many people's minds on the subject of Islam. Using what I would say is biased reorting, clever pictures and maybe even false flag attacks, the minds of the populations have been penned to one side of an opinion.

I think the same could have been done to Christianity. I honestly think if the government and media (one in the same I know) really wanted to they could swing the hate campaign from Islam to Christianity. Here's the information I'd like to post in the hope of unmasking this HUGE smear campaign by the media... I can't believe it has got to so many on ATS

"But when have Christians demonstrated this love to Muslims or Jews? We have gone to them with swords and guns. We have gone to them with racism and hatred. We have gone to them with feelings of cultural superiority and economic domination. We have gone to them with colonialism and exploitation. We have even gone to them with the Gospel cloaked in arguments of superiority. Only a few have ever gone with the message of Calvary...We must do more than carry the message, we must be the message." Reconciliation Walk

www.religioustolerance.org...

And here is a sourced list of the reign of TERROR imposed by Christians all the way from 315 to 1994 (almost present day!):
truthbeknown.com...
Here are a few select examples:

15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Victims unknown.

Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. 200,000 heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ".

"When the 16th century ended, some 200,000 Spaniards had moved to the Americas. By that time probably more than 60,000,000 natives were dead."

1994 - Anglican as well as Catholic priests and nuns are suspect of having actively participated in murders. Especially the conduct of a certain Catholic priest has been occupying the public mind in Rwanda's capital Kigali for months.

truthbeknown.com...

Of course you have a sharp, analytical mind... you would never think of putting all Christians in the same boat, all Christians aren't killers... ... ... Or are they?

Very related threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
really..... How are the Christians worse if we stopped the killing..... The extremists are still killing and still blowing themselves up. ohh and also the Christians of the past never killed their own kind while Muslim extremists do almost everyday....

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
really..... How are the Christians worse if we stopped the killing.....

They are not better or worse, that is not the point of the thread. The point as stated is to highlight how the focus of the media on Islam is gearing up the hate towards Islam; and how this gearing up of hate could easily be shifted with some clever reporting on Christianity.

The extremists are still killing and still blowing themselves up.

This is true, and very sad. However if you check the list, 1994 was not that long ago... that is scarey.

ohh and also the Christians of the past never killed their own kind while Muslim extremists do almost everyday....

Murder is murder, let's hope the Muslim extremists can move on, I am glad that you are able to differentiate between Muslims and Muslim extremists. Let's just hope all the stories about the Muslim extremists we read about and watch on the net are accurate, as we base a lot of emotional opinions on them.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

and also the Christians of the past never killed their own kind
Wait...what about the witch trials or whatever, wasn't that a bunch of religious people (not sure if they were Christians or whatever) who hunted down and burnt their "own kind"?

[edit on 24/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Matthew 26:52 (New International Version)

52"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

In my POV this scripture excludes any and ALL so-called christians who participate in violence in the name of their religion. Jesus was quite clear in this scripture. True followers of Jesus will, under no circumstances, fight...

The OP, in my POV, describes a situation in wich organized religion has changed a faith to suit their personal agenda, in this case PROFIT!!

Dont shoot the message, shoot the messenger.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I see the Christians are keeping suspiciously quiet in this one...
Or maybe not? ... ... ...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods effigies of the Pope are still burnt for crimes against humanity (well, locals ).. but those events are somewhat old news.. Yet I am sure Christianity would be back in the media spotlight *IF* the Roman Catholic Church decided to drag people out and again burn them for reading a bible in English..

So in that vain I really find it hard to follow the logic of bringing up past events, how will that sell newspapers or get people to stare at the goggle box for hours on end or post their rants on website forums?

The news (faked or otherwise) focuses on today's events, be it some unhinged person blowing themselves up in the name of their religion or some unhinged priest harming children to satisfy their perverted desires, both are news and both tend to make fine headlines that make the media outlets lots of cash.

We have a story running in the UK about a priest that is said to be part of a terrorist bombing a few years ago, which is making news headlines.. so I really fail to see where you are coming from since I do not feel bad news about Christians is being swept under the carpet in favour of bad news about Islam or Muslims.

