It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera grills Swedish prosecutor over "defamation" of Julian Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Thought this was an interesting watch, just pay attention to the way this woman speaks.

I understand that there are legal procedures which need to be followed, but this woman fails to even address simple questions about the 'normality' of the situation. This almost looks like a failed attempt at a smear campaign, I don't think this achieved its intended objective and I don't think they have anyone really fooled by all this.

But, "The charges are made and then withdrawn and the damage is done."

According to some, this is the best way to deal with them:

WikiLeaks should be hit with the cyber equivalent of napalm. Let's have that fire sale. Burn, baby, burn. 1

[edit on 24/8/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Knew it was a setup the minute I heard it, what a crock. Now, who will be punished for this? Who will source the culprit? My guess is nobody, what’s yours.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
gotta love al jazeera, the only news outlet i watch, as it is at least a "little bit" more honest and neutral in its reporting compared to CNN, BBC, Etc

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

That was a classic interview...now it's "sexual molestation"...what a joke...no one buys any of this...it IS an obvious attempt of character defamation, no doubt about it.

[edit on 24/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

"No, it wasn't a mistake.
We just got more information later to prove him innocent.."

And I thought the Swiss were cool and smart..

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have to laugh at all the americans that can't distinguish between Sweden and Switzerland simply because of the similar name..

I went to FOX to read the conservative reactions to Sweden having Wikileaks servers, every 10th comment got Sweden and Switzerland mixed up and every 5th comment wanted to send spec op teams or bomb us into the stone age.

How are you gonna mix up two countries when you've just finished reading an article that mentions the specific country several times? Oh, I forgot.. most people only read the headlines.

I don't know if you're an american CynicalM but I had to write that since you mentioned the swiss and reminded me of those comments.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Spot on.

Innocent until proven guilty... unless of course we don't like you, then its the other way around.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
ofcourse its a smear / honeypot trap gone sour,...

swedish law 1 0 1

if your detained in your absence or have a warranty after you in absence they dont name the perpetrator in that warrant , since its not yet public material , its an on going investigation on a sensitive subject where usualy even the court has its doors closed meaning its not even for the public to follow. its after the judges verdict that the case is made public or not for x ammount of time.

so who and how did they knew it was J A who was the perp.

did the police leak

did the females in question go directly to the tabloid paper who broke the news after they went to consult the "city police" who on their behalf had to do an investigation even if they didnt file a complaint

did the prosecutor fail to protect the identities of all involved ?

or did all 3 work on the behalf of someone else ?

you think and you speculate , i for one have even more reasons as to why not go back to sweden and enjoy their life of ignorance.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by zerbot565]

top topics

join