It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News really is unbelievable.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlasherOfVeils
Holy crap people, Glenn Beck != Fox News. He has his own show, on the Fox Network. (NOT FOX NEWS)

Where is Glenn Beck's show that is on the Fox Network and NOT on FOX NEWS? The only show I can find him on happens to be on Fox News. Can you help me out?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains

Holy crap people, Glenn Beck != Fox News. He has his own show, on the Fox Network. (NOT FOX NEWS)

Where is Glenn Beck's show that is on the Fox Network and NOT on FOX NEWS? The only show I can find him on happens to be on Fox News. Can you help me out?

He has his own show, plays at 9 or 10 pm est I believe? Honestly can't tell you because I don't watch Tv very often.

And he's been on AM radio far longer then fox (as another poster mentioned). It is also where Dodd and others who have been chased off the MSM channels have ended up (710 am in the tri-state area)

It's just amazing how worked up some of (you) liberals get over people having opposing ideologies and broadcasting them.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

This one takes care of the issue a little better.

Last week, ‘TDS’ used the same specious reasoning presented by a Fox News personality to link the Imam of the proposed Muslim community center in downtown Manhattan to Iran to also link Fox News themselves to terrorism. This centered around the fact that the owner of Fox News is Newscorp, and the second largest shareholder in that company behind Rupert Murdoch is Saudi Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal. Last night, Stewart said it was “a stupid and childish game I was playing. I was not suggesting that Fox News being in business with Bin Talal is actually sinister.”

As it turns out, Fox News actually did that for him. The next clip was Dan Senor on ‘Fox and Friends’ villifying the Kingdom Foundation, a funder of Imam Rauf’s and of “radical madrassas all over the world.” They never mentioned the man who runs the Kingdom Foundation by name – perhaps because he just happens to be Al-Waleed Bin Talal.

As you can imagine, there was much to mock about this for the ‘TDS’ crew, and it took the form of a debate on whether or not Fox News is evil or just stupid. Wyatt Cenac represented Team Evil with the suggesting that “Nobody’s that stupid. They’re deliberately hiding the truth. If Al-Waleed wasn’t part owner of Fox News, they’d have gone to town demonizing this guy! They would have said his full name over and over again!” He also noted that Senor, the man making that allusion, worked for George W. Bush, who “used to hang with Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal. That’s some evil sh-t! It’s a level of knowing obfuscation that can only come from having a heart of pure evil!”

John Oliver was on the other side, saying “They’re stupid, Jon. Staggeringly, achingly, almost inspiringly stupid,” and “You know they don’t even have a teleprompter at Fox News? It’s just a man jangling his keys above the camera!”

In the hopes of finding some middle ground, they settled on agreeing if they’re not stupid, they’re evil, and if they’re not evil, they’re stupid. “We’re talking potatoes with mouths,” Cenac said, before Oliver corrected him with “Not even potatoes, Wyatt. A potato can still power a digital clock. You’re talking about rocks with mouths.”
source

The point is that Fox News is making a very dangerous association and they use their opinion shows and their news shows. They "reported" the Imam's link to this man as "news" you should be aware of because it is obviously proof there is danger afoot.

Fox News has written itself right into a corner with this kind of logic. They have made it clear that this Mosque and this Imam are dangerous because of their link to Al-Waleed Bin Talal.

If someone can explain to me how that holds any grain of truth while at the same not meaning the same for Fox because of their association with Al-Waleed Bin Talal, then I would really like to read that.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by cindyremains]

[edit on 25-8-2010 by cindyremains]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

He has his own show, plays at 9 or 10 pm est I believe? Honestly can't tell you because I don't watch Tv very often.

Can you offer me a listing? The only show I can find he has on TV is on Fox News, not the Fox network as you claim

And he's been on AM radio far longer then fox (as another poster mentioned). It is also where Dodd and others who have been chased off the MSM channels have ended up (710 am in the tri-state area)

It's just amazing how worked up some of (you) liberals get over people having opposing ideologies and broadcasting them.