It appears to me any news that gets people to not think about the crappy economic situation we are in is good news for those wanting to redirect our attentions.

[edit on 24/8/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I must have missed the stroy to which you refer, I'd like to see a link for my own interest if possible.

It appears to me any news that gets people to not think about the crappy economic situation we are in is good news for those wanting to redirect our attentions.

I think we sit at different sides of a fence on this one. It's been my impression that the media will push the idea of a bad economy for the purposes of instilling fear and doom into our everyday lives: they want to make us owrry about our future. I've not experienced anything in any media detracting from the so called harsh current financial climate.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Excellent post because it puts things in perspective.
The point is that many exoteric sectarian religions have done crimes against others based on their sectarian faith. To single out one is a crime in itself.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

There is still christian terrorism.
The murder of the abortion doctors for example and many others the press hardley mentions.

As well as Jewish terrorism at the time of the creation of Israel

As their is christian terrorism in the form of all the civilians killed in these wars.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I believe that was the Puritans (Spelling)

Mod Note: Replace compounded quote with "Reply to" tag.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Compound quoting: If you quote someone quoting someone, this will result in a penalty.

[edit on 2010/8/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

In 1994 both Catholic and Anglican clergy participated in TRIBAL warfare and ethnic cleansing.
This wasn't based on religious beliefs but rather on historic tribal differences and prejudices.

To blame this on religious zeal and bigotry rather than the ongoing circle of endemic and inherent tribal violence that encompasses parts of Africa is just another example of P.C. claptrap!

To dismiss the atrocities carried out in God and Jesus's name is naive and ignorant.
But it is worth comparing with contemporary religions and practices.

The Crusades were a brutal time and both sides were absolutely convinced that they had right and God on their side.
Acts of absolute barbarism were carried out by both sides.
Similar acts of barbarism had been carried out by warring parties since time immorial.
The problem is that we use today's morals and values to judge the acts and deeds of yesterday.
And far too many people cherry pick events to vindicate their own pre-conceived ideas.

The Spanish Inquisition was a particularly intolerant period of Catholic history.
But was the zeal with which they pursued and enforced their beliefs any different to that shown for hundreds of years by various Central and South American tribes who literally ripped the beating heart out of possibly millions of their religious, political and tribal opponents?

If the truth is told then it is true to say that human history is dominated by religious intolerance and subsequent barbarism to each other.
The few isolated instances of tolerance and acceptance have been the exception rather than the norm.

After Islam's initial period of intolerant and evangical expansionism there developed a number of oasis's of tolerance and progressive thinking within the Islamic world which provided a haven for many free thinking individuals who were being persecuted in 'the christian world'.

But times, and people, change.
As a general rule of thumb Christianity has grown and developed and is far more tolerant of other religions and Islam has regressed into a barbaric, all controlling belief system which seems intent on world domination by one means or another.

To compare Christain terrorists of yesterday with Islamic terrorists of today is like comparing apples and pears.
Comparing Christian terrorists of today with Islamic terrorists of today is like comparing a child stealing a penny chew to a Mafia Don!

To be honest I am sick of hearing The Crusades being used as a vindication for today's Islamic terrorists.
The Muslims were as much the invader as The Crusaders were.
The Muslims were as intolerant and barbaric as The Crusaders were.

And for pity's sake, the last Crusade finished in 1291, over 700 years ago!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Any kind of extremism that leads to violence or hatred is not a good thing. Look at human history, the number of “witches” tortured and hung, the number of women stoned and buried alive, the wars, the bloodshed, the hatred the number of poor innocent fellow human beings that had their life energy taken from them, all in the name of god.

Will mankind ever grow up?

We together are god, there is no man in the sky that runs everything. I work with people who literally believe everything in the bible is true.

Here we have technology that can enable us to fly to the moon, destroy entire planets and repair the human heart, yet some of us still live and believe like our ancestors two, three millennia ago.

