It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News really is unbelievable.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
2nd largest share holder doesn't mean squat, its he who holds the most shares that count
he holds them to make money, plain and simple. he has nothing to do with day to day operations of the news giant.

i would trust fox to tell me more than MSNBC, HLN, ABC, CBS, or the communist news network.

although none of them give you the real truth.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
that is what i thought.

on fox news right now they are televising why it is bad for children to sing a song about their president of the united states of america.

children can't sing a song about their president of the united states?

children say: "Yes We Can"

that is just unnacceptable according to fox news.

no agenda? no propaganda? our little children being brainwashed?
watch the two videos in my earlier post, and tell me fox isn't brain washing.
and by "brain washing" i mean "brain-dirtying".

commercial now...

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

TN Coach fired for writing an Anti-Obama song. He is being interviewed on fox right now. didn't sing it. just wrote it. sent it out on some emails.
his name is Bryan Glover.

they are being very nice to him.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Pretty sure we just did "follow the money," and it leads straight to a Saudi prince who is making more money from News Corp. than any other single individual who's last name isn't "Murdoch."

Fox news is a load of crap. It's a horrible, horrible joke of a "news organization," and everybody seems to know it's a joke, except for fox news viewers.

Sort of like how everybody knows a cult is a cult, except for the people drinking the coolaid.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Huh? Not sure what you're implying there. I have watched Fox in the past, just as I have watched CNN and MSNBC. I don't watch any of them anymore and rarely watch anything on tv because I really don't care if Tiger Woods cheated, Lyndsay Lohan got arrested for the billionth time, and Michelle Obama got a new hairdresser. That's all they talk about and I simply don't care. I have, however, watched enough news broadcasts from all three to know that the actual news is the same regardless if which channel I put it on.

News commentators, on the other hand, like Beck, O'Reilly, and Olberman, vary between network in topics and political leanings. That is where the difference lies between networks. Frankly I get sick of people calling commentators news anchors. That's not what they are nor what they do. To complain about a news commentator and then pretend he's a news anchor is disingenuous at best, and frankly just ridiculous. It is not my fault if people cannot comprehend the difference between an anchor and a commentator, or between a news program and a talk show.

To answer your question, Fox is as much of a weapon of mass destruction as MSNBC is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by Messiah_Tooth_Fairy

Yes, I have nothing constructive to add which is why I posted a list of their parent companies board of directors while you posted the equivalent of "Fox sucks".

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

just a thought:

If Fox is the main or only news source one turns to for their information, odds are one may be too ignorant for any one member or group of ATS members to explain how ignorant one may be who is a FOX NEWS enthusiast.

like i stated/asked in one of my previous posts in this thread:
FOX NEWS, is it a weapon of mass destruction?

Yes, Fox news is a weapon of mass destruction
they intentionally mislead for the sake of entertainment, promote themselves as a news network, and give idiots the minimum amount of information to make them dangerous.

Side example:

The whole mosque situation really has been an exercise in human conditioning and just how dangerous this "news" organization is.

Up until recently, Beck and the rest of them have been on their soap box stating that we have strayed far from the constitution, how the founding fathers are spinning in their graves due to our straying, and how "we need to go back to constitutionalism".

Now, let's put aside the various civil rights that have been attained post 1787 and the rest of the good things that have developed.

Religious freedom is the first frick'n amendment, you don't even have to read through them all, it's number one, right there upfront, el numero uno.

My point is that since Obama has been elected, I've heard nothing but how he is a commie and he is a destroyer of the Constitution. Now, this same network and group of supporters are trampling on the very document that they claim to be the sole protectors of, I can't even rationalize it.

To me, it seems that this whole situation is simply an example of how "brainwashed" some of our countrymen are, they will follow no matter what is said, sad

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

i always knew fox news was out for a pay day--just follow their money trail--very revealing--what a web of deciet!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Feel free, just make sure you are watching a news program and not a news commentators talk show.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
www.wnd.com...

The Saudi prince whose post-9/11 relief check was rejected by former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani has found a more willing recipient in the city for his millions: the head of the Ground Zero mosque project. The same Saudi potentate, Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, owns the biggest chunk of the parent company of the Fox News Channel outside of the Murdoch family.

All the while, Fox has been painting the head of the Ground Zero Mosque Project as nothing more than a terrorist. I guess that makes Fox News terrorists by association too, since their second largest shareholder is helping pay for this mosque.

You can't even write stupidity and hypocrisy this rich.

I don't suppose that you would care to post a link to your claim that the Prince is the second largest share holder of Fox?