Is that directed to me?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Can you offer me a listing? The only show I can find he has on TV is on Fox News, not the Fox network as you claim

Is that directed to me?

Fox has multiple channels which I think is causing confusion on both ends.

FOX, hosts FOX NEWS, on its parent channel FOX, several times a day. This "Fox News" has anchors and reporters, and is exactly what it claims to be.

FNC, aka "Fox News Channel", hosts a plethora of programs which are politically or newcasting related, and not necessarily news broadcasts. Out of the 20 or so shows on it that play almost daily, almost every single one is commentary and OPINION---- NOT news broadcast in the sense of having anchors and reporters.

Also if you take a look through the FNC hosts and anchors biographies, they very specifically name the role of each person listed.

aka

Brent Baier = ANCHOR
Glenn Beck = HOST (notice, not reporter, not anchor, not newscaster et.al.)
Alicia Acuna = REPORTER
Bill O'Reilly = ANALYST
Hannity = HOST

look through the list. You'll see all the "controversial" ones and the ones that the liberals and other MSM don't like, are all TV hosts, not anchors, nor reporters.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Fox has multiple channels which I think is causing confusion on both ends.

No, that cannot be the case. I appreciate you wanting to help and all but no. I know the names of the different Fox channels and the one Glenn is on is called "FOX NEWS." Glenn Beck has NO shows on the Fox Network as the above poster is trying to claim for some reason. Beck is not on FX for FXB either.

FOX, hosts FOX NEWS, on its parent channel FOX, several times a day. This "Fox News" has anchors and reporters, and is exactly what it claims to be.

Fox does not show anything from Glenn Beck though. FOX NEWS does.

FNC, aka "Fox News Channel", hosts a plethora of programs which are politically or newcasting related, and not necessarily news broadcasts. Out of the 20 or so shows on it that play almost daily, almost every single one is commentary and OPINION---- NOT news broadcast in the sense of having anchors and reporters.

Yes, but all shows on FOX NEWS are still shows on FOX NEWS. Just because Hannity is not really a journalist does not change the name of the channel he is on either.

Also if you take a look through the FNC hosts and anchors biographies, they very specifically name the role of each person listed.

aka

Brent Baier = ANCHOR
Glenn Beck = HOST (notice, not reporter, not anchor, not newscaster et.al.)
Alicia Acuna = REPORTER
Bill O'Reilly = ANALYST
Hannity = HOST

look through the list. You'll see all the "controversial" ones and the ones that the liberals and other MSM don't like, are all TV hosts, not anchors, nor reporters.

Thanks, really. I am fully aware of all of this but thanks for the information anyway. None of it has anything to do with what was said or what I responded to. Beck's show is indeed on the FOX NEWS channel.

This seems pretty simple. Somone claimed he is not on the news channel but the regular Fox network. If there is anything true in that, I cannot find it.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Stocks aren't limited, and when some super rich person be in Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, US, Ethiopia, they can buy whatever stocks they want, and money brings connections-- including ones to attain stocks with a little more power than holding on to them for a bit to get some gains on your portfolio.

I misunderstood your post so I had to delete my initial response. Either way, your assertion that it's "connections" that are getting him stocks with " a little more power" is not accurate. The stocks he owns are generally held for founding members of the corporation. The fact that they gave some of these stocks to him shows their reverence for him. The fact that he also gave them some shares of his entertainment company to form an alliance shows that he is not interested in simply making his portfolio look good

edited because I misread posters comments. I apologize.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Well, here's undeniable proof:

abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

You guys are going off topic. Who cares about Glenn Beck's status at Fox? this is about the network as a whole perpetrating the same man who invested in the mosque and whom they are in business with as being a terrorist.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
thank you fox news for keeping us infromed:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

You guys are going off topic. Who cares about Glenn Beck's status at Fox? this is about the network as a whole perpetrating the same man who invested in the mosque and whom they are in business with as being a terrorist.

