It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News really is unbelievable.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I dont watch O'Reily
I watch certain shows and I get to hear the liberals side always. And after watching all 3 networks, I still believe Fox is far more balanced than the other channels.

To each their own
I may not always agree with everything presented, but I much prefer Fox over the others!

[edit on August 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
The shows I watch continually have people on there from both sides of the isle and everywhere in between.

Fox is a good example of how to construct a living, breathing strawman -- and then swiftly defeat it in a battle.

But when they do have well spoken, qualified people on (Richard Dawkins comes to mind), suddenly the show just doesn't have the same bite -- because they're not beating up strawmen; their moronic ideas are being challenged by people qualified to make such challenges, and to review the tripe that they are saying..

Of course, they can always yell over you, cut your mic, not invite you back, contradict you later with some other logical fallacy or half truth -- and do it when you're not there to fight them on it.

They control the information, and they've gone to the supreme court to fight for their legal right to lie to you. They're doing a hell of a job, too.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

If Fox turns out to be the only station that talks about the whale being stuck under a boat, you can say they only did it for an emotional response. If any other network reports on it at all, your comment will fall flat.

today is FOX news channel day. CNN tomorrow. MSNBC thursday.

with everything going on in the entire world, why are stories like this being the story?

don't get me wrong. i have nothing against whales. i have never personally met one. it just seems that more than 5 minutes on this story, repeating the same informaion about it more than a dozen times in that five minutes, is not "fair and balanced".

i want to know what is going on in the world, the top stories. this whale is the top story?

i haven't seen anything about the the wars all day on fox. i have not seen any coverage about iran all day. i have not seen any coverage about afghanistan all day. i have not seen any coverage of iran all day.

i have seen that file footage of children singing about president obama that is more than a little bit of old news.

if my tax dollars are paying for hundreds of military bases worldwide, i would like to be informed about what is transpiring worldwide with our military troops.

coverage? less than 2%

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by damwel

I still believe Fox is far more balanced than the other channels.

but I much prefer Fox over the others!

of course i still like you GEL. you don't get off my friends list that easy.

but you just lost 2 cool points

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I would have to say Fox News all the way. I cant stand Keath overbite or Racheal Madcow. So boaring and one sided. yes fox can be one sided but at least they debate about the views.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"If Jesus were alive now... living here in America... he would watch Fox News to get info on the truth"

This is the sort of mentality the majority of Fox News fans have whether they believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i stand corrected. and i admit when i am wrong.

bret is talking about iraq and troops draw down right now.

he started his conversation with this:

"We'll be at war forever in iraq, won't we?"

then he started laughing about being at war in iraq forever, cuz his joke was funny, i guess.

oh, segment over. lasted about 45 seconds.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
"If Jesus were alive now... living here in America... he would watch Fox News to get info on the truth"

This is the sort of mentality the majority of Fox News fans have whether they believe it or not.

your right he really would.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
edited to remove my inappropriate post.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
New Corporation (parent company) Board of Directors:

Rupert Murdoch
José María Aznar
Natalie Bancroft
Peter Barnes
Chase Carey
Kenneth E. Cowley
David F. DeVoe
Viet Dinh
Rod Eddington
Mark Hurd
Andrew S.B. Knight
James Murdoch
Lachlan Murdoch
Thomas J. Perkins
Arthur M. Siskind
John L. Thornton
Stanley S. Shuman
Source

Regardless of who owns Fox or their parent companies shares, these are the people who actually control the parent company. As you can see Alwaleed is nowhere on the list and makes none of the decisions. From what I can find, he only owns 7% compared to Murdoch's 29% (not including his kids shares) but I can't find an actual original source for that percentage. Just sources that refer to other sources that are either unavailable due to requiring a subscription or don't exist anymore and I lack the time and inclination to use the wayback machine on them.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Jenna]

he owns the biggest share OUTSIDE THE MURDOCH FAMILY.

it doesnt matter if he calls the shots or not. 2.7 billion kiddo.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

just a thought:

If Fox is the main or only news source one turns to for their information, odds are one may be too ignorant for any one member or group of ATS members to explain how ignorant one may be who is a FOX NEWS enthusiast.

Think some more then - sounds like you need it.

While you're doing that, think on this. Wouldn't your analysis be true for ANYONE that single-sourced where they get their news. Even if they were liberals only watching Keith Olbermann for example?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

fox news enthusiasts,
i think you guys/gals are full of
so here:
www.vidoemo.com...

This kind of post insulting others simply because they have different beliefs than yours adds soooooo much credibility to your argument, don't you agree?

Mods, political trolling much?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
centurion1211 didn't like this post either, so i removed it.

anything else i can do to make your ATS more enjoyable centurion, just let me know!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Your observations (insults) are based on what "special" knowledge exactly - world net daily, rense, or just made up yourself?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

obviously this does not include anyone on ATS.

we are all here getting an additional source for our alternative news consumption.

So, you think you're only preaching to the choir (of fellow liberal elitists), then?

Spare us ...

[edit on 8/24/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

you are correct i will edit.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Fox News is unbelievable?

No, really? Or is it that you disagree with some, if not all, the commentary? I suspect that's a bit closer to the reality...