That last paragraph is what is frightening to me.

When a species gains technology and yet at the same time, does not develop their moral and spiritual side that spells disaster. Technical knowledge without spiritual alignment can spell the destruction of a civilization, an entire species and that is where I see humanity headed if he/she is not careful.

It is time we as a species grow up.

No, Ester, there is no Santa Claus, or Easter Bunny.

There is only us and together we all united make a whole. We are consciousness that decided to have a three dimensional physical experience and along the way we got hijacked and have forgotten from whence we came.

The source, some call god is all of us, again together. I liken it to we are all drops of water and god is the ocean.

We as a species are in a race, will our technology destroy us or will we stop, look around and decide to take responsibility for our actions and live as service to others vs service to self.

Humanity must grow up, or face possible annihilation.

Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad, all good prophets.........but they were men, not gods.

They all preached, service to others vs service to self.

There is enough wealth to go around, but TPTB horde it for themselves and pit everyone else against each other.

Mankind lives in fear and this creates our hell on earth.

If man lived in true spiritual awareness vs religious dogma, this could be a heaven on earth.

We were priviledged enough to be allowed to live on this beautiful planet and yet we allow by our very silence, it's desecration.

Will humanity wake up in time and grow up or will we go the way of the dinosaur?

Only time will tell.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Mods please delte. Double post. Sorry.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

But you have to consider the historical fact that in Islam many of those countries were in colonial bondage to Christian nations while those western Christian nations were having a renaissance of thought and secular change.

So to compare Islam to the West is a bad comparison becasue they have different histories.
One turned secular before the other and also I mention above the west has had more freedom becasue it was they that colonized and opressed the muslim countries and many of them have only had independence not more than 60 years ago

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
really..... How are the Christians worse if we stopped the killing..... The extremists are still killing and still blowing themselves up. ohh and also the Christians of the past never killed their own kind while Muslim extremists do almost everyday....

Perhaps you should do some re-search on why most of these terrorists "blow there own" up, before you comment?
MOST of the terrorists if not all, regard their fellow Muslims as Infidels, supporters of the West. As well they feel that killing their own for the better good is also an "ok thing", as they will gladly kill themselves for the 'right cause'. I guess the same could be said about the American Military in the middle east huh
Quite an interesting paradox....A wolf amongst sheep.

Anyhow, not saying any of this is right...personally i think both religions are off on the deep end. But in terms of killing...Christian faith has Muslim beat in my mind. There is a lot more holy wars on the Christian side and killings all in the name of "there faith". As one person said...Salem Witch Trials is just one of the many many many. =]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think its safe to say there is some shape or form of terrorism in almost every culture, or religion. Rather is for the "religions sake" is redundant. Obviously its hypocritical at best. I have to kill all these people, for my god....its for the great good. Some backwards wack job in my mind. I just think the Muslims are getting the most attention nowadays.

Totally off topic and im not sure about it but....What was hitler? Religion wise? or why did he believe what he was doing was the "right thing''

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

For the vast majority of post-Mohammed history most of these countries were under the yoke of The Ottoman Empire, not the western world.

'We' only got involved in Arabia after WWI as Turkey was an ally of Germany.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Seeing how I've been in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan since '01 I think I don't have to research anything.... I know that they blow their own people up because they believe that they are supporting the west, but when they walk into a crowded market and detonate themselves how do they know everybody is a supporter of the west? And how can the same be said of my American military? We are not commiting mass murder and suicide bombing... We are not killing ourselves for the right cause. We are just overthere and they are killing us. We aren't instigating anything other that us trying to repai and rebuild. We rebuild a school for them, they bomb it. We repai a road, they plant an IED under it, etc etc etc. They also use kids to do their dirty work. IE strap bombs to them and tell them to run to the Americans... So you cannot say that we are like or worse than they are...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Reign02]

Mod Note: Replaced large compounded quote with "Reply to" tag.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Compound quoting: If you quote someone quoting someone, this will result in a penalty.

[edit on 2010/8/24 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join