I didn't think so... oh and Huffington Post doesn't count.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No No Jenna. i was not calling you ignorant at all.

i was just pointing out it is wise to get information from other sources as well, not just one news source.

i agree with you about the news being reported.

less than 2% of all the news on tv are about the wars. like you stated they report on stories that really shouldn't be afffecting all of us. the downfall or exploitation of movie stars and the like, or who cheated on their wife by putting their "who-ha" in some nazi models "wha-ha" so to speak.

my comment was in no way directed at you. Anyone on ATS has already proven they are open-minded enough to seek out "alternative-news" in my opinion.

no problems Jenna. just reading what you wrote sparked a thought, and i thought i would share that thought.

i'm watching FOX right now, and like you i too watch a little bit of them all, to help be better informed, and less narrow minded.

but, some of the tactics i see on FOX, i do not see on other programs.
FOX does incorporate psyops' tactics and neuro-linguistic programming in their broadcasts, which is something i do not like them for.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

So you trust fox more than the other networks even though you know none tell the truth.

How does it feel to blatantly accept propaganda with open arms?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Ahh, I see. I didn't think you were, but i wasn't positive you weren't either.

I wish the obsession with celebrities would pass. No news was reported when Michael Jackson died. Nothing gets reported if a starlette makes an ass out of herself at a bar. And just this morning while trying to find music to listen to on my drive to work I hear "Coming up after the break, the top five things you need to know about Tiger Woods' divorce". Who freaking cares besides his ex wife?

Back on topic though, I fear I expected too much of this thread. The topic is worth discussing, but it has already turned into a Fox bashfest. I'm just wondering how people can claim to know so much about a network that they also claim they won't watch? If you don't watch it, you don't know anything about it besides what you're told.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I'm just wondering how people can claim to know so much about a network that they also claim they won't watch? If you don't watch it, you don't know anything about it besides what you're told.

That is a great point. Sure, we can see clips of it on shows like jon stewart of the daily show, but those are only clips. to understand the network better, one has to watch it for themselves for a duration to make a more informed decision as to what the network is about. or what the "commentators" are efforting to sell.

i honestly believe we are under some level of marshal law. if a nation does not have to formally declare war against another nation in order to excecute military operations against foreign entities, they sure don't have to publicly and overtly announce when we are under some degree of marshal law.

and there seem to be entities that are attempting to monopolize the flow of information, imo.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
I don't suppose that you would care to post a link to your claim that the Prince is the second largest share holder of Fox?

I didn't think so... oh and Huffington Post doesn't count.

Why can't you google this yourself?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I for one would enjoy seeing factual examples of Fox misbehavior not just the typical "Fox Suxs" or "Beck is an idiot" emotional type responses. Why not a "they failed to report this" or "they lied about that"??

Not defending anyone just looking for facts over emotion.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Fox News is unbelievable?

No, really? Or is it that you disagree with some, if not all, the commentary? I suspect that's a bit closer to the reality...

Fox News has a conservative slant, not exactly a secret to anyone who has watched the network... Just as CNN, and most of the others, have a liberal slant...again, not exactly a secret there either.

Personally? I find MSNBC to be toxic, and CNN not much better. FOX? I'm indifferent to.

When an event is breaking, I watch all of 'em...because, somewhere in the middle is the reality of the situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Well said! I also like to watch a few overseas news sources. More than once I have read about something happening in the US a day before US news picks it up. Australia news is one of my favorites but don't ask me how they do it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Well said! I also like to watch a few overseas news sources. More than once I have read about something happening in the US a day before US news picks it up. Australia news is one of my favorites but don't ask me how they do it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

To answer your question, Fox is as much of a weapon of mass destruction as MSNBC is.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. There is absolutely no comparison between these two sources. Even the smallest amount of fact checking on the stories as reported by these two networks will clearly indicate just how skewed, to use a kind word, the stories coming from Fox News are.

At least Olbermann and Maddow usually offer documentation of their assertions and a little fact checking almost always indicates that they have indeed been truthful. Just the opposite is true for Fox. IMO, just the opposite of what they're saying on Fox is usually closer to the truth, not as good as Stephen Colbert but almost as satirical.

I think a Fox News affiliate in Florida even fired it's general manager and it's news manager for insisting on reporting the truth about Monsanto's rbGH growth hormones in milk. Check out the following source article;

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's clear that truth & facts have no place at Fox News.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by Flatfish

You complain about Fox being slanted and skewed and follow by giving me a link to The Huffington Post? It doesn't get more slanted and skewed than them. I'll look the topic up somewhere else when I get home.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join