It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News really is unbelievable.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I do believe you hit the nail on the head, for some reason a few of the people posting don't seem to be able to connect the dots.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

i got the point of this thread fox news and rupert m support terrorism

which is a blatent lie.

dont you people shout at the top of your voices that we are a global community?

and now NO wait your not having none of it.

you cant have it both ways.

the imam is getting his money from the middle east ie saudi,hezbollah,hamas,iran.

a year ago the imam had around $18k in his bank account and now he gets a 5 million dollar building and now plans to build a $100 mil "club"

by your supporting the right to build the mosque your supporting terrorism.

see how easy this stuff is.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by circularmalevolence

Not getting much activity on my thread. It must be because I forgot to add the words "world ends tomorrow: PROOF!" in my title.

I personally don't care about Fox News ties to this guy. What I do care about is the purposeful deception on SOMEONE'S part at Fox News to conceal this guys identity and use his ties to the Cordoba House to further fuel the fire. This is not how the news is supposed to be reported.

This is an agenda blatantly being pushed on the ignorant masses t:hat watch the show religiously and defend it with everything they have.

So first it was no big deal that he owned some stock. It is inconsequential to them because ANYBODY can own stock in Fox News, yet I have presented proof that this guy owns special stock that cannot just be bought on a whim. I also have proof that NewsCorp and this guys corporations are doing business together to increase their influence in Middle Eastern media.

Yet this doesn't matter to the same people who cry foul about a cultural center/mosque being built too close to Ground Zero and scream "OMG IT'S ALSO FUNDED BY TERRORISTS!!!!!" When that "terrorist" turns out to be a guy in business with Fox news, it's suddenly not such a big deal and mum's the word.

It's rather frustrating.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I never said anything about Fox news supporting terrorism. This thread is not about that and any implication about their supporting terrorism that has been made in this thread has been tongue in cheek by following the same reasoning Fox News does to make the claims they do.

This thread is about Fox News hypocrisy. Who else is funding the mosque does not matter as far as this thread is concerned because it is about Fox News' outlandish accusation about one particular contributor.

So Fox News tells their viewers about the big bad terrorist who is helping fund the mosque and all the while it's the same person they are in business with?

Is this not of significance to you?

edit to add: do not put on me things that other posters have said in this thread. I have not made any inuendo or accusations about Fox News and terrorism.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Kingdom Holding contains his investments in companies such as Citigroup and News Corp., as well as Four Seasons Hotels and Fairmont Hotel management companies, among many others.

Alwaleed joined the Singapore government investment arm and several other investors in a $12.5 billion capital injection for Citigroup in January 2008; the size of his personal investment is undisclosed. He is also an investor in mainstream technology companies like Apple, Motorola and AOL.

Forbes

So I wonder if any of the businesses I've bolded are automatically awful and 'unbelievable' since he owns their stock as well. Or is it only News Corporation and Fox by extension who gets special treatment?

Wait, he owns more stocks than just in those companies:

Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal: Exactly, yes. You know, we are the second-biggest shareholder after the Murdoch family in News Corp., and we have smaller stakes in the Walt Disney Company and Time Warner, and we are partners with Disney and Euro Disney in Paris. And, yes, we do have a big media company in the Arab world that covers all the main region, the Middle East, North Africa region.

Forbes

Bad Disney. Bad, bad Disney.

But wait, there's even more. According to the Kingdom Holding Companies website, in addition to the ones from the articles above they also own stock in:

Songbird Estates, plc
Hotel George V, Paris
The Plaza
Savoy (A Fairmont Hotel)
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts
Kodak
HP
Pepsico
P&G

So tell me. Is it just News Corporation and Fox who are 'unbelievable' and dishonest? Does the same go for Kodak? Or Disney? Or Pepsico? Somehow, I think not. This was nothing more than yet another excuse to bash on Fox for not being identical to MSNBC and CNN.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by circularmalevolence
Thanks for stealing my thread buddy, I do believe I posted this story a full day before you did... Jerk. My thread.

now that is just funny.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

A lot of people seem to be missing the point, ON PURPOSE. Why is that? You are all saying that this man being the second largest partner in Newscorp does NOT make Fox evil. I get that. I even believe that. What so many people seem to be missing is that Fox & Friends, Glenn Beck, and Hannity have been constantly saying this mosque must be evil simply because IT IS CONNECTED TO THE SAME MAN.

