It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News really is unbelievable.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Look it up wherever you like, you'll get the same results. The truth is the truth. The scariest part of the whole ordeal was that the courts ended up ruling in favor of the news stations right to fire the employees for not reporting the story as instructed.

I guess this means that it's perfectly legal to report lies and call them news.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
if Faux News were to suddenly and openly support terrorism, you'd have about 20 million old guys strapping bombs to their bodies and running into local walmarts.

Luckily...that hasn't happened yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Because it is not true!! I invite you to prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

MSNBC exposes Fox News for their lies and half truths almost nightly. If you want to see Fox caught up in their own lies, you might just give Olbermann and Maddow a test drive, it may surprise you.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Flatfish]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by Flatfish

Olberman? Truth?
Are you serious? You all think Beck and O' Reilly are bad, Olberman is right up there with them. So is Maddow for that matter. Pot, meet the kettle. The only difference between them is which side of the aisle they sit on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I for one would enjoy seeing factual examples of Fox misbehavior not just the typical "Fox Suxs" or "Beck is an idiot" emotional type responses. Why not a "they failed to report this" or "they lied about that"??

Not defending anyone just looking for facts over emotion.

PLEASE watch the videos on page one of this thread.

i can understand your concern about emotional responses verses informed decisions. but, FOX invokes emotions from their viewers utilizing neuro-linguistical programming in order to subliminally influence and control their viewers opinions. the methods they use are not registered at the conscious level of mind. the methods FOX uses to invoke negative emotional responses by their audience against guests who's views do not coincide with their agenda are a means of psyops tactics.

if you review the two videos i supplied in a post on the first page, and if you listen to glenn beck's audio of how he badgers an elderly woman who is literally poor about health care in america, you will see what it is i dislike about fox news.

yes, other "news" organizations use such subliminal tactics, but fox news uses them covertly and to intice their audience into believing what it is they want their viewers to believe. fox news encorporates such neuro-linguistical subconscious programming to elicit negative emotional associations with their audience in intense subversive styles.

fox news uses psychological warfare tactics

please watch the videos on page one of this thread

to what ends? i do not know.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia

All the while, Fox has been painting the head of the Ground Zero Mosque Project as nothing more than a terrorist. I guess that makes Fox News terrorists by association too, since their second largest shareholder is helping pay for this mosque.

You can't even write stupidity and hypocrisy this rich.

I would argue that it shows Fox to be independent.

Obviously they are not bending over backwards to appease one of their shareholders.

If the situation was reversed, and Fox was agitating in favor of the mosque, they would be accused of being paid off like we know the editors of the Atlantic Magazine were.

I wouldn't say there is anything hypocritical about this, it simply goes to show that the shareholders have no say in what editorializing goes on at Fox News.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I wouldn't say there is anything hypocritical about this, it simply goes to show that the shareholders have no say in what editorializing goes on at Fox News.

And i would say your real name is Rupert Murdoc, if you really believe what you just said.

They didn't use anything but his first name, they never showed a picture of him, they danced around the topic.

The Daily Show had a great piece of about this.

FAUX news is garbage.

Always has been. Always will be.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Personally? I find MSNBC to be toxic, and CNN not much better. FOX? I'm indifferent to.

When an event is breaking, I watch all of 'em...because, somewhere in the middle is the reality of the situation.

i think they should be getting their information from the same source, the truth of what happened on scene and field reporters.

indifferent to FOX? before i engage, how so and why? or are you not taking into account their commentary programs?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wasting more ATS space with another bash FOXNews thread. There's already 2 million of these, they should just create a forum for it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There can never be too many of these threads. It takes mass amounts of repetition for information to sink in. This is not empty bashing... this is about informing the people of FOX News and who they do business with, who has ownership, and how that information contradicts the narrative FOX News tries to sell every day.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by spiritualzombie]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Reply to post by spiritualzombie

Except that Murdoch still owns the biggest share, he has two sons who also own shares, and Alwaleed doesn't have any say in what Fox's parent company does or doesn't do since he isn't on the board of directors. Other than that and two pages of posts that can be simplified to "Fox sucks", sure this thread is just getting the word out.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
how many living organisms are on earth?

how many life forms exist on earth?

what is the population of the planet if we take into account all the life on it?

what is on fox news at this moment? the same story that has been on fox news for the past five minutes. there is a baby whale stuck under some boat docks in florida.

with everything going on in the world why is this life more important?

this one whale is fox's priority at this moment. nothing else anywhere is more important than this whale. must be the case. out of everything going on, this whale is the story.

it invokes an emotional response, yet those who are critical of fox are just emotionally charged critics......