Fox News has a conservative slant, not exactly a secret to anyone who has watched the network... Just as CNN, and most of the others, have a liberal slant...again, not exactly a secret there either.

Personally? I find MSNBC to be toxic, and CNN not much better. FOX? I'm indifferent to.

When an event is breaking, I watch all of 'em...because, somewhere in the middle is the reality of the situation.

As someone who are living in Europe and had FOX NEWS for free in my cable package a couple of years ago I can say that FOX is without a doubt, unbelievable regarding world news and how they report about the world!

The cable provider then ditched FOX after some years and too many complaints from subscribers who wanted something different though!

But I had FOX for some time and I was laughing my butt off at the obvious blatant propaganda when they reported their world news!

So I am actually not surprised at all that some Americans now sometimes have some skewed and uncorrect world views.

I have now only the English CNN International which is clearly & noticeably a bit better than CNN America which we also could watch before.

They both suck though!

I saw the difference between the two CNN broadcasts directly - On the American edition the propaganda and skewed reporting on world news & events was blatantly flowing without any constraints in comparison with CNN International in some cases.

I guess they can't lie the same way to the International audience

And sometimes the reports and the reporting of same events (often Iraq & Afghanistan) was totally different and you could almost touch the propaganda because it was so thick.

(I would say that CNN America and Fox News were very similar, but Fox was worse with more uncorrect facts and obvious spins when reporting world news)

And I know from a European lady friend reporter and journalist who was in Iraq with her News-crew, that both CNN and FOX News also used sometimes to stage some of their reporting from there.

If they needed to report something and the street's or their background were too quiet, they actually paid Iraqis to make a hell of a brawl and shout in the background.

And sometimes they apparently even reported from totally different more safe places than they said they were, when they were broadcasting home!

People from the International press must have had a blast at these American fabricated news segments - which was later sent home "as real news" to the Americans back home who were none the wiser.

The funny thing is that they probably discovered themselves that some other European News Agencies and the European audience laughed at them for how they were reporting from the war.

So most of the American Editions of American News were suddely canceled at almost every cable provider after someone started to write about it.

And I know this because I actually wanted to have the American editions so I could see and check the spins & lies they were feeding the American audience with, but nope! not available anymore.

Not even at the Hotels - only CNN International of those was available now!

The same with Fox News! - not available anymore was the answer I received

I think I saw that they had MSNBC now as well, but I don't know if this would be some special European edition - I have to check that!

One very funny thing though!

At nights here in Europe these recent year they have started to broadcast a couple of hours from the American CNN edition each night.

And sometimes when something interesting which probably could be sensitive for the International audience or something which they for some reasons don't want us hear - they cut the broadcast and interviews off immediately, and there's a couple of minutes of some segment of weather with temperatures rolling quietly in the background, which they quickly throw in instead.

And then they finally return from this awkward cut in the middle of Wolf Blitzer's interview with somebody, only to find ourselves in the middle of another CNN edition - but this time from the Asian edition from Hong Kong. And they never returned to the American edition that night, again.

And no! these cuts are not cuts for American commercial messages, we have those also, but they are more professionally cut and more coherent in context with the broadcasted segment. This is just wierd cuts!

They just switched over to CNN Asia all of a sudden before they return to something else - switching rapidly between different world editions - totally incoherent !

One time CNN in spanish even came on for half a minute! in spanish! that was hilarious!

But sometimes they seem to forget to cut in time though - and I get some minutes of golden spin entertainment when they are interviewing some politician or special expert about world events or the WarOnTerra before they cut if off in the same manner, but too late!

Maybe the cut guy forget to cut in time or maybe he's on a short bathroom break?

It's so damn funny!

But sad as well I guess!

To make you guys feel a little better I can say that BBC and other (of the allied forces countries of the wars) broadcasting is effected by the propaganda and censoring as well - maybe not so severe as the US, but it seems to be worse now than just 5-8 years ago for certain things!

(probably because of the war in Afghanistan where Nato ISAF forces are involved)

The broadcasting news I mostly watch now are Scandinavian and Swiss & Spanish TV news, but they start to suck as well!

Thank God that most of us here are more awake and still have the Internet!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by damwel

I watch certain shows and I get to hear the liberals side always. And after watching all 3 networks, I still believe Fox is far more balanced than the other channels.

[edit on August 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

You mean you get to hear the liberal side while the Fox news anchor or analyst interrupts, mocks, and ridicules them, right? Not to mention the majority of liberals you see on the show are virtually unheard of while the conservative guests have mainstream recognition.

Berating guests and turning of mics is not fair and balanced. Fair and balanced is when each side gets to say their piece with equal time and the other gets to counter any claims made. The anchor or moderator only asks valid questions and it is not readily apparent which side the anchor takes. Try watching PBS newshour to see what fair and balanced is really like.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

But I had FOX for some time and I was laughing my butt off at the obvious blatant propaganda when they reported their world news!

So I am actually not surprised at all that some Americans now sometimes have some skewed and uncorrect world views.

...snip...
It's so damn funny!

they are entertaining to watch. problem is that the general public in america is not being informed as to the truth concerning things. if they were they wouldn't be here on ATS.

martial law sucks.

edited to change "marshal" to "martial". but, it still sucks.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

Fox News really is unbelievable.

So what's new?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join