How do people not get this point? Fox says he is evil Fox says any association with him is evil. He is the second largest owner stock in the company that puts out Fox news.

Obviously, Fox is putting out false information or Fox is also in bed with terrorists. It is pretty simple. Everyone that tries to claim this man is not an automatically evil connection then needs to admit Fox is just plain lying then.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Gee and here all this time I thought there were bigger fish to fry out there, boy was I wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cindyremains

I don't watch Fox, so I haven't heard them call him or the mosque evil. (Don't watch any of the rest either.) There are many arguments to be made for and against the mosque, but guilt by association doesn't work with me. If that's what they said, then the ones who said it were being idiots. Regardless, it doesn't make any sense to bash on an entire network for who owns shares of their parent company unless you're prepared to say the same about every other company that person owns stock in. It's simple really. If Fox is evil because he owns shares in their parent company, then so is Disney and Kodak.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by circularmalevolence
reply to post by Alxandro

What does that even mean? Are you trying to say that the left are terrorists?

No, but judging by their idealogies and their actions they do come across as being nothing more than terrorist sympathizers.

I do agree with neo96 with the statement that: the left finally acknowledges that there is terrorism...

It's a whole new ball game because Obama never address the enemy as "Islamic extremists".
Just recently the Fort Hood massacre was down played and classified as nothing more that "work place voilence".

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
This was nothing more than yet another excuse to bash on Fox for not being identical to MSNBC and CNN.

No, no it most certainly is not what this thread is about.

Fox news was touting Cordoba's terrorist ties when the terrorist they were connected to is the SAME PERSON who owns voting rights stock in News Corp AND is also doing business with News Corp in order to increase media influence in the Middle East.

The only people knocking Fox news for having "terrorist" connections are only mocking Fox News' own flawed logic by trying to further discredit the mosque because a "terrorist" was funding the project.

It may also own shares in other corporations, but does it have meeting with their board of directors to discuss "strengthening" their alliance with eachother like it did with News Corp?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Regardless, it doesn't make any sense to bash on an entire network for who owns shares of their parent company

Yes it does when the entire network is propagating deceit by omitting this man's name because they know about their own direct and close association with him in order to serve an agenda to curb public opinion how they want it.

This is not what news organizations are suppose to do. Not even CNN, MSNBC, etc. , but they have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Glenn turned into a total preacher over the past year. He's pouncing on religious emotions of his viewers, it's really quite sickening. He mentions something religious, something his average viewers agree on, and then makes an outrageous statement in the same sentence. Why? So people make the link in their subconscious. They agree with the religious stuff, and then believe the rest too because...well...he's speaking the truth about religion, right? RIGHT?

So stupid...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains
reply to post by Jenna

Obviously, Fox is putting out false information or Fox is also in bed with terrorists. It is pretty simple. Everyone that tries to claim this man is not an automatically evil connection then needs to admit Fox is just plain lying then.

Exactly. If Fox is touting that the mosque's association with him further proves that its purpose is as a terrorist front, then that would mean Fox news association with him puts them in the same boat by THEIR OWN LOGIC.

Of course, this assertion is preposterous, but that would mean that Fox news is pushing an agenda to purposefully sway opinion of their viewers and creating news instead of reporting on it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Do you know whats in your 401K? Are you invested in something not up to your par? Fox is just as good as the other news networks and just as bad as the other news networks. There all the same havent some of you figured that out yet? This whole mosque thing seems to me to be a distraction. Of what I dont know, but it is working. Maybe thats where WE (me included) should be putting our efforts in whats really going on.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It's simple really. If Fox is evil because he owns shares in their parent company, then so is Disney and Kodak.

You're being intentionally dense. Let's step back and have a look at the whole forest. Disney and Kodak did NOT vilify this man the way that Fox did. THAT is the point here. I don't know the whole story and I don't care much, but Fox said, "isn't it horrible that this 'evil' man is funding the mosque," while at the same time they are being funded by that 'evil' man. Exactly what part of this is unclear?

