It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Tracking Sold as FUN by Facebook and Coca-Cola (NSFW Girls in bikinis)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This is kind of scary at how they are warming kids up to the idea that RFID's are 'FUN'

Publicis E-dologic figured out a way to embed user data in IDF bracelets, and thus allow people to "Like" real world objects, places and events spreading the word about it on their facebook accounts.

They implemented these facebook-bracelets at the Coca Cola Village, a watersport, sunbathing, gameplaying amusement park activity-thing for teenagers. When the guests arrive, they are given a ‏ bracelet ID which transmits an RFID signal, which they program with their facebook login.

They can then "like" activities and places in the real village, and their actions show up on facebook. Teenagers are driven by vanity like everyone else, so there was a photographer present as well, if you wanted to tag yourself in any given image all you had to do was wave your ID bracelet to the photographer.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Pan7her]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I guess if you can convince the younger generation that things like this are "fun' and "cool" then by the time they are adults the hardcore 1984-ish type surveillance will be easier to implement. Out with a wimper not a bang...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Sorry what's this discussion about again?

I must of been distracted somehow.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
also I think needing to know what everyone else is doing at all times isn't normal at all. I can't wait until doctors or psychiatrists classify this as an illness and big pharma steps in with some sort of medication

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the video OP! Remember type a comment next to see where you're trying to come from.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wow - and this all occurs in the "Village" you say?

I don't think I'll elect to sign up for this type of behavior tracking, mainly on the premise that my Facebook updates will make me appear to be little more than a boring consumer product oriented dullard.

Maybe such things aren't important to the targeted demographic...but on behalf of other like minded entities I feel compelled to share the following sentiment:

Be seeing you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

*edit - spelling

[edit on 8/24/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Thanks for the video OP! Remember type a comment next to see where you're trying to come from.

you are right, i thought maybe this was clear, but maybe its just in my head.

They have been pushing RFID technologies for a while now, with quite a lot of public resistance. It has been proposed as an easy way to check out your groceries, a way to have your medical history available in case of an accident, i have seen it used to open your car and house, even nightclubs have been implementing it so you can buy drinks without paying.

At the end of the day, RFID will allow the government to track your every move, which as far as i am concerned is a huge breach on your/my privacy. Another important issue to keep in mind is that studies in mice have found that up to 10% of the mice developed cancerous tumors at the place the RFID chip has been implanted.

This particular video i can see how they are getting the kids to think RFID technology is fun, a slow desensitization towards full chip implants for 'convenience'

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
we need to be harder on facebook and cokacola so that they continue making and implementing good methods for human rfid interaction. im not against technology; and if you are against technology because it is closer to your person you should not be interested in technology when it is away from your person.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I put an RFID in my watch wristband to start my car.

I have a vague understanding of your fear of being tracked. Be not afraid, we're only going to control you.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

haha yes, The Prisoner, great movie, i hear there is a remake around, although with the fluff hollywood has been producing lately, i am afraid to watch it.

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment, and will die here like rotten cabbages"

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hospitals will soon push RFID as a good thing to put in your children just after birth.

For the safety of your children of course.
Just think, you can track your children to know where they are at all times

And when they grow up, the government can do it for them and you.
After you "the parents" are dead the government will still track your children for you.

They will be safe forever!! YES WE CAN

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sianara
Hospitals will soon push RFID as a good thing to put in your children just after birth.

For the safety of your children of course.
Just think, you can track your children to know where they are at all times

And when they grow up, the government can do it for them and you.
After you "the parents" are dead the government will still track your children for you.

They will be safe forever!! YES WE CAN

Sun Microsystems' former CEO, Scott McNealy,
once advocated implanting RFID chips in babies.

"Slap that baby's bottom," he said,
"then slip an ID chip in their neck or between their shoulders so you can keep track of your kid.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Honestly, I find this sort of application of the technology kind of cool. Obviously if this were implemented in places beyond coca-cola village, the government would also be using it to track us and all that jazz; but imagine for a moment a world where they didn't use it for that, and instead we could just show our affection and admiration for things on the internet if we so chose without having to do any more than wave our wrists in front of it and press a button. You'd have to opt-in for it, rather than opt-out, and you could take it off whenever you chose.

It's a nice dream, but like totally pure communism, the Human element makes it practicably impossible. So while this doesn't frighten me, I understand why it does you, and if it went farther it would frighten me.

(Tangentially, isn't getting them in the water a little dangerous?)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
I guess if you can convince the younger generation that things like this are "fun' and "cool" then by the time they are adults the hardcore 1984-ish type surveillance will be easier to implement. Out with a wimper not a bang...

Not if I have anything to say about it. I'll make sure we go out with a bang. You can bet your bottom dollar on it.

Wow. Just more conformity in the form of RFID. IT'S COOL! IT'S HIP! YEAH MAN!

RFID

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
also I think needing to know what everyone else is doing at all times isn't normal at all. I can't wait until doctors or psychiatrists classify this as an illness and big pharma steps in with some sort of medication

So you want everyone to be normalized and act the same through name-calling and medication?

Are you sure you aren't in favor of mandatory RFID chipping?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Facebook is the new evil,
nearly every kid I know is on there
how perfect, they knew it would be a hit and they started with the youngest so it would be "normal"
so facebook will announce how chipping would be better than wearing a wristband cause the band is so uncomfortable and not stylish....
and the young minds will conform.
therefor creating the next completely monitored generation
"Parents, don't let your daughter become the next Natalie Holloway, let them be chipped"
And now ATS is involved with facebook

I would bet Arron Russo is laughing hard right now...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I made a mental note of who participated in this study and their didn't appear to be much or any semblance diversity.

These young and malleable minds of these sample specimens are in essence being desensitized to the concept of RFID.

As well as conditioning them neuro associatively by creating a positive experience in which to introduce and use the RFID bracelets.

They will be even more receptive to have one implanted in the future.

What it potentially conveys to me as a future means of separating and segregating the Israeli citizens.

Checkpoints into Israeli Jewish ONLY areas will have RFID scanners.

Those with the proper RIFID are allowed passage/entry.

Those who are of Arab/Non Jewish extraction who don't possess an RFID will not.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just wait ‘til they include RFID as part of the package when they’re selling brain upgrade implants. Without the latest upgrade, you’ll be severely disadvantaged at school. A bright student by today’s standards will be labeled as “primitive” by the other kids, and his/her grades will reflect that. The best schools will require the implants, and parents will spend their vacation money to assure their kids’ future.

As soon as the government decides that enough people have been implanted, they’ll activate the pleasure and pain part of the implants. Think naughty thoughts; zap! Stick your voting stylus in the right hole; ahhhaaaa!

[edit on 2010/8/24 by Phractal Phil]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Jacobs family that received the Digital Angel chip was also Jewish.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
things go better with coca cola- you want things to go better dont you?
I noticed coke usa and coke brazil were on the bilderburg list this year.
see - things do go better with coca cola..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join