I agree I strew offtopic a bit too much, but I do want to raise the point that not every FNC commentator (if even the majority) is against the mosque (most only against the location of it), nor do they necessarily represent the opinions or political stance of the shareholders.

And why is the guy a terrorist? Does he have known ties to such organisations or is it presumed due to his location in Saudi Arabia? I suppose I should research him more myself.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

[
And why is the guy a terrorist? Does he have known ties to such organisations or is it presumed due to his location in Saudi Arabia? I suppose I should research him more myself.

He is actually the PRINCE of Saudi Arabia.

edit: fix quote tags

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

[

He is actually the PRINCE of Saudi Arabia.

edit: fix quote tags

Got ya. I wonder how long he's been holding those shares? US involvement with Saudi Arabia does go back quite some time.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
who cares
we live in capitalism
Fox news is taking advantage of the syteme and comming on top of everyone else...

I think that you are actually blaming the capitalistic sytem itself...that is what you are truely saying...

I didn't even read your post, i just read the title

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I am unaware of how long he has had the shares, but News Corp (the Fox News parent corp. he owns shares in) now has shares in his entertainment company. The news article describes the transaction as having solely to do with 1)increasing the two company's media influence in the ME region and 2) strengthening their alliance together.

This is the reason that Fox news' portraying the mosque as being funded by some unnamed terrorist who turns out to not only be the Prince of Saudi Arabia, but also the same guy they are in business with is so incredibly "unbelievable".

edit to add: NewsCorp recently acquired their shares in his company in February and are expected to double by next month.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I am unaware of how long he has had the shares, but News Corp (the Fox News parent corp. he owns shares in) now has shares in his entertainment company. The news article describes the transaction as having solely to do with 1)increasing the two company's media influence in the ME region and 2) strengthening their alliance together.

This is the reason that Fox news' portraying the mosque as being funded by some unnamed terrorist who turns out to not only be the Prince of Saudi Arabia, but also the same guy they are in business with is so incredibly "unbelievable".

edit to add: NewsCorp recently acquired their shares in his company in February and are expected to double by next month.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by nunya13]

Thanks for that tidbit. FNC as a channel has a wide array of views, but the few who I've listened to, don't point it out as being funded by one person, moreso, questioning the source(s) of it, considering Imam Raufs quite... radical ideology.

According to him, Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Quada and the rest of them are all justified because the west is the cause of more muslim deaths compared to the non-muslims these terrorists have killed. Quite childish reasoning to say the least, and certainly not the voice of a moderate peacemaker.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Thanks for that tidbit. FNC as a channel has a wide array of views, but the few who I've listened to, don't point it out as being funded by one person, moreso, questioning the source(s) of it, considering Imam Raufs quite... radical ideology.

According to him, Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Quada and the rest of them are all justified because the west is the cause of more muslim deaths compared to the non-muslims these terrorists have killed. Quite childish reasoning to say the least, and certainly not the voice of a moderate peacemaker.

Can you provide some quotes? What exactly has he actually said?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy

You really think that the common message offered by CNN,ABC,NBC,CBS & virtually all other so called news outlets are not propaganda? Hell when a talking point comes out from the Obama regime thay all use the exact words.

“In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary” George Orwell 1984

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

All those same news networks used the talking points of Bush also. In general, those news stations help perpetuate whatever propaganda comes from the sitting president.

The problem with FOX is not only that they are right wing while claiming to be Fair & Balanced. The problem I see with FOX is the extremes that they go to to create unrest and division within the United States.

FOX News help propagate war, they propagate fear of Muslims, which they now piggy-back off to create fear of a Muslim President.

FOX News are extremists and really they should be considered an enemy of the state... And I don't mean an enemy of the current administration... but an enemy of the people.

They breed hate, fear, and aggression.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join