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

If Fox turns out to be the only station that talks about the whale being stuck under a boat, you can say they only did it for an emotional response. If any other network reports on it at all, your comment will fall flat.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have watched all news networks and prefer Fox over all of them. Call me every name in the book you want I dont care
There are shows on Fox that I much much prefer over the shows on CNN or MSNBC. The shows I watch continually have people on there from both sides of the isle and everywhere in between. I hardly find that on the other networks.

I could care less if they talk about a wale under a dock. I can either watch it or walk away and not watch it. Its a nice change from all the other stuff that ALL news channels talk about. You can only talk about Obama and his horrible administration and their horrible decisions so much. At least its something NEW to talk about. And well, it didnt last long. On to WDC stuff with both sides speaking up.

[edit on August 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

The commentary shows are just that...commentary. I have watched the ones on Fox, and others on cnn and msnbc. As with all commentary, some I agree with, some I do not...

It's no secret to those familiar with my ideology that I swing to the right on many issues, yet I've somehow managed to avoid the trap that so many on both sides have seemingly fallen prey to. ...and that is, that the other side, left in my case have no valid ideas worth exploring. That's a fallacy, and a dangerous one at that.

That's why I'm indifferent to commentary. I have my own commentary, thanks, and it's just as valid as theirs.

What I want from my news is just that, the news of the day. I'll take care of whether or not it's good or bad myself. It is, afterall, why I've got this little thing called a brain.

Fox? CNN? MSNBC? Much the same, when all's said and done.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Reply to post by Flatfish

Olberman? Truth?
Are you serious? You all think Beck and O' Reilly are bad, Olberman is right up there with them. So is Maddow for that matter. Pot, meet the kettle. The only difference between them is which side of the aisle they sit on.

Ah Jenna, now you show your true colors. Yes Ohlberman and Maddow TELL THE TRUTH. Fact check them, oh but I already know that you will say that anywhere that says they are telling the truth are LIBERALS. That's been the brain washing technique of Fox News for so many years now that you people really believe that. They even have you so brainwashed that you believe that Liberals CONTROL all the media but Fox. LOL Maybe it's just that Fox News are liars and the rest of the media are telling the truth.

Come on Greeneyedleo. When Fox has a leftie on they wont even let them talk and have you ever seen what O'Reilly does when someone points out he's lying or wrong about something. You are absolutely free to watch and believe anything you want of course but you can hardly try to act like Fox is fair and balanced as they claim.

[edit on Tue August 24th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Notice how FOX never actually mentioned the name of Prince Alwaleed. Also, it's KINGDOM HOLDINGS and not foundation

Fox "News" is nothing but an entertainment channel for the stupid.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Fox "News" is nothing but an entertainment channel for the stupid.

Stupid? Really? Why is that? Because you disagree with their editorial slant? So, too, do I many times... That doesn't, however, make the viewership any less intelligent than I. Wrong? Perhaps. Or maybe I am. Or you are? Did that occur to you? Of course it did, you are after all, very smart...you don't watch Fox News.

Less stereotyping is a good thing, try it. There are two sides to most issues, and usually no one side has an exclusive monopoly on the truth. Somewhere in the middle lies the true truth of the matter. You would do well to remember that before you so cavalierly discard one side of an issue.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I love Fox News if only for the sole reason that they bunch up the panties on any liberal in a 10 mile radius of the letters F - O - X being uttered louder then 6 decibals.

Commentary != news.
Commentators state their OPINIONS on news, either directly by saying it openly, or indirectly by ignoring the issue..
Anyone who listens to only one (any beckites who forego all other voices of reason, as well as anyone who tunes into Maddow every night and takes it as solemn truth) need to have their heads examined; people on this board should know you never get the whole story from only one side, no matter how well intentioned.

The damage has been done one way or another which this Left vs Right balogne and is only further damaging the beast. Leave fox alone, as well as NBC and CBS or whatever other news channel is out there. Tired of hearing voices from one side of the aisle and anyone with a voice from the middle is drowned out from the catfighting and #slinging across the aisle.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by SlasherOfVeils]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join