Like I said, I think you're being intentionally dense due to your pride not letting you capitulate.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Holy crap people, Glenn Beck != Fox News. He has his own show, on the Fox Network. (NOT FOX NEWS)

He is a commentator, NOT A NEWS REPORTER. Seriously, trying to say Glenn Beck is reporting the news on FOX is the same as saying TMZ is an extension of the news on the same channel. Are you people really that silly?

Stocks aren't limited, and when some super rich person be in Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, US, Ethiopia, they can buy whatever stocks they want, and money brings connections-- including ones to attain stocks with a little more power than holding on to them for a bit to get some gains on your portfolio.

NOW, to my point toward all of you:

Did any of you actually watch the NEWS broadcast? AKA, NOT GLENN BECK AND OTHER COMMENTATORS. They have had both supporters of the mosque, people who think its not a good idea, but the NEWS BROADCAST (note: NOT THE COMMENTATORS) have certainly aired more sides and opinions on the mosque then CNN has from the broadcasts I have caught. Infact, tuesdqay night's piece on Bloomberg's dinner was pretty PRO mosque; not to mention, calling to MOVE it, is not calling it terrorist.

You people are all so rabid and frothing at the mouth to attack FOX for hosting Glenn Beck (note, FOX != Fox News, once again) and beck himself, its just silly. If anything, I would protest FOX for hosting that TMZ bull# for melting the brains of millions about inane worthless coverstories about actors and hollywood bullsh t instead of anything useful.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

Kind of convenient for this to come out before November's elections. After doing some research into the mater myself, I haven't found one piece of evidence that supports this claim.

I wonder if the Democrats are running scared.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I am not saying that I am a Fox supporter in any way but I must correct some of you on Glenn Beck, he has only been on Fox for a short time and has been in radio for more years than I can count. As a trucker for over 20 years my satellite radio was the only thing to keep me company. So as a person who had listened to and has a great respect from Mr. Beck I will say you are all wrong about him. He is all about the truth and nothing more periods and the few times he might have made a mistake due to some bad research on the topic he is discussing. He has made the very minute he discovers his misinformation has made it write and not only apologizes for the false or misguide information but does so many times bringing for the corrected information and that is why I have a great respect for the man. He will be the first to say he made a mistake, but mistakes with him and his team are few and far between. He is no puppet to anyone not even his bosses for he needs them not and if you have never listened to him or watched him for a full week to follow all the dots then you should not judge him simply because he is on Fox network. Watch him you might learn something and his program is the only program I watch on Fox, I don’t even watch my local news or read new papers since all main stream media are controlled and all are sending you a belief that is not correct no matter if it comes from the right or left networks they all lie period. Stop listening to all of them and start doing your own research and that is exactly what Glenn Beck teaches you to do. He often says don’t take my word for it read for yourself he simple gives you the tools to do so. So please leave the guy alone, the mainstream hates him because he is always telling the truth as he has found it and tells you exactly were he has found the info just like us research threads and read different sources. The mainstream always twist his words and cut off half of what he says to they can twist him around watch for yourself then decided don’t take these bought and paid for news channels word that he is crazy or anything else. He is in fact a reformed alcoholic and a devote father to his family and his religion as a Mormon. I do not agree with his chose in his religion but I do believe he is the most honest person I have ever heard speak.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't watch Fox, so I haven't heard them call him or the mosque evil.

Then you have no valid opinion on the matter. Watch a few hours of the segments they have done on why this mosque will be a terrorist command center simply due to its connection with this man. If Fox is too much for you, try just watching it in itty bitty, easy to swallow clips

In clips all from the last 24 hours, Stewart showed how several FOX pundits prefaced unfounded reasons why the Islamic cultural center would be dangerous with defensive claims of tolerance for the religion. Former Clinton adviser Dick Morris even went so far as to call it a "terrorist command center."

In another clip from FOX, Eric Bolling displayed his charred safety deposit box from the World Trade Center to show why he was personally invested in keeping the mosque away from the vicinity of ground zero. Although Stewart mocked his display of lost cash and coin from an event where so many lives were lost, Stewart respected Bolling's discomfort with the symbolism of the mosque. That was until Bolling took out an index card written on in highlighter connecting Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf to Iran and other dangerous parties, with question marks written next to each "fact."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join